Top 10 Seeds of Jealousy

mio-vs-azusa-by-sk

Japanese men and women asked to rank what makes them jealous of their friends offer up an unsurprisingly materialistic list, with some significant differences between the sexes.

For jealous women:

1. A wide circle of friends

2. Lucky

3. Nice body

4. High income

5. Rich family

6. Cool or cute

7. Nice skin

8. Gift of gab

9. Lovely spouse

10. Popularity

The survey is once again too polite to say “large breasts,” although it can probably be inferred that this is the major component of a “nice body.”

For jealous men:

1. High income

2. Luck

3. Popularity

4. Gift of gab

5. Rich family

6. Good at work

7. A wide circle of friends

8. Clever

9. Lovely spouse

10. Cool or cute

Similar sentiments seem to be felt by both genders, with the very conspicuous exception of the number one spot in both rankings – money and friendships are, not surprisingly, valued rather differently across the sexes.

16:36 21/09/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Ah, but a factor you have to consider is whether they have the need feel jealous at these certain things, and that just opens up all kinds of other variables. That's why I don't like surveys like this, they try to get a quick answer without any thought about method. But hey, if it sells...

Comment by Ben
    16:49 21/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sorry, I forgot to sign in.

Comment by Miroku74
    08:50 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This article just shows (yet again) what sheep and shallow fucks a majority of people are.

The only thing which would've hammered that fact home much harder is if this survey had been an international one... not just in Japan, but anywhere in the developed world.

11:41 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow. I haven't been jealous in such a long time that I've forgot how it feels. I don't see the point in it. Talk about wasted time and your emotions when you could be progressing your life to actually get the stuff you want.

Comment by Sukunai
    12:03 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

1. High income
    Money wouldn't buy the only thing I want (my health back).
    2. Luck
    Actually, I have so much karma luck isn't worth much to me.
    3. Popularity
    I've never known a period of my life where I wasn't popular enough.
    4. Gift of gab
    Hehe I have too much skill at this already.
    5. Rich family
    Again, money matters little to me, although my brother and sister are mostly well off.
    6. Good at work
    Work is for worker types, I'd be an employer.
    7. A wide circle of friends
    Friends are easy considering I already aced popular. And that makes this category redundant.
    8. Clever
    Well I have been tested and I apparently have a high IQ.
    9. Lovely spouse
    She is the other end of the scale, but so what, I'd rather have a good wife than a cute toy.
    10. Cool or cute
    Cool is subjective. I must be farely interesting in order to be so popular that I have a lot of friends. Again this questionarire was clearly not thought out well.
    I'm not cute, but I'd rather be clever given a choice.

13:13 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

pfft... show off....bastard

13:51 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

someone popular in sankaku, I'm so jealous.....

11:38 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's ironic considering how many women out there seem to want a rich husband in japan..

Comment by TheLAG
    11:11 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

4. Gift of gab
    8. Clever
    10. Cool or cute
    Dammit... Damn those bastards that always cut me off mid sentence, with their smarts and their coolness...

At least I'm reputed to be really lucky, so that must grind someones gears, I'm sure.

06:56 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So the Japanese are the unlucky nation, huh?

Comment by GreasyWeeabooVirgin
    06:46 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Neat, I have a lot of things that guys are envious* of. C:

*Can't be jealous of something you never had to begin with. xD

Comment by loplop
    06:21 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

There's always enhancements Azu-nyan . . .

06:26 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

BLASPHEMER! leave our resident loli alone!

Comment by DFC
    12:32 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Whatever happened to being happy and contend with their own lives.

07:36 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm not jealous of any of my friends because I don't have any! Take that losers!

22:57 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

what do they mean by "lucky"? O_o and how can one be jealous of that? "Hmmm, this guy looks lucky to me, I think I'm getting jealous~!!" (well, maybe I don't get it cause I am kindda lucky myself XD, though I don't see how anybody would be jealous on something as relative and as impossible to prove as that....) I personaly get envious of rich or very popular people, whether the are guys or girls. ^^"

Comment by Zsombi
    04:37 24/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

My first would be "Clever", then "Good at work".. if I would have only those two, I would be able to get "High income", and create a "Rich family".
    ...I am not jealous... or rather I don't know how that feels... if jealousy is what I think it is, then I never was jealous of anyone.

Comment by casiopao
    14:37 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Whats wrong in being jealous? With those feeling we will kept feeling enough on everything.

With that jealousy we will able to pump ourself to work harder for our ambition don't we?

Comment by Y10NRDY
    03:27 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I see this as just more reinforcement of how otaku are in such a better place than normalfags. Friends? Really? People are jealous of people with more friends than them? Being cool?

I stopped giving a sh*t about that crap in middle school. Grow up.

06:33 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

As nice as that ideal is, in a society where social standing is the difference between life and death its not really applicable. You can care all you want, but its better to at least maintain a neutral standing than being an asshole or worse.

I agree nonetheless, being cool and all that crap is a bunch of stuff that should have been left back in school.

01:46 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sigh. Is money really all that Japanese people think??

03:44 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What does "Gift of gab" mean?

Comment by darkmind35
    04:46 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

from wiktionary:

The ability to talk readily, glibly, and convincingly.

05:22 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

In other words, "lie convincingly".

It's a skill necessary to be an effective politician or salesperson.

08:52 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The skill to charm the panties off a nun and the underpants off the Pope...

Comment by Miroku74
    08:45 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a skill necessary to be an effective politician or salesperson.

Or an effective slut/gigolo.

06:21 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

well, for the pope you don't have to talk to him at all if your a little boy, his pants just fall off on their own.

Comment by Canadane
    03:42 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I never hold jealousy.
    It's just sometimes a shame I can't get to them first!

03:37 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Going by all the poll posts I've seen on here, Japanese men and women are really similar surprisingly.

Comment by appztetra
    03:35 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Stay as you are! Azu-nyan!

03:36 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

As a guy, I am jealous of how some people ease their way through life better than I do, and I am pro at it.

03:51 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I sometimes get jealous of someone else's abs... if only I had some...

04:03 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Awww Azu-nyan, you're cute like that <3

Comment by Shimikami
    04:05 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't be jealous of Mio's breas Azunyan, your flat chest is perfect as it is!!!

It's sad that almost every woman (who doesn't already have) want large breasts. Instead be happy with what you've got, be happy with who you are!

17:39 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Where are you getting this info? I'm a girl, and none of my female friends give a shit about their boobs. Unless they -are- big, in which case all they do is complain about how big they are and wish they were smaller.

06:24 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You must be lucky then, alot of my female friends do nothing but bitch about their sizes. It gets old after awhile.

05:27 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So should women with big breast with back ache not get a reduction or does your loli mind say that's ok ? Because if it's the latter you would be a liar in what you say, and if the former your ok with girls in pain when they can fix it?

Comment by Domo-Kun
    03:54 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why do you think that "nice body" just means large breasts? Not ALL Asian women are into large breasts.
    My hot skinny Asian A-cup girlfriend had all her chubby friends jealous of her body.

Comment by Schrobby
    04:46 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

They should be. DFC rulez.

03:53 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What the hell is "lucky" ?

07:06 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

winning a lottery ticket or rare items...? getting laid by a loli?

Comment by Miroku74
    08:46 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

How about Lucky as in 'Getting laid by a loli and not getting caught'?

Comment by Miroku74
    11:18 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Nononono..... just making up an example of the term 'lucky'. <_<

I never had that kind of luck, and no, I never shared a cell with a 300 lb. mook named Bubba.

06:22 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You sound like you speak from experience miroku, care to share with the rest of us? hehe.

08:25 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The ultimate excuse. The fact that it's so high on the list makes me sick.

I'm surprised that men value high income higher than women. Maybe the things at the top of the lists are things that make you "get lucky" with the opposite sex.

09:45 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The income bit only makes sense seeing as that's the top requirement to be a "good" husband, right?

Comment by DarkSign
    03:30 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh my beloved Azu-nyan, you don't need to be jealousy because Mio's breasts. Your body is nice this way ^^

Comment by Bastille
    02:59 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Pft. When will women learn to not be jealous of large breasts and love what they have?

08:59 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The moment when all men prefer flat chests over huge knockers.

09:45 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

When will men learn not to be jealous of the size of their penis and love what they have?

11:31 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

When men stop constantly measuring their packages too I guess.

Comment by Atashi
    06:49 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Horrible time finding a ladies' bra that fits, horrible time... Plus it's disconcerting to realize your guy friends are packing more in the chest department than you.

08:50 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow! A real live pettanko! You have a gift there, don't despair, some of us guys like girls like flattops...

Comment by Firaku
    11:53 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Haha! Shallow people must be jelous of me;

I got Luck, popularity, gift of gab, A nak for most things, a wide circle of friends, I got a pretty sharp mind and I'd say I'm cool. And I don't need pointless shallow things like money to be awesome.

01:13 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You loose all credibility when you call yourself sharp and cool.

16:31 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Being smart doesn't make him loose credibility, being cool does.

15:12 07/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

When men don't consider that when looking for a girlfriend...probably never...

Comment by Shanyy
    03:08 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

My first toughts exactly.

I'm mostly jealous of the guys, who are dating the girls I was ambitious of.

Comment by Schrobby
    03:23 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't be jealous of Mio's tits, Azu-nyan! Your DFC is just perfect. ^_^

05:33 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The ability to talk easily with people. Depending on how far you want to make the definition go it can also include convincing others or getting them out of the shells or whatnot through conversation.

05:28 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Gift of the gab is a noun, referred to the ability to talk readily, glibly and convincingly.

04:44 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Does anyone even know what gift of gab is?

Comment by TNinja
    05:01 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm a bit curious about the "cute" part the boys is jealous of, though.

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    03:06 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

When they have large breasts, a wide circle of friends, have luck, a nice body...*insert top 10*

Comment by MasterYuke
    07:03 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I love how the males were jealous of friends with higher income. it was obviously the survey's way of saying "he can actually get a wife"

Comment by BlaqCat
    08:48 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If it's true that wives usually control the income in japanese marriages, one would question whether there was any dignity there anyhow. I mean, seriously, an alotted "allowance" decided by someone who isn't working? lol

Comment by CoreFlood
    10:15 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Going to the argument about bigger breasts for a moment, AND putting aside our own personal interests. For the health of women a "b" would probably be good. I have a lot of female friends who complain about their small breasts and friends with large breasts.

The crowd with the small breasts wants the extra perks that usually comes with bigger breasts.

The crowd with the large breasts are complaining about chronic back pain, poor posture, and a number of other things.

Friends with the... *ahem* larger breasts complain about what the above complain about but with the additional cost for custom bras as each set usually goes around $500+ depending.

Place where I'm living, above a certain cup size the government offers free breast reduction surgery because it's deemed as a health hazard.

My advice to the women out there with small breasts and want more, really think about the downsides too. And if you're that worried about it regardless go ahead and eat as much meat as you want. Can't remember where but I'm pretty sure I read that the chemicals we feed to animals we eat to make them larger work for womens breasts.

Okay... I'm done... dunno why I sort of ranted about that... was kinda bored I guess :P

Let the flame wars begin? :P

Two bits about the actual article:
    I can agree with what's on the list for myself but I can't help but wonder if there are people out there that can put those aside and see past that...

...

...Excuse me while I get the bandages, burst my gut laughing too hard.

Comment by Miroku74
    08:35 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Not without a good enough prenup, he can't. Otherwise, he may as well just drop his account numbers, credit cards, and pay checks for the next some-odd years on the altar along with the rest of his dignity.

21:48 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I wouldn't mind having Azusa over Mio.
    Rather, the DFC is more appealing to me than large breasts.
    "I'd like to see your face thanks. Move those overweight fat balloons away from your face please."

16:29 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You must be pretty short if you can't see her face through her boobs.

15:05 20/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

zing

Comment by Darkrockslizer
    13:37 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Dear CoreFlood,

tl;dr but it seemed it didn't contain any useful information anyways.

04:21 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I like how you assumed that 'nice body' up there was only referring to bigger boobs. Did the accompanying picture get to your head? You'd be singing a different tune if it were a fat woman thinking about a model