K-ON! Game On – Sega to Handle New K-ON! Game

tainaka-ritsu-holding-ds-by-unyon

K-ON! has been announced as having a game adaptation, to be handled by Sega, finally allowing console gamers the long awaited chance to indulge in some moeblob action.

Other details are at stage utterly absent – hopeful speculation would include some sort of 3D musical adventure game for the PS3, pessimistic speculation a cheap adventure spin-off on the PSP.

Random rumours include an Xbox 360 version, something which would certainly sell a few Xboxes at the expense of a lot of copies of the game.

Details will likely not be long in coming.

21:01 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

fuck moeblob, fuck k-on and fuck anyone who likes this shit

23:59 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

yeah, thumb me down nerds,

vent your anger you fucking moeblob loving otaku virgins

22:50 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

OMG! That's the company I'll be working for!

03:07 04/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Like, for real. I was accepted to work at the main Sega office in Tokyo as a game developer. ^^

21:52 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

rapegame anyone?

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    23:01 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The first time I saw the cover of Yakuza 4, I thought of the K-ON! game Sega is making...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ry%C5%AB_ga_Gotoku_4 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryū_ga_Gotoku_4]

Since you can control the other 3 protagonists along with Kazuma Kiryu...

23:36 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm putting my money on a Wii or DS game.

Comment by pjca
    00:19 04/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I am agreed with that!!!
    Or maybe multi-platform
    I hope it

Comment by Coburn64
    07:46 04/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Agreed. Multi-platform would be splendid. Especiallly Wii or Xbox 360.

05:17 06/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

IF it comes for 360, I'll get it. Have my X360 for Idolmaster. This would be the perfect time to give it new life.

Comment by tingle
    21:34 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Just release a track pack for rock band or guitar hero with cel shaded character models and call it a day.

21:32 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe it's an action adventure game where you get to play Yui (other girls are unlockable) running around the town beating thugs with Gitah ala Ryu No Gotoku..

20:31 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

April fools, Art was 3 days slow.

Comment by Coburn64
    20:40 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I know I'm commenting like rapid fire, but I have an idea.

How about a adventure-styled game (you go around to pubs and such in the girls' home town, playing at gigs there, visiting people, etc) with Boss Fights (say rival music bands), where you play as your chosen character having to solo it out VS the boss in a music battle.

Fail, it's curtains and a retry screen. Succeed, and you can progress your way up to fame and the big dollars as you become 'top dog' in music.

Cash would also be a factor; you could upgrade the girls' gear, like a Electric Bass Guitar for Mio, and all sorts of crazy stuff like outfits, cat ears.

You'd also need to watch the band's crew stamina levels, if you play too much, your stamina gets too low, and they could even fall asleep on-stage from tiredness.

Also to the people that say the Xbox 360 version of the game is not going to be made - is it true or fake?

Comment by Sandalphon
    09:57 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Let me say that your idea for the game sounds like a lot of fun, but it's not very realistic to expect such a refined game as it probably does not count with the necessary funding, which these kinda games rarely do.

21:25 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sega + K-on x Musical Game = Project Diva reskin = Win
    Anything else is fail.

00:13 04/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh.. I want it on DS.

Comment by Sandalphon
    09:54 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe they''ll make another action game like Bayonetta, with Ritsu being the heroine whilst trying to rescue the other girls from Mio, who has turned evil and founded her own music club to badmouth the keionbu.

Eh, maybe not.

07:48 14/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I just hope K-ON! is worth a video game adaptation. I also hope it's a rhythm game like Elite Beat Agents and just as weird.

05:20 06/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Better to be multi-platform for best results.

00:32 04/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I want a yuri visual novel :3
    think about it, you can choose to be one of the girls and on that basis you look one of the girls that you like.
    Example:
    If you decide to be Yui, you has more opportunities to get the love of Azusa but is more difficult to get the other girls (Sawako sensei included)

19:47 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Rockband:K-ON! How bout somethign to do with the NDS?

Comment by Coburn64
    20:27 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Rockband? Hm, maybe. I'm sorry, but the DS graphics are sub-par... It looks like the SNES SuperFX Chip Graphics.

In theory, if the DS can make the girls look great on them (I mean, good graphics despite the limits of the DS hardware), I guess it will sell. The touch screen could be used to tap the beats.

...If Gameloft make a DS version for Sega of this K-ON game, they'd make all the characters look like shrunken prunes... ie. look ugly... >_>

07:32 04/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

*cough*ouendan*cough*

17:08 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I will seriously import the game from Japan and get a PS3 if this comes out real.

I mean, K-ON is attractive for otaku's/normal minded people with a interest in anime.

I'd like it to be Guitar Hero-styled, have that chick doing the keyboard, have Mio/Yui on the vocals and the Bass, and Ritsu pounding dem drums.

Unlockable content would be awesome too.

Also, I wrote about this on Coburn's Domain. Do feel free to check it out here at http://snipurl.com/v89im . (and no, I'm not advertising, otherwise I'd be saying "OMG OMG CLICK HERE". I hope you know what I mean)

17:32 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"that chick"?! wtf, mugi needs love, too.

20:21 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm sorry, but I forgot her name. Mugi? Right, noted.

At the time I posted I couldn't remember her name. Thanks for the refresher.

BTW, I'm Coburn64 - Just haven't registered.

18:22 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

K'on is only interesting for otaku who like moe. Normal and usual anime fans find it incredibly boring really.

You know nothing about being otaku.

Comment by Actar
    17:27 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Please, please, please give me a step-mania/guitar hero esque game!

Let's hope it's not a plain and simple VN.

17:46 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Suddenly.. its a dating sim game XD

17:45 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe Sega will collaborate with Harmonix and release K-On! themed Rock Band.

Comment by Reizo
    16:18 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hope it's not a Rock Band ripoff...

Comment by Twintail Tsundere
    16:22 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Why not? It would fit the theme better. Unless they can make some kind of tea time simulator game.

Comment by Reizo
    16:23 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That would be epic.

19:40 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I forgot that Azusa will also use the cat ears in some special moves.

Comment by Yoshii-kun
    16:37 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope it can interact with the characters and the VR items. Like;

"Dress as a ghost and scare Mio, to see her moe/frighten face..."

"rolling together with Yui in her house..."

"having tea with Mugi..."

"trying new clothes for Azunyan with sensei..."

Bliss, i tell you...

Comment by Mikorio
    16:25 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Tea Time simulator FTW.

But it's probably going to be some sort of rhythm game with the anime's songs and unlockable content such as outifts, songs and settings, or instruments. Something Project Diva.

Or a mind-numbing word based game with tons of minigames.

PSP most likely.

19:39 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It is going to be an action/music game. The first part would be like rock band where you would be doing the rythym game and the second part would be the action game part. How well you do in the rythym game part determines how well you can do in the action game part.

Ex. You are playing as Yui and you would do the guitar part of a song. (or maybe a part of a song) When you play the second part you would play an action storyline as the giita wielding Yui on a rampage bashing people (and maybe other things) with her guitar.

You can play as any of the characters and can play it in multiplayer. Yui and Azusa fight with electric guitars and will have related special moves. Mio will fight with the bass guitar along with underware during special moves. Tsumugi will primarily wield the keytar but also use the keyboard for special moves. Ritsu will throw drum sticks and use the drums for special moves.

The power and speed of attacks along with availability of special moves are determined by how well you do in the rythym game.

Comment by Haxman
    16:32 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why not? After all, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc are rip offs of bemani music simulation games anyway...

Comment by Kortaku
    18:35 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Could be a reverse Harem-eroge but with only girls.

"Play as Yui as you battle through cakes and cookies to capture Ritsu, Mugi, Mio and Azusa!
    Unlockable tanned Azusa with 100% harem ending."

I can only dream...

Comment by kyuusei
    16:17 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Ritsu looks exceedingly cute in that picture.

As for the game....I think for most of us, the following response would be adequate..

Meh?

Comment by CaptainFawful
    09:40 04/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

RAMIREZ! wait no.

Comment by Shi nai weaboo
    18:14 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

GUITAROOMAN K-ON STYLE! WOOOO!

00:23 05/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

gitarooman is horrid, and it's owned by Koei and developed by NIS, although NIS awesome, it's not Sega.
    please not the project diva rip off

13:45 04/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

that would be the best thing ever

18:20 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The game will be totally exciting like the anime I heard. You get to choose the cake they are going to have for tea. Interesting stuff.

Comment by Zavalix
    16:28 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Moe + game = what can go wrong?

In other less news:
    What the hell she's chewing? At first I thought it was a wooden dildo :/

Comment by Twintail Tsundere
    16:35 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Says the guy with a monkey-biting-a-popsicle for a gravatar :)

Its some mini juice bottle, BTW.

Comment by Mikorio
    17:04 03/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a popsicle with a bottle-shaped container. Coke flavoured most likely due to the color.