A sequel to Bioware’s hit Dragon Age RPG has been announced, indicating more superbly executed if completely staid epic RPG adventures are to be expected.
Some generic details have just been released:
• Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
• Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
• Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
• Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
• Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
Additionally the sequel will star a “a new hero” and will be set in a new part of the world established in the original.
No release date or platform details have been released, but previously Bioware singled out February 2011 as a signiciant date for the series, perhaps suggesting a likely release date.
Once the news of the sequel settles in, the question on the mind of many players will doubtless be “what the hell happened to Morrigan?”
Whether there is further DLC in store for the original or the sequel will be connected to the original somehow in this respect looks set to be the subject of some speculation.