Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Quite S*xy

01:20 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Have to admit-- I was really excited about this coming out, since the art style looked amazing and the premise sounded fresh, but I had to turn it off mid-way because I was bored. I was waiting for the jokes, the shock, and the raunchy humor the show boasts, but it didn't happen. I saw attempts at this in the bit that I watched, but it would have only come off as shocking/raunchy if you've lived in a church for your entire life or something.

Supposedly, the half I didn't watch is "THE BEST PART OMG IT GETS BETTER", but you shouldn't have to wait until the end to get something out of it. The first episode of a series is designed to pull you in-- if it only gets good towards the end, it failed horribly at what it's supposed to do.

01:18 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Japanese finally take on American drawing style and improves on it by giving us what American media don't like to give.

It's nice to see Gir from Invader Zim get a copycat too. Invader Zim Season 2 was canceled because it showed material similar to what this anime showed. It's nice to see that there are animators that still stick to whats fun.

Comment by Aug
    06:40 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad have all been on mainstream channels and primetime slots and they had healthy doses of sex in certain episodes. Even Drawn Together and South Park have sex and drugs and language and they're still doing fine on cable TV.

Comment by Zwars
    00:54 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

this anime was a mix of Invasor Zim + PPG+ Happy Tree Friends + Ecchi all with Gainax Stile Animation, btw they reclycled an Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai joke (the ghost licking the panties) LOL

Comment by JimJam
    00:28 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I love you so much, GAINAX.
    Moar please.

Comment by Delphi
    00:46 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

lastima de la cesnura

Comment by Zwars
    00:52 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

jajaja aun asi me parecio buen episodio veremos que tan censurado sale el siguiente

Comment by yaku
    06:03 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

La censura esta a proposito; y personalmente me parece mas divertido a que te den pechos y culos sin ton ni son.

03:06 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Weaboo prudes in sankaku complex? More likely than you think. Not surprised that loli-moe devotees here find this show repulsive because it visually resembles american children "cartoons". smh.

03:12 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

nice piniata explotion ! paper and a lot of fire works

03:40 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

WHAT IS THIS, I DON'T EVEN.. !?

Comment by loli in a box
    03:33 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Woah, I guess the "range of opinions" are all from Artefact-sama himself.

It's intriguing how a positive comment by him can alter the opinions of a big part of the Sancom readers. Hyping something so crappy...

Luckily, the heroines are no waifu material, so the paying otakus will let this die.

08:50 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Okay, so you don't like the show. Point taken.
    Does that make you think that other people can't enjoy it? Sincerely like it, without all the stereotype bullshit of the easily influenced otaku?

Apart from your own opinion you'd have to cough up a stronger argument. More like ANY argument at all because that's what's obviously missing in your post.

02:50 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

good PPG Z chapter , good strike back for the puffy AMY YUMI mess!

02:19 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

She reminds me of Asuka for some reason

01:50 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This anime is not funny, at all. I'm just waiting for similar jokes such as "i'm rubber, you're glue and smell like poo ha ha ha ha"

02:35 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a ripoff of an american cartoon, I can't even see this as an anime more like a "Japanese cartoon".

04:51 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I wish american cartoons were this stylish.

10:56 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

All anime is Japanese Cartoons....

Sorry to burst your bubble

02:33 05/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

exactamundo

14:06 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

In japan, all animation is anime

02:23 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Being the type of guy who loved Conker's bad fur day, I can ssay that I loved this show so far, granted it did have it's problems. Some of the jokes seemed forced (speed and technique, and the vomit was funny only because Garter Belt resumed eating her cake almost immediately), but for the most part, the show appealed to my inner seventh grader

Comment by Gigaman
    02:24 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

At first I was - WTF is this
    But then I laughed my ass of, and added it to currently watching.

00:07 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"although just what the problem is will have to wait several weeks to become clear"

Uh, no. The third episode, the school one, is less than a week away, it's the next one. Don't forget they air two episodes at a time.

22:48 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

next source of sancom troll, and i'm switching side

23:05 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

shitty gaynax is shitty

22:46 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

needs more yuri

22:46 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

BEST TRANSFORMATION EVER!!!!!!!!! I gotta say, this is the only transformation sequence in any anime that I've seen where I look forward to see the same transformation scene over and over again without getting tired xD

and don't tell me you didnt get a boner for panty or stocking during their transformation scene lol. I went "damn i'd do her" for a second. LOL

Comment by loplop
    22:41 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I would have never thought that Gainax would have sank so low. I've never dropped a series in the first 10 seconds before.

23:11 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

it looked stupid so i passed it

Comment by Obsidian
    23:13 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I find this sexy.
    No, really.

23:52 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

アニメ失格

00:37 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

如何して?

Comment by Morthoseth
    23:18 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is not anime and its shit.

23:17 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Gainax make Evangelion: I watch and I like it
    Gainax make TTGL: I watch and I like it
    Gainax made Panty & Stocking: I (will) watch and I (will) like it

00:07 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't believe the same people worked on those so it really means very little about the studio as a whole. Gainax is good but currently there are better studios in different categories. Good for them changing it up though. I'll watch it to see.

12:08 05/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

well i thought Evangelion sucked, and so does this anime.

23:42 03/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Shit show is shit I don't give a fuck if Gainax did it
    shit jokes and sex jokes wow like I hadn't seen that before, plot and characters are shit and barely more sexy than stick figures

seriously fuck this shit if Gainax wanted they could make something good instead we get some retardfest that has to rely on bad shock jokes, being edgy and cliche about a bitch and a moeblob

06:49 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Truth hurts I guess.

10:28 05/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Dirty Pair + PPG - restraint = Panty & Stocking

13:58 05/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I thought people were saying it was garbage. Now suddenly they like it?

01:21 05/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a Cartoon Network cartoon with some sexual stuff.

Don't forget. Sex doesn't mean it's adult. It just means that kids would love this because of the sexual content.

Yes. That means you - kid.

Comment by PrinceHeir
    16:57 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

looks like hi hi puffy ami yumi + powerpuff girls.

Comment by Bakamoichigei
    17:01 04/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I have to say, I found myself unable to fault the production itself; it's pretty damned well made, with good animation, solid (If overly stylized..) art, and good sound.

Nonetheless, when it was over, all I could think was "WHAT IN ALL OF FUCKERY DID I JUST WATCH?!?!"

Well, that and "Oh my god, can't they just make that henshin sequence a half hour show of its own??"

18:10 05/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fun yes, sexy no. Power Puff Girls with their legs in the air and wondering where their panties are is fun. But sexy? Nope.

I have mixed feelings since it looks like Americanized, commercial kiddie pop. Amusing and it is not worse than many other Japanese low budget hentai anime. There is not intoxicating artwork, generally, no exotically beautiful women except for a short sequence of animation. Mostly it is attitude.

I give it 4.5 stars for attitude and fun, and 3 stars for artwork since it looks like all the other crap on US tv any Saturday morning.

21:02 05/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

My body is ready for episode 2.

03:44 19/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

00:15 16/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

For all the people who think that this anime has copied American styled cartoons... Well you people are morons... This anime was made to parody the American animation... Yes this anime has a plot... There 2 angels sent to earth to collect heavens (coins) by killing ghost with the help of garter belt... Then 2 demon sisters were sent to kill panty and stocking... In order for the mayor ( main villain) to take over hells monkey (briefs cock) to combine he'll and earth... Great plot right there!!! Also this anime has 200 comedy scenes and the animation with the action is perfect.... 3d to 2d... This anime is the best ok

07:12 13/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I love this show so far. It's hilarious. I'm surprised at how they pulled off the perfect ecchi, with this art style. It's so erotic. o_o
    I'm confused though. Is it set in America? It looks like California to me. Every thing screamed California. When they did the high school episode, the school had a Japanese flag, but 80% of the students had blonde hair, blue eyes, and had a Caucasian build, some looked like different races and some looked African American. It felt so American. The houses, the church.. The people all looked American. Panty looks blonde, because of how her eyes are drawn. Garterbelt looks African American.. I'm just confused. Normally anime characters look Japanese. I'm really tempted to cosplay as Panty now, have blonde hair, blue eyes, not by any means fat nor ugly, but don't want to offend anyone because I'm not Japanese. -_-
    Anyways, I'm surprised everyone's comparing it to PowerPuff Girls. Came off more Invader Zim to me, but more stylized. The gags in this are hilarious. I'm just amazed by this show. So much win in one show.

02:19 07/02/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

i don't see anything really erotic beside the vagina thing