Japanese men asked to rank the most embarrassing things their girlfriends got up to offer up an interesting selection of presumably not uncommon faux pas.
1. She puts on makeup on the train.
2. She has bad table manners.
3. She brags about past evil deeds.
4. She gets angry at shop assistants who make mistakes.
5. She speaks in a very masculine manner (using ore, omae, etc).
6. She behaves cutely (only) if any men are present.
7. She pretends to know things she doesn’t.
8. She uses a lot of Internet slang.
9. She keeps asking “how old do I look”?
10. She dashes for empty seats on trains or buses.
Astonishingly, the least problematic of the behaviours mentioned was “always wearing highly revealing clothing.”