Sony: “PS3 Bug Has Fixed Itself”

ps3-tan-xbox-360-tan-by-mike-inel

PS3 owners and Sony alike will be heaving a sigh of relief with the news that the PS3’s battle with the complexities of leap year dating has been resolved with no action required on the part of Sony.

Sony’s statement on the matter:

We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year.

Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally.

If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet. If we have new information, we will update you through the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Their “It only does everything” slogan has never seemed so appropriate, or so unwelcome.

A happy resolution for all, save perhaps crowing Xbox 360 fans who find their favoured console’s reliability record will not likewise be fixed by total inaction on the part of the manufacturer.

00:09 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

*Sigh*

SanCom and your flame baiting >.<

02:39 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That bull My still broken all of my hard work on MW2 is gone and Heavy rain still wont play???? and I didnt even have it connected to the psn network....

02:48 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

PS3 rapes X-box 360 ass !!!

04:12 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmm, kinda reminds me of when the Zune had this same problem. The older models were freaking out and basically bricked itself cause of a internal clock problem. The next day, it fixed itself. Neither company had a official reason as to why it happened and neither had a solution to fix the problem except don't play/use your device. Weird.

03:07 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

xbox 360 was out a year before ps3 obviously its not going to be as good but the ps3 is shite considering they had an extra year and has very little difference for it

both amazing consoles in their own right

21:26 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

技术的索尼,技术的PS3

22:17 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What!?! The console fixed itself? Man that just wrong... how can?? That's just evil, I tell you. That's can only be be the work of the DEVIL!

No seriously, I hope it never happens again... It didn't happen to my PS3, but I could play with my pals yesterday...

Comment by Lord Ryo
    22:48 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well I guess it’s time to take that Twinkie out of my PS3 eat it and pour that dust back on my 360. (Although it was good to get my Judith fix)

Coincidentally my internet went out seconds after Sony announced the PS3 is self correcting its problem. (I’m borrowing internet from my neighbor but my PS3 has troubles connecting to this access point) So I’ll wait until then to see if my Uncharted trophies have returned. But everything else seems to in order. Looks like I’m still a Sony fan afterall.

Comment by Reichi
    12:45 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think it would have been better if this had happened on April 1st~
    Though I suppose no one finds humor in their data being lost.

00:10 28/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I believe the day these events happened is why the PSN shall die. It was no minor glitch, I believe that the "bugs" were just side-effects of hackers putting a trojan into the PSN system. 6-8 weeks of data mining by the 1337est of the 1337 could easily compromise systems well enough. NINTENDO AND PC FOREVAR BIOTCH.

06:24 28/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

As we can see on the picture on this thread PS3 wins in every aspect :)

Comment by Yourtime
    07:57 27/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

lol mike inel :D

03:40 04/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It only does 02.29.10

05:28 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I find it rather hilarious how the 360 fanboys mocked this, its like saying
    "Hahaha, the PS3 died for a day, and the 360 only does that once a month!"
    I'd prefer to have my trophy data wiped than the RRoD anyday.

And you know what I played while it was down?
    The NES.
    Better than this current gen shit by a long shot >.>

05:47 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Trophy data was never wiped. As soon as you connect to PSN and put the game back on all your trophies will be back. Your trophies are backed up on your PSN account so nothing should be lost.

06:48 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is completely true.
    Yeah, the 360 crowd is a ravenous, jealous bunch.

09:29 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

bizarre PS3 Bios have y2k problem

07:21 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

PS3 trolled its users good.

Console deserves recognition for this.

20:08 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Microsoft Executives: assholes, type green.
    Sony Executives: assholes, type orange.

Such a weasel-worded way of saying, 'some of our products have a problem'. 'All our non-phat PS/3s have _CORRECTLY_-functioning clock code. Ignore the symptom, and we'll issue another non-apology statement in a few years.'

Corrupted/lost data due to bad clock code == FAIL.

"At Ford
    Toyota
    Microsoft
    Sony, Quality is Job #1!"

Sincerely,
    A Dis-satisfied PS/3 Owner

14:14 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Keep exaggerating RROD, though it simply is not true it will give rise to hatred and the war shall start anew.

14:29 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Funny thing about the RROD, people tend to overlook that it's usually brought on by the owner of the console not taking proper care of it. Perhaps the "high percentage" of RRODs are merely due to the accessibility and user-friendliness of the xbox360, with the demographic being those adolescent youngsters who aren't likely to take care of their own stuff, it's not surprising.

I own both consoles and I love them both, but I do notice a trend that whenever a problem arises with the PS3, when someone mentiones something PS3 fanboys jump down the throats of the 360 fanboys with the two tired arguments "RROD" and "Paid Subscriptions".

RROD isn't a problem for those who care about their console, and the PS3 has had its fair share of network issues, including this one. You get what you pay for.

Commence flame war.

23:48 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Wrong, RROD happens due to the xbox 3fixme's huge design flaw. Micro$cum are just money grabbing and cheap :D

04:27 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

+360

16:41 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"You get what you pay for."... wow... just wow, the ps3 is more expensive than the 360, no wonder the 360 is so crappy, and with less money being spent on internet, ps3 ppl can buy more games, unlike 360 games wich are so annoying to buy, bcuz u buy it and then u realize you hav to buy a stupid internet card.

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    14:35 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

*sigh*

Nothing's perfect...

Humans make a sh*tload of mistakes that end up making everyone feel the RAGE, as does machines nowadays...Until SKYNET that is...

14:39 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I was saying to my friend earlier, all 3 consoles have their ups and downs, I own all 3 of them, and love them all. Fanboys just get angry because they're jealous that they can't enjoy the benefits of the other consoles.

15:02 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You've got to be off your fucking rocker. I take exceptional care of my systems and have since the Atari. I've had 5 360's and only has my recent Elite not had the RROD. After the first time my 360 (core) got the RROD I began to take even better care of it, however it was no use at all. Oh well.

I play both PS3 and Xbox 360 and have to say I've had ten times less problems with my PS3 (didn't even experiance today fiasco) and while I've played my elite more I will say Sony's got Microsoft beat on reliability hands down.

03:22 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow, Anonymous 22:19, considering how many people's 360's RROD on them you're getting lucky.

I myself have had three of them. My circle of friends couldn't afford the PS3 when it first came out so they all bought Xbox 360's meaning I got an Xbox 360. Well now that it's cheaper they all prefer the PS3. Personally I like 360, PS3, and Wii, but you've got to be blind if you don't see something amiss with the way Microsoft's made their consoles. Even if you've had absolutely no problems, it seems like for every one good Xbox there's about three broken xbox 360's.

After all I'm no fan boy I love gaming on the 360 but as a gamer I hold no allegiance towards one more than the other but I do feel like my ass is a little sore after having spent so much on this generation's consoles, primarily the 360, Wii's been great though.

22:19 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

>If I were inclined to believe you I'd tell you that I'm 99% positive your issue is you're inclined to use your 360 in tower mode, either that or you use one of those "cooling fans".

Although I'm not the one that uses the 360 in this house, we have a cooling fan AND the console always standing. It's even modded (Funny thing though, it hasn't been banned yet. I mean, sure, we removed the ethernet cable before turning it on so it couldn't connect to the internet, but still). There were even occasions where the console would be running for 24+ hours (forgetting to turn it off). No overheating, not a single RRoD. Go figure.

16:53 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Anon 15:51,

"Lack of spell-check makes me disappoint," really? Do me a favor and look at what you just wrote followed by your next bit of text and tell me who needs spell check more.

I honestly can't say I'm the retarded one for purchasing that many systems as I do enjoy the 360 and it's certainly not hurting my bank account any. Maybe if I spend enough money this time around I will not have to the next time.

Furthermore I'm not saying you have to believe me, honestly I couldn't care less if you did I was simply stating what happened in my case and what happens to a lot of people. No I don't use the 360 in tower mode as that's what I did with my first 360 and after it scratched the shit out of one of my games I never placed it in that position before. I also don't use the cooling fans as I believe the systems shouldn't NEED a cooling fan if built properly.

Lastly, I've built a special shelf next to my television where the 360 can be away from any and all other electronics (about 3 feet from the t.v.) and can believe perfectly fine. My playstation 3 doesn't even get that much attention. So I'm sorry sir but you fail at your assumptions. I've got a friend that's an Xbox fanboy and he even considers himself lucky that he hasn't got the RROD, at least he can admit that it's a manufacturing problem.

16:57 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"'Lack of spell-check makes me disappoint,' really? Do me a favor and look at what you just wrote followed by your next bit of text and tell me who needs spell check more."

Should read,

"'Lack of spell-check makes me disappoint,' really? Do me a favor and look at what you just wrote then tell me who needs spell check more."

I misread your second sentence and I apologize you actually spelled everything correctly.

Comment by TehBoringOne
    15:47 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

My two brothers and I do the exact same. Take care of every electronic apparatus we own as if it was golden dust. Yet, they are now waiting for their fourth 360, while I bored myself to death today... Waiting for the clocks of by two PS3s to get off that idiot lolercoaster.

15:51 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Your lack of spell-check makes me disappoint.

Not to mention the ridiculous claims you make belie your argument.

You say you've gone through 5 consoles, you're retarded simply for that.

Open area, lying flat, not one of those fans that blows the hot air back into the damn console.

16:20 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sorry buddy you're just butt hurt that your precious Microsoft made a faulty system.

Comment by Zavalix
    14:53 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

As long Sony doesn't decide to be an army contractor in the future, everything's good.

14:51 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This war kind of looks similar to MMOs...

World of Warcraft - xbox360 fanboys
    Every other MMO - PS3 fanboys

Are there a lot of WoW fanboys? Yes.
    But are there a lot of MMOs that had long beaten WoW in game mechanics, graphics and gameplay? Yes.
    Do WoW fanboys know much about the outside world of MMO gaming? Not really. Most of them only know about WoW. Which is pathetic if you'd ask me.

14:41 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, there's always next year. (And we all know it'll happen again then.)

04:52 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

even if it is the case

wouldn't it just fix itself again?

16:49 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It DID not fix itself, its just that it read February 29 as a day that didnt exist, so when March 1 came it read THAT as a day and started working again, this wont happen next year dumbass anaon at 14:41

Comment by TehBoringOne
    14:05 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm usually against fanboyism and against acting similar to one (not exactly LIKE ONE, but close)... But I will do it now...

Suck on that huge, shiny (or matte) black cock that the PS3 has dealt you, stupid Xbox fanboys. You saw people getting sad, pissed, confused and shit and all you could think about was laugh, mock and troll. Go on! Keep worshipping a company that makes faulty products as if it was normal and keep giving them your money. That's all Microsoft wants from you and to screw you over when they want to make a bigger sale.

It's not like Sony is made up of saints, but at least, their damn hardware has a failure rate way below that of Microsoft's.

Once again, suck on that, stupid fanboys. As for me, I'll go have some fun with my PS3... AGAIN.

Comment by No Comment
    17:05 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It's just game consoles. Some of you guys take this way too seriously even if some of yall are just trolling

14:33 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Step 1: Copy other consoles
    Step 2: Announce it is in development and call it innovative
    Step 3: Release while still in development
    Step 4: Re-release finished product 3 years later and call it "slim"
    Step 5: Talk about RROD, ignore the issue you just had
    Step 6: ??????
    Step 7: Profit
    Step 8: Lather, rinse, repeat.

14:35 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Oh, please, it's too big, you're hurting my anus."

12:14 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

PC gaming is FAR SUPERIOR to Console gaming! Better graphics, better movement, easier more accurate aiming, always online for games, cheaper to buy on launch (and a month later even cheaper!!!!), MORE GAMES!!!!, BETTER GAMES!!!!

I own a PS3 fatty, and when it went down, i just played on the PC...how impatient are people...lols

PC GAMING FTW!!! I SECOND THAT!!!

15:42 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

lol someone's a little butt hurt...

pc gaming ftw!

Comment by TehBoringOne
    15:39 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The PS community I observed in the PS blog behaved like spoiled children when in confusion and asslickers when the problem subsided. Quite the amusement, that was.

Comment by TehBoringOne
    15:29 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"I was too busy enjoying my 360 the entire time you were all crying to laugh and make fun."

That is good then... Most of the PS3 users (including stupid fanboys) will go back to whatever games they were playing before.

"Also, not sure what huge cock I was dealt, the PS3 returning to a functioning state after Sony's usual prowess in the realm of programming caused the error in the first place?"

That, coming from a user who pays for hardware with a low quality standard overall. Real genius there. Buying and staying with a brand is not a matter of being offered a great warranty (which let's face it, it IS good), but having a machine that won't break down in such a miserable manner, only to be sent back to get a different one, which may (and most likely will) fail down the line.

"Oh, please, it's too big, you're hurting my anus."

I wouldn't be the one hurting your anus. I don't have (nor want) anything to do with it. And now that I think about it, I made a mistake. The dick in your ass is Microsoft's. Enjoy.

Comment by TehBoringOne
    16:16 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If you mean I'm an anoyed customer, yeah, I am one to a certain extent. I didn't like it when the shit hit the fan and I didn't like the way it "magically" solved itself. Sony should make a patch addressing this issue.

"you may think you're making a good point/being funny, but really you just sound jealous... and butt hurt. either way consoles are gay."

Jealous of what? PCs are only for working in my case. I don't see the need of spending large amounts of money for the latest hardware, when a console can deliver the same experience in some cases, or a better one according to my tastes in many others.

"pc gaming ftw"

Fanboy stance...

And while my current behaviour may seem to be that of a fanboy as well, regarding my dislike of the 360, that only extends to the hardware itself. The games are different. I'm just lucky I can enjoy them without having to drop cash in a drainage for the system.

16:06 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"And to be clear, I'm not one least bit satisfied with the way things turned out. Sony DID NOT FIX the issue (nor I think they will). It was a mistake in design and another in quality assurance to let that flaw pass, I think. Still, seen as a whole, this ridiculous issue with the clock is small, in light of the flaws found in the 360.

But hey. Go back to enjoying your Xbox... while it lasts... I'll do the same with my PS3... while it lasts as well."

Nah, I was trolling a bit, I should apologize, I'm most of the anonymous posts here, except maybe the tool above me. One of my friends is an avid PS3 fanboy, so my gut reaction to your comment was to lash out.

I'm mainly just trying to make a point that neither company is above board on a lot of issues, and nothing seems to get resolved, just patched up with duct tape until another seam bursts.

By the way, tool:
    "Fanboys just get angry because they're jealous that they can't enjoy the benefits of the other consoles."

Comment by BlaqCat
    14:08 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Pretty much like I said to 360 fanboys in the last thread.

1 day of no PS3 vs 3-4 weeks of no 360.

Stop wishing for Sony's failure, and start demanding better treatment from your beloved M$.

Comment by izu taisa
    13:19 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

the era of AI.where now machine have ability to fix it self.yeah now i can rest assure

Comment by BlaqCat
    14:06 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Y'know...that's the beginning of the end for us. So i dunno if this counts as a good thing...