Top 10 Qualities of the Ideal Husband or Wife

suiheisen_made_nan_mile-tsuyazaki_kokage-wedding_dress-by-misaki_kurehito.jpg

A survey of Japanese men and women reveals just what qualities it is they seek from a prospective husband or wife; the results may very well not be surprising…

For women:

1. Stable work

2. Kindness

3. Desires children

4. Health

5. Compatibility with your parents

6. Good at housework

7. Saves money

8. Is serious

9. Independent from his parents and family

10. Possesses fortitude

The survey’s wording is too polite to say “he has lots of money” (although other surveys are not so circumspect), so it is reasonable to equate this to the “stable job” requirement.

For men:

1. Kindness

2. Good at housework

3. Desires children

4. Understanding about your work

5. Understanding about your hobbies

6. Healthy

7. Compatibility with your parents

8. Calm

9. Possesses fortitude

10. Doesn’t interfere all the time

Leaving aside the desire for a reasonable personality shared by both sexes, quite a gulf between the expectations of the sexes is evident, with women rather concerned with what their partner will do for them in material terms, and men apparently more concerned with what they can avoid having done to them by their partner.

Comment by alex251
    17:29 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

No 1: has to be 2D :)

19:32 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Only to pathetic otakus like you.

Comment by alex251
    21:05 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

No.2: tsundere :)

17:37 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

All I want is a girl with substance. A pretty face would be nice too. A strong, independent type, I guess. Yeah...

16:35 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Ideal qualities in a wife:
    1. Knows when to STFU.
    2. Can phuck whenever the men wants it.
    3. Can make a damn good sammich.
    4. Cleans up after herself and you.

sadly, no women ever in existence can possess ideal quality #1.

14:43 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I want a girl with a good stable work so I can stay at home doing houseworks while reading sankaku and watching anime :O
    I should've been born a girl lol

Comment by BlaqCat
    14:03 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So...a man being good at housework is more important than saving money, having fortitude, and being independent of his parents? Yea, it's pretty obvious that after the stable job choice, and kindness, they just didn't care how they marked the others...

13:55 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

where is the love ?

Comment by HARDKOAR
    15:32 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

1,4,5,8 and 10 Fucking win!, is it that hard to ask for? how about just 4,5 and 10? can you ladies do just that much for us men?

15:32 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Men want a buddy.
    Women want a slave.
    What else is new?

20:19 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Desires children" is third for both male and female, yet Japan is having issues with its birth rate? Huh.

Comment by jayizdrunk
    05:52 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I get a feeling most of the men interviewed are pussies at best, and most of the women....well they are traditional to say the least.

I won't say much since America has the same problem. But yea at the rate they are going, the Japanese are definitely going to have outsource their sex escapades, because the only thing they seem to hate more than anything else is each other.

16:41 15/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Man... how boring. Both men and women seem to only be thinking about a gray and comfortably uneventful family routine until the end of their days. Where's sense of humour? shared interests? Romance, adventure and fun?

22:48 15/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Those come in your relationships before marriage :D

02:23 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Bullshit. No wonder so many people don't want to marry these days.

11:06 28/11/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Women :
    1. Stable work
    -So I can keep using you as a wallet
    2. Kindness
    -You won't hit me when I use up all your savings for a pair of shoes
    3. Desires children
    -I'll keep getting your money long after you divorce me
    4. Health
    -You won't die so i can keep getting your money
    5. Compatibility with your parents
    - eh i got nothing xP
    6. Good at housework
    - again got nothing
    7. Saves money
    -So I can buy even more expensive things
    8. Is serious
    -Won't bail before I lock him in a marriage with kids
    9. Independent from his parents and family
    -Has nobody to fall back on when the going gets tough so when I divorce him I can get more money!

Men :
    1. Kindness
    -Don't want some bitch nagging on me for everything
    2. Good at housework
    -Got nothing
    3. Desires children
    -I want sex while continuing my family name
    4. Understanding about your work
    -Want to vent anger about the stupid shit I have to deal with at work and someone feeling my pain
    5. Understanding about your hobbies
    -Want to enjoy certain things without being judged
    6. Healthy
    -Shit i just got a girl I dont want her dying on me
    7. Compatibility with your parents
    -Got nothing
    8. Calm
    -A crazy girl isn't good for the long run. I'd rather not have to worry about dying in my sleep or having a random dildo shoved up my ass somewhere in the day.
    9. Possesses fortitude
    -got nothing
    10. Doesn’t interfere all the time
    -Some alone time does wonders, you have time to figure out new things to do with your girl.

Ok I've got it all figured out....I'm never fucking going to japan EVER!

05:47 02/02/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

For Men:
    Kindness
    Healthy

Well thats two things checked off the list

Comment by Demonboy
    02:18 09/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

10: Because no one wants to be called while they're working (unless it's an emergency, which is why you pay attention to the evil Overlord/Empress' list: never shoot down the messenger).
    7: Because on a personal reason, I suck with money. So I wouldn't mind someone who is good with it.
    4 and 5: Who wouldn't want someone in that department? If you want of all people your wife/hubby busting your balls because of the job you like and the things you do to keep stable.
    1: That's a given. We all want someone to love us.
    Everything else: ...Friggin' stereotype wishing.

16:29 15/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, nothing changed over there.
    Women mostly don't WANT to work in a hard hard japanese company's full-time job and rather be housewifes. Pretty sad, but that's the way it seems to be.

Stable work makes sense. I've seen relationships break due to unemployment. And ever tried to give your kids an education without being able to afford it?

13:14 15/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

1 - Anime character
    2 - Anime character
    3 - Anime character
    4 - Anime character
    5 - Anime character
    6 - Anime character
    7 - Anime character
    8 - Flat chestu
    9 - Beautiful pantsu
    10 - Won't run away given her first chance.

Comment by Klingengeist
    23:25 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It shows humans are animals. Its all about breeding.

07:03 15/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

White europeans need to have more kids though, we are a dying race, people are to selfish to have kids these days. The women are feminazis concentrating on their career rather than their human priorities and the men are acting like women, its disgusting.

We are all about breeding, but we are also about instilling values in our children for the future of humanity. Nowadays women hardly concentrate on their children and the children grow up involved in gangs and what not.

Marxist political correctness is anti human.

07:07 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Your missing a key factor, while i don't disagree with what you said, money does play a factor in this. Most average families nowadays are struggling, so its deterring new couples from wanting kids they cannot support. Maybe if the gov't did more to assist people wanting kids, or tried better tactics to fix this economic slump we are all still in then maybe we might actually have a population increase.

I'll have to nit-pick and say, feminazis aren't as concerned with their career as they are with destroying men. Unless they both happen to coincide with one another.

Comment by arararararagi
    23:08 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

whats with the "is serious" for women

serious women is no fun at all

Comment by Dia
    04:16 15/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So, women don't need you to understand them, only fake it.

06:43 15/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

My list:

1. Has no gag reflex.

2. Can still successfully work the stove and cook a decent meal, even with my cock in her ass.

3. has some big titties and a robust and curvacious body.

Thee end.

Comment by DeathCrunch
    12:39 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

6. 2 dimensional.

12:39 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Desires children" is #3? Really? Considering Japan's abysmally low birth rate, I find this hard to believe.

07:02 17/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Desires Children" is the polite way to say "i want sex".

09:04 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

In other words, women want money, men want understanding and moral support.

08:59 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The second highest quality of an ideal wife is her ability to do household? Is he looking for a maid? Yeah, he should just marry one, saves money.

18:32 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If she's gonna stay home anyways, she might as well do something.

Comment by Uncommon0taku
    08:54 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmmmm,.... I got 1 thru 10,... but I have my suspicions.

The only other females who seem to be available are woefully out of shape & a goodly portion of them are tired of working. Regardless of the job being a career or dead end service job.

I've had a profile in both JapanCupid & Singlesnet for years,...
    But no takers, too bad -their loss not mine.

If they're not really sure about what they want with the rest of their lives. Then its their own issues that are getting in the way.

As they say;
    "Dems da breaks kiddo"

o.o*!!

wuts the problem with wanting a partner that isn't out of shape?
    Hey - I've been fat, not just chubby but really FAT. It was a long road to recovery, but I'm fully aware that I'm not a kid anymore.
    I have my sensibilites, and being responsibly slender is one of them.
    These days a lotta women don't have a lotta scruples let alone ethics.
    No biggie, as they are I'd rather have a 2D girlfriend than an immature bimbo who is past her prime in more ways than 5.

Comment by Sukunai
    09:07 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

There is nothing intrinsically weird about either list.

Girls want a husband to support them and clearly guys want a housewife to support.

Sounds totally 1950s North America. It's what I grew up wanting at least.

I wouldn't call the list even an iota of Japanocentric in appearance.

Now when you consider some of the other lists we have seen recently, well, I can only say, good luck, you will need it. Because neither gender seems much interested in doing anything to make this list happen.

Comment by RunnerRed
    09:09 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

On a side note, "smart", "educated" didn't made it in top 10... sounds like they just search for a reliable in-house multi services provider...

Wait... i just realised that everyone wants (to marry)... A MAID ! (or butler)

great news, SC posters : we're normal !

Comment by alidan
    09:26 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

here is my 1-10, for male or female as i dont care which.

1 must have an attractive face
    2 must be under 140lbs if male and very feminine, if female, gut must be bigger than boobs, or under 160lbs, which ever comes first
    3 must not be a celebrity worshiping fucktard
    4 must not be in to grown up things for grownups only (you know these kind of douche bags who only watch "grown up" tv and cant watch an episode of sponge bob and laugh)
    5 must have a job that they can support there living expenses (lets face it, i will be lucky to get a 20$ an hour job, i dont care how much i like the person i refuse to support them on 20$ or less alone.)
    6 must be capable of self teaching. you ever been with someone who comes to you for tech questions, and its the same fucking question over and over again? you understand where im coming from with this than
    7 must not desire to go anywhere, i mean like hawaii or paris or any of that extreme expensive shit
    8 must have a layed back personality, where little shit dosent get to them

you know i think i hit all the major with those 8

11:30 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"2 must be under 140lbs if male and very feminine"
    You're looking for a twink? Why not be a real wo/man and go for a bear?

Comment by alidan
    12:07 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

with 2 i ment must not be bigger, computers running like crap and im typing faster than it can keep up

and because, you have seen them, the guys that look more female than most women. if one of them was willing to be with me, i dont think i would have any problem with it.

or a realy good tranny.

i mean in all likeliness i will never meat some one that i like. but if that someone happens to be a guy, should i realy not go with them just because they have a penis?

09:47 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

what? women want men to understand their "work" and "hobbies"?
    i fully understand how to make a sandwich..so i qualify

16:39 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

For men = this is the list of the men surveyed.

Comment by Ray
    09:15 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think an ATM holds most of the qualities desired by those women.

Comment by Philosopher
    09:12 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sooo. In other words, being a decent human being on both sides.

Who knew...?

09:14 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

10. Doesn't Interfere all the time
    Interfere with what? His Ero-Game time or his staring up figurines skirts hour?
    Then that would lead to
    5. Understanding about Hobbies
    Does that mean stalking kindergarden girls with cameras all day?

Comment by xshilverx
    12:04 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think stalking kindergarden girls with cameras all day would go into the "understands job" category ...

Comment by Satonaka
    08:46 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

#5 and 10 for the men side... 5 had me at a chuckle and 10 had me a full laugh :D
    just combine the two for an all nighter of whatever it is you want her to understand and not have her interfere with :)

08:46 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

1. No gag reflex
    2. Tubes tied
    3. Pro abortion
    4. cusses at seagulls
    5. under 14

Comment by Shi nai weaboo
    08:16 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's too bad Japanese people apparently don't like funny people 8(

Comment by Sandalphon
    04:18 27/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Because funny people are like attention whores, if they're not making everyone around them laugh they resort to whatever measures they can to make them, including cracking offensive jokes about other people, which becomes annoying sooner rather than later.

Number one rule of Japanese society behaviour: Do NOT cause 'meiwaku' [trouble, inconvenience] to others.

08:19 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I've got 1,3,4,7,9,10, arn't I a catch

10:41 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Depends on your face because women always fantasize that their true love must be attractive.

Comment by Zyst
    08:15 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Men rock.

Fuck you, I'm drunk.

08:51 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Needs smexier OP pictures.

12:01 14/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I suggest you stay put when you're drunk. Don't make an idiot of yourself or the whole male gender.

13:47 19/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You mean, as opposed to 75% of the shit-stupid comments here?