“9 Reasons to Date an Otaku Girl”

makishima-saori-by-midori-kouichi.jpg

Men fortunate enough to have dating experience with female otaku supply some of the reasons they believe such women well worth courting.

The reasons:

1. Your prejudices about otaku will disappear

2. You can openly sing anime songs at karaoke

3. They are likely to fall for 2D characters so you can relax

4. They’ll tell you about interesting titles you might have missed

5. They’ll even share in your hobbies

6. If you’re both otaku you can really get into conversations

7. You can go on dates to otaku spots

8. You can really get a good game going in 2 player mode

9. You can see what they look like cosplaying

It is easy to see why the last item might prove problematic with any but an understanding little cosplay maniac…

04:11 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I met my boyfriend on an anime online forum, met him in the flesh at a con with a bunch of people from the forum and we have been happy together for 5 and a half yrs and counting ^^ and i think i have more figures of cute girls than he has lol so as u can see it is possible to find an otaku girl/boy and be more than happy together.
    I agree with those who say fat/ugly girls/boys shouldnt cosplay slim characters which is most characters.
    If i was fat i wouldnt dream of trying to squeeze myself into some of the outfits ive seen >.<

12:43 03/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

i met my boyfriend in college, but we'd found out soon after that that we'd actually seen each other at cons before. two months into the academic year we started going out with each other :) i have more anime stuff than him and i cosplay regularly but he watches and read a ton more than i do. we'll be cosplaying together at the end of the year, and it'll be our second anniv in a few weeks ^^

i wouldn't dream of dating a non-anime fan or otaku. it's always been what i look for in guys.

07:03 17/02/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

i was can be considered ikemen, and i date a college bitch HBIC. after few months of casual sex, i kinda notice she likes BL. few months afterwards i came out and tell her i was an otaku and a cosplayer, she said she already knew from asking around between my friend, and this cool chick i intend as a fling only turns out to be a fujoshi too, she even beg me to crossdress. now, we are fiancee. She's a PR Consultant, i am a lawyer, we live together

love is about meeting YOUR KIND of crazies :D

Comment by yuriphoria
    Comment by Shima-kun989
    17:45 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

a miracle! someone who ACTUALLY understands public decency. you can still do whatever you please in private, though.

03:51 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Dating an Otaku girl is pretty much most/all Otaku's fantasy. But as Konata said in episode 20:

"You see on bulletin boards often that male otaku want to date female otaku that share similar tastes and hobbies, but you never hear from female otaku that want to date male otaku at all."

Comment by Actar
    03:53 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

...and I didn't notice I wasn't logged in.

08:54 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Konata is truly a sage... She knows what's in the mind and truth of every otaku.

Comment by Shima-kun989
    17:13 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

makes you wonder what the 9 reasons to date a male otaku would be? i myself am not going to even attempt that list

07:08 17/02/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

most want a hunk who is into a trap maybe? (hence no hetero opportunities) ;)

Comment by Mato Kuroi
    13:43 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I personally would totally date an otaku guy. Mostly because my obsession with cute girls would freak a lot of normal dudes out.
    And also, it's nice to be able to go on dates to places like conventions.

19:51 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Marry me! :D

12:13 31/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

As a female Otaku, it think it'd be hard to have a lasting relationship with someone who doesn't share or at least understand my interests.

21:12 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Too true. We prefer dating other girl otakus, after all. Sorry, guys! Much love, but another girl's just more squishy and huggly than you.

06:56 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

That's applicable anywhere. Pretty much every post on craigslist is m4w or m4m. I guess most females are well aware how fucked up you have to be to seek a mate through a bulletin board online, and tend to avoid that route as it usually ends in fucked up results. :3

Comment by Oyashiro-Chama
    16:52 02/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

it's more of the fact females don't have to, males will find them or they will just fuck something for the lulz

06:43 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

thats because the male otaku that gets everyone's attention are fat, ugly, psychotic, disgusting, fucked up otaku that force them to group all of the awesome male otakus with those dipshits.

Comment by Electromistress
    07:31 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I know one otaku girl...
    She's my cousin.

Wincest tiem?

08:53 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Certain countries in Asia allow cousins marriage fyi..

Comment by Oyashiro-Chama
    16:51 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

and southern amurika YEEEAAAHHH!, genetically 2-3rd cousins is far enough away to not have issues as long as you don't do it over repeated times (think 4 generations or more)

Epic Winning!

people: Booooo!

>_< what has that been over played or something?

12:56 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Certain states in the US allow cousins to marry, about half I think.

07:06 17/02/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

it is legal in russia and most continental law states. win or not depends on YOU! all of us hope you have negotiator god with you ;)

Comment by Gogetters
    01:40 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Reminds me of Genshiken.

Comment by Shippoyasha
    16:51 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes it is. It's like all the cliche delusions of Genshiken on a single list!

Comment by Mr. Gone
    03:26 31/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

incorrect

Comment by Fred
    01:42 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+0.9)

I've got plenty of reasons to date an Otaku girl.
    What I need are nine ways to find one! >_<

Comment by LDC
    02:16 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I think that the most difficult thing is to find one who isn't ugly.

02:46 02/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

and even if you found one, its not guarantee you guys will become a couple T_________T

Comment by Etherstar
    02:22 02/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

I agree its very hard to find and most of the time they keep it a secret.

Comment by Mato Kuroi
    14:11 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey. I think she's pretty cute.
    Sorry not all of us are supermodels.

06:11 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

well, at least he have someone..

04:29 02/06/2011 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

Haha, I can see by your pic that you are telling the truth. If that's the best you can find for an otaku girl, I might as well go for normal girls.

Comment by Neko Musume Classic
    09:27 02/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

So true. So true.

05:12 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, cute otaku girls are harder to get than normal cute girls.

04:21 02/06/2011 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

Thats why god invented jumbo paper bags

Comment by kazaza2
    04:41 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

He also invented the light switch and eyelids.
    Used in any combination with a vivid imagination and you will be screwing Haruhi,Yuki or Mikuru. A mind is a terrible thing to waste!

01:49 02/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.9)

Right said fred.

02:05 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I see what you did there...

09:56 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

dude.. all the girls at the anime club look like they were beaten with the ugly stick as a kid, the 2 that don't have boyfriends.
    To make it worse all the guys there are just weird...
    So I never went back. Anime club is the LAST place you go unless you have a fever for fantards.

Comment by Vulcan
    15:59 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Strange... most the the girls in my anime club are pretty cute. Though the really good looking ones go to the other highschool. I find myself going there often to hang out with them. Some of them are fujoshi, they all cosplay and they are not insane in any way. Guess Vancouver's just awesome like that.

Comment by loliFapinator-kun
    03:48 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree, trying to bag an otaku girl ain't the easiest thing to do

04:06 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

It should be pretty easy, in theory.
    Otaku girls are just as desperate as otaku guys.
    They also have the same problems associated with otaku guys: personality disorders, unattractive, bad habits etc...
    Just go to an anime con and feign interest in whatever yaoi fangirls like now if you want to find an otaku girl, it's finding an attractive otaku girl who isn't insane that's the real challenge.

05:17 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I met my girl at my high school's anime club. She was one of the 6 people who weren't fucking crazy, the other 5 are my friends now too. (All of which are female as well, so now at cons I look like I own a harem, booyah!)

Comment by Saki
    02:20 02/06/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Go to cons!

02:41 02/06/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

How the hell do you suggest on getting someone from a con? I can't tell whether the girls are underage or not... and if I did, how am I supposed to 'move in'?

Not that I'd go to cons... too scared of people... better stay inside.

Comment by Mato Kuroi
    14:07 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Go to conventions! Not even to pick up girls but to work up social skills talking to people you can relate to. And also occasionally you may see godly cosplays.

Comment by Mato Kuroi
    15:45 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmmm. According to these guidelines all I must not be underaged. In fact, I must be practically ancient.
    Time to go find a nice retirement home, then.

17:31 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@14:07: Sorry old bean, but going to anime cons is hardly the best way to work on your social skills. Unless your idea of normal behavior is running around screaming old internet memes at the top of your lungs, that is. :

04:12 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

oh that's easy. if she seems self centered, shallow and devoid of original thought, she's under the age of 25 and should be only used to dump your seed in.

as for legal vs illegal, bitch showed me her id and it said 18. i don't night gig as a bouncer, not my fault if it was fake.

Comment by HouseLife
    03:45 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Anon 3:02

Fuck... that annihilates everyone at a con.

I just went to Phoenix Comic Con, oddly enough, it seems you'll find more women in their 20s and 30s at a comic con than you would at an anime con. Makes sense to a degree. Comics became popular sooner here. They continued to gain popularity in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, while anime became what it is thanks TO the 90s.

05:26 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

"I can't tell whether the girls are underage or not"

...Wouldn't that make it more interesting? *trollface*
    Also, there's no law that says you have to jump her bones immediately (the reverse also apply, of course). And should you both find yourself in such a position that you have too, as long as you both are fine with it, there should be no problem. Kids these days couldn't care less about age of consent last time I checked.
    That said, perhaps I'm just too naive.

Gawd, now I feel old and ronery.

Comment by kazaza2
    04:56 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Anon 04:12

If she's underage try using that excuse with the cops or in court and some guy named Tyrone will be dumping his seed in you. Ain't gonna fly in the real world.

03:02 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

If they're dumb shit, giggle too much, and want to jump your bones as soon as you talk to them indicates that they are underage.

better drink my own piss

05:01 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I need to lose like 50lbs so I can crossplay at cons to pick up otaku chicks.

03:03 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm not sure if I can believe and stay convinced on you with that creepy Tenshi face...

12:51 26/12/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I happen to know quite a few otaku girls who love anime and cosplay way more than I do, and they're all extremely cute and NOT chubby, LOL.

The problem is half of them are halfway across the world.

Comment by terax
    04:50 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Go to an anime-online site, enjoy the community. You can even find nice lolis that way, even the bisexual ones, watching tentecle hentai and fond of little girls. (Yes I know one like that :> )

Comment by Tagg
    03:48 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I think there isn't a way to say it better.

Comment by Mizushima 水島
    02:42 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

here here fred. since u thought of it now go find out for us lol

06:30 02/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

agree find one is the hard part

Well, I think I'm lucky then. A maniac of reborn, love to do cosplaying, and quite having a look of Matsui Jurina. Ha!