persona-child-abduction-by-tonkotsu-ramen

Nearly half of the men asked whether they would help a needy child said they would be too scared of being branded a paedophile to do so.

The survey, conducted by a UK charity, found 44% of men questioned reported they would be too scared of the potential for being branded a child molester or kidnapper to help a child.

On top of this a third of both men and women would be afraid of the child itself, in case it became violent or abusive, a realistic fear for many in the UK’s rotten inner city areas.

38% of parents with young children also reported they believed it was “common” for children to be snatched off the streets by malevolent strangers, suggesting the fears of men are far from groundless.

Throughout much of the world it seems public and police both increasingly presume any contact, no matter how innocent, by an adult male with a child other than his own to be nascent child abuse, a presumption sometimes extended even to daughters.

Comment by Mega Oppai Lover
    08:00 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

That's just ridiculous cause most of the time the person who does the most harm to the children are the ones who are the closest.

Comment by greenpoint0
    07:03 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Simply put, Mitsumodoe.

07:10 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Believe me, it DOES happen. An close acquaintance of mine got thrown in jail for a whole year on circumstantial evidence because he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. His life is completely ruined now.

Kids are dangerous, DANGEROUS things. If a kid walks into traffic, I'll just keep walking.

07:36 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Story *lights a camp fire* give us the story dare anonymous.

12:05 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sorry, no. It's actually a family matter and I shouldn't spread it around.

Thanks for the passing interest though.

10:07 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm a Brit and I wouldn't hesitate a child or anyone in need for that matter. One time when I was like 7-8 I wandered off from home in the middle of Ainfield (Which is a rough area, of the already quite rough Liverpool). I was trying to cross an incredibly busy road and a middle-age guy with his kid picked me up and dropped me off home. Both my parents and I are still extremely grateful because anything could've happened. This is how it should be.... Not some paranoid society where you can get sued for glancing at someone...

05:33 09/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That was then, This is now
    Somehow along the way people have lost their common sense and replaced it with paranoia and a case of the stupids.

13:40 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

People have been pointing this out for YEARS AND YEARS! I've been pointing it out since 1998 at least.

Comment by Kwonnie
    13:45 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hell, I'd be scared too. I don't blame them. I'm not proud of it, and it's rather unfortunate, but I believe I'm justified.

Comment by Striker25
    12:55 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is so true

Comment by Russell
    12:51 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fear of children. Weird and humiliating as it sounds, many men suffer from it.

05:34 09/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fear of children or Fear of being labeled a pedobear for just looking at children.

Comment by Rehceel
    11:12 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

A quote from Doug Stanhope.

"The odds are, nobody wants to fuck your kid. I know you don't wanna hear it- you wanna think your kid is the cause for all the problems- that all the pedophiles are jockeying for position in the schoolyard. Even if you wanted your kid to get fucked, just to prove how ultra-fuckable he is, you probably couldn't make it happen if you sent him out as bait in a catholic school girl outfit, hopping on a pogo stick with no underpants."

Comment by MetalGearFlaccid
    11:51 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sorry, but when saw that image, all I thought was:

"Bitches and whores."

05:04 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

....seriously?

if parents really cared that much for their child/children, would i really have to ask for permission to be able to save said child or children?

it would make you look like a horrible person by not helping the child, but in reality, it's just a matter of taking the lesser of two evils between the outcome - society can label you a pedo or a heartless bastard/bitch

'sorry about that, lady. Your kid coulda been saved, but you just look like a sue-happy type of person.'

(couldn't say judgemental, because who isn't?)

05:10 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why would we want to anyway? They'll probably grow up to be neo-nazis.

05:32 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Is this the world people want ?
    is this the kind of behavior that is tolerated ?
    so what don't help a child in trouble injured or on a death bed because people well brand me ?
    Leave a wondering child into the hands of a monster ?
    Lets a child walk into the streets and get hit by a car because if i stop them am a molester ?
    is this the world feminist, the police and the media want ?
    is moral panic so bad that people rather have a child be harm then let a male help them ?

theres your equality, heres your perfect world, all I have to say is this,

POLICE FUCK YOU, FEMI NAZIS FUCK YOU, MEDIA FUCK YOU AND PARANOID PUBLIC I GIVE YOU THE BIGGEST FUCK YOU!!

"No good deed never goes unpunished" i guess no good deeds should be done,it does seems like "evil well always win in reality".

Comment by Kei-chan
    06:34 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Thats kind of the way i've seen things lately. People left and right get punished for good things, so its getting to the point of "why do them at all?". Hell i've actually seen the parents of the children arrested because of some morally panicked neighbor (was holding hands with his 3 year old while walking across the street). Fairly soon you wont be able to look after your own children out of fear of some moralfag neighbor with her head up her ass reporting you for some false crime.

06:58 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You know what is really sad about the whole thing is not only moralfags but actual the police that engaging this non-sense, they come in and hale people down to the station, they don't listen to reasoning, they jump at the word "child" and they believe there actually doing justice(when they arrest a guy for any contact with a child), which make things even more shameful.

Heres the question of the day:-
    "Do the police apologize to people they harass after stupid reports like these ?:-

10:02 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I heard of one news report of a man who was thrown in prison and kept there for 20 years only to be proven innocent! Its just sad really...

05:31 09/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't mind that the Police investigate these situations, what I don't agree with is the heavy hand tactic and the "Guilty before Innocent" mentality.

That and the lack of professionalism.

The police system really needs an overhaul.

03:45 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Course men are afraid. When helping a young child can end your life, how the hell can you not be afraid? Kids will get hurt, and some will probably die because a nearby fellow who could've helped is to afraid to do so. I wonder how many women are scared to help a child.

13:55 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Already have. A man in my hometown saw a little girl drowning but wouldn't jump in the water to save her, even though he had lifeguard training, because he was afraid of this. This was 6 years ago.

He was not shy with telling the police why he wouldn't help the child either.

That was when my hometown started to turn against this 'think that a adult is automatically a child rapist' bullcrap.

04:26 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I know from my own experience the kind of labels that get put on men. I helped a little girl who fell off of her bike one time. I picked her up off the ground and walked her back home. I didn't think anything of it as this was a family friend. Next thing I know I'm getting treated differently by the family. They keep their kid away from me as much as possible. It makes me sick. You just can't show any sort of compassion for a child that isn't yours without being branded a weirdo.

05:03 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's really unfair, you were just trying to help the girl :/

05:14 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, and the worse part is that once so labeled it's pretty much impossible to get rid of it. Rumors start to spread, and before you know it the whole community thinks you are creepy, even though you never did anything wrong (and on the contrary, actually did something noble). It can get to the point where the only solution is to move.

I'm reluctant to even talk to kids that live near me, for fear of someone thinking I'm suspicious. I've already got two strikes against me, being 30+ and single, and still living with my parents. Society at large, I suspect, already considers me weird - the last thing I need is someone thinking I'm a pedo.

It's really heartbreaking, too, because I like kids and get along well with them. When I was a teenager and college student I tried to be a good mentor to the younger kids and teenagers, and was more popular with them than I was with my peers. Now that I'm older, though, I just don't dare be around them.

Society pushes this, to: when I was a teenager in 4-H, the organization was already counseling adult leaders that they should avoid ever being alone with a child that wasn't their own - more for reasons of liability than fear of actual pedophiles. Other organizations do the same, as most anyone who's been a camp counselor or Scout leader can attest. As such, I don't think this attitude on the part of men in general is entirely unjustified. If people with whom a child's parents have become familiar can't be trusted, then how can a stranger, even if the actual fact is that most abuse comes at the hands of near relatives?

In fact, our whole society has made "CYA" ("Cover Your Ass") the first principle in most every area of life, not just this one. We've become so litigious that no one dares do anything generous out of a fear of being sued if it goes wrong.

It sucks that society has gotten that paranoid. It's not like this is a new problem (my grandmother, for instance, had a "funny" uncle when she was a kid, with whom she learned to not be alone). For some reason, we've reached the point where we suspect everyone, though, and particularly anyone who doesn't completely conform to our concept of "normalcy" (which has, in practice, gotten conflated with "average").

13:43 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, that is what we are going to keep on getting until society realizes that pedosexuality is a NORMAL sexuality. We are moving towards that, and I recently had something like this faggotry happen and my friends and family came over and LAMBASTED the lady in question, because I kept her stupid 3 year old from taking a 2 story drop onto a hard floor!

21:57 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's not anything that should be seen as "normal." I wasn't arguing that at all. The problem is that people see pedophiles everywhere, even where they aren't.

I'm not sexually attracted to kids, and find it most disturbing that some are. My problem is that a lot of people might jump to the conclusion that I do, based on stereotypes and misunderstandings.

The solution isn't to normalize pedophilia, it's to recognize that someone can enjoy spending time with kids and care about them without having ulterior motives. The problem is that society sees sex at the bottom of everything, thanks in large part to the perennial popularity of Freud in pop-psychology.

05:28 09/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This probably why you do not find many male teachers in the prek-k programs.

The idea of a male teacher with young children seems strange and thoughts of "He must have ulterior motives" run amok.

Comment by Bronxdragon
    05:50 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I would be afraid to help little kids too you know death by torn rectum doesn't sound to nice especially after watching the court destroy my life first.

06:36 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I see a Nanako

06:55 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I see an Adachi >3>

Comment by Dia
    06:44 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Understandable, with all the mass naked children events that have happened recently.

06:15 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The only way I would help a kid is if he would be in a very serious need for help. I'm not gonna risk getting branded as a pedophile just because I helped a kid that got lost.

Comment by Manji88
    10:10 09/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Like most here, I avoid all dealings with kids due to the insane hysteria and "guilty until proven innocent and probably not even then" attitude these days. I suppose there are situations where I'd feel compelled, simply as a decent human being, to assist a kid. I'd have to face one to decide.
    But it's just getting loonier. After I finished walking my dog in the park a few months ago, I grabbed a coffee and sat down on a park bench to drink it. Usually I sit at the other end of the park where the view is nicer, but there was a nasty cold wind so I sat over by the playground. About ten minutes later a cop shows up, and tells me I can't sit there. It seems the city had passed a law stating that unless you are the parent of a child in the playground, you have to stay 75 feet away. The cop did seem a little embarrassed about it, but he said that once a complaint comes it he has to act on it.
    Asshole soccer moms.

13:27 09/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

if people are so scared to even help children anymore, that means that eventual people are not going to help people at all.

Comment by steven
    13:52 09/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

dam wtf thats really crazy this world is getting better .... by he day people are retarded.

14:53 09/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So you are a child, you're lost, you're afraid : Just die on you're way!Damn!

17:49 09/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I have no words for this ...

06:37 31/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Now perform this same survey for Japan... and see how high that half goes.

04:24 20/05/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Watching episode 10 of Shigofumi definitely reminded me of this article. Sad thing is that the single 32-y/o unemployed male character genuinely cared more (in a non-sexual way) for the girl than her mother or any of her female relatives, who were content to let her sit in a corner playing GBA while they gossipped and went to ninja restaurants. So I wasn't surprised at what happened when the long arm of the law started reaching his way.

14:30 12/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Admittedly, I'd hesitate. I'd end up helping the kid but not before I consider what could happen if I do. Knowing how people overreact I probably wouldn't make it into jail alive. I don't know what would be worse, a distressed boy or distressed girl. Either way it looks bad and I lose.

15:22 11/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Two things you don't do in Japan.

1) Have any interaction with children.
    For fear of being falsely arrested as a pedophile.
    2) Be within a 20ft radius of a female on a train.
    For fear of being falsely arrested as a rapist.

Welcome to Japan, when you're guilty until (rarely) proven otherwise.

04:59 09/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's really sad when you can't help someone out of fear of getting punished for it.
    No good deed goes unpunished?

17:59 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL!!!! This should imply to mitsudomoe's Soujiro Marui. Who's only visiting his triplet daughters and trying to help them and always he gets arrested in every episode. So thus this mean let the loli's die due to this?

Comment by DieHardjagged
    19:03 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, if some loli would need help irl, i wouldnt hesitate, no matter what the costs are.

16:02 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

hide your kids, hide your wife
    and hide your husband
    cuz they're rapin errbody out her

14:18 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm pretty meticulous with a child. Make sure there are other adults around you when you talk with a young girl.

Avoid physical contacts........ use sunglasses if you see one to avoid being branded as a pedophile.

Mitsudomoe is a good example of this situation. I pity the father of those three little devils.

Comment by Kei-chan
    17:18 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Aye, the father in Mitsudomoe is a prime example of this. I often wonder why our society is moving backwards instead of forwards...then i look out my window to watch the stupid people or turn on my tv for the news, and i remember why we are moving backwards all the time.

14:48 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Is that Persona 4? o.O

15:18 08/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Who is going to kidnap ur ugly kids?
    I mean come on ! The answer is NO ONE WILL