Square Enix Rips Off “Inazuma Eleven”

inazuma-vs-samurai-1

Square Enix have been accused of blatant plagiarism for publishing “Samurai Eleven,” a football game which bears more than a striking resemblance to Level-5’s popular “Inazuma Eleven” series.

“Samurai Eleven”:

logo-1

inazuma-vs-samurai-1

“Inazuma Eleven”:

logo-2

inazuma-vs-samurai-2

As usual, just to what extent this can be brushed off as chance similarity or used as to sustain a damning accusation of shameless plagiarism is a matter of individual judgement, though the level of similarity in naming and presentation is such that Square Enix can hardly have thought parallels would not be drawn.

The game itself is just a worthless text based free-to-play/pay-per-item mobile-phone game of the sort Japanese are apparently willing to tolerate as no-one else is.

screens-1

screens-2

Comment by Lannando
    08:27 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

After:
    I love the Square soft games.
    I love Enix games

Scuare enix was created.

Now:
    Square enix sukxz

Do i m the only one that see what go wrong?

Comment by Zwars
    10:28 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

and I just tought that Inazuma Eleven was a spin off of Blue Dragon

Comment by Zwars
    10:04 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I second that Square was really good since Square Enix only few games were good, rest sucks, btw I tought Inazuma eleven was a digimon/dragon ball spinoff, look the character design who rip off first?

Comment by Niwa
    11:31 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

oh how the mighty have fallen,

by that I mean fallen fast and hard.

08:01 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

oh, wow! Triangle complex bashing FF/SE that's new. I don't even see it. haters gonna hate

06:05 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

for me SE died when the creator of FF left the company sr sakaguchi

SE in west= bad quality, doesn't listen the consumer, copy paste, more lazy and lineal stories

SE could collapse soon

sugh they rape the good games of lara croft...

05:47 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

oh look, it's captain planets brother in the top right corner

06:12 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Guys, guys. It's cool.

We still have Last Story! :D

12:13 01/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I wonder why people still regards Sakaguchi very highly and put that much faith in his every upcoming games, when none of the games he brought forth post-Square brings anything new to the table.

Comment by Majineko
    07:29 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

seriously. is this news or a waste of time?

06:58 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Comments: "FUCK YOU ENIX YOU SUCK RAEG >8("

My Comment: Gee, the word "Eleven" in the title. Of course it's in a soccer title. That's what makes a soccer team! Putting it in the title makes a soccer title more interesting and eye-catching, you know? Get over it.

Meanwhile, all of you are complaining about "similarities" that can't even count as being that similar at all, let alone being in plagiarism territory.

Just an excuse to rip on the company who made it...

06:34 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

SQUARE SUCKS

ENIX STILL RULES

DQ FTW

12:55 29/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I must be blind or racist, because I don't see the similarities at all (either with the characters or the titles).

Comment by Daiyousei
    16:29 29/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't see Vegeta in the mobile game, or the Destruction Bus. Can't be a ripoff...

03:51 29/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Aside from being about soccer and a slight resemblance in the logo, there's hardly any resemblance at all. The characters look nothing alike.
    Though, I'm saying this knowing nothing of Inazuma Eleven, but just looking at it, I hardly see a rip off.

I mean, if Square Enix wants to make crappy games, complain all you want, but at least complain about things that are valid.

02:05 29/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh Squeenix. You so crazy.

15:13 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

FFXII is ripped from Skies of Arcadia
    FFVII is ripped from Phantasy Star
    And now this...

Comment by PrinceHeir
    14:15 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

damn it square get your act together for once.

18:13 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Aside from being soccer game, what's the similarity?

18:08 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I have no hate for Square Enix..I'm fine with their games =)

02:07 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm confused.... where's the plagiarism?

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    03:49 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

All I see are similarities...

Like the name-brand products and the lesser ones sitting next to them in the aisles of a store...

But man, 11 people..? I don't know if it's a coincidence or intentional...

Similar to Sonic having 7 Emeralds and turning Super Sonic...

To Dragonball's 7 Dragonballs and Gokou Turning Super Saiyan...

Even today, people still compare the two...

Comment by Drauger
    04:28 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Its 11 people cause in soccer u need 11 people on each team to play, thats why konami soccer game its named winning 11

02:02 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Tell me... where did we go soo wrong?"

02:01 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Super Mario RPG > FFXIII

Stupid Enix.

Comment by Dosky
    02:10 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's a masterpiece :D

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    03:45 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

F*CK YEAH, CULEX!!!

Comment by Dummy00001
    07:42 29/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Boss fights and the battle animations are what makes me yawning in console RPGs. What the fun watching the same animation over and over and over and over and over again? The boss battle contains 2/3 of what I dislike in the games. The remaining 1/3 is the fact that one can't save during the dialogs. And oh my in the JRPGs they are like never ending. I do like story/etc, but the fact that you can't skip them/you can't save during them/you can't check the content of the dialogs later make the story side of games totally not worth attention.

I have a Mario RPG on DS and it is easily worst $40 spent/worst of all RPGs (admittedly I'm a PC gamers) I have ever played.

02:37 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

People need to get off Squares nuts. Leave em alone

Comment by Drauger
    02:41 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Square needs to get off people nuts and stop destroying good games sagas.

And no we're not leaving em alone britney.

Comment by Drauger
    02:24 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think stuffs for squareenix went down since ffx2, that been said i dont see the rip off here, u could said Izuma eleven its ripin off any soccer game sim or anime, and being honest i like more the character design of samurai eleven, but no matter what squareenix still sucks now.

Comment by starsplash
    02:12 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Like all mobile phone games, this sux donkey balls.

02:00 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Am I blind or something? Beyond that name I don't see any similarities at all =/

04:02 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You are not alone, there are no similarities I can see either, other than the name and the fact you need 11 people to play football...

18:01 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You, Sir, either are blind or lack judgement. Pick your handicap.

While it looks like an arranged copy pasta, hope they can come up with at least one clever addition

Comment by Megidola
    01:39 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't think the similarity is strong enough to call this plagiarism, it's more like Square Enix drawing "inspiration" from other series.

03:41 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This Football game is a TOTAL rip off.
    Everything about it Looks JUST like something kids play in Japan called サッカー

It's played with 11 on each side, you can only use your feet, even the ball looks similar.

I can't believe they would make a game so similar to this game that already exists in real life.

What are they going to do next? Make a game about Dating?

05:06 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't you mean soccer?

Silly anon.

Comment by Takumi
    09:05 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@Anonymous 05:06

Go play your hand egg, football is what the rest of the world calls it.

08:39 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

yes, yes he did mean soccer...

Comment by カンチ
    01:26 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What's funny is that both the Inazuma 11 titles got the greenlight for us. I hope they add online to the first title. The games are very well done and fun.

Comment by Kai-kun
    01:24 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What did you expect? It's Square Enix... lol

Comment by Shippoyasha
    16:18 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Inazuma Eleven + Level 5 = Classy, classy, classy

Samurai Eleven + Square Enix = _________________

You fill in the blanks.

05:03 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

lol i though they used those guys to create FF13 characters... just look @ nigger!

Comment by Njrg
    01:35 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Kinda sad that a year ago (Pre-FF13) everyone love Square Enix.

Now SE is synonymous with lazy, copypasta, plagiarism, low/china-quality, cheap, ect...

Comment by Dummy00001
    07:58 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I have seen bunch of SE games and liked none of them. Though I admittedly am not a console gamer - I'm not used to put up with the /traditions/ and waiting hours and hours for when it start to be /good/.

No save/load. Endless dialogs. Endless grinding. Unskippable cut-scenes. Endless grinding. Forgettable stories/heroes. Endless grinding. Mostly messed up battle systems - and messed up just for sake of being messed up oops sorry - to be different. And of course endless grinding - because one is always too weak to defeat next boss.

Comment by Hero of Koridai
    05:57 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I jumped on the hate wagon as soon as Enix bought them. Didn't take FF13 for me to realize they suck balls.

07:09 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Even since Squaresoft partnered with Enix, it's been downhill. SquareEnix sucks dicks. Anyone with talent left the company, to form their own studio.

21:46 25/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

PPl love SquareSoft more than Square Enix. Before SE, SS had many great A list games. Post SE, there's just DQ (which doesn't really count if you want to compare specifically Square products) while the FF franchise is looking more like a milk-n-throw-away. FFX was good because most of the big guns were still around. Now is just sad with Hironobu Sakaguchi leaving to create his own empire, and a good chunk of old Square team left to create the abomination you know it as XenoSaga.

SE has already sealed the fate of Front Mission with a canon shooting game and mortally wounded the FF series; now they are gonna make another Parasite Eve game

Comment by Lonesnipa
    01:40 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck that, my love for Square enix never existed. FFX-2 made sure of that. Square soft sure. Square enix can go fuck itself for making that game though.

Comment by MasterYuke
    08:30 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I read 'football' then saw it was about soccer rather than American football...

we also don't use metrics here. America confuses the fuck out of me...

08:02 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@Bigali Considering Enix was just a publisher before the merger (Squaresoft was both), I'd say you're right in that assessment.

09:18 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

FF X-2 isn't real.
    It's just a story made up by our parent to scare us.

10:03 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a good thing I'm a fan of horror stories then :D

10:29 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Only spoiled children actually consider their stuff as nothing but 'shit.' They've done some great games recently. I liked the Square stuff better too, but to just call everything for the last seven years 'shit' is childish, ignorant, stupid, and just plain incorrect. You couldn't in your wildest dreams come close to their 'shit.'

10:19 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@Anon 6:30

"Fair weather"? Oh yeah, SquareEnix has merely been shit for it's first seven years. Clearly it's just a short phase they're going through...

05:39 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

X-2 is a lenghty fap material.

Not that I'm complaining.

06:30 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Jesus... such fair-weather fans... yeah, they've made some mistakes in the recent past, game developers aren't stupid, even if the management and publishers sometimes are.

All their in-house games have been of great quality for the time in the past even if you didn't like them for your own personal reasons. Now Sankaku's just trolling for any reason to bash them and hurl that meat to the wolves. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

We don't blame EA every time one of the hundred or so companies they consumed does a shitty game... even if we should.

11:47 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

To be fair TWEWY is my favorite game on the ds. But other than that, I can count with one hand the number of games SE has completely won me over with that isn't a port or remake.

07:06 29/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

And there it is again, because none of the previous games have been 'bad' they just haven't achieved your expectations. Everyone is judging recent games on childhood memory and awe. Nothing, NOTHING will ever reach that level again for you, and unless you accept that, you're going to constantly be judging things based on the mind of a young adult. Several aspects of 6 and 7 were excellent, but that doesn't mean that XII and XIII were crap. They were different, plain and simple. They didn't rub you the right way, but that doesn't make them crap.

It's right back to that bullcrap of there being no scale for people between 'epic' and 'shit' because everyone is judging things based on their childhood without any chance for reprieve. Nobody will ever be happy ever again if they can't recognize a game's faults while enjoying it for what it is. If you can't do that, all you do is waste your money and your life for the purposes of bitching with the rest of the mindless crowd.

05:56 29/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm waiting for Kitase to come back to directing. He directed FF6, FF7 and Chrono Trigger. FF12 was directed by the guy who did Tactics but he quit mid-game so it ended up only half good. I haven't cared about anything since 7 so I'm quitting the series till they get some better directors.

Aside from that, I think it's not that we are all "square sux" because it didn't meet our expectations... It's just that everyone is realizing the recent games have been bad, like the Star Wars sequels... and we will never hear the end...

03:59 29/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Considering FFX2 from production to completetion was done in only one year compared to 4 or 5 years like FFX or FFVII it was a decent game.
    FFXII sucked I didn't want to play a FF version of Star Wars story.

03:12 30/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Their good games sense becoming Square Enix
    Kingdom hearts 2
    FFXII

List complete.
    Twelve was great
    and kingdom hearts 2 was a good play though short as hell.

And my argument for 12 is the hunts!
    I loved the hunts system so much that I forgave the stories flaws.I actually liked the licensing system and the huge exploritive world.

If i had to gripe about something in 12
    itd have to be the question
    "That dude with the glasses,why wasnt he more important?"
    they set up that guy to seem mysterious and important and I can tell you know to have that guy on my team penelo and Vann can leave.

(Say hurray for larsaXbaltheir

14:11 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

They shouldn't have to 'completely' win you over, because that's utterly impossible to do. What I'm sick of is whiny idiots considering all games either 'epic' or 'shit' with no variance in between. All they are are spoiled little children, regardless of how old they are. For example, FFXIII and FFX-2 both have very good qualities about them, yet everyone throws them out because they didn't meet THEIR expectations. They expected another FF7 or some such crap, and it's their own fault they're disappointed because they didn't play the game on what it was, not what they wanted it to be.

Comment by Riiku
    23:21 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Ah yes, Rikku.... so love her, my cute little Al Bhed

02:06 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

SQUEENIX SUCKS!

Comment by starsplash
    02:11 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey come on... Rikku and Yuna were beyond hot.

Comment by Kwonnie
    03:55 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

XII was only -okay- but it definitely was not nearly as dissapointing as X-2. Since that game my love for Square has been plummeting as much as anybody on this site.

04:18 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I liked it better when Square Enix was Squaresoft.

Comment by Bigall
    02:59 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Square-enix lost it's gaming developers soul a long time ago. Now they are just salesman...

It's not even disappointing, as this point this is the best that you can expect from a company as Square-Enix.

Comment by Schrobby
    02:46 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

A phone game. Reminds me of Persona...
    Is this the future of FF? Do not want.

03:47 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

FF went downhill for me when they started making mmos

01:41 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well duh...

That is the way they've been heading for, and despite the people pointing it out, they just kept at it.

Comment by makkun
    01:42 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Everyone loves SquareSoft, not SquareEnix.

02:04 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Loved, stop to love SquareSoft, it's dead damn that hurt i'm BWUHAHAHA T.T

Comment by Kai-kun
    01:48 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You sir / ma'am speak the truth.

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    02:45 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Duplicate response due to page reloading, ignore this...

02:52 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think people will come to accecpt it. Affter all when was the last time people really got up in arms about a Tolkien-esk fantasy game?

If someone said that a fantasy european setteing was the domain of one person and no one is ever aloud to emulate it, would that not upset poeple more?

So I do not have a problem with this.

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    02:45 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I will never forget SquareSoft for all the great Final Fantasy games with anime girl armpit exposure from Tifa and Yuffie(FFVII) to Rikku and Yuna(FFX)...

And for influencing a ridiculous amount of hentai artists to make doujins out of those titles ranging from straight, to futa, to birthing monsters, to guro executions...

*wipes his drool and clears throat*

SquareSoft died, but rose from the ashes...

Unfortunately, the phoenix that rose from it was not the phoenix we know and loved...

As can be seen by the quality of the games now...

*sighs deeply*

Lastly...From the bottom of this Guro Fiend's heart, I also thank SquareSoft for giving us Einhander...

Stage 4 Boss, Sturmvogal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSjnMQ11ahQ&feature=related [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSjnMQ11ahQ&feature=related]

And Parasite Eve...

Sheeva Boss transform and fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D93Sn9QkY9Q&feature=related [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D93Sn9QkY9Q&feature=related]

Two of the most awesome things to hit PS1...

03:22 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Nope, always disliked Square Enix

Comment by Abel Liegod
    02:54 28/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I can only ask myself WTF HAPPENED WITH SQUARE?!
    I used to love it so much that i even wanted to get a job there but now this dream became a nightmare that i dont wanna have!
    Anyway i still have hope that SE will go back to what it once were...