Top 10 Ways to Wound a Woman’s Pride

kirino-vs-kyosuke-by-kanna-asuke.jpg

Japanese asked what remarks they find the nastiest and most likely to wound a woman’s pride provide a helpful list of what never to say to a woman (or, for unkind types looking to do serious damage, what to say…).

The ranking, which seems to stop short of actual insults:

1. “Haven’t you aged?”

2. “Have you put on weight?”

3. “You’re too old for that…”

4. “Your skin isn’t that of a younger girl any more…”

5. “Your room looks pretty messy.”

6. “You don’t know much of the world, do you?”

7. “My last girlfriend was much nicer.”

8. “That’s common sense.”

9. “You can’t seem to cook…”

10. “You don’t get paid much.”

Not surprisingly considering the mentality of most Japanese, calling a woman cowardly or childish ranked near the bottom of the list…

Comment by Neonie
    02:57 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+0.9)

7. “My last girlfriend was much nicer."

How to get dumped in ANY country.

Comment by TNinja
    03:27 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

1. “Haven’t you aged?”
    It's fact. Live with it.

2. “Have you put on weight?”
    You wanted a honest answer.

5. “Your room looks pretty messy.”
    Not everyone is perfect. Live with it.

8. “That’s common sense.”
    No serious. It is.

Those are my responses if they react. If they can't take the truth, well, bitch on them.

Comment by Kelivan
    03:58 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Why do people make such a big fuss when something is true?
    If you want us to answer honestly, then don't get mad.

Comment by Rya
    04:01 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (-0.1)

Why do women make such a big fuss when something is true?

Fix'd that for you.

04:06 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.9)

Why? Because girls know how they look, hell they spend hours in front of a mirror. They are fishing for compliments... and yet they are met with harsh reality XD

Let's face it guys, we will never truly understand why women act like this...

Comment by HouseLife
    04:16 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

I told a good female friend who likes to do odd outfit combinations that usually work well on her that the outfit she wore the other day didn't work as well on her as previous outfits. I was met with a bit of hostility the rest of the day. She's usually pretty good about taking stuff like that though, I actually have conversations about clothing with her a lot. It wasn't surprising that I got that response, yet it also was to some degree as well due to that fact.

04:20 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

i think "i thought you were a virgin" is more damaging?

what do you all think?

04:25 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.5)

There are certain truths you just don't want to hear.
    "My other boyfriends had much bigger dicks!"

04:46 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

@04:20

That could totally backfire with her saying something like "Well if it's not up to your standards, then you won't miss it"...and thus the break-up that follows

Comment by Kelivan
    04:49 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

@Rya

I was actually talking about anyone, not just women. So no need to alter that.

Comment by Aliaus
    06:19 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

anon 4:25

know whats worse?
    "My other boyfriends have much bigger dicks!"

Comment by Sodium Chloride
    07:18 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

From what I heard it's because they are not looking for an answer, they are looking for support, confirmation of their own beliefs.

07:36 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

wtf dicks?? with a "s"?? ok...

Comment by suihanki
    09:38 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

If you insult a woman's appearance you are insulting their whole worth in society.
    I think that is the key point as to what men don't quite understand about a woman's obsession/easy-ness to get offended when someone questions anything about their appearance.

It's actuality that in order to obtain everyday respect a woman needs to look guud. And by calling them fat/old you are making them question their worth/ability to be respected.
    (Do men in high positions ever receive critical comments about their looks? Not nearly as much as women.)

Comment by Kitsunemimi6
    09:49 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@ 07:36 = They would have to change the whole sentence if they got rid of the "s" now wouldn't they?...

Anywho, this is a very awesome list, now I have something to help me fight back against the bitches that are among women, they don't what is said...they can suck it cause I won't care either...

1. “Haven’t you aged?”
    Cause women have to care so much about their age, sour grapes...

2. “Have you put on weight?”
    Cause women don't seem to understand that it is natural to have some meat on them bones or something to this effect, again, sour grapes...

3. “You’re too old for that…”
    Cause women don't like being told they just cannot do something which half of the time is true, sour grapes...

4. “Your skin isn’t that of a younger girl any more…”
    Why any man would dare say this to a women is beyond me & women should respond to this as violently as possible cause it is just cruel, even for my tastes, people age, geez...

5. “Your room looks pretty messy.”
    How the fuck is this even insulting in the least bit, I guess this isn't exactly a US only poll so whatever, but yeah...sour grapes...

6. “You don’t know much of the world, do you?”
    It wouldn't be said unless it was most likely true, again, sour grapes, get over it, it isn't even an insulting statement & easy to have a comeback for...

7. “My last girlfriend was much nicer.”
    Only in a relationship should this even effect a women in which case, it will do so very much, even if they don't give a fuck about if it's true or not, it's just the principle of the whole statement, it just shouldn't be said to a fiancée or wife, EVER!...

8. “That’s common sense.”
    I don't care what they think, I am going to speak my mind, fuck'em if they get offended by something as weak as this, it just proves that that particular woman is just too fucking sensitive, sour fucking grapes...

9. “You can’t seem to cook…”
    This is where I get a little considerate, I don't want someone telling me I can't cook so I wouldn't dare tell a women this unless they just can't seem to either get to learning how to or knock it off all together...

10. “You don’t get paid much.”
    This 1 tells you that women are planning to take over the world...imo, I don't care who is getting paid more & I don't see why anyone should care in regards to comparing it to other salaries...sour fucking grapes, back to the kitchen you go to cook only for yourself cause I said that too, I will accept that punishment with honor however...

Now that I look at this list, there is far more insulting things that a man can dare tell a women & I have already said some of them to my annoying cousins & what not due to them being sooooo annoying all the time...

10:55 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

@07:18
    Then they should just say so. Or better yet, get some self confidence and suck it up without demanding the approval of others.

15:27 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

wow, "You are fugly" didn't make it to the top 10?

04:14 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

3. “You’re too old for that…”
    This....Is.....Reality.

6. “You don’t know much of the world, do you?”
    Your I.Q. is my common sense.

9. “You can’t seem to cook…”
    Don't go to the kitchen.

06:38 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

9.. well, if a women isnt in the kitchen, she is a waste of air...

07:37 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

that hurttttt

08:03 26/01/2011 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

That's why I say women are the cancer of society.

11:10 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@8:03, no they're not. As long as they're spreadeagle on the bed when I need em, they're fine livestocks.

13:05 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

@8:03 - You failed biology right there.

04:41 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

"If they can't take the truth, well, bitch on them."

Yeah and make them feel like they're dating another woman

04:44 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

As I a female I don't get the weight question as well. My female friends no longer ask me that question because I am brutally honest.

I deem it as a trap question when asked to guys anyways. You say yes, they get upset. You say no, and they are like why aren't my pants fitting >.<

06:58 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Well obviously everything else in the world got a little smaller.

Comment by Ray
    07:18 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

No honey, it's the fat that makes you look fat.

"ಠ_ಠ"

09:29 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

That's an instant kill.

Comment by hotshot™
    04:44 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

How come I don't see:

#?: "Your sister is cuter."

or

#?: "You look like your mom."

Comment by caiooa
    06:24 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

"You looks like your father." is a good line too

Comment by yaku
    06:40 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Not every girl has a sister (although it could be changed to "cousin/friend") and you never know, maybe her mom is a MILF.

09:35 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

"You will look like your mom in 10 years." Will tug you out of her pants in no time.

Comment by BlaqCat
    10:54 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Quite a few of these answers are probably something people said when being prompted by a question. Women sometimes ask things they REALLY don't want to know.

17:20 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

why do you have such a small dick?
    live with it

Comment by Rhizobium
    23:40 14/04/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

well, now that we know what'll bother them, why don't we just be more considerate by at least not saying those things rather than lie or tell them the whole truth

Comment by Neferius
    06:07 13/03/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

#6 is my personal favorite >:)

Comment by Inkydog
    04:35 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

If you say that your current gf is probably a bitch and you won't mind getting dumped.

Comment by VVayfarer
    00:47 27/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

When a man says stuff like this, it sounds more like he's doing the dumping. Unless he, of course, lets the woman do it in order to save her face.

Comment by King Tiger

I intend to use these phrases to any female that pisses me off

since I'm already single and not looking for love anymore I'll do it with no regrets whatsoever

08:44 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

The things listed are insulting to women because they're coming from someone they like or trust (a friend/boyfriend/husband) - ie, they undermine the woman's self-confidence. If some random dick such as yourself walks up to them and spouts the same line, it's more likely to spark self-righteous futy then it is for them to collapse into a crying ball of angst.

Comment by yaku
    09:54 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

You're right; that's just common sense.

Comment by Y10NRDY
    03:01 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

>"Your skin isn't that of a younger girl any more."

That's so good I may start using it on ALL my friends.

Male OR female!

03:58 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Please do. I'll join you.

04:43 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Assuming they'll even care. You'll probably look overly concerned with that kind of thing for even saying that.

Comment by hotshot™
    04:47 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

friend: "Dude, I'm so hungover from that party..."

Me: "That's because your skin isn't that of a young girl's anymore."

friend: "Wait, what?"

Comment by TNinja
    06:00 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Yo skin ain't no loli anymoar.

Comment by Ray
    07:23 26/01/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

"Your skin isn't that of a younger girl any more."

Bro friend: "Thanks mate, I try my best not to look like a trap anymore. :\"

03:26 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

More like "Top 10 Ways to go without sex for a month"

03:29 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Nah, just means it's time to make the switch from, “my last girlfriend was much nicer”, to, “my other girlfriend is much nicer.”

04:04 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

You talking about your left and right hand, right?

Comment by Kelivan
    04:51 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

I kinda hope he is.

04:54 26/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

Or Nene, Manaka and Rinko.

Comment by hotshot™
    04:50 26/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Unless of course, you weren't getting any in the first place.

Comment by VVayfarer
    01:02 27/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Sure, if you're a pussy-whipped wimp.

... or you're extremely lucky and your girlfriend is a hot asexual. That's the dream...

03:19 27/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Why would she even be dating if she's asexual?

Comment by VVayfarer
    21:57 27/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Has anime taught you NOTHING? Anything is possible with some imagination - especially when it involves a hot girl getting together with an average guy.