“Help! My 2-Year-Old Daughter Won’t Stop Masturbating!”

unwanted-discovery-by-oohara-kyuutarou.jpg

In a rather unusual Q&A session, a mother explains she is having trouble getting her 2-year-old daughter to stop touching herself.

From the pages of Mainichi:

Q. My 2-year-old daughter won’t stop touching herself

She’s 2 years 11 months old. At night, when she goes to bed she keeps touching her genitals through her pajamas, saying “it feels good.” I’m troubled by this. I told her “It’ll start to hurt so stop it” but she won’t stop. How on earth can I make her stop?

A mother from Osaka

A. Perhaps she’s lonely, you should wait to see if she stops

Infant masturbation is not unusual. Children are aware of their genitals from the age of about 18 months. Naturally, they become curious about their bodies. I think she simply learnt that it felt good whilst exploring her body this way.

In a case like this it’s likely just chance – there’s no need to think “my child is a nymphomaniac…” It’s just a matter of skin contact, and there’s likely not much to worry about.

In the case of the child, she’s not touching herself directly so there appear to be no great hygiene concerns.

So, how to get her to stop? You might want to try and wait it out. If you emphasise the behaviour to her she might become attached to it.

Possibly she is lonely. You could try having her sleep with mother, or perhaps with a stuffed toy.

But if she gets older and starts doing it in front of people, you should explain to her about her genitals. Just tell her “You mustn’t touch your genitals in front of people.”

Comment by Kelvin
    20:09 17/04/2010 # ! Good (+0.4)

Sleeping with a stuffed toy is a bad idea to stop masturbating...

22:49 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

A new goddes has born!

Comment by OtakuWrath
    22:59 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

not sure about girls at young ages, but i remember reading about a young boy that kept Masterbating. The Boy messed his genitals up for life because the skin wasn't tough enough to handle it...

she could just tell her a lie >_> like if you keep touching yourself you'll go blind. like telling your kid when the ice cream truck plays music it means their out of ice cream.

Comment by Fonzer
    00:20 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

oh yeah how many times did i hear about the bogie man if i don't go to sleep.Though somebody scared me with a very scary masks when i was still a baby and i don't remeber that and i had nightmares for quite long,even my sister when i asked her about that mask a few weaks ago said it was scary and the obvious nicolaus and devil that come to visit us in our country that rewards good people and the devil scares you for all your bad behaiviour.
    How did i beat my nightmare,i made a bet and won the chalenge lol.

23:22 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why was her mom watching? O_o

01:28 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

She's a 100 per cent natural girl!

01:35 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow.. Young pervert lolitas.:P

01:41 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is just normal.

Comment by Fonzer
    Comment by akuma2002
    23:25 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh wow, i'm totally amazed. I thought i was a bit precocious when i started to fap regularly at 8 years old. Respect.

Comment by Rya
    18:37 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Where's the father when you need one?

15:46 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Never in my whole life have I ever lol'd so hard as I did after reading the comments to this article. Thank you all for entertaining me!!!

07:30 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

well we are doing our best to make people laugh.

15:13 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Er....wow.
    That's all I could say after reading the article, at first. It's the first time I've heard about this, and being on the internet for god knows how long can show you lots of different, strange, and somewhat interesting things.
    ...and for those idiots making lewd comments, she is still 2 years and 11 months old....if you have to say anything wait 15 years and a month first...

16:30 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah seriously, infants masturbate; this woman is a moron.

17:20 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why shouldn't she touch her genitals in front of other people? Besides some bullshit rules of what is socially acceptable, I fail to see how it hurts anyone in any way. She is innocent, and adults are trying to corrupt her natural, beautiful behavior.

18:30 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Huh? 'Will start to hurt'...? Does she know something I don't?

11:45 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Normally, after a while you don't feel like masturbating any more. You get bored and there are better things to do.
    However, some people just can't stop themselves and they do get problems. Turns out the human skin in general doesn't like being touched permanently, it needs to be exposed to air and normal atmospheric pressure every once in a while, otherwise it develops rashes. And the skin of the genitals is relatively tender and prone to developing tiny lesions if not allowed to rest. If you're a man, you can also develop problems from your member being erect for too long; apparently the pressure and lack of proper oxygenation causes issues too.

Comment by WarWeeny
    18:35 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

i dont see the problem the mother is having.
    if my daughter would touch herself while she was 3 years old let her, as long as she doesnt do it in public. if she does, then yes it would become a problem but for now...just let the child be.

17:16 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@16:34

I humped your mom when i was 3 years old :D

16:34 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I kept humping my plush toys when I was 3 years old.

20:35 19/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Omg what a sick yet normal thing.

Hard to define if starting at 2 is better than 14...or something like that. Do you actually remember anything from back when you were 2? I guess it doesn't matter, it's going to fade away or eventually be normal in a few years anyway.

Comment by Master Veith
    11:33 19/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Whoaaachaaa!!! *Master Veith came flying through*

As a Mastah, the art of improving one's sense is VERY complex, and to further improve it, always absorb the knowledge here on Sankakucomplex.com.

SFX: POOF!

*Vanishes into thin air*

04:16 19/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

wrap her hands in barbed wire and she'll stop :)

Comment by cherrybox
    04:26 19/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree, you are a genius, children should be allowed to play with themselves all they want in front of cameras and strangers, her bitch mom should be ashamed for trying to deny the child its basic human freedoms.

06:28 19/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

to stop her they should teach her the pleasure of bondage

08:08 19/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

......"When she gets older and still touches herself in front of people THEN stop her"?!!!! LOL! Isn't it a bit too late by then?

19:33 09/07/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

When I was a kid, I would grab the skin on my penis and pull it down because I thought the thing inside was funny. I used to play peekaboo with it. It would make me laugh. I'd pull the skin up... then down. Then up, down.

I was a nasty child.

02:50 10/07/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

FFS, seriously this is normal, simple as.
    My brother from the age of 2 onwards was playing with his willie in full public view and continued for years, he just grew out of it though.

20:14 25/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

the illustration is making me LMAO hard.

00:28 22/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

what she is doing is not masturbation, but loneliness...

Comment by Dark Mage
    03:01 19/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Jokes aside she should have the kid checked for a urinary track infection.
    It's common in toddlers and could explain the behavior.

02:48 19/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Pedobear approves!

06:25 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Careful. You don't wanna bring shame upon your children. Religion is notorious this way. Masturbation is dirty, and homosexuality is a sin. Science have arguments for and against each topic, but does not say it is right or wrong. I believe there are a few reasons why religion is this way.

1. Religion is black and white and dogmatic. Dogmatic is simple explanations to complex questions. Gayness can't reproduce, so its a sin.

2. Give your subjects something to feel shameful and bad about, and you get them to think about something else than the faults in your religion.

3. To boost procreation. If you can't masturbate, you would want sex, and thus the religions members grow.

Bringing shame upon a child is one of the worst things you can do to it. Tell the child it is not wrong, it is fine, it is just that other people easily get embarrassed by it and you should keep it to yourself until you are old enough to share it with someone.

05:19 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

i vaguely remember touching myself as I was little, because my mom yelling at me to stop. Later I started masturbating before I actually knew WHAT I was doing/what it was called. Its natural, its no big fucking deal.

04:41 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I've masturbated since I was 4 or 5 (maybe before that, but I don't remember it). I did it several times a day. It was (and still is) so good, I had no reason to stop.

One night, my mother slept with me in the big bed (I'm sure why, but my father was absent, maybe she felt lonely or something). Of course, this didn't prevent me to rub myself, I had not the slightest idea of shame, and mom told me to stop that. I thought I was too noisy or I was making the mattress shaking, so I keep going more gently to not awake her. Why would I have thought otherwise ?

Many kids, male and female, masturbate at all age.

Comment by appztetra
    21:38 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

A 2ch Goddess is in process of being created?

22:50 18/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"...or perhaps with a stuffed toy."

I lol'd hard after reading that.

02:10 19/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Only touch your genitals in front of a mirror or camera, kids!

Comment by nogi
    14:39 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Heh this reminded me about that one episode on House, MD

14:54 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

give her to me i can help im a sex doctor!

Comment by Zavalix
    09:38 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So what?, bad if she asks OTHERS to rub for her...

Comment by denn
    09:47 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

At least it'll be easy picking a Christmas present for this kid.

Comment by Nin
    09:02 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm sure there will be an article on SanCom on this girl about sixteen years from now.

15:09 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I bet six years is enough.

17:12 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Does your infantile mind not understand this is perfectly normal for a 2 year old?

Some of the worsed things you can do is teach her its bad to touch herself, just teach them its not decent to do infront of other people.

Comment by Tasche
    09:13 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

EQ should be more concerned about this than trying to hack down the ero industry...ha!

09:35 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

but there isn't anything to be concerned about here.

Comment by sanimej2
    09:28 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL! Funny, especially the response!

09:51 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The loli is lonely.

The Rori is ronery.

10:24 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeesshhhh! :3

11:26 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I just noticed that loli rhymes with lonely.