yuu-mental-clinic-mental-health-through-manga-why-do-men-want-to-become-women-003.jpg

Why do so many men say they want to become women?

Yuu Mental Clinic, an accredited psychiatric clinic, provides an explanation of this facet of male psychology in manga format with the aid of doctor Ryo Shinnai and nurse Asuna Kangoshi, translated below:

yuu-mental-clinic-mental-health-through-manga-why-do-men-want-to-become-women-001.jpg
yuu-mental-clinic-mental-health-through-manga-why-do-men-want-to-become-women-002.jpg
yuu-mental-clinic-mental-health-through-manga-why-do-men-want-to-become-women-004.jpg
yuu-mental-clinic-mental-health-through-manga-why-do-men-want-to-become-women-005a.jpg
yuu-mental-clinic-mental-health-through-manga-why-do-men-want-to-become-women-006a.jpg
yuu-mental-clinic-mental-health-through-manga-why-do-men-want-to-become-women-007.jpg
yuu-mental-clinic-mental-health-through-manga-why-do-men-want-to-become-women-008.jpg

The original Japanese version.

Yuu Mental Clinic is by Ueno station in Tokyo – those in need of mental health services can visit their site here; they also publish a series of web comics explaining the treatment mental health issues through manga.

See also “Pedophilia” vs “Lolicon” – Mental Health Through Manga.

Comment by Shippoyasha
    19:52 24/02/2010 # ! Good (+0.6)

I actually agree with this. And I actually sometimes say it out loud that it wouldn't be bad becoming a woman. This is not to do with sexuality really, but that it just seems more freeing to be a woman.

Society in general protects women (UNLESS YOURE MUSLIM. BADUM CHING), women are expected to show emotions on their sleeves, women typically don't scare away people just for being women, they have more sensual bodies to show off with fashion and with fitness, etc etc.

For me, I have problems with people being scared of me on a constant basis just for being a little tall and big (as in muscles).

And of course, if I want to get into anything cute or stylish or anything like that, there's that horrible 'that's gay' accusations. Being a man, there's a lot of social cornering going on. Not saying that being a woman will be easy (like their bodies obviously not being as sturdy/intimidating as a man's would be for the most part), but I definitely see the greener side of the pasture.

21:50 07/04/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Be glad that you're a man -_-"
    all my life I wants to be a man. Being woman is ANNOYING, dammit. Your parents will get overprotective, people will underestimate you, if you're cute, you'll be raped/chased, and some of them can be very annoying -_-" Skirt isn't nice. Menstruation isn't nice either. Not to mention the pain of giving birth and 9-months-of pregnancy. And you will be you husband's slave, sort of. When I cry, people will tease me.You want to wear something cute? well, I wanna wear pants and shirts, not some kind of uncomfortable gown.In my country, women have lower status than man. It happens in most countries actually. it's okay for you to run free, play dirty, not wearing make-up and gown (it wasn't comfortable at all. it's itchy. and it'll constrict your move.)I can't do that. Breast are annoying and heavy. it jiggle when you're run, bra is SERIOUSLY uncomfotable,I'm weaker than boys even when I'm already train my body, and blah blah blah. just a few hours ago I asked some boys, "shich one do you think is better, being boys of girls?" and they all said, "boys". in unison. Fuck my life,indeed.

Comment by dantesmaster
    14:07 17/06/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

is not fun being a man

01:20 18/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, Fuck being a man.
    You think it's easy to be a man?
    You have no idea what we've been through, you'll never, ever understand it, cause you can just let everything out whenever you feel like it.
    But us man? We did this, we got arrested, we did that we got fuck by society.
    You'll probably say 'Let it all out then', but if we let it out, 1, no one will agree with you, they will think you're the wrong one, 2, you'll hear a phrase 'man up' *(p/s: FUCK MAN UP), 3, you got make fun of, and be left alone.
    The wound gets bigger and bigger everyday, no one's there to fix it with us, the stress DEEP INSIDE, you'll never stands/understands how pain it is. Just like how us men won't know how hurt is it to give birth, yet

02:37 25/02/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I think, most men fail to understand that with a man's responsibility comes power. Things might be easier on women, but women will often get the short end of the stick in society.

Then again, a lot of those femanist issues have been dealt with already. However, there are still real life dangers to being a woman. For one, your safety will always (bold italics underlined caps) be in question. So, it really depends on where you live.

01:28 18/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Pffft Feminist doesn't care about men, they just want women to get treated equally with men, while still holding women's advantages.
    and Responsibility? we did our part, but we got nothing back, and you still expect us to continue?

Comment by yaku
    13:14 25/02/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The grass is always greener on the other side...

Both sexes have their advantages and disadvantages. Fashion and emotions are still valid arguments, but things are changing slowly but surely for the best in those.

20:12 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Why not be a lesbian futanari?

Best of both worlds.

09:48 18/03/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I'd rather be a man. You'd get to get with beautiful women instead of men with their ugly ass dicks.

01:31 18/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I rather getting a dick then having a dick

11:37 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

This is the reason behind the traps

Comment by ----
    09:29 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Japanese men wish to be women just so they can express themselves? How depressing.

09:48 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Well there Japanese I mean c'mon. These are the guys that want to wear bra's and skirts so its not really a surprise. As much as I love there culture wearing woman's clothing and wanting to get a sex change is where I draw the line.

13:08 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Idiot! This happens EVERYWHERE! Go outside once in a while!

14:45 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

no sorry i can't leave the Internet for a Minuit or i will get sick ...

Comment by Takumi
    13:14 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, and why did Anon at 09:48 get down voted? It's true, and he has a point, and this article is really silly. Maybe it's funny, but most of it is a load of crock.

12:26 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Judging by some of the sad stories on here about how a man can talk to a girl and be charged with sexual harassment, I really don't see why they wouldn't want to become women. If I couldn't talk to any females without fear of being charged and labeled as a sex offender, I'd want a sex change too.

13:31 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Genius :)

20:50 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Men want to be young beautiful women until they start to grow old and saggy and look ugly, THEN they want to become men again.

Men age better, older men are better looking then older women (without makeup).

Oh and Men want to have the experience of being submissive/raped at least once.

Comment by Ray
    21:43 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What an adorable and informative little comic. Thumbs up for that mental health clinic, rather fresh ideas.

As for the issue, I think women have it easier at certain points in life and would indeed like a woman "try-out" for a week/month or so, but in general I like my Y chromosome very much.

Looking long term I'd much prefer being a man. Being able to have a child aside, you'll do much better in life as an older, well educated and financially stable man than an older woman. Which is why it's not that uncommon to see older men with much much younger women, but reverse rarely happens. Might sound sexist but men age "better....until they die earlier cause of the crippled Y chromosome. =(

17:50 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

External links seem broken for me most of the time, the script adds a ";" at the end which some sites tolerate but most others don't.

17:47 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

An ugly man can become popular by being rich, funny, smart, talented, determined, hard working.

An ugly woman is doomed no matter what she does.

A pretty woman has an expiration date.

Frankly, I'd rather be a man.

Comment by ceressculd
    18:09 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I rather be loli '-'

oh wait... where is the trap? LOL

17:17 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh god the ED one

Comment by Kelvin
    16:35 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I want to become a woman...with a dick.

18:19 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

For some reason I was expecting to see Baka to Test's Hideyoshi mixed in there somewhere.

19:23 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Those mental health mangas make no sense whatsoever.

18:25 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

So do men want to become women because all men deep down want to be waifus and be able to have a life grow inside of them?

19:57 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, on the bright side, men becoming waifus will have a real 3D waifu to play with and give ke~ki to. Themselves.

20:12 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Being a woman, I have to disagree with a lot of this.

Personally, I want to become a man.

11:57 26/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If you're a man though you dont get to wear any sexy panties. :(

08:46 26/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Who actually has the gall to claim that they know which sex has it easier? If you're male, you only know what it's like to be male and vice versa. I'm sure if we had to live an entire year with a body of the opposite sex, some aspects of that life would catch us completely off guard.

(Transsexuals don't count; you can get a sex change but you will never know what it's like to have a biologically natural body that corresponds to whichever sex you identify as. So you'll never know what it's like to have the "full package". sry2say.)

05:21 28/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Also, we'll probably never get to know what it feels like to grow from a child to an adult (sexually) as both a man and a woman, and what it feels like to become old and degrade for both genders.

01:12 27/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm a woman and I would like to be a man. I simply hate my "femenine" side u.u

13:21 02/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Same as you. I hate breast & menstruation. but I still like my cute face& cute dress(though most of my clothes is t-shirt & trouser)

Comment by Ink
    05:59 18/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd never say this anywhere else, but I'd really like to be a man. A flat chest, no bleeding once a month, a deeper voice, never being expected to wear makeup/skirts/dresses/panties or be feminine EVER AGAIN... Sounds good to me.
    I'd probably be gay, but hey, whatever. XD

Comment by Carrie
    18:28 25/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Interesting, amusing, and well-executed: a tripartite of good characteristics. I'd love to see translations for the others on their site - one of them seems to include an elaborate Ace Attorney parody.

02:45 04/09/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

If you're ugly and fat as a man, you'll be just as ugly and fat as a woman(unless you get tons of cosmetic surgery). That's something most guys do not think about.

Comment by OTIKA
    17:30 14/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

As derived in Astro Boy.

"I don't desire to be something else. I am made of X gender, so I may as well be the best damn X there ever is."

11:07 25/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If you are wondering about why men want to become women, think about this: you go out on a date with a cute girl: who pays?

00:38 25/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

how about this one?

please translate this too!

01:21 25/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

what I would like to know is the name of the mangaka! He's actually pretty good in terms of balance between script and art. Anyway, thanks for another yuu mental clinic, Artefact

23:53 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Its true more advantagous to be a woman, at least that what I think.
    sure there advantagous of became a man like more opportunity open in military or other hi risk jobs like deep sea oil exploration.
    but same apply to the woman that have job exclusivly for their respective gender

Being a man also hold more advantageus posision in emergency situation, like disaster. or when no toilet man just can pee under a tree with no problem ./lol

but in general public, advantage of being women maybe more significant (other than what have been stated above). I noted few things like
    -There are ladies night but no Men Night
    -girls get treat, like free drink or special bonuses more often
    -special treatment in public service
    -Expresion "Ladies First" explain the meaning
    -public service prioritise woman over man, like gain more hospitality services
    -can raise social status without education or hard work, just by using physical apparance (in other word) seduction. while on man being overshadowed by the wife is embaresing thing
    -see a girl cry and man will try to get whatever she want (Flaten your mate wallet realyy fast) - Tears is powerfull weapon that can criple man with ease
    -Etc

but also noted, that as age progresing Life as a women became more harder, due to pressing of community.
    while a single man in age of 35 can be regarded as mature, economic stabiliity and have good prospec in raising a family
    but if women in age of 35 is single, that don't look very good in public eyes

IMO women have more advantage, especialy in youth
    but the presure will became more heavy as age progresion, since woman must care and aware for physical aparence and trend.
    while man have constant preasure since birth

when there is no one to rely on like in catastropic disaster, being a man is more advantageus. since no one to rely on

but in the normal condition, woman have more advantageus position over man, especialy if she is young and beutiful XP

21:53 07/04/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

When I cried, they just tease me more

23:59 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

agreee

being man mean advanture and challange

being women mean safe and stable

Comment by Fonzer
    23:10 24/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

oh well men were always slaves to society and women XD

02:59 06/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

well i dont personally feel that first one is ok, but there isnt anything lost in being ont he womans good side ;) if you know what i mean, just NEVER got on the bad side O_O

Comment by alex251
    01:30 25/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

what, no lolicon ? :)
    "don't let out things which shouldn't be let out" :)
    The two are the best doctors I know.

01:57 25/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This made me think why school lessons weren't taught with mangas... It'll be entertaining and educational and I wont fall asleep