“Where is My Mikoto!?”

to-aru-otaku-no-bousou-1

One particularly creepy otaku follower of Mikoto shares his disgust at her “not doing anything” in the latest To Aru Majutsu no Index story developments – by destroying his collection.

In a series of short screeds posted to 2ch he describes his anger at Mikoto being despatched to the narrative gulag of Russia – accompanied by photos of him destroying his collection of To Aru titles:

to-aru-otaku-no-bousou-2

to-aru-otaku-no-bousou-3

Comment by Twintail Tsundere
    19:44 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It was barely the first episode. It's not like she was waiting around for Touma or anything!

Comment by NeverSleep
    20:40 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

But he was complaining about the light novel, not the anime.

Comment by Sachiel
    21:51 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well having read up to volume 22 of the light novel I would say Misaka gets a lot more scene time than Index so I don't really see why he would do that.

10:42 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

He mean the novels, since vol.20 to vol. 22 all Mikoto did is:
    - Watches Touma is on Russia during the WW3.
    - Steals a jet.
    - Finds a Sister.
    - Stops the launch of nukes.
    - Tries to take Touma back to Academy City.
    - GETS IGNORED AGAIN BY TOUMA, so.

At the same time Index beat the crap out of everyone assses at Necessarius's HQ on her Magic mode.

Comment by NeverSleep
    01:53 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, and she is portrayed as a much more lovely character, and usually she's strong willed and everything else that makes her so awesome.

09:24 14/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

She didn't sabe many lives, because those nukes were aimed to the magic fortress on the sky, surely Fiamma could have erased them with his freaking Holy Right anyway.

10:52 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So Mikoto saves lots of lives, while all Index does is beat up her allies while being controlled?

Sounds like Index fans should be mad.

Comment by TheBeast
    06:28 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

in soviet russia anime collection destroy you?

Comment by Schrobby
    20:01 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Another idiot otaku... *sighs*

08:14 15/10/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Not an idiot otaku, just a real one.

Comment by konakona
    22:30 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

And now he has to buy it all again which means profit for the company.

23:16 14/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah I agree. Just another crazed dumb shit wasting his money over something stupid. Well if they do do that and buy the stuff again I don't see why the companies are having money problems. Hell that pretty much just gives us an even better excuse for getting it for free. The Jap otaku's are probably just pissed cause were reaping the benefits off there well wasted money.

Comment by PewPewPew!
    20:19 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He's not the 1st nor last in the line of "fan-rage-induced-merchandise-wrecking-syndrome."

Comment by Schrobby
    21:51 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

KyoAni trolling us is just a devious plot to earn even moar money, and the other producers are catching up...

Comment by Darkrockslizer
    22:09 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

and the producers just get moar profit when idiots like these re-buy their whole stock once Mikoto airs in another episode again ,(<v< )

00:12 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

^lol, never thought of it like that

Comment by Eddyak
    21:26 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

"Retards don't understand the "EPISODE 1" title eh?"

Seems like retards also don't watch the OP, which had more Mikoto in it than it did Touma and Index.

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    20:58 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

his disgust at her “not doing anything”

Retards don't understand the "EPISODE 1" title eh?
    We've got 24 episodes of goodness, and he rages over 1 episode that follows the INDEX plot, not the RAILGUN story?!

Index/Railgun fanbase doesn't need idiots like these...

Comment by Shippoyasha
    20:11 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Zealous he may be, but after Railgun, I kinda want to see Railgun again. I hope this season of To Aru still proves to be exciting and at least entertaining, but I already miss Railgun a bit. I hope the story doesn't just drop dead at To Aru, game over.

Comment by Schrobby
    05:28 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Dumb, but still better than buying the same episode eight times.

Comment by TehBoringOne
    04:21 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I can easily imagine an employee of the animation studio seeing his post and his broken goods while laughing his ass off and thinking that nutcase will buy everything again.

Comment by POKI
    01:08 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

^my thoughts exactly.

Comment by TFish
    01:52 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I never even really cared for railgun, the index story arc is more my thing.

03:19 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@02:04

Ahahahaha, let them destroy whatever they want.

He will buy it one more time anyway. Not to mention he wont sell it to anyone, so the second hand market is almost nonexistent. My reasoning is simple: the more they buy, the more money producers make and the more willing they are to animate next volumes of manga or novel. It's win-win situation.. but not for the creep who doesn't gain anything except of 1 day of fame on 2ch and bank account in the red.

02:25 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You'd think that the Railgun OVA coming out in a while would be quite enough.

02:04 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

that's what i'm thinking. i don't understand why these enraged otaku destroy their collections instead of making a mint selling them to someone who might want them. at least get something back on your investment instead of throwing all that money away.

Comment by Uncommon0taku
    09:04 13/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

On the one hand, yup that was kinda retarded, he could of sold them to some other otaku,...

But then mebe the fucktard only was doing it for the drama,... Sensational as the news may be.
    He probably copied them to his external storage.
    Trashing the orignals just for a few lulz, while the rest of yuze got trolled,... BEEEgTIMe!!

^_^

09:39 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

lol Schrobby I see what you did there

09:23 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He might want to play back those CDs later and realized he trashed it.
    Emotional idiots.

Comment by Jeen
    20:32 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Considering how far ahead the light novels are, I wouldn't be surprised if they called it quits after season II since they can't possibly keep up. Would be like Full Metal Panic all over again.

Comment by Crim
    23:21 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

FOOL!

If he didnt want it, he should have sent it to me!

I <3 Misaka Mikoto, and I would never do this.

Comment by Schrobby
    21:15 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Having no material would be a reason to quit, having a lot is a reason to animate a lot.

21:26 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Bleagh. There are Railgun OVAS announced for later this year. Why he expects lots of Railgun in Index escapes me for now.

Especially since the current storyarc was already covered by the manga. If he, as a total, obsessive fan, also has the manga, I don't see why he would even -expect- Biribiri to play a major role for a while.

Comment by Sachiel
    21:48 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well the second arc this season would probably feature lots of MisakaS even more with the sports festival and batsu game. Jus saying.
    PS. Note the S

Comment by starsplash
    22:25 11/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

These otokus are just like the Fox News: irrational, retarded stupid and really a waste of time. These people should not be breathing. Spending a shit load of money and destroying them just because one thing doesn't go right?

Honestly. There are some people you just wish would just die so smarter people can take their place.

05:36 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

is like all of Japan Emo now?

Comment by Usagi-sempai
    05:42 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This kind of merchandise destruction always makes so sad and makes me want to facepalm. I mean I WISH I had enough money that even if my merchandise got destroyed I would have enough to replace it. So WHY the hell destroy it yourself?! I mean sure you can get mad at certain things that happen in an anime, but come on getting so mad to destroy your own belongings? I mean the most irrational I've gotten from something that's happened in an anime or manga was ranting to my friend for an hour or 2, or crying over a character death. And this is only a case of no screen time, imagine if it were a character death. (The guy would probably commit suicide or gonna on a murderous rampage.) If this guy really loved Mikoto he'd wait for her.

05:30 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He's just destroying his extras to get attention, I bet. Or perhaps he's had a change in interests or maybe his parents are actually not completely inept and made him do it. There could be a score of reasons...as to why he's not a complete fucking idiot.

04:36 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Naturally this is too much even for 2ch, which denounces him as “an embarrassment” and “crazy.”"

Don't 2ch usually do this kind of retarded shit?

05:44 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol It's a Certain Scientific Index not Railgun of course she's going to take a backseat in the series she was a supporting character to begin with.

Also man Japanese people are so wierd

Comment by Alexeon
    07:09 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

No, its A Certain Magical Index, not A Certain Scientific Railgun. There is a difference.

05:56 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I can't help but think...he might have staged it, and drew those pictures on the CD's himself to make it look authentic.

Comment by Alexeon
    07:09 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Dumbass! Give me the collection! Ill "destroy" it!

07:52 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

WHHHHYYYY would you do such a thing over something that's not that big a deal!!??(or at least I don't find it to be that big a deal) I'll never understand these extreme otakus. =___=;;

04:00 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

that's just stupid. index is about touma and index, railgun is for mikoto and kuroko

08:03 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

hahaha
    old tricks didn't work anymore

07:13 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

well that guy can hope that railgun-index is part of a multiverse and in railgun touma ends falling for her.

P.D: this is abut the novel not the second season.

03:20 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I start to wonder: Are this Otaku really that brain-dead or are this story all artificially made?

01:21 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This series is horrible. Anyone who watches it is a complete moron, waste of space with shitty taste.

02:09 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hurr durr, my mind cannot accept people having different taste than mind.

02:09 12/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hurr durr, my mind cannot accept people having different taste than mine.