Japanese women have indicated that they are particularly reluctant to date men with a “mother complex” – a mother’s boy. The below ranking indicates how they intend to spot one.
The “mother complex” (abbreviated “mazacon”) term may be a Japanese invention, but the concept it identifies is familiar internationally as a “mother’s boy” – an adult man who is overly attached to or preoccupied with his mother, a common source of concern to female partners.
1. He’s always messaging his mother
2. He’s always bragging about his mother
3. He’s always talking about his mother
4. He always compares the food he cooks unfavourably to his mother’s cooking
5. He prioritises the opinions of his mother over those of his lover or wife
6. His clothes were bought for him by his mother
7. If he has any problems, he immediately goes to his mother for advice
8. He’s always getting calls from his mother
9. His underwear was bought for him by his mother
10. He’ll only date women his mother approves of