aya-hirano-avec-inu.jpg

Aya Hirano has angrily told her fans to stop calling themselves “lifeliners,” inciting the usual storm of opprobrium.

The background to her remarks is that Aya Hirano’s remaining fans are now universally known (unkindly) as “lifeliners” after she said on Twitter that “Stop telling me to die or saying you hate me! I’ve finally got a lifeline to everybody!”

Aya Hirano is evidently not pleased with this:

Also, won’t you stop it already with the “lifeliner” stuff?

I only meant to call Twitter my lifeline. I think you’d understand if you read what I originally wrote.

Why is everyone interpreting that in such a warped way? It’ll cause another fuss so I’ll not say any more!

Her increased irritation with fans is probably the result of the sceptical reaction to her taxi story.

Hirano actually now has over 100,000 followers, although it seems likely most of these are the Twitter equivalent of ambulance chasers…

One of them subsequently pointed out that the term has stuck, and she immediately changed her tune:

Indeed! I suppose there is something to it after all! Well, I don’t really mind them using it but I wonder what they’ll do if they become tired of it.

Who cares what they think, call me what you will! The haters got really worked up over what I just said too…

2ch naturally snaps up the bait:

This person has 0 resistance to which way the wind is blowing, doesn’t she?

More fuel!

Hirano needs to give up Twitter… and her ability to resist the influence of others is nil.

Her agency probably thought it would be a good idea for someone like this to take up Twitter…

If she doesn’t periodically stir the pot like this she’ll be forgotten.

She’s doing this deliberately, she’s actually a genius at manipulating 2ch!

Who could have guessed 6 years ago that she would end up like this?

You guys love her way too much!

Aya Hirano is everyone’s toy!

Damn, she’s really using the haters…

This is all because of the taxi stuff – she came off as being mentally ill there.

Hirano: “The taxi disturbance has stopped so I’ll start another little fire to keep things going!”

Why does she always talk to the people who hate her?

Why does she keep pouring oil onto the flames like this?

I’ve started to like her. She’s moe like this. Aren’t weird girls nice?

She’s probably checking the threads about herself on 2ch as she does this…

How many followers would she have left if she told everyone but lifeliners to quit following her?

Comment by Kyon
    12:45 04/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

Meh... That's it, if you're a seyuu and suddendly show to everybody you have a normal life like any other, anyone who don't have a life, will start hating you and saying you're in nuts...

Comment by HouseLife
    12:51 04/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.7)

Just have to comment on how much I love the sheer beauty of your name, your avatar, your comment, and this article... there's like quintuple-layer irony and it's just so juicy.

Comment by Lannando
    15:25 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

Yeah, me too, this guy is somthing out of dis world.

i mean it

I do it for the lolis-------->Lannando

Comment by Wisteria Berlitz
    20:44 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@Kyon,omfg,your pic and name made it like Kyon saying to Haruhi

Comment by Minako
    12:39 05/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

A single... Manly... Tear...

Comment by TNinja
    00:16 05/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

The Kyon we know.

Comment by Bazzyrick
    12:53 04/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

Its not her ability to resist others, its her obsession with keeping as many people around as possible to feed her attention seeking disease.

But as if being a following fan of a person in particular wasnt creepy enough, giving yourselves a weird and creepy name as well just makes it worse.

I understand neither party.

Comment by Kyon
    13:05 04/01/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

I dislike Justin Biber, so, I'm not waiting his next tweet to madly badmouth him, I don't give a fuck if his gay or going to moon with a horse, srlsy guys, calling her attwhore but seeking her tweets, whathefuck.

Comment by Wisteria Berlitz
    20:45 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@Kyon,Justin Bieber....SUCKS!

Comment by Shippoyasha
    15:50 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I think she may be calling out for attention without her knowing.

It is actually somewhat the same thing for me at times too. Everybody who posts online has a certain personality and stance and tries to work around the communities and have their voices heard.

It just looks to me like she just may not be as sly at using it. Perhaps naive in her approach to the sheer amount of sarcasm and cynicism of the net.

But I agree. If her tweets are popular and she wants to voice things out, more power for her.

If SHE is an attentionwhore, then I am too, for occasionally cracking jokes online.

"How do you know she have this obssession to attention? She just tweets anything she wants to her followers, is not like she's starting threads in 2ch asking for attention. If one don't like her, just don't follow her."

Key words: obsessession[sic], attention, tweets followers, "starting threads"

Can you piece together the logic here?

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    13:15 04/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

"Aya Hirano is everyone’s toy!"
    "You guys are playing with Hirano too much – what are you going to do when your toy breaks?"

I think 2ch needs to grow up, even if its like Neverland to every anon there...

Comment by Wisteria Berlitz
    20:46 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

*Ignores the 2 anons*
    @Yoshii-kun,I agree with ya(and I love your pic!)

Comment by HarukiSOS
    09:27 05/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I just wish people would stop making fun of her T-T

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    01:40 05/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

A new year calls for a new (cross)dress.

"I think 2ch needs to grow up, even if its like Neverland to every anon there..."

So.. your name really is "Yoshii-Kun". YOU and I are anon to everybody.
    A nick do not change that and I bet you're not Japanese.

The Japanese(Aya/2ch) know how to provide some great entertainment eh?

while us (the foreigners) are having a ball laughing at their stupidity.

15:55 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

No, they love you for the characters you do that feeds thier fancy. They don't love you for being you. Every crazy fan knows their favorite voice goddess has a 'real' life but they don't need to have it shoved in their face.

17:36 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

And some people say Americans can't tell fantasy from reality when it comes to anime.

Not because she is a seiyuu, but it's because this wonman is a absolute attention whore that many people get sick of her. By the way, you still stands for her, lifeliner? She doesn't need you anymore...hahahahaha.

Normal people loves to tell the world that she hate thick condom, love playing with guy's nipples, was throw out of the bar because of making sexual voice, dating several men in a row, have brain tomour that suddenly disappear, etc? Wow... interesting meaning of normal people.

Comment by Kitsunemimi6
    12:56 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

She seems kind of contradicting if anything, she should really make up her mind & stick with it in regards to what she wants to tell her followers...

But I guess this is just talking to the wind at this point I mean really...

*sigh*
    i still like her voice acting, but that bitch is dumb...

Comment by Wisteria Berlitz
    20:47 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@Observer:Her agency probably

Comment by Observer
    17:29 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Who needs education if you just can hire people that do this for you? Unfortunately she hired the wrong ones.

14:46 05/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

i think thats what he meant D=

Comment by Kitsunemimi6
    14:29 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Now now, she is not dumb, just uneducated in some matters...

Comment by PhillB

Every time she respond to her Lifeliners!, it's like she's crying for it.

Attention, of course.

Comment by T.O.M. Morrow

She needs Attention, it's her drug and Twitter is the Syringe she uses to get her high!

14:48 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Twitter... aptly named since it turns everyone into a twit.

Comment by Godot

Thats Japan for you. They set a fantastical bar on what normal life should be but when reality catches up to them instead of coping they just commit suicide. Its sad but i think Aya Hirano is on the way to that end. Thanks in part to both "lifeliners" and haters pushing along the way.

Comment by T.O.M. Morrow
    13:06 04/01/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

That sounds so dirty LOL!

13:11 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

She was already broken. It's time to move on.

The seiyuu industry has many better seiyuus than her anyways.

Comment by King Tiger
    12:46 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

hey Aya i'm a "life liner"! :V

lulz

Comment by rick1978
    13:37 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Tsundere Hirano.

Comment by Wisteria Berlitz
    20:43 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I loled at "I’ve started to like her. She’s moe like this. Aren’t weird girls nice?"

Comment by TIbet
    20:46 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

You know there are other idols in Japan like Tina, Ayaka, and Utada Hikaru. Why all of this creepy obsession posting blogs every other day over ONE IDOL? Every article contradicts anything about not giving her attention when she is put up on a pedestal so often.

Where did this stupid obsession start? What did you go and see her at some public gathering and she winked at a general direction of a crowd of slobbering otaku and you thought to yourself, "One day she will be mine. She will notice all of the tabloid attention I bring to worthless individuals and have sex with me."

00:24 05/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Because Aya Hirano is more fun than other idol, although i don't think she up on level with these artise you mentioned

22:32 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

eh oh boy Lo how the obscure has fallen people I present to you the japanese brittany spears

22:35 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Is there a way to "not see" posts with certain tags? This is turning into an Aya Hirano fansite, a post for every TINY little thing she says or does.

22:31 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

She's such a troll. :D

Comment by jamesownsall
    20:34 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

...I think it's about time I stop paying attention to this confused woman. I recommend that this site's users should be given a sort of 'filter' function that blocks any news containing user-determined keyword or tag from being displayed on said user's account.

Then again, them seiyuus don't even know about Sankaku Complex so I guess it's OK if I continue to talk shit about her here because there's no real attention given?

Now I'm confused myself...

19:34 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm surprised she hasn't imploded her twitter account yet, that's what I would've done if people started bashing me on it.
    She definitely doesn't like it, but I guess she wants to keep it around for fame and the attention and money it brings.

18:09 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

any one wanna hot chat? im a female and im boredddd
    oh i like hentai, anime, video games and manga to

18:21 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Implying if your female....

Comment by Vegio
    17:41 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

She's got a nice dog.

17:48 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Unlike china its drug free too

17:29 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Artefact stop posting this shiz already, Hirano is NOT that special and I'm really getting tired of seeing article after an article about Hirano, no matter what she does, even if it's a really small thing and not relevant to anything.

Ps. She should die.

18:19 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

D'awwwwwww, miniature longhaired dachshund!

Comment by Omega Direx
    23:56 04/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh, nice photo. Dumb bitch holding a dumb bitch. Funny enough, that's the same kind of dumb bitch my family calls a pet. By far one of the dumbest breeds of dog.