“How Never To Attract Girls” – “Play Games” “Visit Brothels”

creepy-otaku-room

A dating article which singles out men with an unhealthy (i.e. any) interest in gaming as being amongst the least appealing sort of partner to the fairer sex has lately been making waves online, with the article even going to rank the pastime alongside such scurrilous pursuits as “visiting brothels,” “being interested in idols,” and, of course, “maintaining a figure collection.”

The list in question – “The guy who does this by himself is absolutely no good!”:

He stays home alone and plays games

Most women do not seem to think much of men who play games all the time. It doesn’t matter how handsome he is, if a man spends all day gaming, he’ll refuse to go on dates and won’t have an interest in such cultural pursuits as going to watch a movie or listen to music, or even engage in conversation, so a relationship won’t last.

When considering the future, many will likely be concerned about the bad influence such interests may exert on children. It’ll probably be hard for him to date a highly feminine woman.

He goes to brothels by himself

Whether he goes alone or with his friends, most women will be put out by a man using a brothel. To say nothing of him hiding it from his girlfriend and going…

He chases after idols by himself

It can’t be helped that women want to be given a break from men who chase idols. However you look at it, a man who learns dance moves, dons a headband and starts cheering loudly at an idol concert has no appeal whatsoever to the opposite gender.

He’s a solitary trophy collector

The kind of guy who secretly makes off with personal items like jewellery from all the girls he dates, and builds a trophy collection.

He plays with dolls by himself

He’s a solitary claimer [complainer]

Online the list has met with an inexplicably chilly reaction from 2ch and company, and some doubt about whether any of the targeted activities would actually be any more acceptable if conducted in the company of lots of friends has been raised…

• Anonymous says:

Being in Vegas, and actually SCREWING Hannah Minx last year in June, and fondling her big H’cups with that lovely Violet Bra.

I’ll say this;

No matter how high you stand in LIFE; a man with confidence in anything he does will score with a girl based on 4 factors.

A nice smile;

A atheletic body;

A Brain that makes Decent Income;

Finally paying attention to the women who want to have attention.

If you judge a man by his hobbies; between 8hrs of sleeping->8-10hrs of working->8-6hrs of being stuck at home waiting for dinner/going out to eat dinner

Hoping to please you, without Sex activities;
    You as a female are STUCK UP/TIGHT ASS/NON-Providing
    Or even compassionate too your significant other
    so why should you judge someone if you can’t
    even DO WHAT YOU WANT TO JUDGE OR PREACH about.

THE END.

I DUMP WOMEN WHO DON’T HAVE HOBBIES.
    So if your not playing Games, then what are you doing at home then watching TV/COOKING/PHONE/INTERNET/SEWING/CRAFTING/SWIMMING/EXERCISING/But DANCING @ Home alone that is the stupidest thing ever at least put yourself on youtube so we all can laugh at you.

• Anonymous says:

And all these from a smelly cunt who spend all they time & money on useless beauty products, smelly underwear, ridiculous shoes, clubbing, alcohol, and having they Aids infected cunts fuck by random drunk Dick heads.
    i love to play games & animes thats my hobby. and if i need to give them up for some smelly Cunt who can’t give up they re own bloody smelly hobby! these bitches can forget about it!
    stereotype assholes! what are these bitches thinking! they think they re cuntsis make out of Gold!?
    HA!
    I being playing gamers & watching anime all my life.
    have a great family, wonderful job and my very own house.
    There are alot of people who love gameing & anime.
    They live they life to the fullest and we enjoy & love our hobby!
    we are not those retarded Otaku from they fucking country! These retarded Otaku are the black sheep of all gamers & anime lovers!
    these assholes from society should wake up and clean they re Fucking eye sockets already!

• Anonymous says:

These skank-ass hoes think the world revolves around their stupid pussies. Fucking imbeciles, dictating who’s “worthy” based on some of the stupidest convictions and prejudices I’ve ever heard. Games are fun, and thus I’ll playing them. I watch plenty of movies and listen to music too, so don’t act like you have a justification for any of your putrid ignorance. Good luck finding your perfect man (shallow, like yourselves). Oh wait, you hardly ever do any of the pursuiting; you lazy sluts just wait for the man to make the moves. You want it all to come to you. Fuck you.

• Anonymous says:

Oh lawl. If a girl can’t even accept my gaming and figure collection hobby – why the hell do I need such a girl?
    And lol, these two aren’t my worst hobbies, because I like messing with technical devices all the time and my room is always a mess because of parts, screwdrivers and such thing lying around. But up to this point of time I haven’t even SAW a girl that would be worth considering cleaning in there.
    OHOHOHOHO!

• If she can’t accept you for who you are then she’s not worth your time. Don’t change yourself to something you’re not to find a woman because she won’t be the woman for you and you will be miserable. Above all, avoid women who take advice from stupid dating articles…

• Anonymous says:

fuck bitches, I play games all day long ’cause no bitch want to go out with me( just be cause I don’t have the goddamn look and I’m not really good with conversation) . The more I play , the smaller the chance I can get laid… fml and fuck bithces too !!!

• Anonymous says:

WTF? Just because you like to game doesn’t mean you’re not interested in other aspects of culture. I can’t read the rest of this list if it’s as retarded as the first item.

• A lot of comments, so probably nobody will read this one. Well, nobody who is sane, at any rate. 😛

Anyhow, moving on:

“It doesn’t matter how handsome he is, if a man spends all day gaming, he’ll refuse to go on dates and won’t have an interest in such cultural pursuits as going to watch a movie or listen to music, or even engage in conversation, so a relationship won’t last.”

My first thought was why would “he refuse to go on dates and/or won’t have an interest in cultural pursuits?” That is simply odd. Unless we’re talking about a gaming only type – the maniac who spends 24/7 playing WoW or something. But if we’re talking about a normal gamer, there should be no issue with that.

Hell, I know somebody who I can only define as an otaku (no matter how much he might disagree), and he managed to get a girlfriend, and is managing it just fine. Sure, he’s a bit too invested in his games at times, but it’s clear where his priorities lie, and that’s with her.

The second thought which arose was “couldn’t he be gaming all day because he HASN’T got a girlfriend?” 😉

Either way, my opinion is simple. You either get somebody who is compatible with you, or you don’t. Or you change who you are, but I wouldn’t do that unless I wanted to and it was for the best (for instance, working out instead of being lazy all the time so that I don’t die the moment I run for half a minute). I sure as hell wouldn’t drop my gaming hobby entirely just to woo a girl. It’s a part of who I am.

Secondary note: I can kind of understand why people might feel uncomfortable dating a guy who plays dating sims. Then again, that’s more a pointer towards a certain lack of self-confidence on the girl’s side rather than disloyalty on the boy’s side. Most otaku appear to be the loyal type.

It might help that most don’t really manage to get a girlfriend, so when they fall in love and get invested into the relation, they don’t want it to fail and don’t look at other girls too much (well, not for a love/sexual relationship).

On yet another sidenote, I know at least one couple which is surprisingly open towards each otherabout playing VNs. I think the girl was also making her boyfriend play a BL game once. \o/

• Anonymous says:

“He’s the kind of guy who spends his time filling comment forms and forum threads with insults about some product or maker he doesn’t like, and even phones the company and files complaints with them. Even if he tries to keep it secret, he’ll soon find himself with no friends left.”

I HATE THOSE KIND OF LOSERS TOO! THEY…OH WAIT!…

• Anonymous says:

I date girls and have sex on a weekly basis with different partners and I game, have a collection of Super Mario figures and love idol bands. However it’s not an obsession and I maintain my appearance and look good. I spent 30 minutes to 1 hour every morning just dressing and making sure I look good. Talking to a girl in her native language also helps because it shows you are interested in more than just “otaku interests”

• Number 1# is dead set me but I would watch movies with her, do music, or talk as long as there’s a controller in my hand also I love Horror…thought I’d put that out

As for the going out to dates ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh zzz

• My bf is a gamer and ther’es nothing wrong with that. He also has a HUGE figure collection but I love that, I love his figures, and I’m actually competing with him to see if I can get more.
    People who think people are worthless for their hobbies are worthless themselves.

But, if my bf did NOTHING but play games,(I’m talking 24/7, only pausing to go to the bathroom/eat, if even that) that would be a problem. That would be a problem whether it was a game or a book or TV or compulsive exercise or anything.

The Sancom brain:

1. Read about what women don’t like.
    2. Complain about what women don’t like.
    3. Keep doing what women don’t like.
    4. Don’t get any women.
    5. Whine that women don’t like you.

• Anonymous says:

“going to watch a movie or listen to music” -> cultural persuits
    lol’d my ass off.

Also, if he has a girlfriend and frequently visits brothels, something is almost surelly wrong with the girl as well.

• i take it a lot of people aren’t taking into consideration that this study used Japanese girls who abide by Japanese norms.

As in, a lot of people are acting like these studies apply to the women of their country / or women they’re usually around and are likely to engage in relationships with.

As in, a lot of people are acting like they’ll be around or date Japanese women.

?

“He’s a solitary claimer [complainer]

…There are people who actually do this?

• Anonymous says:

Kind of retarded. Some guys play games, like idols etc because they don’t have a girlfriend and they need something else to do. Plenty of them would prefer to have a girlfriend…

• Anonymous says:

“He makes or buys dolls with emphasised boobage, etc, then lines his room with – there’s no way you can be anything but creeped out by this. You really can’t help but label him a pervert.”

better off being labeled a pervert, than going out with
    3DPD.

2d girls is all I/we need.

• Anonymous says:

Japanese girls are so different, I mean what kind of girl doesn’t like geeky hobbies? Japan is so messed up, thank god I live in the US where all the hot young blondes are digging my K-ON collection.

• Anonymous says:

>if a man spends all day gaming, he’ll refuse to go on dates and won’t have an interest in such cultural pursuits as going to watch a movie or listen to music
    I dated someone like this, it was horrible.

• Anonymous says:

Okay I can see a few of these things, but really now, if you ARE by yourself, as in not many friends and stuff or even any into the stuff you like, then just what the hell are you to do?

• Anonymous says:

Missreaded the title as how ever to get girls.

Thought sancom was trollin’ with us and decided to read the blog..Then my head exploded and asked myself: HOW COME I AM SINGLE? And then considered reading the comments and finds myself back again, at a lonely night.

-Sincerely

Otaku @Night.

• Anonymous says:

“…won’t have an interest in such cultural pursuits as going to watch a movie or listen to music”

Wait, because women have cultural pursuits ? Since when Facebook 10H/24H 7/7 is cultural ?

• The gaming one is definitely a problem, I mean it’s fine if you game but if you do that more than spend time with your girl, it tells her that gaming is more important.

The others are kinda lame, except the last one. No one likes a complainer.

I find this hilarious.

My boyfriend is an all-day gamer, we watch anime together and personally, I don’t see anything wrong with his gaming habit. Then again, he knows when to put down the controller when we do go out.

• I can´t believe they put “he plays games all the time” and “he goes to brothels” in the same category…

I’m really attracted to japanese women and want to date one, but if they all are this prejudiced…

• Anonymous says:

” It’ll probably be hard for [the gamer] to date a highly feminine woman.”

So date a less-feminine geek girl. Learn quickly that these high-maintenance b*tches just aren’t for you..

• Women want a man whose hobbie is them.

They want you to play the dating sim of dating them.
    They want you to desire only sex with them
    They want YOU to be their idol chaser who cheers them at karaoke.
    They want no trophies of other women cause they want you to only remember them.
    They want you to make sculptures and drawings of THEM not anime girls.
    They want you to listen to their complaints and fight for them.

• Anonymous says:

“They want you to desire only sex with them
      (…)
      They want no trophies of other women cause they want you to only remember them.”

And what’s wrong with these two?

Would you really feel comfortable with someone after you found his/her stash of ‘trophies’ from his/her past adventures? I sure as fuck wouldn’t.

• there is a difference between desiring sex with only you, and getting sex with only you.

if a guy is only attrated to one woman… i have to say there is something wrong with them.

and as for a trophy collection…

panties or a notch on a bed post/ belt is the way i would go.

being weirded out that he has something of theirs… thats a bit… hypocritical… wouldn’t you say.

• most women i know look at it from the realistic view point of they aren’t fucking another woman, who cares if they fap to one.

being jealous over previous girlfriends, that they think of someone hotter than you… that kind of retarded.

women have to know their is someone who looks better out there and if they dont… well… there is something wrong with that woman.

• Anonymous says:

No, you forget that its from oman viewpoint.

Atracted to only one woman is the girls Ideal of perfect man

and from a guy to guy, the ideal of a guy is to have sex with many woman as possible

• Anonymous says:

Staying home alone and playing single player RPGs is the epitome of my hardcore experience. It’s the same as renting a video of some indie movie that only you and a handful of people in the world will watch.

This list is a direct attack at the hardcore media — media you consume by yourself.

Of course there’s nothing wrong with watching the latest summer blockbuster movie together, listening to pop songs together, or even playing the Wii together — these are mainstream social activities where the enjoyment is in spending time with someone… the actual content does not matter at all.

The problem with that approach is that creativity is stifled since there’s no audience for the niche innovative market.

• Anonymous says:

The gaming part is at least a little logical, if the dudes addicted to games chances are he won’t want to go on dates. Though I would say a brunt of gamers, japanese or not have priorities when it comes to being a parent.

Idol nuts can be rather creepy, fanboism has his limits. Though I cant really see anything wrong with decking out for a concert, its part of the enjoyment in ya know spending money on a show.

The part with dolls is purely idiocy. Models, Figures ect ect are just toys and part of a hobby. Its a different story if you catch him fapping on one.

• to be honest, “if a man spends all day gaming, he’ll refuse to go on dates and won’t have an interest in such cultural pursuits as going to watch a movie or listen to music, or even engage in conversation, so a relationship won’t last.” is a far cry from the normal interest in gaming most of us here share.

moderation in all things, after all.

• Anonymous says:

Actar, what you wrote was nice ’till “If you have too much money, why not blow it on a car or a computer or a figure or something instead of buying a new handbag for your partner?”.

1st, there are many women who can buy a new handbag for themselves;

2nd, if you consider partners as only someone you buy stuffs to get sex back, then you’re not getting a real partner/gf, just a whore, and that’s just your choice. It’s your choice to choose whores as partners, or women who has more self respect and prefers partners who values them as equal individuals rather.

By the way, there are many people just interested in sex and many people just interested in money, there are many bad people in both sexes. But the good ones in life exists, it’s just like all the good things in life it’s rare, yet it doesn’t mean it’s impossible. But it’s up to each of us to choose to be with a partner who exchanges sex for presents or someone who’s actually an equal partner.

• Anonymous says:

The way i look at it is that there is consequences for being alone or being a virgin for the rest of your life, but now come on people, how about thinking outside the box? o:
          If your someone who is sure that they have no chance of losing virginity or being in a relationship then try finding a goal or something else that you’ll enjoy regardless of what others think.
          Like inventing or being a scientist for whatever domain or trying something new that humanity itself would have never thought of.
          You got all this time to think about it and attempt it even if its gonna be a fail or a success.
          Keep enjoying your hobbies, wether it’s in secret or in public. 😀
          ”inb4 massively trolled comment”

• Diemeow23 says:

I won’t lie I’m not too handsome but not ugly either, what does happen is that girls always find it surprising the hobby that I do(anime/manga)If it turns them away then they are not worth my time.I’m not gonna sacrifice what I love for someone who can’t accept me for what I am. I’m a classic weaboo -_-

The only reason I still don’t have a girlfriend is that I would not be able to spend as much time on my hobby, that’s all

Nothing in the world says that only the ugly ones go for anime/manga/games and yes figures (who do you think cosplayers are?). If you still don’t believe me watch Genshiken if you still don’t believe that then my friend poor you, there is a balance between keeping a good image and your won interests. As long as your hobby/interests don’t affect anyone negatively then there is nothing wrong with it

Haters are just gonna keep hating!

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is only through society’s mental molding from an early age with Barbies do you form a preconception that prestige/success/status = cute/beautiful girlfriend.

I say NO! What’s wrong with having an ugly girlfriend? What’s wrong with having no girlfriend? What’s wrong with remaining a virgin for life? What’s wrong with being your own person and deciding your own destiny?

Absolutely nothing I say! You don’t die, you don’t fall sick, you don’t get bankrupt. You triumph! You grow! You evolve!

Though seriously, there’s nothing wrong with it. I mean, sexual desires can be easily sated through masturbation and brothels. If you have too much money, why not blow it on a car or a computer or a figure or something instead of buying a new handbag for your partner?

It’s the Man! He’s brainwashed us to feeling insecure if we don’t procreate, if we don’t conform to his will! DOWN WITH THE MAN!!!

*Disclaimer: The above was 10% fact, 10% opinion, 30% exaggeration and 50% bullshit.

• Anonymous says:

Here is the secret guys, get the girl to know you before you share your dirty laundry. Women will forgive a lot of things if you get them to like you first.

• Anonymous says:

“I would rather choose my hobby over someone who won’t be able to accept me, if she can’t accept me for me then they aren’t worth MY time,”

But if you’re just gaming all the day then are you actually spending any of your time with someone else?

I guess that this: “But if your room is covered in dolls and you just play games all day then you need psychological help and any girl is smart to realize that she can get a guy who will actually be worth her time.”

…actually meant that if someone doesn’t actually care about spending time with you at all but only with the games, then this person isn’t really worth of anyone’s time anyways.

If you want someone to care and accept you by who you are, then first please think if it is really reasonable at all, and if in return you also care and accept the other person the way he/she is at all.

• Anonymous says:

I would rather choose my hobby over someone who won’t be able to accept me, if she can’t accept me for me then they aren’t worth MY time, and people can try and fool you to think you have to change yourself in order for others to accept you but it takes a real connection to be accepted regardless of your status/likes/beliefs.

‘Its sad when people are telling themselves its okay to be a virgin… No one with half a brain believes you are serious and not just trying to cover up your own insecurities.’

Why does society, feel the need to push there values on you. My god people like you act as if, losing your virgenity is a big thing

• Anonymous says:

Good God,no wonder the Japanese birth rates are so low. Not counting the suicides,women in Japan seem rather high strung and have way too much of a great opinion out of themselves. With people like these women,Ishihara,and the relics of WWII,Japan is destined to collapse in on itself. That is,if things like this were to continue.

• Someone seems mad that Japanese women, in particular, aren’t exactly attracted to the personalities who frequent and post on this site.

They’re not high strung. They’re not interested in pedo/hebephiles who’d openly post sexually explicit comments towards 13 yo Japanese girls, is more so the case for example.

• Anonymous says:

thats completely different from refusing to date someone just because they play video games. judging someone based on their hobby’s is idiotic, I know a black rap loving, football playing jock, who secretly reads shoujou manga when not at school, and collects idol cds and picture collections.

what they are is ignorant cuntts. not all people who play video games allot, or do many of the things listed above match your stereotyping.

• Yeah, you generalized quite a bit. Someone who plays games 24/7 really is in a state of escaping reality. I’m torn on the people who play a game endlessly until they beat it, those people will have some short-term troubles a lot. Gaming is fine as long as communication is involved. It’s the magic of the pause button. If a woman can understand the fact that you’re in the midst of a boss battle or something and can talk in five minutes, she’s wonderful ^^ It’s if she wants immediate attention and nothing else is sufficient that you kinda need to explain a few things and help her understand.

Of course the ideal is a gamer girl who enjoys having some fun outside of various other things. Movies and hikes and such are fun, but there’s nothing like gaming. I can’t think of anything else where you can simultaneously relax and do something at the same time.

• Anonymous says:

You need better reading prowess it seems. It specifically staes that if the guy plays games all the time. It doesn’t say anything about “ALL GAMERS PLAY 24/7”. Who’s the ignorant cunt now?

• Anonymous says:

That’s the sad thing, Japanese women are obviously some of the most beautiful on earth. Just coming to this site should make anyone previously realize this(there’s what, over 20,000 women posted already that any man in their right mind would die for).

And Japanese women [i]know[/i] this. And they take it to their advantage by having super high standards.

If this planet were utopia, Japanese women wouldn’t [i]realize[/i] they’re pretty much the most beautiful women on the planet. But they do, oh lord do they.

• Anonymous says:

As a gamer, I’m offended. Being put in a similar wagon as the people who visits Brothel… Who are they to say that every fucking gamers out there will prefer gaming than go on a goddamn date!? I’m pretty sure I would choose the date 99% of the time over gaming. (Of course, if it’s to see a romance movie, it falls in the 1% no-go) I know some people would choose gaming, especially if they are playing games like WoW and are in the middle of an Instance, but they are a minority.

• You know, all the above activities are precisely BECAUSE the guy can’t attract girls in the first place.

Hell, I always believe that a good partner must accept everything about you, the good and the bad. You always hear stories in the collecting community that go like this:

“My girlfriend/wife asked me to throw out my Transformers/Anime/Figure collection.”

Seriously, if she can’t even put up with your collection/hobby/interest, that’s a big red flag that your relationship won’t last long.

Also:

“He makes or buys dolls with emphasised boobage…”

All my dolls are DFCs thank you very much.

• Anonymous says:

It depends. If the hobby is not being unhealthy (buying lots of figures while you barely have money for living), then it’s just a matter of compatibility. But if it’s becoming an obsession, then it’s just unrealistic to expect someone else to accept it unconditionally.

• Anonymous says:

Well… DFC dolls would mean you’re a pedo to those ‘unaccommodating’ and ‘picky’ girls, that’s even worse…

I’d wager the problem with ’emphasized boobage’ is that most Japanese girls just can’t rival with a piece of plastic, if you know what I mean, most of them are pretty flat (though perfectly fine by my standards) and it wouldn’t surprise me if some people actually preferred to fondle hard PVC instead of soft A-cups.

• “Whatever the case, why are (so many) girls so picky, shallow and unaccommodating?”

I could ask the same question about nerds.

What’s wrong with a girl wanting her partner to have normal hobbies and actually take care of himself?

Also, your partner complaining about your collection isn’t a red flag. It’s a test to see if you’re competent enough to convince her that it’s not a threat to your relationship.

• The answer to your question is that there is nothing wrong.

The problem comes in when people and society dictate the ‘norms’ and ‘expectations’ and force nerds and girls alike to conform to societal norms and expectations.

• Anonymous says:

“What’s wrong with a girl wanting her partner to have normal hobbies and actually take care of HER?”

There, fixed.

More to the point, love and relationship in general is all about boosting your ego by receiving special attention from your significant other.
        Some people(usually girls/women) feel more need for that ego boost than others and thus have low tolerance for anything their significant other might do that isn’t directly related to her.
        There’s nothing like test or whatever, it’s pure attention craving *look at me, not at those figures*

Now while i do agree no one should get obsessed over his games/collection/whatever, it’s similarly bad for someone to get obsessed over his significant other hobbies.

Oh, and yes, japanese womens do tend to have really high standards on top of being really careful about how society might perceive them, thus, dating someone doing something that is shuned upon by society is a no go.
        Hell, if fishing was categorized as a brainless activity, it’d be in the top 10 hobbies you don’t want your boyfriend to have.

• Isn’t gaming a normal hobby?

This articles are generalizing the concept of an unhealthy hobby (“He stays home alone and plays games”), of course it’s deliberately sensationalist; it’s not like the vast majority of us play videogames/spend time with collectible figures all day long. Of course some are addicted, but they seem harder to find a girlfriend in first place.
        It seems that when a girl becomes your GF she wants to change you right away and that’s just wrong, because if she wants to be your GF it should be because who you are (hobbies included). If she wants to change you, that’s the red flag right there.

• Anonymous says:

“Whats wrong with a girl wanting her partner to have normal hobbies”

Lolwut? What do you mean normal? I guess I have to stop playing games and watch football all day while screaming GO JETS or something to be normal.

Retard.

• Anonymous says:

> Does your chances of scoring an attractive girlfriend decrease the more hours you play games? Absolutely.

it’s not like it really matters, since most ppl here are happy with their 2d waifus…

• “what if society tells you to jump off a bridge? will you?”

Really? Obviously I’m not going to jump. That’s an extreme, vague, and unlikely situation. If you had thought constructively you could take any social movement or something from popular culture.

Normal is ‘average’ within society. Unfortunately anime fans and gamers are not normal.

Does the person who sits next to me in class play video games? Probably. For more than 3 hours a day? Probably not. Does your chances of scoring an attractive girlfriend decrease the more hours you play games? Absolutely.

• Anonymous says:

>> Society defines what is normal. You can violate what is normal and get positive or negative feedback.

lol, so you’re gonna lay down and accept every darn thing society dictates? what if society tells you to jump off a bridge? will you?
          c’mon…

• Let’s bring it into the picture because you CAN define what is normal. Hell you said it yourself that:

“when people and society dictate the ‘norms’ and ‘expectations’ and force nerds and girls alike to conform to societal norms and expectations.”

• No, no, no. I think pumping iron 23 hours a day, taking steroids and earning billions is in the realms of general societal acceptance.

Though seriously, it is nearly impossible to define what is ‘normal’. So let’s not bring that into the picture.

…man, I am sarcastic today.

• Anonymous says:

Well… I have no friends since I graduated from high school and from my point of view, most points in this list are absolutely correct.

No girl would like to hang out with a boring gamer who goes to brothels by himself, complains about meaningless bullshit, collects figures and salivates over idols. In fact, I don’t think anyone would, unless that other person was of the same kind.

The saddest part of it is that this list doesn’t describe me at all.

• I think being a hikkikomori and a shut-in is not always exclusive towards gamer behavior or vice versa.

The issue is legitimate. If you’re highly addicted to games and NEVER socialize, you will likely not get a partner (same goes for both genders, not just guys).

I think that’s what people don’t really quite understand.

It doesn’t matter if people have their hobbies, games or not. If people are in a relationship that is genuine and fun, conversations will happen. If people don’t after being branded proper as ‘significant other’, THEN something is seriously wrong with them socially.

• Anonymous says:

Having hobbies of our own, our own time alone, playing games for hours or collecting figures isn’t really a big deal at all. The real problem is when someone is too obsessed about it. If you don’t care about spending at least some time with someone, would that be called a relationship anyways? It’s not about putting rather high values on anyone, but having some self respect. I’d rather have someone that at least cares about my existence.

• True, but this list makes it sound as if anyone who spends their off time playing games is a basement dweller. (although looking at the source page, a Hiki gamer is a different story altogether, but the description doesn’t make that distinction) I’ve always played games in my solo time, but spending time with other people always takes precedence over that, especially a significant other. Sometimes I do want some “me” time, but that’s the same with anyone.

That said, someone who couldn’t accept my main hobby/passtime is a no-go as a girlfriend/wife–the tension caused by that would blow up sooner or later, no matter how patient we both are about it.

• Anonymous says:

Sometimes, I can’t understand what’s the big deal about this kind of topics. If someone’s hobbies are too obsessed to the point that they affect his/her life and relationships (like buying too much figures while you don’t really have much money for living, or playing games all the time to the point that you ignore your partner’s, family and friends’ existence), then of course we can’t expect someone else to put up with this person. If someone’s hobbies are healthy, then if his/her partner accepts them or not is just a matter of compatibility, and there’s no need to stress over it (some find fishing a nice hobby, some finds it boring/turn off, some like geeky ones, some don’t). And this go for any hobby of both sexes.

• Anonymous says:

I’m a highly effeminate woman who has a few figures and is an avid gamer. It’s more fun to game with your boyfriend and share interests, so I look for a gamer in my boyfriend 😀

• Kind of silly… “if a man spends all day gaming, he’ll refuse to go on dates” I’m sure there are some, but in reality any guy that doesn’t go on the occasional date will get dropped… oh the lulz this article is.

• So here’s the truth, if you want to find your cock inside the average woman, you put the usual activities on hold, focus on the woman, and wait till after the wedding to enjoy your hobbies

What’s so odd about that, it’s not like the girl will be doing any different eh. Just in the own fashion.

• He stays home alone and plays games: i play games almost 60 hours a week. you want me to stop playing a game, i can do that, just give me something interesting to do… NO im not going to a mall to window shop where you try to extort money out of me, NO im not going to a fancy restraunt, or expensive trip… their are better uses of money that wasting it on a 1-2 day trip or a meal that tastes like crap but somehow costs hundreds.

He goes to brothels by himself: there are legal hookers in america, forget the state… nevada? and it costs less to get it from them than spending a crap ton at a bar or a club to have a chance of getting a girl who may be diseased (lets face it, you hook up after 1-2 hours… you dont have a good reputation for keeping the legs closed, at least the hookers get regular checks)

He chases after idols by himself: so he gets excited at a concert? is that a bad thing? why are you going with him to begin with? this is an idol for men.

He plays with dolls by himself: i would honestly love to do this. if he is makeing the dolls from scratch, and they turn out nice (pervertedness aside), that is an awesome and marketable talent.

He’s a solitary claimer [complainer]: the only way you get change is to complain about what makes you not like something. hell.. i do it allot to. and some times, i get the change that makes me like a product better. if you dont want him to complain about something that needs to be complained about, snip his balls off, buy a strap on, and have him bend over, because that is the kind of person you are asking for.

Summarized:

Japanese Girls don’t wonna date anyone with passion. If someone loves dolls, games or other thinks so much that it become an important part in life the Japanese Girls don’t wonna date him anymore.

Japanese Girls seems to wonna have a man without any passion at all. Zombies who just love the normal stuff every brainless idiot likes. Who cares anyway about stuff like clothes or food. Who cares about the so importanten celebrities. I couldn’t care less.

If I wonna small talk I’d buy a furby. As long as there is nothing of importance to say it is better so say nothing at all. And why should I bother going outside doing useless stuff? If there would be any good movies, I’d go outside watching this movie. But I won’t go watching a movie only ’cause my girlsfriend says so or ’cause it’s a date or any other useless stuff. If I would like to watch this crapy movie then I would do so and go with them even in case I had a PSP and the new BRS-Game. I may go with my PSP in the cine but god gave us human 2 ears, 2 eyes and split out brain into half. God did it so we could watch a crappy movie we’d like to watch while playing on an PSP some even more crappy games we’d like to play.

• It’s their own fault, these “Liberated”/”Empowered” women.

They wanted to be SO “Special”, “Precious individual snowflakes” and it felt SO good to bash men as “Sexist Brutes” even though men were raised to be more effeminate and kind and gentile. Likewise, men would rather go to a whore or whack off to “Loli Pirate PVC figures” than touch them.

Really, a man who has a spotless place and NO toys/games, etc. That’s either “Gaydar” or “Misogynist Gigilo”. The Gay will be flattered but likely committed to the Sin of Sodom and at best a fling or two. The Gigilo will take them for all they are worth, liking that they inflicted at least emotional pain on them.

What they should do is politely introduce themselves and start cleaning, cooking, etc. (do they KNOW how to do that?) A man is best when he has something to struggle for, someone to provide for. Some are so far gone they’ve given up, but most aren’t. Then they should after a few weeks on and off visits cleaning/cooking, let the man bed them. After that he starts buying things for them, not just gifts/toys but paying their bills, helping them out and they can have a relationship.

Do NOT block his toys/Anime…
    Just be cool at it as long as it’s not “Guro Loli” and he’s drooling at you holding a knife or anything else ridiculously extreme. When the man bonds, and there’s no real pressure, he’ll place less priority on the “Loli PVC pirate figure” and more on “Well, Yuuki would like it if I…” Eventually, though yes he’ll have a toy or game now and again, most will gather dust on the shelves or be tucked away in boxes/sold off.