Sega Finally to Announce Valkyria Chronicles 3?

selvaria-bles-by-sadakage

Sega is on the verge of announcing a new game in the Valkyria Chronicles franchise, widely thought to be the long awaited “true” Valkyria Chronicles sequel on the PS3.

The site is in countdown mode in an effort to build dramatic tension; the character silhouettes are obviously those of a Valkyria Chronicles title:

vc-background

Sega was also recently spotted registering the “valkyria3.jp” domain – further suggesting the title will be the next sequel.

Whilst fans might be tempted to hope for Valkyria Chronicles 3 for the PS3, experience painfully demonstrates that with Sega even the simplest commercial decision can be turned into a painful debacle.

13:28 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Is that a gigantic sword in the middle? It better shoot freaking lasers.

18:09 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Even better, it shoots rockets!

Comment by PrinceHeir
    12:59 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

hell yeah :D

hopefully they implement Camouflage, being able to sneak to the enemy and blending with the surroundings. and weather effects :)

12:56 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The only Jrpg/Srpg I bought this generation was Valkyria Chronicles. Its nerve wrecking trying to keep expectations low. I was blown away and still am. 100+ hours bitches! I refuse to buy the psp game solely on the school setting. That ruined it for me. I miss Selvaria.

Sega better not fuck this up.

Comment by Tateha
    09:56 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

good news. I hope that I will not be disappointed.

09:35 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

its funny how Selvaria is the postergirl, because she probably won't appear on the third Valkyria game.
    I'd love to be wrong though.

10:06 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What is that nonsense of VC 3 being "The real sequel"?,Valkyria Chronicles 2 was a great game and a REAL sequel,excuse me if you don't happen to have a PSP or just wanted it for the PS3,but it was a great game anyway.

Comment by Artefact

It was a spin-off.

16:50 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

like Persona 4?

13:51 03/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

After playing some of VC2, I have to say that they've really piled in the anime cliches, particularly with the spunky hot-blooded hero Naruto...sorry, I mean Avan.

Despite the story so far, it's a really solid game and a worthy successor to the first one. Still, I'd love to see the next one on the PS3.

15:36 07/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fact is, Sega are a useless games company that are now dependent on Platinum Games and the Creative Assembly for survival.

Before you get too excited, bare in mind that most of Sega's development budget goes to the above two third party developers.

If Sega are smart (oh dear) they will release VC3 on PS3 and XBox360, because they need to maximise sales. Whoring out their games is what they should be doing. Capcom does it, so Sega should too.

Oh, and Sega, where is 7TH DRAGON?

17:16 22/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's the right decision for VC3, kids, girls, and office workers loves portable games. P3P and VC2 succeeded in that category.

I know the final installment VC4 (Wrath of the Valkyrians) would be put into PSP2 (Best invention so far by Sony, and a definite upgrade over PSPGo)

12:53 15/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So, the third game Was announced. For the PSP. Ha, ha.

07:45 03/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"SEGA presents Valkyria Chronicles 3 for PS3"...A PSP and a Valkyria Chronicles 2 copy is neccesary for playing.

03:56 03/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sega and marketing...archenemies for life.

On a different note, i never really understood any of their commercial tactics,,if you can even call them that. It's like a sad curse, where they have the potential to come up with something really good, but somehow they'll end up ruining their own success anyway.

VC sequel was a bad, BAD decision altogether, even if the final game could stand on its own feet. The right course would have been to follow up with a true sequel immediately after the first title. Now they have already chased away lots of potential customers and those with a short attention span.

Sega, plaese get rid of your PR and CEO staff. They suck! Let your talented game developers come up with some basic marketing stunts. That would be eternally better.

19:06 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Is that guy(or girl) in middle holding a really fucking fucking big sword?

23:59 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Sega’s original “sequel” to Valkyria Chronicles turned out to be a stripped down PSP version with no direct connection to the original and a hackneyed school setting – Sega later conceded that they felt they had too many male fans, and that if these unwanted fans obediently bought up the sequel they might consider a full sequel."

After spending some time with VC2, I think most would agree it's definitely not "stripped down" - while while individual arenas (levels) may be smaller due to memory limitations, Sega actually made just about every other aspect of the game more robust.

And the school setting is no more hackneyed than the original's fanciful and lighthearted approach to war.

Gotta love inflammatory rhetoric.

Comment by Bowen
    06:49 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

NOICE! This is music to my ears.

Comment by ☆ БОSS ☆
    06:49 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well crap, now I HAVE to finish VC

07:07 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I too was a bit let down with the announcement of VC2 on the PSP, but from reviews it seems it's actually quite good. I'll have to play it myself, but at the very least it gives me confidence that this series can really grow into something even better, don't get me wrong I loved the first but it had limited appeal outside those who were already going to buy it.

Comment by MikuComplex
    14:34 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't get it... what's with all the hating? The PSP is a good console and Valkyria Chronicles 2 is a good game... I have to admit it would have been better to make it for both consoles but I still don't see why people complain so much.

21:20 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I wasn't hating on the PSP or Valkyria Chronicles 2, sorry if it seemed that way. I was merely commenting that it was an unexpected announcement, which left me a bit cautious at the time but I see there was no reason to worry. I loved the first one and will undoubtly enjoy the second one, I also love the PSP and have spent countless hours drumming away with Patapon, and doing whatever the heck you do in Half-Minute Hero, as well as others. That said, I would still rather see Valkyria Chonicles 3 on the PS3.

Comment by mechwarrior
    07:12 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I would love to have this on PC, where shooters and strategy really shine.

Comment by Stangace20
    07:18 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

as long as you update your hardware every year

07:52 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What a false unoriginal comment, you get a cookie.

Comment by Vicious
    06:32 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Aww, i saw the Minipicture and i Thought it was gonna be Bayonetta 2.
    I am Disappoint.

Comment by Arc
    06:31 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's a nice picture at the top.

It sounds nice, but my expectations are low.

17:26 03/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Valkyria Chronicles 2 has gotten lots of good reviews, praise from Valkyria Chronicles fans, and is far from a bad game really...

The fuck are you talking about...? Seriously..

Comment by Dreck
    06:35 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

And my expectations are high :)
    Looking forward to it!

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    18:56 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

*cries happily at the news*

And port VC2 for the PS3 when you have enough funds, SEGA...

...

...

...

*leaves Selvaria Bles explicit waki pictures and runs away*

Comment by Schrobby
    22:56 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm preparing to ride a Valkyria. ^_^

Comment by Shippoyasha
    06:44 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Exactly. I don't get everybody still stuck on the school setting. It looks great, it works in context of the game's story (As in most of the military being depleted, hence military students filling in ) and it is a great PSP game. I can understand the hesitation of a PS3 game going over to a portable. But the quality is through the roof for VC2.

WHY exactly are they still harping on about the 'low quality' of the sequel? That is baffling.

10:19 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah it's totally as good gameplay wise, it has the same huge maps and epic set pieces....oh wait no.

Well it still has the stringent level cap so you win by strategy and not by stats....oh wait no.

Well at least they didnt put in a new class that kills everything in 1 hit and has a huge shield to tank all damage and can remove mines to make it completely unstopable

Comment by alidan
    09:27 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

because they are morons, game play wise, its as good as the original, however i fucking hate playing it on the psp.

story, presentation, voice, are painful at best on the psp version.

Comment by Arc
    06:43 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If your expectations are high, won't you be more dissapointed if it turns out bad?

Eh, screw it. It has guns, a nice art design and a tank. Looks fun.

Comment by Darkrockslizer
    13:37 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well at least this will be on PS3 again. Slowly, all the good games start to get PS3 exclusive these days.

Comment by Gitami
    09:05 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Expect low, get high.
    It would hurt less.

07:39 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm already sold...

Comment by joshua
    07:46 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

all i have to say to sega is: do it do it do it do it lol.

Comment by Striker25
    06:33 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Wonder if part 3 will be PS3 or PSP.

Comment by Schrobby
    22:57 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

PS3 I guess. PSP would blow.

Comment by Jeen
    07:04 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

As long as it's not for iPhones, like that new Persona game eh?

08:30 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

PS3, please! Though I did buy VC2, which really is a good game. I would prefer a larger battlefield. WITH mutiplayer, too.

Very excited. Very excited indeed.

Comment by Shippoyasha
    06:39 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Shame on you Artefact. It seems everybody saw through the facade and saw that the sequel is much better than feared. The school setting isn't all that hackeneyed. It is just a different setting. And the sequel does touch upon the events of the first game and it is more of a spinoff in that the war that is fought in it is of a civil war. And almost all review and gamer inputs says the gameplay has vastly improved and rebalanced.

That said, to me, VC1 was one of the best PS3 games I ever played. VC2 seems to continue that positive trend. VC3 I can only hope is more awesome AAA caliber strategy RPG.

12:12 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

rebalanced to make tech soldier retardedly overpowered, sure

"all gamer inputs" really? all of them? I quite distinctly remember mine and hundreds of others being oh god what is this shit. shame on YOU for posting bullshit lies about how ALL OPINIONS AGREE WITH YOU.

faggot.

Comment by Shippoyasha
    15:03 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sounds like the typical hate I've been hearing about all the time. VC1 was MUCH more unbalanced with the Scouts and yet it is still one of the best games I have ever played. I just find it funny that people go from the PSP status down to nitpicking the gameplay balance in order to bash VC2. I'll enjoy the hell out of it so if you have to absolute hate on it, don't play. Not my business.

16:25 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes because scouts could kill tanks and multiple enemy troops in a single swipe while taking minimal damage from every kind of attack.

The only reason scouts were "overpowered" in VC1 is because of people abusing a bug in the game where the double movement potential gives you a full movement bar on the second move instead of the reduced movement it should have.

If you cant see the difference between abusing the system and the systerm being set up stupidly to begin with you're a fucking idiot and not fit to have an opinion on strategy games, fuck off and grind stats in some korean garbage.

Comment by Shippoyasha
    17:07 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You know Anon, it'd be a bit easier to comprehend what you're even saying if you can't just take a deep breath and not aim to cuss off someone else as a valid way to argue anything.

I never said VC2 completely fixes the balance nor did I say VC1 wasn't bugged either. I can still live with those gameplay unbalances and still have fun. That's the gist of my point. Would it be great if they are perfectly balanced? Yes.

But we are not talking about StarCraft or anything where it's played competitively here. Calm down. I'm not gonna badmouth you just because you are to me.

Comment by Shippoyasha
    15:13 03/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Right. YOU are the one being 'insulted' here....... Right. Just read what you just wrote. I'm not even going to try here.

06:20 08/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Anon You get tech soldiers from the very beginning of the game (aside from the first training missions.) Maybe you should try playing it sometime.

21:06 02/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You'd have a hard time insulting me since I'm not the one posting lies.

But maybe I should take your method of posting and say every single person IN THE WORLD all of them agrees with me.

I bet you havent even got a tech soldier yet and you're just being clueless