Aya Hirano: “I Was Kidnapped by a Taxi Driver!”

aya-hirano-obasan

Aya Hirano is claiming she was kidnapped by a wicked taxi driver who apparently wanted to take her home with him.

The tale comes by way of that most great conduit for celebrity self-destruction, Twitter:

It was really scary on the taxi I just got on. When I started to tell him the address of my destination, it turned out his GPS was broken, and when I asked him to let me off he just drove on.

I pleaded with him to let me off, but he just shouted and wouldn’t let me out! I got scared and tried to open the door and get off when he stopped at a red light, but he accelerated and drove along with the door open.

[…]

I called the police when we were driving along with the door open and asked them for help, but he still wouldn’t stop. Finally he stopped at a nearby police box, and they heard the situation.

The driver just kept saying stuff like “This woman is crazy” and “This woman started crying and stuff” – I was so scared I couldn’t stop shaking.

[…]

Despite all this they couldn’t do anything to him. I went back to the office. It’s frightening that there are people like that. I really have bad luck with taxis.

Some are starting to wonder if Aya Hirano’s increasingly bizarre Twitter outbursts represent some form of Internet Münchausen syndrome, with the troubled seiyuu reduced to ever stranger fabrications…

22:54 30/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I think she's finally lost it. Who agrees?

23:03 30/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

She's lost it long ago.
    But most people try to ignore it because she is cute.

08:00 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't really care what happens. I just wish she would keep that forehead properly covered at all times.

17:31 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I thought most people didn't really think of her as cute or attractive at all, they just liked her voice in two shows.

02:10 06/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

You means otaku retards? Fab at Haruhi and Konata.

Comment by Frostmourne
    22:53 30/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

That tumor's showin symptoms again...

Or is it just Aya? O.o

Comment by GREW
    22:58 30/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Could be both...?

Comment by aarond12

I think it COULD be a possibility since Aya is on TV now. I don't know... I just feel sorry for her and would tend to believe her. Why doesn't she have a car?

Comment by konakona
    23:24 30/12/2010 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Getting a drivers license is hard in Japan. They don't just need to know how to drive. They need to know everything about the car. With her brain she'd never be able to pass. No offence.

00:25 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Nah, it's worse in Thailand. You can just go and buy a driver license.

23:42 30/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Wow, you're saying it as if it's ONLY in Japan.

Getting a driver's license is difficult in all parts of the world except Somalia(because they are a failed state, and as such, have no real road regulations).

Comment by Dia
    00:51 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's not hard in Japan for a foreigner at least.

06:06 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

In the US they give license away in cereal boxes..well at least it feels like that sometimes..

Comment by Patches
    00:21 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Germany has a pretty difficult driver's test and from what my friend in Berlin said, you have to know how to change tires, know parts, etc. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to know how to change a tire but I also know how expensive it is to get a driver's license in Germany compared to the US >_< Anyways, I don't know what to believe with Aya. This could be a bunch of BS or it could have happened. It could be possible that it really happened because of her media coverage as of late.

12:23 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Why doesn't she have a car?"

Talents often aren't allowed to drive by their management companies, because it's scandalous if they're in a car crash etc.

Yes, management agencies control their Talents that much.

Comment by nemesis
    22:45 30/12/2010 # ! Quality (+0.9)

im not sure what to say about this cos we all know there are nutty people out there but in this case ..."who was the crazy one?"

23:23 30/12/2010 # ! Quality (+1.0)

we got another headline from aya?I'm betting she'll effin tweet about attempted rape soon enough.GET A LIFE.

23:04 30/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.5)

Attention Whore

Nothing More, Nothing Less.

Comment by Bazzyrick
    23:06 30/12/2010 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Indeed, did all these weird twitter stories only start after her career went to hell?

Kind of proves that she is just an attention whore..

Comment by flood
    23:13 30/12/2010 # ! Quality (+0.8)

“This woman is crazy”
    "I was so scared I couldn’t stop shaking."

lol Aya was pwned by a taxi driver

Comment by John Hayabusa
    23:13 30/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

Her tumor seems to be controlling her mind.

Comment by Wisteria Berlitz
    00:59 31/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

stick back to seiyuu-ing please...

Comment by Otherwise-Six
    05:14 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I'm not going to say anything like "Leave her alone" or "She isn't an attention whore" because clearly she wants people to pay attention to her. Why else would she even tweet about stuff like this? I've had my share of weird experiences but unless someone asks specifically, I don't go around talking about them.

I will say this however, all these events could have very well happened. None of them seem TOO fabricated. But again, true or not, I really don't think she should be telling people about stuff like this. It's almost like a cry for help. And I'm saying this as one of Aya Hirano's fans. I still like her despite everything. And I'll continue to like her forever. I'll just never follow her on twitter.

04:38 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"Why would he do that if he was the crazy one?"

If you change your mind at the last second, no one would accuse you if you head straight to the police station yourself, no? Sure worked on you.

Comment by Pin
    01:10 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Tumors, abs, and crazy cab drivers! What an exciting life Aya leads!

Comment by HouseLife
    13:30 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Apparently everyone is forgetting what Twitter is. All you fools who keep claiming she's an attention whore should be telling anyone with a Twitter account the same thing. Except in this case, celebrities are told and in most cases ordered to maintain Twitter accounts. I pity most of you idiots, because what would you rather hear? "Just ate a bagel" as a tweet? Something interesting happens that is actually worth hearing about and you bitch as well? Hypocrites.

Nobody seems to catch on that she's basically using it as an outlet amidst all the trouble she's going through, perceived or otherwise. She probably has real friends on there, not just fair-weather assholes who pretend they're something special because they follow her tweets and think it somehow makes them special. So god forbid she use twitter as it was originally intended, telling your friends stuff that happened en masse, but the creepy streaker stalking said group of friends happens to overhear it and says 'keep it to yourself.'

Fuck Twitter.

Comment by Shadow C
    04:28 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Could Aya Hirano make it up? Yes
    Could the taxi driver have been a weirdo? Yes

If anything, she's been giving out too much personal information lately, not making things up, but none of us can know for sure whether or not this is true.

Comment by Bigall
    23:29 30/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I has going to say it to. I agree she is attention whore...

Comment by Candy
    23:34 30/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Aya's probably using her voice as Konata that's why he freaked out.

07:35 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Comming up next on Sankaku:

Aya Hirano: “I Was Abducted by the Aliens!”

"They tried to anal probe me! [...] It was horrible!"

02:44 02/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

If she was ordered to keep a Twitter account wouldn't she just make a separate one for her own needs?

You sound like 'JUST LEAVE HER ALONE!', emo.

17:39 05/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

LEAVE AYA ALOOOONNNEEEE!!

Comment by Risui
    00:35 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Her antics are the result of years of trolling i presume.
    Shee needs to get some attention.

Comment by TNinja
    03:34 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, something must have been up. Her story was rather hard to make sense of. The taxi driver, 2kidnapped" her alright. Then stopped at a nearby police box...? Why would he do that if he was the crazy one?

Some stupid missunderstanding is going on. Sounds like a commonn language issue, but it's clear that she understood the part about her being crazy.

Or she's just a dick. I don't know.

01:42 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Good-for-nothing!

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    01:51 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Even taxi drivers knew there's something wrong about her......

Up this to shut down her twitter

23:24 30/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Indeed, and it's working because I'd hit it. Something bout crazy bitches, IDK, they just turn me on.

Yeah, and the stories of this ms-litte-attention-whore-seiyuu-with-a-mole are getting more and more bizarre.
    What's up next? Alien abduction? Sex change? AV?
    You know, I don't really care anymore.

00:56 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Why? Whats wrong with being kidnapped by the taxi driver? Was he wearing a thick condom?

Comment by BlaqCat
    11:39 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think the stress levels from her failing career are indeed affecting her mind greatly.

06:06 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

where is the part that states "upon further inspection it turned out the GPS was intact/broken." that pleads the case in either favor.

01:56 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

aye to be or not to be

01:25 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Let's face it, we all have situations like this...

Comment by Oh No xV3GAx
    Comment by TFish
    03:59 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Me too,

To bad she didn't disappear, that'd be about the only Aya news I'm interested in hearing.

07:38 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

They would start a new series "The disappearance of Aya Hirano".

Comment by MikuMiku
    23:06 30/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.7)

No she wasn't.

LOOK AT ME, I'M AN ATTENTION WHORE.

23:22 30/12/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

,. -‐――――‐-、、
             |  |.          | |
                   _  __
      ./\\/ /\    |     |  \/ |   | ̄
      |  ̄ |  |  |  ̄ |      ̄|  |   |  |_ | ̄
                     ̄              ̄

Comment by fox
    10:17 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Or is it a gnome? "( o)_(o ) lol ^^

Btw thx for commenting that "facts the 2ch and anime+manga industry refuse to acknowledge" post of mine.

Similar comments on original post, so im gonna give same response: "Better than saying the exact same thing in a 1-fact-per-post method eh? xD"

;D

Comment by Doragon
    10:21 31/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

lol...comment above was by me...
    just entered and forgot to login b4 posting...*facepalms*