Final Fantasy XIII PS3 vs Xbox 360 Definitive Comparison

ff13-game-comparison-011

ff13-game-comparison-012

A detailed comparison of the PS3 and Xbox 360 releases of marathon sim Final Fantasy XIII concludes that the Xbox 360 version is indeed significantly inferior to the PS3 original, and even goes so far as to ridicule the game for its now legendary linearity.

Expert comparison yields a series of comparison images and some lengthy analysis, excerpted below (in the case of the comparison images, careful scrutiny may be required as differences are at times subtle, not helped by the low resolution of some of the images).

Ironically, the game’s notorious linearity is its saving grace on the Xbox 360 – only with this linearity does the game survive being cut down to almost half the size of the Blu-ray on the Xbox 360:

ff13-cg-comparison-005

The team had to find a way to compress over 32GB of CG to fit within the confines of three Xbox 360 DVDs – squeezed already by a copy protection mechanism that limits available space to a meagre 6.8GB, less than the storage potential of both PlayStation 2 and Wii.

The sheer idea of porting over a massive Blu-ray game like this onto the Xbox 360 seems like lunacy, but the good news from a conversion perspective is that the game itself is extremely linear.

ff13-game-comparison-009

ff13-game-comparison-010

The core basis of the majority of the game is in negotiating very limited environments with just a few branching routes, following a yellow arrow to get to your next destination and fighting a myriad bunch of enemies as you do it.

Very rarely are you asked to return to previous locations – with just one chapter in the game dedicated to the sort of free-roaming JPRG gameplay for which Final Fantasy is renowned.

By just about every measurable criteria, it seems that the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII is a quick port where the existing PS3 material has been very roughly manhandled and bludgeoned into shape in order to work on the Microsoft console.

Soon the Xbox 360 version was being reported as 1024×576, with 2x multi-sampling anti-aliasing. This is up against native 720p on the original PlayStation 3 version, again with the same 2x level of MSAA, representing a fairly enormous drop of around a third of the overall resolution.

So, are the stories about a reduced resolution on FFXIII 360 true? You betcha.

Unfortunately, the resolution reduction here seems to be all about converting across the PS3 engine as quickly and easily as possible, and that means accessing as much of the console’s power with the lowest amount of aggravation.

ff13-game-comparison-001

ff13-game-comparison-002

ff13-game-comparison-003

ff13-game-comparison-004

ff13-game-comparison-005

ff13-game-comparison-006

ff13-game-comparison-007

ff13-game-comparison-008

The conclusion on the in-game graphics for the Xbox?

“Adequate but a touch disappointing” best sums up the Xbox 360 version.

Fine edges lose precision, and while the effect is mitigated thanks to the MSAA along with the multitude of post processing effects the engine has at its disposal, the fact is that the lack of resolution can make the 360 build look sub-par.

The clean CG look of the PS3 game in motion is unduly compromised, and while it’s still a handsome enough title on Xbox 360, it lacks the pristine presentation of its sibling.

Square Enix is said to have botched the CG encoding, leaving gigabytes of empty space on the three discs whilst crippling high-motion scenes with heavy-handed compression:

Unfortunately, when any particular scene ramps up the motion, the encoding solution Square has employed collapses horribly.

ff13-cg-comparison-001
ff13-cg-comparison-002
ff13-cg-comparison-003
ff13-cg-comparison-004

Detail disappears in a sea of macroblocking and banding, while the PS3 version remains pretty close to pristine thanks to the incredible amount of bandwidth (and thus video information) available.

The tragedy here is that the CG is a core part of the presentation in FFXIII and it seems to be the case that the company has paid little attention to the poor quality of the final assets on the Xbox 360 version.

The final conclusion cannot resist lambasting the game for its linearity one last time, although it is of course undeniable that both versions are graphically gorgeous:

Despite the cutbacks, the in-game graphics are still attractive, the gameplay is fundamentally the same as the PS3 version and it’s clearly a cut-above much of the other JPRG fare available on the console.

That being the case, despite falling short in direct comparison with its PS3 sibling it’s still a decent game, though I daresay that the retooling of the formula into a more linear experience with obvious cutbacks in the exploration element is likely to frustrate many of the core fanbase.

It appears the international release may be mirroring that of the Japanese version in due course.

• I love linear games, because I have a job and don’t have time to roam in the same place for 3 weeks! Not to0 good at RPG’s, but love the stories. Getting on PS3, even though I got a 360.

• To be honest, if you let me sit and play every game that has been on every sankakucomplex comparison on their respective consoles, I wouldn’t notice the differences between either system.

• I dont get why there are so many haters on this game.. Linear is nothing new FFX was the same way and that was a big hit the 360 version still looks good while playing I dont see any problems but I am not playing on some 100 inch big screen.

• Anonymous says:

I plan to get the ps3 version for this game even though i typically prefer the 360. However I think that the graphic improvements on the ps3 are very minor. I am not a graphics whore when it comes to games and the difference is so insignificant.

Having everything on one convenient disc is what won me over this time.

• Anonymous says:

the solution of square-enix looks like “they make us a favor” and really this is very bad, considering another ways for example:

-game prepared for installation, the archive are compressed (like pc game)but when this is installed in the HDD you have the game in the original size

-or sell a HDD with the game pre-installed, considering this game have the same price like a 60GB xbox360 HDD

• Wolfrank13 says:

Wow, this is so weird. I find that I’m not even excited about getting the PS3 version (less so about getting the 360 version”). I guess I’m just gonna wait till this game becomes dirt cheap and I’m just gonna buy whichever version becomes 35$ or less sooner. Like I said, I’m in no hurry to get this game.

• Anonymous says:

Why are people crying out about linearity in XIII? What about X? That went over quite well despite having a good bit of linear corridors. What about XII? Only open spaces there were the fields of monsters.

I think people were far, FAR too quick to judge this game on a single element. No one bothered to mention the drop dead gorgeous graphics, the battle system, the story; Nothing. Just cries of corridors and linear paths. You want an RPG with exploration? Go play Oblivion and get lost wandering the countryside with your horse.

• Darkomake says:

What if the versions looks the same, the game sux i don’t know why people keeps bordering about this piece of crap, i mean that game goes againts all final fantasy concep… so if you are gona fight about graphics you are wasting your time, if you like microsoft machina is fine (actually not the first one… that sux), know it have a lot of good games, and if you like sony machina, well it have some “exclusives” and the net is free, but is all the same, the chips all came from china so… if you really want graphics play on the pc… a powerfull one and stop this “CONSOLE WAR”… is kind of lame fight about hardware thats is made by the same people.

Final Fantasy XIII PS3 vs XBOX 360 Console Tribe FFXIII

search up this on youtube.

the fanboy shits gone abit too far, you’ll see in this vid, PS3 and xbox played together and there is no difference, only difference i saw was xbox handles colour alittle better.

this should stop the crap being posted on this site.

who am i kidding, no it wont cos fanboys just go on and on!

• Anonymous says:

the xbox and ps3 versions look the same, to be honest the fanboy shits going abit too far, there is an xbox/ps3 video on youtube playing both games and showing the difference, and from what you see, there is no difference

i would link but idk if i can link but search

Final Fantasy XIII PS3 vs XBOX 360 Console Tribe FFXIII

the xbox version actually handles colour alot better

• Anonymous says:

Both Suck gorilla balls, get a comp with a Radeon 5870 or 5970, a core i7 930, and you can enjoy way more awesome graphics on your 30″ screen. Actually there is no console games which can match computer graphics.

• Anonymous says:

Post that on some shit site like gamefaqs, specifically the PS3 boards (since the 360 fans don’t really give a shit). Someone will almost always tell you that the PS3 is comparable to or better than a PC.

• Anonymous says:

Uh, if it’s only a problem of size, why didn’t they just put it on more DVDs?
    6 dual layer DVD’s are as big as 1 dual layer BD. And they could have used both sides of the DVDs, which wouldn’t look as appealing as a disc with one side of data and the other side with artwork, but they could make both Versions identical this way.
    I own a x360, so i am not really sure, but don’t you have to install ALL games as a ps3 user anyway?`So what’s the deal? Dvds are way cheaper than blu rays so it wouldn’t be a question of money too.
    I am not a graphics fetishist, but a game that has a lot of cutscenes and a linear style and not a that exciting gameplay lives from the graphics. 567p is PS2 resolution, I want to enjoy ff13 at least in native 720p dammit :(. Fuck square enix for that.

• Anonymous says:

It’s not only a problem of size. It’s a problem of code efficiency. Quality was reduced because framerates would otherwise be unplayable.
      The only thing that would benefit from more storage are the pre-rendered movies.

• Anonymous says:

Multi-disc games don’t work like that (well, they didn’t in the days of PSX FF games at any rate).

There’s a lot of data that has to go on each disc; basically, every single thing in the game that isn’t unique to one disc has to go on all of them, or at least more than one. That means there’s a lot of redundant data. For FF7, 8 & 9, the whole game except for the movies had to go on each disc.

Let’s say that all of the data that has to be on each disc takes up 3GB: for every extra disc, there’d be 3GB of redundant data, so 6 discs would really give you 25.8GB of data, because those 3GB of character, vehicle weapon and enemy models and textures, backgrounds, music, spell textures and whatever else has to go on each disc get repeated an extra 5 times and waste 15GB. If those bits of the game make up 3GB, you’d need 10 discs to make it comparable to the blu-ray. If the shared data takes up 5GB, you’d need 19 discs, and so on.

*waits to get rated down for posting boring, tl;dr tech stuff*

• saski_kojiro says:

Well, maybe images in FF13 is somewhat better on PS3, so what? Do you play games because of graphics or because of gameplay? By the way I haven’t game consoles at all, and I’m not fan of JRPG. All consoles are proprietary shit specially for having your money.

• Anonymous says:

I own both a 360 and PS3. While I usually favor gaming on the 360, I’m kinda glad that FFXIII is better on the PS3. That means I can import the Japanese PS3 version for $30 and have no regrets.

• Anonymous says:

the 360 version is enjoyable, the graphics looks nice even on a 1080p tv, the only thing that looks like shit are the poorly encoded CG movies(in fact they look worse than ingame cutscenes…), which is square’s fault, not the console’s.

• Anonymous says:

How is Final Fantasy renowned for open-world exploring? They are all linear games. Getting access to a world map when there is only 1 accessible location doesn’t count. Fallout 3 and Oblivion are “open-world exploring” – no FF game has ever had anything like this (and that’s why I prefer FF).

All options and subquests opened up toward the end of the game, just like in XIII. I don’t see what the big problem is.

• Anonymous says:

…so… this “significant inferiority” is because the 360’s screens are a bit fuzzier around the edges?

Wow. Just wow. I’m amazed someone went through all that effort just to show that the 360 has fuzzier graphics.

I mean, it’s like comparing 999,999,999 to 1,000,000,000. You must have some damn high standards to say it has “significant inferiority.”

• Anonymous says:

I like the colours better on a number of the 360 shots, but you can clearly see the difference in crispness in some of the ‘motion’ screenshots towards the bottom when you blow them up, in which case the PS3 looks better.

The question is… would it be really noticeable on a big screen TV when everything actually is going on? If its not noticeably inferior in action, then the comparison is pointless.

• Anonymous says:

Well, count me sold. Unless I hear about slowdown, of course.

Is Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360 inferior to the PS3 version? Yep. Does that change the fact that the game is still graphically one of the best games available on the Xbox 360? Not a chance.

At this point, complaining about the game’s graphics is like getting a finely-cut diamond and complaining about the purity of the color as being off just a smidgeon. You’re right, it’s not quite as good as it could be, but underneath that minor defect it’s still a damned diamond.

If the game runs without slowdown, I’ll happily pick it up. I know what I’m getting is pretty linear, but hey, most JRPGs offer little in the way of benefits regarding a lot of backtracking anyway. Yeah, the option to go back ain’t there any more, but that doesn’t really change the fact that previously going back to the beginning of most games entailed hearing the same canned speech we got from villagers at the start of the game and being able to buy the same shitty starting equipment/spells/skills we could back then.

Then again, if it runs like ass on the Xbox 360 and is also less pretty, I’ll probably pick it up on PS3 whenever I get around to buying one.

• Anonymous says:

Read the full Digital Foundry article, instead of just the bits presented here. You’ll find that they compared the two versions for framerate as well. The 360 came out on top, but from the vids I don’t think that it’s particularly noticeable beyond looking at the numbers.

It’s one of the things that’s puzzling about the conversion, as it seems odd that the 360 version uses the same dithered transparencies as the PS3 version when there appears to be enough power spare to do them better.

FFVII often had an abysmal frame rate, but nobody really cared because it wasn’t an action game. In my view, SE should have just rendered everything at the best quality they could on both versions and let the frame-rate drop to 25-20fps, because if an RPG is made to the same standards as an action game, you’re doing it wrong.

• TehBoringOne says:

I dunno about being the same case as with the Japanese version… As far as I understand (I’m not very knowledgeable about the Japanese gaming press), Famitsu gave it a 39 out of 40, which kept expectations rather high.

Over here, people have called it linear in a few reviews, so maybe consumers aren’t expecting as much?

Just a guess.

• chriselric says:

Fuck the whining. The xbox360 version looks fantastic. Much better than the space it takes up warrants against the PS3 version. I can’t speak for framerates, but unless they’re vastly different, This is pretty impressive.

Facing facts, the xbox 360 is a little less powerful. Always will be. but the xbox 360 was faaaaaar cheaper when it came out, and thus is why I bought it. I RRoD’d like everyone else but, you know, it gets replaced after a bit of mail this here, mail that there, and the only real problem is a few weeks of downtime-something I could live with.

Now if you were going to buy one of the consoles for this game, now that the price gap is nonexistant I’d say go with the PS3 version. but considering most xbox 360 owners have been xbox 360 owners from 1-2 years after it’s release, it’s really not a bad thing we’ve got going on.

• Anonymous says:

Looks worst in motion than it does in screenshot. It is a VERY obvious difference in CG. There are some obvious differences in the gameplay footage, but chances are they are missable while playing the game. The difference while in some situations obvious are not such blemishs that can be easily spotted without side by side. The CG on the other hand, everyone will notice the grainy low quality video.

• Anonymous says:

I find myself straining my eyes just to see a slight blur difference in the 2 pictures. I highly doubt I’d notice any difference of quality if I was actually playing the game and watching moving images.

• Anonymous says:

If you’re straining your eyes than you should really get them checked…It’s also might be more noticeable while moving…or at least from pre-rendered to cutscenes with motion.

• ChaosAngelZero says:

Man, what’s up with the DF guy writing “JPRG”? I commented about that in their site when they did it with the previous article, what the fuck?!

Anyways, thanks for quoting it, Arte.

• Really why is this important? It has slightly toned down graphics that most people wouldn’t be able to tell at first glace. Since when are graphics such a big deal anyway? The only people who are going to care are graphics whores. I care about gameplay more then I do graphics.

• Anonymous says:

I don’t care about graphics; I’m worried that they’ll have put more content/gameplay/whatever into the PS3 edition because I own a 360 not PS3 and I’m not buying another console because of petty differences in graphics for my being intent on the purchase of one game.

• Anonymous says:

SE would never mess with content/gameplay. They only moved it to the X360 because of the western market, which had more x360 consoles sold. Doing what you apparently fear they would do would ruin chances for a good sell.

what did xbox owner said about vesperia and so4….oh yes:

“enjoy the same game six month later”

also for the record,(us)ps3 owner (who didn’t imported it) will also get it on the psn…cheaper.

• Anonymous says:

people need to get this straight,even ff fanboys:

this might be a good GAME to some people.

but it fail as a FF,period.

should have been made a movie instead…

i loved xenosaga,but i won’t go down the same road all over again.
    (just when i thought game had progressed…)

also unrelated to this news but just in case:

“we wanted to tell a story”

then go make a freaking book or a movie instead dammit.
    siting in front of god know how many cinematic then going in a straight line to the next one isn’t called “playing”,seriously the fight a like a dvd bonus or “mini game” in this,in the fact that they seem so unrelated to the story.

• Anonymous says:

Which reviews have you been reading? D: The only thing I’ve heard people complain about is “LINEAR GAME, NO TOWNS, OH MY GOD I DON’T EVEN OWN IT YET, I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH!!!11!!” yet, everytime I read a review, yes, the comments ARE still the same, but they praise the gameplay and graphics, and the story as well. Really, I don’t care that the game is linear. I’m still going to buy it, and I’m going to enjoy my ENDLESS TUNNEL RUNNER 13 until I’m done with it in three days and trade it in for Resonance of Fate.

• Anonymous says:

I rather get star ocean insted of Final fantasy…

Nothing ever good in 13teens…

Friday the 13th
    a room 13
    a killer that kills on the 13th
    being a killers 13 victem
    and so on and ditto

• I don’t know which is worse: the fact that they used downscaled JPEGs for graphic comparisons, or the fact that even with that image quality PS3’s version superiority is clearly evident.

• Anonymous says:

They look different, big whoop, certainly not enough to make anyone who’s not a complete fucking tool go out and buy a PS3 just to play the shinier version of the game. Now can we move on to discussing other games, you know, ones that aren’t worthless pieces of shit.

• Anonymous says:

Personally I think Square-Enix wanted it to look better on the PS3.Who decided on 3 disks. Square did! They could of easily made it 5 or 6 disks. I don’t mind. It would of had a cool collector’s box and art on every disk. They could of kept 720p on the 360 by adding more disks.Sony just wanted their version to look better that is all!

• Anonymous says:

No matter what people say, I believe the linearity of the game is because of 360. If the game had more places do explore, side quests and etc, a lot of content would be absent from the 360 port and people would rage.

• Anonymous says:

God you sony fanboys are fucked in the head. Listen closely, I will use caps so you get it..

THE GAME WAS HALF WAY FUCKING FINISHED OR MORE WHEN SQUARE AND MS CAME TO AN AGREEMENT. THEY WERE ALREADY SET ON HOW THE GAME WAS GOING TO BE AT THAT TIME.

there does your little mind get it now?

• Anonymous says:

not really the reason why it looks like that is because it’s fully compressed and removed to fit into 3 discs cuz it’s not cut to be in 4.
        It’s not about the release date or something that’s just the way it is 360 now is haveing problems in high scale games like this cuz of the lacking of blue-ray

• Anonymous says:

Imagine this,……..if the game wasn’t linear then it would of taken another three years to come out.Building towns,shops, quest {all in high resolution) would of taken forever to make! This game has been in production for at least four years.People don’t want to wait anymore. Going linear was the best decision, unless people wanted to wait till 2013 for a nonlinear game!

• Anonymous says:

No,the game has taken a freaking long to come out because the FF franchise lately is more of a “pretty game” series than a “fun game” series.
      They wanted to make their first next gen ff “pretty” and that’s why it taked damn long for it to come out.

Yes,making it non-linear with that in mind would have been really long,but making it FUN while not being so OBSESSED by the graphic would have been BETTER.

• echelon64 says:

I don’t see a difference, none. Enjoy your “graphically superior” Marathon Runner on the PS3. Enjoy great amounts of disc switching on the Xbox360.

tl;dr Choose your poison.

• hmm picture #5: ps3, it look like she got a beard on her right side face/cheek. 360, i guess regular 3d skin and same texture as ps3 ffvii beta. unless im wrong on the two console because of my monitor or the photo.

• julian0086 says:

Mr.Art*fact seems to be a real fanboy of ff
    series since he posted so many news about ff13.
    and almost nothing about
    Mass effect 2
    Fallout 3
    Bishock 2
    Assassin’s creed 2
    Modern Warfare 2
    Bad company 2
    Aliens vs Predator

indeed:
    Mr.Art*fact = Square enix,jrpg,ps3 fanboy

• Ciscotaku says:

this whole website is 90% bout japanese culture. who the fuck gives a shit bout those games. if you wanna read bout video games in general, you might be in the wrong place. so gtfo.

• julian0086 says:

japanese culture huh?
        where are the news about:
        Yakuza 3
        Yakuza 4(soon to be released in japan)
        Gundam Assault Survive
        Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam Next
        GOD EATER

can you answer this question then?
        sadly you are just defending your admirable papa art*fact.

well I know nobody would understand my point
        because this place is full of weeaboos
        but I’m just fucking sad that you people living in prestige(western nation) would admire a doomed declining culture.

• julian0086 says:

Hell, when I use e instead of * in spelling your name, art*fact, i get denied.
      You’re the god here right?

My guess is that you are from Taiwan or Hongkong, living in some NA or European country or japan, and is a fanboy of SONY,FF series. Hating mainland china, never directly say 360 is bad but seldom report the good part of 360 and usually use comparisons to show ps3’s superiority(which is not the case in reality)
      And you hate mainland china but you never admit that.

And of courst you got lots of your site users to support your heavy bias towards xbox360 and china.

good job, man, you are really a BASTARD

• Anonymous says:

will they quit adding stupid posts about this ridiculously stupid comparison? Tired of hearing about FFXIII. If you never compared the two side by side nobody would ever notice a thing.

• Barbarian of Gor says:

I’ve been looking at the comparison image and they look the same… At least in the PS3/X360 “Bayonetta” ravings there was some obvious “Sloppy work” like background and floor texture maps that didn’t fit right, but this looks identical on both platforms.

What IS the issue?

Not that I’ll likely get either anyways.

• Anonymous says:

Generally the 360 version is a blurry mess with horrible pixely edges, while the PS3 version is a pixely mess with lovely blurred edges. In all the PS3 version is vastly superior given a reasonable distance from your TV, while both have downsides if your nose marking your plasma screen, and I’m not sure I’d call either vastly superior, though the PS3 does still win in that case too.

• Anonymous says:

Artefact seems to be a real fanboy of ff
    series since he posted so many news about ff13.
    and almost nothing about
    Mass effect 2
    Fallout 3
    Bishock 2
    Assassin’s creed 2
    Modern Warfare 2
    Bad company 2
    Aliens vs Predator

indeed:
    Artefact = Square enix,jrpg,ps3 fanboy

Fail.
      None of those games were made in Japan. Or even Asia. This site is mostly about stuff related to otaku culture. It’s only rarely that a game made in America is talked about here. Like the World of Warcraft facts. But the source of the article was a Japanese website. Also, WoW has nearly half of it’s players in Asia.

• Caligastia says:

I don’t think he’s such a FF fanboy as you say, he’s posted several articles making fun of how the game didn’t live up to the incredibly overhyped image the marketing efforts have tried to sell.

Regarding the lack of WRPGs and FPS on this site, well, what did you expect? this is a site about JAPANESE culture after all…

Being a PS3 owner (and a broke SB) I have to admit that there are some games 360 has that I wish I could play and will envy Xbots for having them, Mass Effect is one of them, check out the ME 2 review on gametrailers if you think the 360 is a pile of trash or that its games suck, it’ll definitely imbue you a good dose of humility.

*Rant* *Babble* LINEAR *Giberish* *Tirade*…Am I cool now? I sure am a FF connoisseur….

• You’re being ridiculous. Just because the graphics are less detailed doesn’t equal BAD.

Also the story isn’t linear. a lot of the maps are, which really means nothing since most games go from point A to B- especially when we’re talking the average RPG.

What would “linear story” mean anyway?

I really cannot see the difference either. I’ve seen side-by-side comparisons before and this is not a dramatic difference. To my eyes, it’s not even different at all!

• im playing this game and it looks awesome if u guys don’t wanna play… who cares.. only thing is, u ppl will miss a lot lol…

and one more things morons JRPGs are meant to be linier.. don’t freaking compair it with those shity western rpg

• OK, since apparently I pissed all you fuckers off, let me make it easier to understand. what I was saying is that complaining about something being linear is completely useless since EVERY FUCKING PIECE OF ENTERTAINMENT IS LINEAR!

• Lonesnipa says:

First off, its COMPLAIN about video games, not complete.

Secondly, in an RPG like, say, Final Fantasy 5, you have the option of doing things differantly. You can choose your classes, where you wanna go, etc. There is depth in the game. I dunno what there is of that in FF13, but, and this is a big but, take Dragon Age for example now.

In dragon age, you can start off as one of 3 classes, 3 races, and 6 origons. Dependant on which you choose, you get a differant game. Dependant on where you choose to go after completing a short starting thing, you get to make differant choices about how you interact with people. There are many people in towns you can interact with. They can give you information, and other useful things like quests. Dependant on how you play, you get a differant ending. That, is an RPG. It actually amazes me that an american company manages to do a JRPG better then companys allegedly being japanese.

Also, just for the record the reason why you watch anime, is because generally, assuming you don’t go and watch say, Naruto, or Bleach, or One piece, is that you can watch an anime in the space of 3-4 afternoons, or more if you have more free time. You do not have to do anything except switch discs, and not even taht if you have it on your harddrive. If I wanted to watch anime, I’d do that. If I want to play a fucking RPG, I break out something like Earthbound, FF4-6 or tactics, mass effect 1-2, something that actually involves walking around and exploring a fucking world, and not the world godamn longest corridor.

• Ciscotaku says:

I cant wait to get it. I dont care what you ppl say bout the game, you all or most of you havent even tried it. Yes, game might be linear, but story line can well make up for it, specially nowadays when its hard to fine a game with a great story line.

• Anonymous says:

So its bad for us to think it’s a bad game based on several reviews and peoples opinions that complain about issues we find important, but it is okay for you to think it will be great just based on the brand and prestige

• Ciscotaku says:

I’m not stating you are not entitle to your opinions about the game. what i’m trying to say i’d rather judge the game my self. and yes, i do think it’ll be great cause of brand and prestiege. i’ve enjoyed most of all the major Final fantasy releases, including 11 and 12. and dont come and tell me what i’m suppose to like or hate. If the game will entertain me for 50+ hrs for only $60, it’ll be more than worth it, even if its linear.

• AsakuraZero says:

waiting the price cuts πŸ˜› we all want it, but im paying the full prince, there are better things to buy with that money… like gunpla or anime figures.

or why not ? a tenga

• Anonymous says:

I’m pretty sure it’s the 360’s fault if you’re talking about the graphics(as in it was an afterthought). If you’re referring to the game as a whole, it was their decision to go this direction not because they had a limited budget. The game does seem too streamlined but still a decent game.

• Darkrockslizer says:

Well not all of us… it’s the first time I do not want a newest FF.

Yes, even before I try it. I don’t care about how many “form your own opinion” comments I’d get like the last time.
        This IS my opinion!

I play Japanese RPGs because they ARE Japanese RPGs!

So if I hear Final Fantasy I want a God Damn RPG not a frilly chasm promenade!

• Yeah only pain in the ass perfections should be able to see the BIG differences between the two.

Technically, they’re both very different visually.
          But artistically, they’re exactly the same.

I mean really?is it that much of a difference if you see the tires on the motorcycle more clearly? Its all just a bunch of pointless yammering made to build buzz about this game. People will buy it. And im pretty positive (in NA and EU anyway) that the x360 will outsell the ps3. I mean look at Bayonetta, the PS3 version outsold the x360 version despite being visually lacking.

Unless youre gaming on something bigger than a 42″ HDTV (in that case you probably own a ps3 anyway) you wont be missing THAT much.

This pointless debate is so much like the mp3 vs FLAC debate. You can hear both fine so who gives a fuck (unless you’re a douchebag). I mean AMIRITE.

• Anonymous says:

Let’s be honest how anal do you seriously have to be to say that the 360 is totally inferior, because from everything i’ve seen ok yes the ps3 was bound to look better overall, because the game was aimed at the console, but the difference is hardly notable even with a magnifying glass.. People who only own a 360 aren’t really going to give a shit at the tiniest minute different between these comparisons.

• Anonymous says:

i so understand what you mean….to bad i already imported it. >.>

if only this poor anonymous can comfort you by telling you did the right choice,it’ll make this wasted money worth it…