Wives Demand “Ideal” ¥6,000,000 Salary from Husbands

wedding-dress-louise-otaku-bride.jpg

The latest data on that most fraught of Japanese economic institutions, marriage, indicates a woman’s preferred salary for their husband is in the region of at least ¥6,000,000 annually, even though actual husbands generally earned as little as half that.

Firstly, women asked what the current income of their husband was reported modest salaries, the most common being:

1. ¥3,000,000-4,000,000

2. ¥4,000,000-5,000,000

3. Under ¥3,000,000

14% reported being happy with their husband’s income, as opposed to 30% reporting dissatisfaction. Some of their reasons ran as follows:

“My goal is for him to have an income sufficient for me to become a housewife. It’d be hard with what he has now.” (28-year-old wife with ¥3,000,000-4,000,000)

“If we have children we’d need even more!” (24-year-old wife with ¥4,000,000-5,000,000)

The next question was “Frankly, what is the salary you want from your ideal husband?”:

1. ¥5,000,000-6,000,000

2. ¥6,000,000-7,000,000

3. ¥10,000,000-11,000,000

A variety of reasons were offered:

“I can only afford to eat out once a month, so if there was more I could eat better.”

“With ¥6,000,000 I could go on holiday once or twice a year!”

“We can get by on ¥3,000,000. I’m grateful to him for working hard for me!”

Previous surveys along similar lines yield similar results, and the tight control Japanese wives exert over their husband’s earnings is already legendary.

2ch’s take:

“Earn your own money you damn parasites!”

“If a man earns ¥5,000,000 annually and a woman ¥1,000,000, she will marry him.

But if a man earns ¥3,000,000 and a woman ¥3,000,000 as well, she won’t marry him.

This is why we should abolish equal pay for the sexes.”

“There’s probably only 5% of men of marriageable age with a ¥6,000,000 income.”

“My ideal bride has a ¥6,000,000 income.

But there aren’t many making that.

I wonder why? Damn women should give it some thought.”

“It’s amusing how their ideal income is gradually coming down. In 2007, it was 8,000,0000.”

“They’re just adjusting to the economic climate.”

“Damn whores should just marry an ATM.”

“If the sexes were equal women would need a ¥6,000,000 income to marry a guy who makes that much.”

“I made ¥5,000,000 at 25 and I still make ¥5,000,000 at 40, what am I supposed to do…”

“Japan’s real winners are the civil servants then…”

“I make ¥6,000,000 but she still turned me down. I want to die.”

“If you want that kind of money, please try earning it yourself. This is why so many men are marrying the partner in their hearts.”

“Who, Louise?”

23:57 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why women in japan still want to be housewifes? Cant they work dammit

Comment by BlaqCat
    01:05 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

They don't want to be "housewives", they want to be "lazy" and sit around all day. That way they can watch TV, spend their husbands money, and cheat on him with some asshole.

00:00 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

this is why yuri is so much better

00:17 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

hell, with 60k salary/year,
    I could afford more than 1 wife in my country

03:40 14/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol, same here brother. In Indonesia with a 60k per year you could run a decent family just from the interest of depositing 2 years amount of those salary in the bank. XD

23:52 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Thats insane, Japanese women are totally spoilt to the core

23:54 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Ok,I take back my word,thats kind of salary is ok for a degree holder,I tot it was monthly income

23:45 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

How to spell wife. W-H-O-R-E!

Comment by Riiku
    00:21 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I earn pathetic $673 a month, which is about 60623 yen, and that is considered sound payment in Russia, although you wont be able to buy much.

01:25 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Seems to me they're horrible with savings. A holiday once a year should be doable, easily, in 4-5.

Comment by Dark Mage
    07:18 12/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I even seen trailer trash families do holidays more then once a year.
    They may not have gone to Europe but they did have vacations.

01:35 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd be seriously interested in detailed, yet compact information/comparisons regarding 'typical' monthly expenditures (food, rent, insurance, taxes) between Japan and other countries.
    Do you know suitable references? ^^;

01:38 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is why I date men instead of women. But then again living in Japan is damn near impossible at the moment so...

Comment by BlaqCat
    01:03 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I can see why so many men invest in "health delivery services". Won't be long til all of japans women really do become just money grubbing whores.......

23:12 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

$67,000 if you work <40 hr a week takes around $37/hr.

If you work <60 hr a week takes around $26/hr

But if you work more hr like 60 the wife spends more time with your hard earn money then you do with your wife. open them up to cheating + gold digger.

Comment by BlaqCat
    01:10 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Pretty much matches my estimation. And since they won't be cheating with someone met at work like working wives, it'll be some useless, jobless asshole who happens to look handsome.

07:20 30/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

why would anyone let there wife have that kind of control over their money/assets?

08:29 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If you work <20hrs a week you have to earn $140/hr.
    If you work <10hrs a week you have to earn $280/hr.
    if you work <1hrs a week you have to earn $2792/hr.

to come to around $67, 000 USD salary before tax. After tax it could be <$45, 000 usd.

20:42 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Crazy for them to ask for such an amount, and not everybody is going to come up with that kind of salary for different careers they are in. It's obvious that both husband and wife find both jobs for each other and find some time to do things when they are not working, like having sex and etc.

20:24 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

6.000.000¥ is completely OK, and you should remember that in Japan taxes are already comprised, so when you're offered 6M¥, it's 6M¥ in your pocket.

The problem is NOT how much money it represents, it's that whorish gold-digging attitude of those women.

They want money ? They EARN it, period.

20:57 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What the hell is wrong with these women?

Comment by Ray
    22:00 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I like it how all the people who comment "60k $ is not that much, I graduated from college and started with >insert amount here<" conveniently forget that the economy greatly differs across the world and that their country is not the centre of the universe.

In some countries you will NOT see higher salaries than 30k $ a year, and even that is considered high end - even if you're in bloody lucrative fields like engineering, IT and so on with years of work experience and extra certificates. While the average person would make 15k $ a year or under. That's some food for thought there.

Comment by Ray
    19:48 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I like it how all the people who comment "60k $$$ is not that much, I graduated from college and started with >insert amount here<" conveniently forget that the economy greatly differs across the world and that their country is not the centre of the universe.

Comment by Andrzej
    08:16 16/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I have to agree with you for example in my country middle -Hig class gets max 30k$ salary with engeenery degree i got per year myself (i'm 22 ) 13k$ at max well I'm after higSchool XD but soo i'll make technikian so it will gets upp by around 25k$(it"s with work expiriences)

22:04 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fucking parasites.

Look, if my girlfriend wanted to stay at home for a couple years while our theoretical child was in the very early years of their life? Honestly, I'd approve. Girl deserves three or four years of being a housewife after spending nine months hauling around the thing and then giving birth to it. Hell, beyond that she should be getting a part-time job that allows her to contribute to the household.

But if my girlfriend told me she wanted to stay at home to be a housewife so that I could support her for no reason, I'd show her ass the door. I will not work extra hours to justify her lazy ass sitting on the couch watching TV or playing video games.

I work my ass off at my job so that sometimes I can play video games in my free time. There is literally no woman on Earth who is awesome enough to convince me that the opportunity to sleep with her, even nightly, is worth the effort of supporting her hobbies with the money left over from paying all of our bills.

Comment by deadbeat
    22:14 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

that is your culture. it isn't like this in Japan. Most women are 'expected' by their in-laws/their parents, heck even they themselves, to get out of the workforce once they get married. Its also to show that your husband can work and earn enough for both of you.

in that sense, its more like a status symbol which somehow everyone is supposed to follow or you are an outcast. In japanese society, being an outcast can literally drive someone to suicide. If you are a female above 30 years old or so and still working, assumptions are

1) you are an old maid and can't get married
    2) there's something wrong with you so no one wants you
    3) your husband is a useless idiot
    4) you are disrespecting your in-laws by going to work, thus bringing shame upon the family

you get the point?

23:41 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I get the point, but it doesn't change the fact that some women in japan are following an ideal that some men won't be able to match up to. And I feel that something is wrong with the very concept of it all. Sure, I still want to go to japan someday and I still do like asian females, although it would just feel weird if any women I date would clearly be after me for money and would live off of me if married. I do like to see some kind of independence that some women in this world have. And even if I do have the salary that will support both me and the wife in the future, doesn't change the fact of these two thoughts.

1) That my future wife will divorce me if I'm even 10% down from the recommended income that she expects.

2) I would divorce her if she's a lazy housewife that does nothing.

It's too bad that some women rely on men too much, only for some to leave them if their salary sucks. The concept of getting out of the workforce once married might be conforting for some women, but bothersome for others. In this case, it feels like maintaining love and marriage depends on the very depths of my salary....and love usually isn't seen like that.

Comment by BlaqCat
    01:35 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The real issue is that women are very much like cats. Even if you feed them every day, take care of them, and clean their shit, it's no guarantee they won't just waltz off with some alley cat in a "flight of whimsy", and think it's okay. If a woman wants to sit in the background like these women seem to desire, I'd expect them to cater to their husband like a king, and be of the utmost support to him.

But that isn't very likely is it?

06:48 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Which is why I keep considering this as another way for both men and women to keep messing around like this and hurting each other somehow. USA and Japan's economy is taking blows that already puts them into a recession already, how can anybody still make stupid unrealistic goals and expect people to still make that much money when circumstances won't allow them to at times? Call me immature, but even though I know some women are whores and asking for too much, there's got to be some indepedent women out there that is doing just as well as other people.

22:42 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Japs seriously need to get with the times.

22:53 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Let me guess 100% of everyone posting never made a 60k usd as a yearly income. Talk about people who talk about how easy it is to make but never made it.

23:43 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Let me guess, you didn't read the comments, did you? Of course not, otherwise you wouldn't be spiting shit out of your mouth.

08:20 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Most comments are talking about they think or know a very few people that can make it none in the comment said the commenter was making it. If they are why are they interested in 2D when they can have 3D easy like the article says?

I know many managers who don't make that much. I know programmers who don't make that much. Need I go on?

I do know a CEO that makes Millions gee. How is that helping?

08:50 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, I've seen at least 3 or 4 people saying they make around it or more, and I also do (when converting my country currency to US Dollars).

You were trying to be a smartass but you failed sir, and now you're trying to make up with rhetorics.

09:17 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I stand by what I said and I still do.

22:34 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know why so many complain about women not wanting to work.

I find that absolutely reasonable, seeing that biologically they are far inferior to men, so the job they would do would be shittier compared than to the work a man would do, thus resulting in a worse world for everyone.

In an ideal world, men would work and make money and women would stay at home, take care of the house and children, because that's what they are suited for best, biologically.

23:42 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

then stop asking for sexual equality !

00:00 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm not asking for it. Equality is a flawed concept based on faith, not supported by any scientific, statistic, historic or anecdotal evidence.

As long as the masses are uneducated religion and equality will keep degenerating this world. Can't help it.

00:42 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Got more evidence to back up why equality is flawed? I usually don't hear this much from people about it. So many people try to help make a difference.

01:24 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sure, evidence is all around you. I suppose you don't study anything?

First off, purely biologically speaking, women have a smaller body mass to brain mass ratio than men. They can't produce enough testosterone to build muscles or be aggressive/skilled enough at anything, because testes are the biggest testosterone producer, and women got only ovaries, which produce minimal amounts of testosterone which are necessary for life. Women's brains are based on white matter while men's is on gray matter, the former responsible for information processing and the latter for connections between processing centers.

That are just a few examples of established biological facts about women's inferiority to men. Everything I wrote is on [http://en.wikipedia.org,]http://en.wikipedia.org, look it up if you're really uneducated.

Secondly, through history, women have never contributed anything significant to mankind and its progress. But ok, feminists will tell you women were oppressed because they were physically weaker, like men didn't allow women to study because they were afraid to unleash hidden potential! My ass, they just didn't want to waste time on educating women because it's useless. But ok, that's all anecdotal evidence.

And lastly, statistics. In both the 1999 and 2004 Richard Lynn's unbiased statistics, men had more mean I.Q.

I'm not saying women are useless, they are useful in their own ways, like taking care of children and being supporters, but they should stay the fuck out of both mental and physical work, if we want a better world.

Comment by BlaqCat
    01:18 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Does equality really even exist as a societal state? In my opinion people are never really equal...there's always something edging for or against you, not to mention how value can be very subjective.

03:34 14/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I really respect female. They're just one of the greatest creation by God. But i do share the same head with you in this one. Equality "in work" just wont work (no pun intended).
    Females had their own given surplus point that men didn't have and vice versa. That'a why we complete each other nicely. ^^

I see some people here say how easy it is to earn a 60k USD a year.And talking like we all should able to achieve and follow the success like they did.Well... im not gonna told them to see the real world (since we all are wth?). But i want them to read news for the least.

This world do not only consist of your neighborhood and the country where you live...
    60k USD? Try going here in Indonesia. Where people literally kick (or kill for that matter) anyone else in the face just for a mere 10 bucks.
    Ooooo-Waaaaw So your country's rich and the people are well payed and easy to get a job. yeah, good for you mr. longnose

A fresh graduated payed for a 50k a year? LoL.
    Here the nebies are getting their ass whipped and work like machine just to STAY employed. For there are like around 1 million more people ready to take his/her position at any chance.

Im a lecturer here in Indonesia for about 3 years. And guess what? i only make a roughly 12k USD per year. Yeah, go ahead and laugh. i dont care. You guys dont know how it feel looking for a job in here. One of the reason?
    Yes. Equality. Back then my dad doesn't need to worry about a hundred thousand or million women trying to occupy men's job. (There's more women than men in Jakarta) The guy could work at a job that he's really into, thus making him a fully efficient and good worker. While the women take care of the home and their FAMILY'S RELATIONSHIP with everyone else (Yes, that's the most forgotten role from a housewife nowadays)

But now? Lol divorce is like a plague and we see women faces in like every job/bussiness avaiable.(Especially entertainment) While the men busy stomping at each other to get a decent work that doesn't involve breaking the law.All the glamour an bling bling are just for mere % of people in here. While the rest are just trying to stay alive... let alone make a "good" family.
    /sigh

14:02 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

And the only reason we have equality in the west now is because the U.S. realized that, during WWII, they could double the workforce by making all housewives work while the men fought.

Double the workforce meant more people making money, hence they experienced a substantial economic growth back then.

Every other country realized this after the U.S. did it and began drumming up the media under the "women deserve equal rights" farce.

Comment by BlaqCat
    01:21 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

In the case of these japanese women, I don't think they're going to "stay at home, take care of house and children". I think they'll lay about doing nothing, and spend your money while cheating.

22:44 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I really hope you are trolling.

22:25 10/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

There is a simple solution. To earn as much as possible, even 10,000,000 yen annually and avoid sex, marriage, etc, etc. The view of the women's crowd trying to "catch a fish" around is priceles. And it should teach something those women.

01:47 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I make the equivalent of about 9,000,000 yen. Too bad I still don't have a wife. Actually wait, I'm fine with that.

Comment by Shirakawa
    01:50 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Despite all the womens' lib in America, much of this still holds truth. There are still many women who go to college just for their MRS. degree.

The average college graduate (bachelors) makes about $48,000 here, which is acceptable in their eyes if you can get such a job in this economy. I graduated in fall and I'm still waiting in line for a salary position.

In Japan, the eldest son usually gets cherished by the parents and is able to stay under their support longer (until around age 30). The thing is a woman who is this picky will less likely have their parents' support that long. It comes down to either going with being a career-woman or trying to whore out themselves. Hard to believe, but most people choose the path that's easiest to them.

If that sounded sexist, please open your eyes and take a look at the world you closed minded persons.

06:35 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

*sighs* hearing that doesn't make this any less painful.

Comment by spectre257
    08:35 12/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

5,000,000-6,000,000 is about 60k-72kAUD which doesn't seem like an unrealistic amount.

You can pull that sort of money working in the public service here, before tax of course ;)

I reckon this would be the ideal amount if you had a one income family with one child providing your wife isn't spending all your money on hand bags instead of the mortgage.

Edit: Though the situation seems a bit different in Japan :|

03:43 14/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"here"