Top 10 Types of Guy You’d Like to Date

saizensen-kun-advancing

A ranking of the types of man Japanese women would like to try dating suggests most would like to be hunted down and ravaged like lambs, whilst the least popular choice of man should by now come as no surprise.

The ranking:

1. Carnivorous guys (5124 votes) [the opposite of a herbivorous man]

2. Sporty guys (2398 votes)

3. Bespectacled guys (1627 votes)

4. Herbivorous guys (1377 votes) [a detailed description can be found here]

5. “Iku-men” (1217 votes) [men who take an active and equal interest in childcare – the “iku” is a pun on the character for “rearing,” “育” or “iku,” and the long established slang “ikemen,” meaning a handsome man]

6. Science guys (1176 votes)

7. Sweet-tooth guys (977 votes) [men with an enthusiastic liking for sweet things]

8. Bento guys (968 votes)

9. Other guys (913 votes)

10. Otaku guys (381 votes)

Comment by iori246
    15:57 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I am none of that on the list

Comment by Dia
    20:31 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What the hell. They don't just want us to cook, now they want us to take care of the children too? Women have gone nuts!

22:09 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I pray to God you won't have a family. Seriously.

Comment by Shuubi
    21:13 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

...so you think it's not cool if a father actually acts like a father?
    Alot of japanese men just work all the time and never have time to play with their kids. I dont know about you, but I think its pretty important for a kid to spend time with both their mother and father. So it's little wonder that the idea of a man that is 'good with kids' has become such a popular idea with Japanese women, since it's something a lot of western people would take for granted.

Comment by Dia
    01:03 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The definition given was "equal interest". I doubt you see that happening anywhere in the world.

Comment by Shuubi
    20:23 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

...again, why shouldnt a father have an equal interest in raising his own damn kids? Unless you want so many more generations to grow up all emo and "MY FATHER NEVER LOVED ME!!!1"

17:56 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The carnivore guys are those with the rat-race status, wealth and power. After that it seems like second priority for these women is good looks and then lastly personality.

04:49 28/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

"Where are all the good men at?"
    Now we know what they mean when they say that.
    Look good, and have money. You can be abusive, cheat, and be an all around bad person. That's apparently what they want.

Meanwhile I am looking for a girl who's a sweetheart. I don't care if she's poor, in debt, "ugly", or "out of shape". I just want to make someones day better for the rest of their life. Sadly sweethearts no longer exist...

Great world we live in... Smh.

17:51 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm a vegetarian >_<

18:36 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is fucking hilarious, pathetic weeaboo's butthurt over the cool guy taking their wimminz away.

04:44 28/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

You are here aren't you? =)
    Guessing your girl got taken by a "cool guy"?

13:20 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

WTF! Otaku actually got 381 votes??? I could be wrong but assuming that 1 out of every 10 super hardcore otaku like real women, these 381 votes will make 1 out of every 10 otaku cry tears of joy.

14:46 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

They won't cheat on you... not counting 2d.

13:50 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

well at least there are 10 male options, with women every option is only a variant on the same "bitches"

Comment by softbanker
    11:26 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I guess I be having hands full when I visit Japan ^^

Comment by Dirty_Dingus008
    11:23 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This of course raises the question of "if" said Otaku-guy be a filthy Rich guy.. perhaps like the one pictured (possible). Would said wenches be on all it for the cash?

Comment by Usagi-sempai
    11:26 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Here's a brief translation and insight onto what kind of women are into those types.

1. Carnivorous guys- Translation: Controlling, aggressive, possibly abusive.
    Women who want this: Weak, insecure, sheepish, and possibly masochistic.
    2. Sporty guys- Translation: Douchebag jock.
    Women who want this: Vain, popularity and image obsessed women. Interested in the status of having a good looking trophy boyfriend.
    3. Bespectacled guys- Translation: Megane guy.
    Women who want this: They're interested in this type because they want a smart looking guy (Because if they were smart they'd know not everyone with glasses is smart). They have a megane fetish. Or are possibly a gold digger due to the fact intelligent men tend to have higher paying jobs.
    4. Herbivorous guys- Translation: Weaker willed, will go with the flow.
    Women who want this: Controlling women who want to impose their will on their boyfriend, possibly sadists. Or if they're innocent, they seek an easy going guy who will be nice to them and listen to them.
    5. “Iku-men”- Translation: Nice guy type.
    Women who want this: Naive girls who want a nice man that is handsome and they would want to marry. Definitely on the more innocent end of the spectrum.
    6. Science guys- Translation: Smart guys.
    Women who want this: Women looking for an intelligent person to converse, have fun with, and relate to. Though possibility for gold digger are high here.
    7. Sweet-tooth guys- Translation: Cute and innocent type.
    Women who want this: Girls who want someone who is friendly and that they can relate to. Wanting someone sensitive and who will treat them well. Usually interested in more light relationships for fun and a good time.
    8. Bento guys- Translation: Guy who can cook and do other domestic tasks.
    Women who want this: Girls who want to be taken care of and be spoiled a bit.
    9. Other guys- Translation unnecessary.
    Women who want this: Girls who didn't like any of the categories, couldn't decide what they wanted, or girls who realize it's stupid to decide your boyfriend by a vague stereotypical "type".
    10. Otaku guys- Translation unnecessary.
    Women who want this type: Female otaku. Or women wanting security because they pretty much know an otaku wouldn't cheat on them or leave them for another women (another 3d woman at least).

Personally I think it's stupid to pick a boyfriend by some vague type. I think I'd want a guy who has similar interests to me, is decently attractive, and someone I can generally relate to and rely on emotionally. So I'd probably vote other or otaku. But then again that might be why I'm single TT^TT

13:29 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Great job with the translation. I actually feel some moe for you. Haven't felt that in the last decade or so....

13:51 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Translation to this whole translation thing: I am a butt-hurt otaku so I am trying to find excuses why women don't want me.

Grow up, have a spine, get a decent job so you can improve your lifestyle, stop fapping to 2D representation of women. That's how you get respect from your peers.

15:54 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Otaku telling otaku on what to do

lulz

17:02 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Except this "otaku" has a girlfriend, stable job, has a social life, and is being respected by the people who's under him and above him.

13:10 08/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Someones trolling ^

13:36 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol, truth hurts aint it?

Comment by Usagi-sempai
    19:13 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@13:51 Who ever said I was a man? :P I'm merely giving my insight onto what I've observed from other girls. I don't think very highly of them when they pick jerks over good guys half the time. Don't get me wrong I don't only despise a large percentage of women, there are a lot of the douchey guys that I can't stand. Sir/ma'am, it's not wise to judge with out knowing the least about me or my lifestyle. You just like to judge people to make yourself feel superior. Next time promptly stfu.

Comment by Kyousuke
    04:59 28/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

This post is super old so I apologize for this incredibly late comment.

I'm right there with you on that. I'd like to find a girl who has similar interests with me. Decently attractive would be a plus. I'd like to lean on someone emotionally, and feel safe enough around them that I could fall asleep near. If she labeled herself as an otaku I definitely would be interested though because that's the right track to possibly having the same interests. Although... My interests most likely aren't reciprocated by any females. I'll be single forever. xD Hahaha.

13:59 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Where the hell are the 381 women that would date otaku and why haven't I met one yet??

14:47 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Holy shit, I'm all of the top 3. xD

14:49 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"For those wondering, “otaku” is of course dead last, there being no more than 10 options offered."

How unfortunate for practially every single guy on here.

14:11 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I laughed my ass off, the moment I saw the picture for this article. I lol every time.

14:45 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He's on a gallant and adventurous mission, now, so don't put him down! Goodness gracious, the man's a fighter!

Comment by Shuubi
    21:10 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

To this day, I want to know so badly what he's LOOKING at. I guess we'll never know.

Or will we?

Comment by Castronaut
    14:09 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm six of those!

Seven if you let me count nine!

Comment by Elliot
    10:28 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmm...somehow i felt this is valid although the validity of carnivorous guys topped the herbivores are pretty questionable...

13:32 13/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Some girls are just into vampire stuff.Proudly wearing 'My boyfriend is a vampire' t-shirt.Poor otakus.

Comment by Uncommon0taku
    07:14 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sure I'd date a guy, . . if he were cute like - Hideyoshi.

02:44 11/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, if I ever go to Japan I'll be sure to wear my glasses.

11:50 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

am I the only one surprised that we otakus made it on the list o.O, but am not surprise at number 1....................ladies love them douhebags ha.

Comment by TellTime
    21:07 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I hear a lot of women fall in love with pimps these days.

Don't think you can get anymore carnivorous than that.

12:55 13/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't worry guys, this is not really depressing news because:

1) Most women suck
    2) Most women are ugly
    3) Most women suck
    4) Did I mention that women suck?

Conclusion: Who really cares what most women want.

And yes, I suck too.

12:54 13/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't worry guys, this is not really depressing news because:

1) Most women suck
    2) Most women are ugly
    3) Most women suck
    4) Did I mention that women suck?

Conclusion: Who really cares what most women want.

And yes, I suck too.

12:54 13/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't worry guys, this is not really depressing news because:

1) Most women suck
    2) Most women are ugly
    3) Most women suck
    4) Did I mention that women suck?

Conclusion: Who really cares what most women want.

And yes, I suck too.

20:06 15/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

4, 5, 6, 7 yummy

1 <- wtf no, one of my fears is getting raped. And i haven't met real life tsunderes (yummy tsunderes)
    2 <- i liked a sporty guy first so maybe
    3 <- nah i want my children to have the chance of not using glasses, i use them myself
    8 <- whats that o-o
    9 <- maybe a funny and charming type
    10 <- only if the guy isnt like the one in the pic EKK

Well im not a "normal" woman cuz my first reason for mating in the future is just to have kids (my mother's request), that's why if i don't find the love of my life i will use the services of a sperm bank yay!!! or a male escort but those might have STDs, such a difficult choice

08:46 12/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Apparently it evolutionary genetics or something. The guy who goes around screwing girls and treating them like crap is usually a more successful person and have a better chance of allowing their young to pass on their genes. Or something like that. Confident and assertive people are more likely to take leadership roles I guess; the traits that leads one to being confident though, probably have a lot to do with it as well.

12:54 13/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't worry guys, this is not really depressing news because:

1) Most women suck
    2) Most women are ugly
    3) Most women suck
    4) Did I mention that women suck?

Conclusion: Who really cares what most women want.

And yes, I suck too.

12:54 13/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't worry guys, this is not really depressing news because:

1) Most women suck
    2) Most women are ugly
    3) Most women suck
    4) Did I mention that women suck?

Conclusion: Who really cares what most women want.

And yes, I suck too.

10:48 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Cool, I fit on more than 1 of those categories, including 1 and 5!

Comment by Mikl
    00:50 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

...I fall under five of the above categories. Should I be happy?

00:56 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So the NTR problem men experience is due to a genetic mistake huh? Girls turn themselves into objects to attract the carnivores. Then they complain about being treated as such. But they still ask for more in the end.

21st Century Earth is turning into a hell for making lasting healthy relationships.

21:33 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

As with most survey data, there may be a (small or large) difference between what _SURVEYED_ women _PUBLICLY CLAIMED_ they want, vs what they _REALLY_ want.

06:31 10/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Number seven amazed me. Those 977 really need to meet Needles Kane, he will be the last guy they met.