Madoka “Best Anime Ever”

madoka-finale-022.jpg

The final episode of Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica has belatedly aired, to universal acclaim – with some fans going so far as to call it the “best anime ever,” and the vast majority recognising it as “godly” in more ways than one.

madoka-finale-001.jpg
madoka-finale-022.jpg
madoka-finale-023.jpg
madoka-finale-024.jpg
madoka-finale-025.jpg
madoka-finale-026.jpg
madoka-finale-027.jpg

Rarely has an anime ended to such universal praise.

11:05 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I wonder how many are angry with the ending because they spent one month breaking their heads on theories of possible endings.

12:55 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

I was actually happy with the ending
    I was looking for entropy but I got something similar better

Comment by yaku
    14:58 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I know, I wanted the ending to be fucked up and horrible but this was an amazing way to end it. I haven't been this involved in a story and characters for a long time.

This might sound silly to some people but I cried like a little girl while watching the last episode. You can laugh if you want.

Comment by David
    22:01 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

The ending is like religion because Madoka become God. I am happy to see an amazing ending, but sad to see one of the best anime to end. (^v-/^v)

Comment by The REAL Lamberto
    15:36 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Damn, I cried too. I really don't know what to say about the ending. Fuck QB! Madoka and the Puella Magi girls will always be the best! Madoka may be gone but she'll always be in our hearts and her moments (mostly with Homura) will live forever!

10:54 23/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

It should be blatantly obvious the walpurgis night witch is none other than homura chan herself. Consider the following:

1) No matter how hard Homura chan tried, she was not able to defeat walpurgis night witch irrespective of her personal growth in power.

2) Walpurgis night witch was one-shotted by Madoka.

3) Walpurgis night witch has the same gear pattern as that of both Homura chan's room and her shield.

4) When Madoka changed rule of the universe, Homura chan's weapon/power changed.

I hope you've shait your brick earlier than this. Because having to explain it all makes isn't as awesome as figuring it out.

21:16 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Well,I felt happy, sad and disappointed overall. Happy that it is a great anime with superb characters and overall content, sad because of the ending that no one remembers her and disappointed because the concept is almost like Jesus. I don't want to be preachy and religious but the overall ending of both characters are almost the same. I do wish they come up with an alternative way though.

Oh well~

Comment by Kitsunemimi6
    10:38 23/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

That was 1 of the best anime I have watched & liked in a while & for the moment, it is the best anime I have ever watched, it was so well done that it was...

The ending had a concept that people should understand makes a very, VERY good concept for a story when polished properly...

I am a bit disappointed that she was forgotten by everyone but Homura, that Sayaka still dies because of Kyoko losing a very good friend as a result & lastly that I still don't know who Walpurgis was before it become a witch...

Other then that, everything else was good I mean come on, did you not feel great watching Homura talk to Madoka's mother where she learned something about her in just that conversation alone?...

00:52 25/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

i did the same thing :D

14:13 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

Same, but the way that ribbon was tied sure doesn't suit Homura chan...

Comment by yuriphoria
    16:12 23/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

Who the fuck cares? That ribbon must be worn. No exceptions.

16:23 24/04/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Yeah, I think it was just because they wanted the ribbon to match the way Madoka wore it for more symbolic purposes.

Comment by shiryu
    14:55 23/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

i agree, the ribbon don't really suit homura

I disagree. That ribbon made me harder than I've ever been.

14:51 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

well my prediction came some what true, ended bitter sweet with Madoka sacrificing herself for the others.

Comment by Darkrockslizer
    14:57 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

That was clear from the start however the way they made it, it could have been done so much better and could contain at least one plot twist for the hungry crowd.

16:26 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I'm talking about before the ending came out, not the assumption that it was clear because now we know what actually happens in the ending.

12:06 25/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Already knew the ending somewhat.

Gretchen dies then Ascends and Madoka dies then Ascends. Just that she needed to die and scarifice herself. When anime is dealing with time everything screws up.

The ending is Destruction-Resolution Solution to the Temporal Paradox which Homura has created thus Madoka doesn't exist.

I was edging on the Self Healing Hypothesis which was somewhat right, this means Madoka must die.

Take a look at the list of Temporal Paradoxes in Wiki.

Comment by Darkrockslizer
    22:50 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I know but with all the references to Faust it was more than obvious.

Already knew the ending somewhat.

Take a look at the list of Temporal Paradoxes in Wiki.

02:05 24/04/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Not me. It was obviously a mahou shoujo at heart, just throwing out retarded red herrings like abusing Faust, entropy, and time travel to piss off gullible idiots.

08:43 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

This weeks sacrifice: Madoka.

And apparently all famous females in history, where Magical girls. Who knew?

16:52 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

a bit misogynistic if you ask me... Oh Japan....

19:28 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

nahhhh
    kyubey is male and hes farming them like cattle

23:01 24/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Kubey (Cube) which is related to the black cube which is Saturn, what constellation is related to Saturn? Capricorn (goat).

Witchcraft originated back in Babylon before it was dispersed around the world. It is said that it was even originated back in Atlantis when there were the Nephilim were upon the earth, there are witchcraft elite families who claim to be from this line.

02:04 23/04/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

But Kyubey himself said that without magical girls, humans would still be living in caves. I'm a woman and it doesn't seem misogynistic at all to me. If anything, it's misandrist, lol.

22:15 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Oh, yeah, those who secretly shaped human history are women, but that's misogynist because they're magic. That's fucking retarded.

23:22 24/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Most of them who shapped history are men that are in secret societies and there you have their female brethen causing havok in order to destroy the family unit. Girl Scouts are ran by Feminist who want to brainwash them. These feminist are witches that love Theosophist Anne Beasant, Racist Margaret Sanger (lurk for her in a KKK picture), while worshiping mother earth and having lesbian intercourse, mother earth which is (venus, Babylon, Cybele(Black cube)) Lucifer.

Remember the end justify the means.

Comment by yuriphoria
    09:45 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

NOT READING NOT READING NOT READING

16:55 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

I'll send it to you via telepathy then. :3

Comment by John Hayabusa
    16:57 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Just accept Madoka's fate, yuriphoria. :P

23:04 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

The anime ended for me when her mother let her go out into that hellish weather.

09:29 24/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

it's you!

17:28 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

What happened?

Comment by Yuuyu
    18:57 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Someone set up us the bomb.

Comment by Sid_Cypher
    04:16 23/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Main screen turn on.

*SPOILERS, MOTHERFUCKER*

I dunno, man. I don't feel moved at all by the pseudo space-time concept and Madoka being a pseudo God. Her 'death' was just done in such a confusing way that it took all the emotions away from me.

I'm pretty sure that this anime's main character is actually Homura. Nice to see her packing a bow now, though her with guns was much cooler. I still wanna cave my fists into QB's face, seeing that he admitted that he'd have done it anyway if he can, even though he's supposed to be harmless now.

Comment by yuriphoria
    16:46 23/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Indeed, QB is a bastard.

After watching 11-12 I can read this thread at least.

That was a great anime, I accept her fate but really wished she had taken Homura-chan with her, she would have liked it better than being alone.

00:27 23/04/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Next season the Puella Magi will fight an evil god who stole their soul gems right before they die and prevent Kyubey powering the galaxy...

13:11 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

I cried like a baby, especially when the ending poem popped up. This is definitely one of the best animes in a long time.

13:14 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

That ending made me shed a few man tears
    Nonetheless it left me satisfied and refreshed

Comment by yaku
    15:00 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried during the last episode. I don't mind fitting into the stereotype of a woman crying over TV shows when it's a great one.

Comment by Chlose
    15:28 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Its ok, manry tears be manry. You are (not) alone. MADOKAAAAAAA~~~~

Comment by The REAL Lamberto
    15:32 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

TBH, I cried too. Damn that pussy cat Kyuubey. Madoka will always live in out hearts.

14:40 24/04/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

If you didn´t cry at Madoka... you jobs must be harvesting emotions of young girls.

Comment by yuriphoria
    16:41 23/04/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

If you didn't cry at Madoka, you have lost all of your humanity.

I cried too T_T

Comment by Shippoyasha
    15:11 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Definitely a solid 'last' episode.

But I wouldn't say it's the best ever or best in years. For what it is, which is a spin of the magical girl genre, it definitely is one of the best in that aspect though.

Comment by yuriphoria
    16:43 23/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Agree, one of the best mahou shoujo's ever.
    Disagree definitively within the top 100 best stories ever told by the medium of animation.

Comment by PhillB
    08:19 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

So, did it deliver a happy ending? Hope not.

So it seems.

Wonder how a second season would follow (prequel, sequel, alternative), but given the facts, it would be better to remain as a standalone season. Just my opinion.

Waiting for soundtrack, too.

09:14 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Damn I was hoping for a happy ending.

14:50 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

evreyone is happy, that's an happy ending.
    It could have been worse, much worse...

03:55 26/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

though it makes the spinoff-manga kazumi magica kinda more interesting for a "happy ending", if it plays after madoka, then at least they wont become witches

14:44 24/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Happy ending? If you´re not Madoka, or Sayaka, or Kyouko or Homura. Or anyone killed by demons. Or a Mahou Shoujo. Yeah, being a Mahou Shoujo is better than before... but still isnt a desirable job.
    Bittersweet ending fits better.

Comment by Holy One
    00:06 28/05/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

We all were happy with the ending, weren't we? Lol.

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    12:08 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

Okay UroG, you win.
    Now go and make that 2nd season slice-of-life NAO

Comment by AzureXuchilbara
    10:13 22/04/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

The ending made me cry, and that's all I will say to this bitter-sweet anime and it's ending...

Acceptance is a b*tch, and letting go of the person you love is equally hard...

*goes off to fap away his sadness at a ton of Madoka futa pics he hoarded from Pixiv*

Comment by Tenno Seremel
    00:10 23/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

>letting go of the person you love
    >mahou shoujo
    >best ever

Error: division by zero. You can't do it in mahou shoujo and remain the best.

thats the most disturbing thing ive read on sankaku

23:35 22/04/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Hi, you must be new here!

Comment by Jozle
    09:18 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Second season more than likely to be a down to earth everyday school anime. Thats what the creator or whomever wanted.

Comment by yuriphoria
    18:19 23/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

You know, I'm going to say something crazy here but. I do want to see more of Madoka and the girls.

I know, I know. It won't be the same. But you know? It doesn't have to.

I know, if a sequel or prequel is just as cruel, it would be repetitive. If it is more tragic or more bad-ass it risks going over the top and becoming ridiculous. If instead it becomes a light-hearted comedy it won't just *be Madoka*

But you know? I don't care, I want a second season, or at least an OVA. I want to see them being happy. It won't have a point, but it would bring me happiness.

03:56 26/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

there is a sequel, and there is also a "kinda-prequel" , both are mangas. maybe they will get animated too?

16:54 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

It was a happy ending for Urobuchi... Deal with it...

14:45 24/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Bittersweet! But, being from Urobuchi, its like having an happy ending, yes. :D

14:59 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Rumors about on the interwebs of a prequel manga.

And the ending was kinda sad, what with Madoka destroying and resetting the universe and all...but she did become the most powerful Mahou Shoujo of them all...very clever how she prevented any witch from ever being created since the beginning of time.

03:57 26/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

its not a rumour, it also says so on the official site of madoka

15:35 22/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

There are two Wikipedia says so