Coppelion Schoolgirl Apocalypse Anime

Coppelion Episode 1 010

Coppelion Episode 1 016

Coppelion Episode 1 018

The not inconsiderable cross-section of anime fans who enjoy post-apocalyptic settings, firearms and schoolgirls will be delighted to see that Coppelion brings all three elements together in abundance.

Coppelion Episode 1 001

Coppelion Episode 1 051

Coppelion Episode 1 052

Coppelion Episode 1 053

Coppelion Episode 1 054

Coppelion Episode 1 055

Comment by macona
    15:32 06/10/2013 # ! Quality (+0.8)

So far this show has so many "whys"

They are genetically engineered for the environment and trained at a military academy. So:

Why are they not wearing clothes appropriate for the situation?
    Why are they acting like a bunch of idiots with no discipline?

Comment by warjoke
    15:42 06/10/2013 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Why is there no pantyshots despise their skirt length and the very windy background?

15:46 06/10/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

banana.

Comment by sanimej
    15:54 06/10/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

All questions answered.

Comment by DaRk5nAk3
    01:13 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

agreed.

16:18 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Simple. Because there is NO PANTY!

17:18 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

There is one about 2/3rds of the way through just after the one girl is left behind with the dog, it's just a single frame so you have to watch carefully.

03:45 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

thanks for this. i feel kinda proud for having managed to masturbate to that single frame

05:10 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Why are they not wearing clothes appropriate for the situation?

Japanese School Uniforms are based on military uniforms, and are perfectly functional. Or are you one of the idiots who thinks wearing a full ACU somehow increases their effectiveness.

Why are they acting like a bunch of idiots with no discipline?

Military discipline is based upon a command structure. Without a hierarchy it tends to disintigrate. Particularily among teenaged girls.

Comment by dukemagus
    10:50 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

nanomachines dude... when in doubt, nanomachines

Comment by Kohaku
    00:37 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Why do you think they'd answer that on the first episode? lol

16:55 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Because in anime, no matter how "post-apocalyptic" it gets, characters wil lalways behave just like modern-age Japanese. The only reality they know.

00:44 09/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Hokuto no Ken

Comment by 27raven
    16:43 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Yep exactly my thoughts. The 'schoolgirls on a trip' part really didn't work for me in that otherwise apocalyptic environment.

16:49 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I guess you haven't read the manga at all, which kind of explains some, otherwise fuck logic.

They're not wearing clothes appropriate for the situation, assuming you're saying why they're not wearing protective suits, is because they're immune to radioactivity since they're genetically modified test-tube babies. If you're asking why they're not in survival uniform or whatever uniform you're thinking, it's anime; fuck logic.

Why they're not disciplined is because even though they were trained at a military academy, it's not like real military; they've been taught just like an ordinary high schooler, minus the cirriculum is more based on survival and battle, which they can view it as the norm for them. There's no discipline system like in the military hence why the lack of it.

I'm not basing this through nothing; I've read to the latest chapter of the manga.

15:49 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Probably they have never gone out of their academy before and just, sort of, got excited about the whole thing. And they are dressed as high school students so as not to alarm potentially delirious and hysterical survivors.

Comment by Tex_Arcana
    22:04 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

For my part, I wonder WHY they grafted that aluminum plate onto a perfectly good luger.

Comment by macona
    16:01 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

That spot just behind the barrel on the receiver? It looks like a through passage. Bought a luger for my dad for his birthday. Neat pistol.

Comment by Lost
    22:35 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

relly the real why would be why did anyone build a nuke in a city? about 5 laws prevent them geting to close to populations by default... then a reactor of that size? madness, iv read quiet a few of the manga chapters but droped it after a while not my type of show..

have fun to all who do watch/enjoy this type

23:48 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

So they finally decided to stop cockblocking it?
    About time.

I've read the manga, and it's a shame the story literally degenerates into a DragonBall Z clone fairly quickly. I mean, we have plenty of those already.

I really liked the start, as it's more unique and interesting, not to mention somewhat educational.

08:17 08/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Ironically they got rid of the Akira Toriyama-esque character design for the anime.

07:39 09/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope you mean they got rid of the Akira Toriyama-esque combat, kamehamehas, genki-damas and super saiyans, too.

Comment by EndlessGr8
    14:58 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

As much as I love the background art and the character designs, I honestly don't think they fit very well together. It's too obvious that the characters are "drawn" over the background and not really a looking like a part of it.

23:53 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, I like the style of the characters in the anime (barring the terrible black outlines), but they don't really look like the same characters from the manga and they don't really suit the environments.

I initially checked out the manga because I also liked its art style, too. Ah well.

I just wonder how much of it was changed as a direct result of the Tohoku disaster.

17:05 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Remember Mushishi? It had absolutely amazing backgrounds, but people were drawn just okay, nothing extraordinary. It was a trick to show how stunning nature is compared to any humans.
    Similar here- it shows that nature, even after nuclear apocalypse, is strong enough to be beautiful.

05:13 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

And that humans just draw themselves over it.

15:28 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Check the manga, the character designs are significantly less moe with the design and how should I say... Rougher?

08:29 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

what the fuck you trying to tell me about moe?
    and why the fuck you using the word check? am i your weed checker?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

15:30 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, I see that as kind of cheating. I was around for when Coppelion was first uploaded on the net so when I first read the chapters; I was thinking: "If nothing else and if this is to be animated, the background will be amazing". The background has been done with justice in a form of beauty where one would forget this is post-fallout. Yet still, the characters look out of place, especially with their super pale "condition" on top of everything else. This must be two different groups of animators.

22:57 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, going for off your comments that the girls look "out of place", if you think about the setting of the show, the girls literally ARE out of place. Three perfectly healthy girls running around in otherwise no protective gear but school uniforms in a city suffering from nuclear fallout doesn't really fit the general scenario. Relating to the comment about mushishi this could very well be intentional.

Comment by KingFisher
    17:51 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

The character design is actually much different in the manga and fits more with the background. I also agree the characters in the anime look pasted onto the background.

12:47 10/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

When I read this manga back earlier roughly a year back, I thought it was interesting.

Then a month later, Fukushima Dachii went boom. Anyone old enough to remember when Battle Royale was put on the bus after the Columbine High School shooting in the US? I thought this will get the axe for sure.

Now an anime is announced, it will be a delight, pray that they don't mess up the adaptation.

03:20 08/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

onigiri looks like pantsu

Comment by Circus
    15:53 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

My schoolgirl anime can't be this post-apocalyptic.

15:34 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I never thought I'd say this..
    But...
    Noooooope.
    Too moe-nized.
    Original art style is way better KTHX.

Comment by izu taisa
    14:50 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

im so ashamed of myself letting cute girls fighting

15:36 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I wonder why its only girls, is there a scientific reason or just "I want only girls" as the reason?

20:19 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

In an post apocalypse world produce more girls than boys is interesting for reproduction. With 10 girls for every guy in one year every girl could give birth but if it were 1 girl for 10 guys the reproduction rate would be much lower.

In terms of reproduction women are much more valuable than men.

15:23 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

get out of here stalker desu

07:48 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't just stand there, come in desu

08:37 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

how funny,.... you seem to help them. but when its about plastic surgery you just troll the shit out of me for your own moneys sake?

at least show me the way to plastic surgery!

08:37 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I DID NOT SAY THAT OR DID I RECEIVE AN ANSWER?

Comment by SomeDuder
    17:15 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

It's dangerous to go alone, here, take my +

05:20 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Wouldn't that leave you queueing for too long?

07:12 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

i should ask you the same question, who are you?

and... i am the same as you is not the right answer.

22:02 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

That art style looks fucking awesome, now i have to watch this.

21:09 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

why the hell do the characters have such thick outlines?

00:14 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

The radiation caused them to grow disgusting outlines that makes it look like they are cutouts pasted into a rather nice looking world.

21:47 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

What's wrong with thick outlines?

22:11 06/10/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

I think it makes them look like they are pasted over the background more than anything else.

12:58 07/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

they're following the manga aesthetics. faithfully, like in SnK

23:49 06/10/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

I wonder if they purposely did that to try and distinguish between reality and fiction.

"The radiation in the show is in no way representative of radiation in reality! Nope, it can't harm you at all in reality!"