Top 25 Anime Guys Love & Girls Hate

to_love-ru to_love-ru_darkness momo_velia_deviluke nana_asta_deviluke by yabuki_kentarou

In the interests of fairness, efforts to list the anime most loved by girls and yet hated by guys have been complemented by the reverse ranking – the titles men love but women cannot for whatever reason stand, which seems largely to mean harem, mahou shoujo and all-girl moeblob shows – with harem titles in particular singled out for merciless opprobrium…

The ranking:

20. Minami-ke

21. A Certain Scientific Railgun

22. Oda Nobuna no Yabou

23. Ore no Kanojo to Osanajimi ga Shuraba-sugiru

24. Hidamari Sketch

25. Bakemonogatari

21:45 25/05/2013 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Index, Railgun and Minami? Why?

03:03 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I'd say I understand as Nanoha and Madoka are as borderline as they are good, but SAO? Index? Railgun? don't know what female public they asked for that result....

03:51 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

SAO is the least surprising of the whole list, come on.

Minami-ke is a complete what the fuck, though.

Comment by Sasazuka
    14:21 28/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.4)

The best I can figure for MINAMI-KE is that the girls in the survey hate it because any character with any romantic interest in any other character on the show is doomed to fail. MINAMI-KE is the essential un-romance anime.

20:17 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

My guess: the females interviewed are either non-otaku (so they hate on most anime they've heard of, no matter what), they watch SOME anime (but don't like fanservice stuff, yet don't hate moe SoL like K-ON!, Hidamari or Minami-ke) OR fujoshi-type girls (who only like male fanservice, reverse harem, shoujo romance with 1 girl x guys, etc.; everything NOT like that gets hated).
    Short: Uninformed, disinterested general hater; neutral open girls, who dislike too much fanservice; fujoshi, who hate everything non-fujoshi

Taking those types as the main base... you get lots of hatred and some tolerance, resulting in these poll results

11:53 27/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

minami-ke's got good looking guys i guess? and who can forget about hosaka XD

21:10 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Hm.. haven't read the Nanoha manga, but I've seen all anime (except for movie 2) and I liked them. S1 was typical MS (=Mahou Shoujo), but with some action, nice characters AND the rather mature and deep story of Fate/Alicia/Precia. Heck, there was even child abuse, which is uncommon in MS!
    S2 had better production values, more+better action, focus on the villains (who were shown as nice and having their reasons for what they do)... AND we have Hayate's story, which was also on the sad side (IIRC). Only thing I didn't like was the end battle.
    S3 is hard to judge. I liked the new characters, but there were too many (especially villains). The pacing was meh, started nice, went slowpoke, then rushed through everything = bad direction. The sound effects were really bad and OVERUSED. Art/animation went from good to bad. Overall I liked StrikerS, but it could've been MUCH better.
    Sooo... IMO there is more to Nanoha than just loli fanservice, naked trans and Nano-Fate yuri relationship. Fanservice is rather minimal and Nano-Fate depends on how much of it you interpret into every scene...
    I believe that even grownups can watch MS without being a male lolicon, depends more on the series (Precure gets boring fast; Doremi has great character stories; Nanoha has action and emotional stories; Madoka is "deep", dark and seinen with cutesy char designs; Sailor Moon has nostalgia value, some love story, can be pretty violent+dark, though it's still repetitive with Monster of the week)

10:54 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

all of the otaku girls I know love SAO and haganai, dunno about Japan and all of you guys, but this comes to me as quite surprising

11:06 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

As with any list, to be hated means somebody cares...

Comment by konakona
    06:47 30/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Maybe because they don't like seeing a main lead who punches women? Just a hint.

02:34 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Why Lyrical Nanoha? WHY?

09:50 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Uh....... the nonstop naked manga spreads, hug pillows and lesbian innuendo while being increasingly devoid of plot?

People who think Nanoha is some kind of female empowerment manifesto crack me up. It's a moe fanboy exploitation anime, period. They used to dress it up in a flashy package until they realized all they needed to sell it was girls holding hands and blushing at each other.

Comment by Arisu
    00:28 28/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I can agree with that, but at the same time, there's series on both lists that I, as a girl, like :3

20:04 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

11:05 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It seems to me that most people on here would like that sort of thing- including in japan

13:22 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

>devoid of plot.

Sounds like best selling shoujo mangas out there.

12:27 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

The poll isn't about the typical person on this board, though--it's about anime that Japanese women hate.

And seeing as pretty much every male character has been completely written out of Nanoha by this point in favor of more girls holding hands and taking baths together, I can see why they'd lose interest in it.

17:51 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

@12:27 Anonymous

Na...you are overthinking it. If you look at this list, and then the list for "girls love guys hate", you would draw the simple conclusion of the anime in this list "doesn't offer enough hot male characters for the fujoshi to drool over or have yaoi fantasy over..."

Guys love yuri, girls love yaoi...male otaku loves Idolmaster for the same reason female otaku loves Kuroko Basket...

because she's a bitch

that's why!

fuck nanoha and madoka

go to hell!!!!!

Comment by Erranty
    05:59 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The ToAru series draws a lot of heat because whenever there's a news post about it they tend to focus on the ecchi which makes up so little of the show.

20:53 25/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

Note the absence of K-On!.

I also call bullshit on Sword Art Online. Where I live the fangirls are everywhere. For whatever reason. I guess they project themselves being harem'd by Kirito-kun?

Also, someone mind explaining to me why my comment gets spamfilter'd when I'm logged in and appears unmolested when I'm anon?

Comment by Yamato
    05:01 26/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.4)

it's not even all that harem-centric. I mean there's a fling here and there, but it seems far more focused on a single, monogamous relationship than the majority of other anime released in the last decade.

Comment by SpideyPHL
    01:11 26/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.4)

Seconded here. Of the my female students that I know are into anime, they like Sword Art Online (I assume because Asuna is a pretty strong character even if she does turn into a damsel) and K-On. There's nothing inherently wrong with cute girls existing (although I personally find K-On deathly boring).

22:44 25/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Someone doesn't like you, but they don't know you're you when you're anon :p

01:36 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

This is a japan list not an american list

11:03 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I'm not American, I'm from good ole Europe. And not from the English speaking part of it either. My English so good it made you assume that? ;)

Either way, it's actually the same in Japan. SAO is highly popular with moderate otaku girls over there as well. In the case of K-On! that is actually a long established, well-recognized fact. It's notorious in Japan especially for the pull it had with even non-otaku highschool girls.

Comment by Mei
    23:23 25/05/2013 # ! Quality (+0.8)

I'm female and I like Idolmaster.. . geez

00:17 26/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Girls like you are far better than any fugly fuckjoshits. Enjoy IdolMaster!

10:42 27/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Sooo it's perfectly acceptable to be a straight male who likes yuri but not acceptable to be a straight female who likes yaoi? Why is it so repulsive when it's the other way around? Embrace your female counterparts, yuri fans.

03:35 28/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Cant the few of us girls who like yuri and yaoi live in harmony with the rest of the male anime fans? Not all fujoshi are psychotic stereotypes, just like how not all otaku are overweight or lolicons, etc. I don't like yaoi all that much, but that doesn't mean I don't want to watch a series with pretty guys.

02:00 28/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

The levels of denial on this site are delicious!

Comment by Akihito
    02:22 28/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Apparently you ignore that there are many girls who love yuri and don't like yaoi. Certainly, we embrace those female fan counterparts,they are our comrades. But We don't want to have anything to do with the fujoshi and their fetishes.

Comment by Akihito
    03:00 30/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

@ 03:35 Anonymous

Oh, I know that type of female fans! and I think the otaku guys are totally cool with them (well, except if those otaku guys are total assholes). Those girls may watch BL or anime with a lot of bishounen, but they have broader tastes, and thanks to that can relate pretty well with their male counterparts. Many of them are fans also of the yuri genre, or are fond of moe anime and they haven't in general any problem with "cute girls". Even more astounding (at least for me) is the fact that some of them even watch ecchi anime (like Ikkitousen, Seikon no Qwaser or Queen's Blade)because "is fun". Its impossible for otaku guys to hate that type of otaku girls. There are the obsessive ones (the fujoshi whose sole purpose seems to be to slash every male with another male in every shounen anime they watch)the really annoying for the male otakus.

MADOKA MUST DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

o wait.....

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I don't see what you have against fugly fujoshi. They didn't chose to be fugly, and they certainly aren't any different from moe obsessing otaku.

Comment by yuriphoria
    10:05 27/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Who're the fucking trolls modding down anything resembling common human sympathy? I swear it's done on purpose,

06:47 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

05:18 is clearly a sad, fat, pathetic, lazy fuckjoshit!

05:18 26/05/2013 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

I think the male equivalent of a "fugly fujoshit" is probably a yuri-loving otaku, if anything...

I'm male and grew to dislike the Idolmaster anime as the episodes went on...

As you can see... I hated a lot of stuff in Idolmaster, though the premise and characters are great. Art and music were good, but yeah...

21:12 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Hm.. so text in parentheses doesn't show? Here goes again:

I grew to hate Miki (I was really interested in her in the first eps lol)! I disliked the focus on retarded Miki, the overly long and "dark" Chihaya arc, and the shitty "dark" Haruka arc... it was realistic that everyone goes their own way, but I didn't want that in this anime... and Haruka's emo-phase after Chihaya's emo-phase... I prefer happy Haruka. I also hated the whole Kuroi-rival aspect... it was overdone, made me hate a lot of things. Example: Hibiki got "her" ep, then Kuroi had to mess with her and it became a rescue ep = bleh... Then there was the trio idol group... couldn't they form more groups one after another over the course of the show? There were ENOUGH girls... AFAIK Idolmaster is NOT about individual idols and their success, but idol formations/groups!... and I really hated that most girls got only 1 episode or even less focus... whereas the big 3 fan favs had like half the show to them -_- Take Yukiho.. she had a small focus in an earlier ep, that's all! No chance to develop her into a good character. Another thing... they had not enough focus on actual music/singing/performing. Even when they performed, they switched to characters talking, panicking, changing clothes etc... I WANT TO LISTEN TO THE MUSIC

Comment by Tex_Arcana
    05:25 27/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

A lot of this was according to plan. They made the character appearances themselves reinforce the character.
    sooo... Yukiho gets routinely ignored, has a blink and you'll miss it moment in the sun? Check.
    Miki cannot stop sparkling, and is a total screen hog? Check.
    Haruka's brain problems are ignored until the last minute, because she seems so cheerful? Check.

Without Kuroi, it would have been difficult to have an overarching plot.
    I think it's the attempt at a plot that makes the show for fans like me- it saves it from being "K-ON, the Idol years." YMMV.

20:26 25/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

yuru yuri has a bigger female fan base then guys

Comment by John Hayabusa
    20:52 25/05/2013 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I miss TOSHINOU KYOUKO so much.

Comment by Dan
    22:24 25/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

I miss all of them :(

Comment by Akihito
    22:44 25/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Indeed, there are a lot of girls that love Yuru Yuri.

01:25 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Toshinou Kyouko made my week so much better every time yuru yuri came on.

02:30 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

So it looks like girls don't hate Initial D? Nice! Now we can go participate in illegal street racing.

01:30 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

"There is no woman who doesn't like gay men." typical Fujoshi quote.
    "There is no man who doesn't like gay women." - me right now. Yuri is great, especially when it is Yuru Yuri.

02:12 26/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

Hmm. I prefer bi women. Gay women don't always share.

02:23 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

^^ You'r right on that one~

05:15 26/05/2013 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

I feel like I'm the only guy in the world that doesn't care about yuri... I mean, I don't hate it or dislike it, just indifferent. I just don't understand fantasizing about someone of the opposite sex when they'd never be interested in you, so Yaoi fans don't make sense to me either, actually.

06:25 26/05/2013 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Dumbass anons 06:22 (You're are not alone) and 05:15 are just some closet fugly fuckjoshits.

06:29 26/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

And I don't understand how can a guy like 05:15 possibly hate yuri, whether if it's a sweet romance between women or a hot lesbian action.

06:32 26/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

06:27 People like you and 05:15 are just too stupid to understand things. Maybe you "guys" are some fat, pathetic fujoshits who came here just to troll yuri with you yaoicrap.

06:43 26/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

06:29

And I don't understand how can a guy like 05:15 possibly be "indifferent" to yuri, whether if it's a sweet romance between women or a hot lesbian action.

Fix'd.

06:22 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Fuck off, you dumbass homophobe.

06:40 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

06:27, 06:22, and 05:15 make me sick! Pathetic homophobes!

@06:40 - after defending Free! in all of it's news comment sections, it's hilarious to see this now and see it get upvoted. I defend what people assume will be yaoi and I defend fujoshi that love BL, calling out other blatant homophobes by their deserved titles and I get downvotes and shit for it. Now I'm being called a homophobe for an assumption that I hate yaoi (and yuri) so I still get downvoted XD Oh wonderful SanCom....

@06:27 - whoops, definitely should have thanked you too.. >_< didn't see it till now..

0643 - Thanks.

Wow, lol, I knew I was in the vast minority here. Well, at least i'm not completely alone :P I'm definitely not a homophobe, btw. I'm one of the few people supporting Free! and I watched Brokeback Mountain and Mysterious Skin like I would any other movie, and I already watch Queen's Blade and Ikkitousen and other anime full of Yuri. I love seeing the sexy women in them, it's just that Yuri doesn't add anything for me.

Of course, leave it to Sankaku to just downvote and hate on me for having a different opinion rather than just use the opportunity to gush about what you love and why you think it's so great.

You are not alone.

anon 05:15 said he was indifferent to yuri/yaoi, how does that make him a homophobe?

Some people, I swear.

20:45 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Not sure, but I think...
    younger girls > younger boys,
    older guys > older girls
    Yuru Yuri is not fanservice, but moe comedy. Older girls/women might not give it a chance, thinking it's lolicon material or a little girls show...
    Similar to Mitsudomoe (shares director, composer, etc.)... looks CUTE, is a comedy. Though that one has some dark and perverted comedy, which turned off even many guys

02:08 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Anyone that can hate Yuru Yuri is lacking soul.

moeshit
    moeshit
    moemoemoeshit

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it wrong to fap to the OP picture?

05:48 26/05/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

It's yuri twincest (well, sort of). How could it possibly be wrong?

06:39 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Are you a fat fujoshi?

11:51 26/05/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Not to mention Madoka.