You are proceeding to a page containing mature content. Is this OK?

check Yes, show me everything
close No, hide anything sensitive

USA: “Sea Shepherd = Pirates”

sea-shepherd-officially-pirates-001
sea-shepherd-officially-pirates-002
sea-shepherd-officially-pirates-003

Eco-terror group Sea Shepherd have been branded “pirates” by a US court, after the annual season of whaler hunting theatrics saw them claiming the whalers they rammed were attacking them.

Judge Kozinski overturned the decision of an earlier court that Sea Shepherd’s activities did not amount to piracy in response to an appeal by Japan:

You don’t need a peg leg or an eye patch. When you ram ships; hurl glass containers of acid; drag metal-reinforced ropes in the water to damage propellers and rudders; launch smoke bombs and flares with hooks; and point high-powered lasers at other ships, you are, without a doubt, a pirate, no matter how high-minded you believe your purpose to be.

The judge’s decision itself was to reject the earlier ruling on the grounds that the court had incorrectly interpreted the phrase “private ends” as referring only to monetary gain, rather than to anything “non-public” and not engaged in by a government, including personal or political goals.

He also found the earlier court’s decision that their attacks did not constitute “violence” because they only attempted to destroy ships and not people dubious as well, and scrapped that too, concluding that attempting to sink whaling vessels is consistent with the legal definition of piracy:

The activities that Cetacean alleges Sea Shepherd has engaged in are clear instances of violent acts for private ends, the very embodiment of piracy. The district court erred in dismissing Cetacean’s piracy claims.

The ruling is part of an attempt by Japan’s “Institute of Cetacean Research” to sue the US-based group into oblivion in US courts, and the court’s recognition that Sea Shepherd’s antics amount to piracy are thought to be a significant success.

Japan’s enthusiastic support for “scientific” whaling largely comes down to the political influence of the fishing industry and efforts to posture for the sake of fringe nationalists – both traditional concerns of the LDP, explaining fisheries minister Yoshimasa Hayashi’s unabashedly enthusiastic support for the industry:

“Japan is an island nation surrounded by the sea, so taking some good protein from the ocean is very important. For food security I think it’s very important.

So why don’t we at least agree to disagree? We have this culture and you don’t have that culture… so I just would like to say ‘please understand this is our culture.'”

The latest incident involving Sea Shepherd saw them accusing a Japanese whaling vessel of attacking them in Antarctic waters after they attempted to prevent it refueling from a Korean tanker by ramming both vessels – although it was Sea Shepherd who accused the Japanese of “grand piracy” and demanded Australian military intervention.

sea-shepherd-officially-pirates-004
sea-shepherd-officially-pirates-005
sea-shepherd-officially-pirates-006
sea-shepherd-officially-pirates-007
sea-shepherd-officially-pirates-008
sea-shepherd-officially-pirates-009
sea-shepherd-officially-pirates-010

• Anonymous says:

As an Australian, I’d like to see our government ban Japanese whaling vessels from entering our waters. Any which are caught should be impounded and the crew sent home. Some trade sanctions wouldn’t be a bad idea either. It won’t stop the whaling, but it would make it more difficult.

It’s not going to happen though because, our “allies” in the US, who want to maintain their relationship with Japan, will put pressure on us not to mount too strong an anti-whaling campaign.

• Anonymous says:

“Sea Shepherd for its part still maintains its antics fall outside the jurisdiction of US courts, despite it being an Oregon-based NPO, as it uses non-US flagged ships and international crews.”

Perhaps they prefer they applied “hostis humani generis”?

Piracy laws are international you morons.

• Anonymous says:

I’ve heard a little about these weirdos, sailing around in their wannabe destroyer, throwing homemade stink bombs and yelling obscenities into megaphones. Sounds like they’re escalating their “attacks,” but pirates? Please. They’re far too cowardly to be pirates. If they tried a little harder, then maybe I could see that. Even the A.L.F. had arsonists burning down buildings. I’m not taking sides because I don’t really give a shit, but these dolts aren’t pirates. This is just my government “taking action” because someone started complaining in their ear. Just like after a school shooting, where they pass shitty legislation they know won’t work so people will stop harping at them.

• Anonymous says:

Even if Japan stops, the demand for whale oil won’t. Since it has a high price tag and highly sought after due to it’s value in the technological field.

The Japs are money hungry.
    The world don’t give a shit.
    And the Sea Shepherd are just plain stupid.

• Anonymous says:

They’re fishing, so it’s okay to ram their ships and put their lives in danger. Totally not racism, and there’s totally no better way to do it.

One time I was fishing with other people. This one guy caught a fish and I didn’t, so I went over there, broke his rod in half, farted in his face, climbed into his truck and pissed on his seat. I’m totally within my right to do that.

• Anonymous says:

Ahhh the Sea Shepard, the best trolls in the world. Amazing.

Protect the COWS! Over 90,000 Cows are slaughtered a day! Oh my! Tragic that a worthless creature is killed 🙁

Note: I don’t actually care about cows or whales, but fuck dolphins, they’re little rapists. 😮

• Anonymous says:

Every time there are something about Whalers, why sudden surge of SS supporter filling up the site. Just like in youtube, new media etc, just filled with racist and ignorant people that spam and want harm to other. SS followers are very vocal but all they do is donate money and that’s it.

I’m for the protection of the whale but the community makes me want to puke.

• Japan should shut their mouth and eat hamburgers like everyone else.
    Sea Shepherd are heroes who are making a stand for something worth it.
    almost every goverment in this world is not taking proper actions on preventing eco catastrophes. and since most are old, filthy rich, dudes who can’t care a dime for what happens in 10 years, much less 20 or more, we can only place our hope s for saving the planet in such radical groups as Sea Shepherd.

• Anonymous says:

Japan should shut their mouth and eat hamburgers like everyone else.
    Sea Shepherd are heroes who are making a stand for something worth it.

• Anonymous says:

Hell at least sea shepherd is doing something. Every other government is just going to stand by while japan drives the whale population to extinction. Also why the fuck are the japanese even whaling in Anatartica? They kill all of the whales in their waters so they pretty much pirate protected waters in order to kill more whales. Somebody needs to kick these japanese back into their own waters.

• Anonymous says:

Japan’s whaling is research whaling.

It’s not like, dissection or anything like that. The research is to see what kind of harvesting quota can be achieved while sustaining the population.

You can do this with fish by sequestering them in pens, but you can’t do that with the world’s largest mammals. So you have to take them out of the environment (IE: Kill them.)

The International Whaling Commission isn’t banning whales because they are cute or intelligent or some dumb hippie shit. They’re banning it because they can’t maintain the industry of whaling (hence the name) if they make whales go extinct. Once enough research on sustainable catch is done, the IWC is going to just make national quotas on certain species of whales that will be legal to catch.

• Anonymous says:

if its simply a difference in culture then at least the japanese can agree that it is their right to protect the whales since they want them to live just as much as the japanese want to eat them

but something tells me the japanese are incapable of reason and their extreme racism thinks their priorities take precedent to anyone else’s in the world

• Anonymous says:

so, if a person commits violent acts to destroy private property is a pirate?
    That makes many US soldiers terrorists, am I right? They use violence to inflict terrorist atrocities. They kill civilians on purpose.
    I love how terrorists judge “pirates”.

PS: Hunting whales is prohibited by the same nations accusing Sea Shepherds for being pirates.

• Anonymous says:

Ramming ships and endangering crews is a criminal act, no matter how you feel about the whales. I hope they litigate these idiots straight out of existence before someone is killed or seriously injured.

• Anonymous says:

I was never big on environmental issues, nor do I care much about the whales.
    …but piracy, piracy is something I can support!

Lets board Japanese ships and keel haul the lot of em!

• If they wanted to cross the line into actual piracy or I guess they’ll throw the word “Terrorism” out sooner or later they wouldn’t advertise themselves.

With the resources available they could do incredible damage to shipping if they kept it low key.

Myself I’d put on a cover as a recently successful/decadent writer/musician sailing around the world with a harem of cute asian women. And I’d not just recruit pretty faces, I’d get some high tech ones, maybe an ex militant one also so I could get help making the probes, bombs and doing other work…

Remote control probes, limpet mines, acid mines, razor wire made from junk, water aggregates, for can’t save schools of fishes/whales, tons of poison to make the meat worthless… And know that mines can be set to explode later, so it’s not like a ship would sink right after I passed by, or indeed a ‘freak fault in the hull’ might only happen months later, say sinking a now full ship that costs more than it’s worth to rescue the entire crew in the middle of the Pacific just before it sinks…

—Say the navy boarded after several years of mayhem, more from them checking out every ship in increasingly huge circles out of desperation—

“Yar! Welcome Admiral! You ever listen to my album, ‘The New Barbarian chants’? Oh, you gave a discipline to one of your crew who played it because it was shaking bolts out of the equipment… critic… Read my book ‘The New Worriors of Torrrggg!’ uh, sexist and knuckle dragging even for a late 50s man…well we are both Americans, free speech is our virtue.

Look around! I have nothing to hide! Like Yuki, Aki, Yahyu? Picked them up from my travels and we are all good friends. (women go “He write book! Farang so Cash! We not captive, he no beat us, let us tie him up beat him!”) Don’t worry, we are all over 18 here, I made sure to have proof on file.

The gear downstairs? Well, way back I wanted to be a scientist, but couldn’t afford to go all the way in college. But now my music and pen got me more than a RL career in science ever would, I use these probes to measure levels in the ocean and contribute to human knowledge. Yeah, the chemicals could be used in explosives, but I have a scientific and not unusual use for each and every single one of them, all well documented! Gee, it does look suspicious, if you want you can talk to my lawyer and the university of …. and … and …. legal department, but I shouldn’t need to tell you Admiral if these chemicals were suspect you’d have to arrest almost each and every ship on the sea, from cargo tankers to other yachts. Again, I have use for everything. Here are my science papers. Do you know the diatom level is down by …. or this particular microorganism I’m going to be named after…. Say, I am uncovering proof-as if it is needed that there’s ‘Global Warming’… Look at these… Oh, sorry, you can’t take a position… Going back to your cabin, to lance a boil you said… Well, have a nice day Admiral, good luck finding those saboteurs you are talking about, I’ll be extra careful!

—–

And no, I’m not going to do something like that in RL, this was just a fictional example to argue they are NOT pirates. When my business projects get fully successful I’ll probably just be going for personal indulgence. I’ve written off the oceans. Soon these fish will be nearly extinct and the world will be starving. Then “Aquaculture” in fenced/netted off parts of the ocean will be REAL profitable.

I just admire their idealism in trying to stop this.

Don’t worry, Right-Tards, you’ll likely “win” and the oceans will be fished to collapse and be full of green algae and jellyfish just so a few elite companies could give good quarterly stock reports a few more years. Then I’ll make a fortune, maybe even get a ‘micro-nation’ if I can get my little niche somewhere and have been a fool to ever be against the drift net fishers. Fence off an area so real fish can grow up in, the fish then eat the algae and small jellyfish, I sell the fish for 20x today’s prices at least. YOU get to eat the algae and jellyfish flavored with artificial stuff. Yay, capitalism.

• Anonymous says:

This guy sounds like your kind of judge:

Kozinski had “maintained a publicly accessible Web site featuring sexually explicit photos and videos” at alex.kozinski.com. The Times reported that Kozinski’s site included a photo of naked women on all fours painted to look like cows, a video of a half-dressed man cavorting with a sexually aroused farm animal, images of masturbation and public and contortionist sex, a slide show striptease featuring a transsexual, a series of photos of women’s crotches as seen through snug fitting clothing or underwear, and content with themes of defecation and urination. Kozinski agreed that some of the material was inappropriate, but defended other content as “funny.”

• Whaling for the Japanese is like owning guns for Americans or driving without a speed limit on the Autobahn for Germans: a majority may very well want increased restrictions on the practice or may even want to abolish it altogether, but when other countries start bitching about it, they feel as though their culture and sovereignty are being violated.

• Anonymous says:

I’d love to see the Se Shepard go after crab fishing in the Bering Sea. Sea Shepard vs the Time Bandit from the show “Deadliest Catch” would make a great pay-per-view show…although it would only last about 5 minutes because Andy and Jon would riddle those hippie schmucks with their ARs and send their ship to the bottom with explosives. But it would be a fun five minutes.

• Anonymous says:

Piracy includes any act of violence, detention, or plunder committed by the crew of one private vessel against another. I’m pretty sure that ramming someone and throwing acid falls under “violence”.

• Anonymous says:

What part of ‘politically motivated attacks and harassment of civilian ships without provocation’ do you not get?

I may not like what those whalers are doing but these eco-terrorists attack people and endanger lives at sea.

• Anonymous says:

Let’s not forget Sea Shepherd’s long list of lying, ineffectiveness (there’s not one major achievement in the 30+ years they’ve been in operation) and sheer egotism. There’s nothing funny about hurting random people who seriously don’t understand or couldn’t avoid contributing to the whaling cause. If the Sea Shepherds want a target, hit the CEO or let the Japanese public have the cold hard facts. Right now the Japanese government is telling the Japanese public (over 70% of which don’t even know about whaling) that their culture is being annexed and forcefully taken away from them. The Sea Shepherd’s clear racist bigotry hinders them a lot more than the Whaler’s claims for science. Any other organization would have won this battle years ago but Sea Shepherd had to go and cheat like dick dastardly by lying and pissing off several major countries (they don’t have good fans in Canada). I don’t even want to mention their feud with the much more successful Greenpeace.

Yet despite all the racist rhetoric and bold boasts, seems that Sea Shepherd wants whaling to continue more than anything. So donate now folks! Pour more millions of dollars that get wasted in intentional boat wrecks, impounded boats and toxic fuel that gets dumped into the ocean. That’s how we’ll save the whales!

• Anonymous says:

so people thinking those whales are probably worth much more than all your cheap ass is ignorant? at least have some balls even though you japs got small cocks and admit you not doing any fucking science by slaughtering whales

• Anonymous says:

you dumb fuck the post is about japanese so we talk about japanese but everyone bitching about whalers would do so about any other country (I talked about cunt koreans too) and even though I live in Norway I condemn their whalers too, it’s not about racism or shit, stop hiding behind your thumb

• Anonymous says:

So that’s all they have to do to stop the stop the guys who fake crashes, lie about getting shot, don’t negotiate and whine like a little bitch when they get prop-fouled but run stories through every English media outlet while they do nothing? Just admit they’re not doing it for research and they’ll all go away? Hell there are dozens of countries that are killing more whales than japan does every year. They don’t even try to justify it. Perhaps you should stop trying to paint targets for guilt-free harassment. Calling the guy who disagrees with a jap… I see the Sea Shepherd fans still operate on racism.

• Anonymous says:

I don’t support the kinds of things those fools are doing. But on the other hand, commercial waling is abhorrent to the world. The entire world is watching & many people are really pissed. There will be violence when people feel legal courses are just roadblocks preventing change. The recipe is there & ingredients already in the pot cooking.

• Culture and protein my ass, this is all about the industry, the government and the profits. Whalers lobby sure is happy with the news, I hope this doesn’t dis-encourage the fight of the comrades. Fuck whalers, Japan you know best.

• That’s true. But the US and Canada are both spending big, fat wads of cash and resources to try to, well, if not undo, then attain some sort of sustainability where money-making industries won’t collapse due to their own greed and short-sightedness. They may not be entirely successful, but they’re at least trying.

Japan isn’t trying, at least not in regards to whaling.

• Anonymous says:

This is the problem with Japan, they come over and ruin your neighborhood.

Chinese fishermen only poach in the South and East China Seas, along their own coast.

China fought wars for the entirety of its 5000 year history – civil wars, that is.

Japan fishermen go on poaching expeditions half way around the world.

Japan starts WWII with its campaign of world conquest.

Why can’t Japan be more like China?

• I think this comment was funny.

So why don’t we at least agree to disagree? We have this culture and you don’t have that culture… so I just would like to say ‘please understand this is our culture.’”

This after they dismiss the opinions of any other people as irrelevant because they’re from gaijin.

I think those Sea Shepherds should just apply for letters of marque from China. Then they could be legally sanctioned pirates and not have to worry about anything. And I’m sure China wouldn’t mind giving them out for the right price, if the target is Japan.

• Anonymous says:

Funny thing is, these japanese have been whaling for far less in history than other cultures. It’s extremely amusing to see these uppity japs mouthing off about whaling like they know what it’s about.

• The issue is not whether or not whaling is happening, but the frequency of it.

Remember humans were all once cavemen who hunted animals for sustenance. The frequency was low enough to always have a supply of food.

The problem these days is the existence of the extreme.

• Anonymous says:

If they’re branded pirates, PMCs will get a nice windfall just like with Somalia. Whaling is profitable enough to hire armed escorts. Killing individuals officially classified as ‘pirates’ will be less of a stir and thankfully – for whalers and others who hire them – there’s less accountability for trigger happy mercs too.

• Anonymous says:

give the Japanese defense force a reason to consider SS’s little speed boats real pirates, THAT’S a smart idea…

and you don’t really think the US or AU navies will step in for SS at that point do you?
      if it got to that point, they’d join the chorus of calling SS pirates and let them get slaughtered by the Japanese navy.

and watch all of SS’s investors skip town if they pulled that stunt.
      even the most radical celebrity backer won’t stick their neck out for SS if they did something like that.

• Anonymous says:

oh please japanese navy? they don’t have the balls to stop lonesome fisherman to land on their island, let alone grab a weapon to even shoot in the air, the whalers are more of a threat to SS than japanese whatchyamightcallit navy

• Anonymous says:

12:23 So competent attacking a sleeping enemy.

I know that worked out right with all your women being turned into our cum dumps. I hear they squealed like 12 year olds having their virginities taken the first time!

• Anonymous says:

I think he’s talking about that same jap navy that got bitch fucked by US Navy that had less ships and experience, not to mention less efficient planes.

Or is it the same navy that has export-US weapons and relies on rip-off version of US designs and weaponry they call their own?

Or is it the same navy that allows china to ram their ships and apologizing for how it defended itself?

• Anonymous says:

Sure, kill people who get paid minimum wage. That’ll teach Japan to fight cultural annexation by the U.S. Being a good person and upholding the ideals of environmentalism are for successful organizations like greenpeace.

Like paul watson said “Its funny to hurt those whalers”. They’re not living beings or anything.

@luffy
          Well if you’re at see for 1/3 of the year you would almost certainly want to get paid more than teachers and police do. At least at their shift, they get to go home (possibly to a family). Let’s not forget limited food and medical supplies.

I believe the question goes like this
          “Would you like to get paid $10 to do a job that has few risks and you get to go home or do you want to get paid $10 to live at your workplace with none of the luxuries of actually having a home?”

I really doubt its an injustice that fishermen get paid more than people who work less than 12 hours a day.

• Anonymous says:

Well the ministers only get $130,000 and that’s the highest salary available at Japanese Managment. So yes, Fishermen in the U.S would probably get paid properly, but the Japanese fishermen who were probably forced into the job because they couldn’t get a college degree (which you need for even the lightest of jobs) don’t get paid properly. Still there isn’t any official information and while there isn’t a set, researched number, it doesn’t change the fact the destroying/harassing the suppler doesn’t stop the demand.

• Whaling is bad, but Sea Shepherd has done basically everything possible to make the Japanese side of this look sympathetic.

If they were at all serious they would be trying to get things changed internally in Japan, through legal means. Instead, they went full blown retard mode to try to grab as much attention as possible, except the only attention it brought was “hey look at me, i’m a retard”, instead of something productive like spreading information about whaling, etc.

Would not be surprised if some sea shepherd nutjobs went suicidal on their next attack, and then try to blame the deaths on japanese attacks in order to try to reclaim the moral high ground or something ridiculous.

• Anonymous says:

japan has driven more fish species to extinction than any other race and they are driving whales to extinction despite there not even being a whale meat market large enough to consume all the whales they kill

• Anonymous says:

why is whaling bad: 1 they’re endangered specie, 2 they’re endangered, 3 fuck you that’s 3, it’s not just about whales, japan don’t give a shit about long term or anything, they think they’re too good to care about that, much like chinese they so much hate, thanks god you guys are close to each others, just nuke yourselves to oblivion and get over with it

• Anonymous says:

this retard has never heard of hippies. Sea Shepards investors may care about money but the people on that boat are hippies to the most extreme level and they couldnt give a shit about money, I would bet most of them dont even have bank accounts.

• you aware that the current situation in the entire world is due to following the rules and laws, courts, etc right ? you should be smart enough to understand that things wont change that easily, you could probably fight the next 5 years against whaling vessels and you would still lose, specially since you are trying to interfere with japan’s internal industry. i dont completely agree with what the pirats did, but your way of thinking wont get you nowhere.

• Anonymous says:

well +1 for what you just said, just look at the world right now, syria shit, palestine and such, all the same, try to go by the book and follow procedures and you’ll be at it for the next 50 years at best and end up with no results, if protesting would make japan stop overfishing red tuna or kill whales and dolphin we’d KNOW it by now

• Anonymous says:

23:43 Japanese are also very well known by everyone for not knowing their proper place amongst people. You should watch your loose mouth before thinking you can mouth off like you know something.

Worry not, other mainland asians will put them in their place soon enough. They are already doing that in Tokyo!

• Not only is this an insulting post, it’s also not true in any sense.

However it is true that any foreign body trying to press a suit against a native industry in Japan will be regarded as belligerent gaijin who don’t know their place and will likely find themselves waiting in the hallways wondering why their case isn’t being heard.

• Can’t say I disagree to some degree. Quite frankly in this case bad press is good press too. It’s continuing to keep in mind that whaling is in fact happening and is in fact going to cause serious issues in the future if the ecosystem is not kept in balance. …we’ll ignore china, they’ve fucked enough species, but Japan knows better.

Hopefully on a long enough timeline, this will have proved effective in showing that whaling was that bad that extreme measures had to be taken, but first they need to unfuck themselves a bit and actually be likeable.

• Anonymous says:

Sea Shepherd has a rather nasty history of ADD. One of their first protests was against logging… they tried to fight for tuna but got sued… they tried to stop seals and got pwned by the canadian government. Now they’re here to help the whales… but it appears that they’re about to switch to sharks.

• @ 8:05

Do the research.

Southern bluefin tuna are now critically dangered and it’s widely accepted that bluefin tuna is overfished. 3 years ago, Greenpeace added albacore, bigeye tuna, blackfin tuna, Pacific bluefin tuna, Atlantic bluefin tuna, southern bluefin tuna and the yellowfin tuna to its seafood red list.

Minke whales are not even at risk.

It’s unknown where Brydes whales are at. Sei and fin whales are threatened, but not as bad as bluefin tuna yet. Sperm whale are considered vulnerable, and not as badly off as sei whales.

We are at greater danger of running bluefin tuna species to extinction than the whales hunted by the Japanese. I still think Japan should stop whaling, because it’s really not needed, it’s not popular in Japan, and it’s a great way to up your mercury levels. Also, they would actually be in trouble if everyone did it – but they’re not, and they’re not about to. AFAIK, it’s Norway, then Japan, then Greenland mostly.

Oh please!

Tuna is a fast breeding fish that’s doing just fine.

Whales are intelligent mammals, and most of the 42 species Japan whalers caught are already endangered species.

Japanese whalers travel half way around the world to poach whales in other people’s neighborhood.

Chinese tuna fishermen stay in South and East China Seas along their own coast.

And normal fisherman always flee. Japanese whalers are the only exceptions who stand their ground. The only reason Chinese fisherman caught poaching tuna fought back is because they couldn’t run fast enough and were boarded by Japanese patrols.

• why do they not just buy a 50 cal anti tank rifle and punch holes in the side of the waler ships? tenicly they wouldnt kill anyone and if the ship sinks it sort of stips them form doing it?

i dunno tbh what they do at the moment is relly effective it just looks like a wast of time

• yuriphoria says:

> Why do they not just buy a 50 cal anti tank rifle and punch holes in the side of the whaler ships

Because THAT would actually be an act of overt aggression. These “pirates” operate by throwing themselves between whalers and whales.

Obnoxious? Sure. Illegal, of course. Piracy? Never.

This is the US mercenary government selling themselves to the highest bidder as usual. It took the Japanese some time to figure out what pockets they should be stuffing.

• Anonymous says:

The japanese whalers go after non-endangered whales and the numbers are actually small… The treehuggers/pirates just don’t want that because whales have feelings or something.

• Whether you choose to believe it or not @21:42, their is a fine balance to our ecosystem. EVERY AND I MEAN EVERY SINGLE organism whether it be a whale or bacteria serves a fundamental purpose on this planet. You disrupt that balance by bringing enough species to extinction and you can really harm the planet’s natural order/balance. Anyone versed in Scientific fields knows that.

After all species that are near extinct aren’t protected just because they are rare. They are protected because they help keep the plant in balance.

It’s what you would call a symbiotic relationship. Whether you can see the connections or not every living thing on this planet is interconnected and demands on one another for survival of not only itself but the planet.

Take a simple analogy for example, trees. Without trees this planet would be dead.

But there’s one “flaw” in this balance – US. We seem to be the only living thing on this planet that loves to do anything in its power to destroy it. But even though we are extremely flawed in that aspect, we still makeup a fundamental part in the ecosystem. Even though we are also disrupting the ecosystem in a large scale. I guess you could call it a paradox. We are needed, but then again we aren’t.

• Anonymous says:

The worst part is that despite how easy Japan’s illegitimate whaling (the U.S forced them to sign the memorandum, unlike the other countries which still kill whales), they haven’t succeeded in doing anything. You could argue that they increased financial losses, but that doesn’t help environment at all (think about what Japan will do to get that money back). They have the easiest and most respectable job in the world, yet every true environmentalist thinks they’re idiots, the only fans are racist and can only justify Sea Shepherd using racism and their moral high ground has just been steamrolled by a judge with dictionary. Environmentalists aren’t hippies, yet Sea Shepherd wants to bring back the fashion.

• Anonymous says:

The Japanese sure are one of the most aggressive yet passive haters/racists/sexists etc. ever.

I’m surprised SanCom hasn’t done a story on medamasensei critisizing Japan for it’s racism and how the Japanese are going so far as to ask government help to remove his videos discussing Japanese xenophobia and blatant racism. Those of you that are curious…

• Anonymous says:

Japan always had a problem with denial and avoidance of responsibility. That’s why Japan’s statistics aren’t as trustworthy no more since their exposure of not reporting or recording crimes and rape have been made public.

They hide anything that makes Japan look bad. Compare it to US who constantly get critisized by various countries, but still release a lot of info that give Americans a bad image. Americans are at least willing to tackle their own problems (or attempt to).

The Japanese need to come to terms about their problems instead of running away from it. One thing that seems to be on the rise is definitely far right nationalistice fervor and racism in that country since Ishihara came onto the field. That or the Japanese has always been somewhat xenophobic or racists and are just coming out of the closet now.

• Anonymous says:

If that joke of a bitch ishihara is the best they can come up with, they are going to be fucked to pieces by koreans and chinese, not to mention everyone else in the world.

He sounds like a kindergartener in a room full of 30 somethings. Pathetic.

But than that’s really representative of japanese as a whole, so it’s fitting.

• Anonymous says:

I would love to see some of these uppity japs running their mouths putting any of their shit up or even prepared to follow through with any of their fantasies. Give me a good reason to answer their death wish 🙂

• Anonymous says:

From my point of view, the dumbass antics of Sea Shepard is vastly overshadowed by bitchy attitude from these japs whose history of whaling is much shorter and shallower than other cultures around the world.

Perfect treatment for cheeky little japs who should know their proper place.

@13:37
          I’m not Japanese simpleton! Don’t assume that because I’m calling out stupidity and racism of the comment that I’m Japanese. If that’s the way your gonna put it then no wonder there are countries across the world dedicated to take out U.S ‘imperialism’.
          It’s Ignorant people like you who demand changes without rationalizing on the other end. Perhaps if you were a lot less ethnocentric you’d realize that even you wouldn’t accept your own proposition had you been in Japan’s shoes. “You should make the change because the big guy who’s annexed you, bombed you and couldn’t give a shit about your problems and why you whaled in the first place now demands you stop” cause that honestly what you said. I’m pretty sure Citizens of japan wouldn’t re-elect the party that let’s ignorant U.S citizens walk all over them, especially ones that are so racist, they assume anyone who disagrees with them is a Japanese person.

• Anonymous says:

“Close to midnight on April 4, an estimated 50 GIs arriving in 3 trucks assaulted the Nakamura Hospital in Omori district.[11] Attacking at the blow of a whistle, over the period of one hour they raped more than 40 patients and an estimated 37 female staff.[12] One of the raped women had a two-day old baby that was killed by being thrown on the floor, and also some male patients who tried to protect the women were killed.[13]

According to Tanaka, on April 11, between 30 and 60 US soldiers cut phone lines to a housing block in Nagoya city, and simultaneously raped “many girls and women between the ages of 10 and 55 years.”[14]”

Now, if such acts occured at anytime anywhere else in the world, I would be the first one to step up and scream for justice by seeing all those involved butchered in public.

But, seeing how the japanese behave in anything they do, I am laughing my ass off at how you are supposed to properly deal with any mouthy jap like these whaling cunts.

More rapes of japanese women!

• Anonymous says:

The only reason Japs whale in Antarctic water half way around the globe is they already wiped out whale population in their coastal water.

There would have been fewer wars if they kept their tradition at home.

• I have no issues with them hunting whales in their own waters it’s theirs they can do what ever they want.
          But the Antarctic region including the surrounding ocean is supposed to be off limits to commercial exploitation as it’s an international nature preserve.
          You’re not even allow to mine or drill for oil in Antarctica.

• Anonymous says:

Yes because Racism is the answer! Why actually solve problems like food shortages/money problems when you can just blame on inferior ‘lesser’ races! Racism, its fun for everyone (except the people who are apart of the human race)

• Anonymous says:

that’s sad I used to respect japaneses and their traditions but over the past 2 decades shit went down the pipe, I hate chinese but for all I care they can start another war with each others to lower both their numbers I wouldn’t give a damn, just leave kyoto’s buildings up as a museum or something

• The “hunting endangered species” argument is the ignorance that Sea Sheppard wants to perpetuate. Japan Whalers are hunting Minke Whales. Minke whales are not an endangered or threatened species.

• Anonymous says:

Found this interesting post whiling reading some past comments on whaling issues on Sancom:

“Japanese, or rather east asians in general have a very twisted prism of childish view of the world through which their own claims somehow are justified under extreme circumstances, while anything that inconveniences them lets them play victims. They are whores to their own ideas, and reality always bitch slaps them back in their proper place.

Japanese claims of ‘cultural’ differences have only as much merit as those who oppose whaling. If others were telling the japanese not to whale INSIDE their EEC, then that would be some kind of bullying. However, most of these japanese whaling practices take place in fucking antarctic, where cultural claims of both sides that hunt and protect whales have equal merit, and its their little childish way of bitching at the rest of the world while trying to play the victim.

If japs want whale so bad, either import them or grow their own inside their EEC, and if their whaling activities are closer to other nations, they must ask permission before going hunting. They have no business hunting for whales outside their seas, especially not so blatantly. On the international seas, there is a generally understood rule that just because it is not specifically owned by any nation it doesn’t mean its resources can be run roughshod without limit simply by the nature of its ‘neutral’ factor. Without moderation, it ceases being neutral zone and essentially becomes either a free-for-all or a ‘no man’s land’.

Other nations that whale do so does them in relatively low-key ways, while japanese act like children with no idea of moderation, which is why they are targeted. The fundamental cause lies in japanese attitude of trying to make competition out of what they want, while other nations do so in moderation. Japanese are too narrow-eyed to understand such elementary facts, which is why they never win any respect anywhere.”

• Anonymous says:

See, japanese are like 11 year old children that are ignorant in the ways of the world and trying to pose itself as if they are 1st world when in fact they are so narrow-eyed and narrow minded they can’t tell their left from right.

They deserve to be raped to death by chinese they hate so much.

07:23

LOL this jap is full of shit.

We’re only in japan to guard against NK and china. Any and all japanese women we raped and will rape in the future is purely accidental and avoidable. Or as you monkeys will say, ‘regrettable’.

I am sure we are just doing it all for ‘research purposes’ and ‘comfort seeking’ any way.

You should have no complaints.

• 23:55,

Don’t be fucking retarded. They’re killing off anything they can catch without regard to species. If you’re so clueless you don’t even realize that much, then maybe you should do some research before you pipe up again and show off your ignorance.

• Anonymous says:

Yes, we’re only after Minke Whales, the other 38 whale types we killed that are endangered were purely accidental and unavoidable.

Oh, and and these Minke Whales, which are still illegal to hunt, were purely for research purposes, so that’s okay.

• Part of the dispute is over the location of where the whaling is taking place.
          Antarctica is supposed to be off limits to commercial exploitation.
          Because Antarctica is the last place on Earth to have not gotten fucked up by human activity there’s an international agreement to keep it that way.

• Anonymous says:

I salute you, plus don’t worry about their so called tradition, japaneses are becoming endangered specie as well, getting too old to take care of themselves they try making robots to come and wipe their ass. young ones are too busy fapping off underaged drawings to think about reproduction, who knows their might be some pirates to save japanese when they’ll be hunted by chinese for their hairs or something

• Anonymous says:

Look who’s talking. How the hell does it make sense japs are not whaling to the level of other people because they could not maintain a sustainable whaling resource in their home waters? Whaling is an even older tradition in other cultures, yet no one is putting for their much more acceptable and older culture as a reason why they are entitled to overfish in waters that is not theirs to begin with.

Go fuck yourself and your culture and your bitch mentality. Other cultures could just as well do the same to the japanese.

• Anonymous says:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

• what endangered species? From what I understand, Japanese whalers have agreed to only target rather abundant species, such as mink whales. Not only that, but they’re limiting themselves to a set number each year whilst being wary of the populations.

00:31

Well, what more do you expect when you have a bunch of helpless, naive population next to military bases? I suggest you shut the fuck and watch your woman get raped 15 times a month.

Bitches gotta bitch like whore in heat.

• Anonymous says:

And US “interrogates” their prisoners, they don’t torture.

And North Korea “educates” their people, they don’t oppress.

And Islam “protects” women, it doesn’t oppress.

And politicians have “geopolitical and economical situations that force them to act completely opposite of what they promise during elections”, they’re not lying.

It’s the way of the world to use “political correctness”, deal with it.

• Anonymous says:

well we can’t exactly trust the Sea Shepherd either. They’ve been caught saying they do they’re jobs because “its funny” and have faked being shot, being rammed (the ady gil accelerated to make the collision) and even operate using illegal equipment such as dazzlers.
          The end result is something really stupid. We can’t trust either side because they’re both incompetent morons doing jobs that have already crashed. If Sea Shepherd didn’t make whaling a incident of U.S Culture clash, Japan wouldn’t have continued to fund a whaling industry whose products go unsold. The Japanese may lie about the research, but that’s the only lie they’ve perpetuated so far. Paul takes full advantage of Sea Shepherds tax exempt status and hides his property in the group to dodge his taxes.

In the end I would like both of them to go to hell for being too amoral and self-invested to actually do something productive.

• While they may have agreed to only hunt those common whales, you can’t trust what they say. After all, they still claim to be whaling for ‘research’ purposes, not because they want to eat them.

• Anonymous says:

It’s not about culture, you asshole, you’re wiping out several species for no reason, except for the worthless pleasure of a few rich fuckers.
    No nation needs whaling anymore, the time when it had actually any real economical use are long over.
    Also, your so called whaling-culture was introduced after WWII because of a suggestion by the Americans.

• Anonymous says:

i do not eat whale meat but i also do not support actions that hinder human advancements and pleasure….

whales or other endangered animals ‘should’ survive simply because of supply and demand, but if they cannot survive and become extinct, then it simply means they canot survive on this harsh “survial of the fittest” planet…

in other words… yes, fuck the greens!

• Anonymous says:

Somehow the logic of the Japanese seems flawed to me: If Sea Shepard are really pirates, I doubt they’ll be impressed by any tries to “sue them into oblivion in US courts”. Outlaws are outlaws because they don’t care for laws, courts or whatever …