Namco: “No Perfect Tales of Vesperia Overseas!”

judith-tales-of-vesperia-sexy-bikini.jpg

Namco Bandai has consigned international fans of Tales of Vesperia to eternal beta tester status, saying it has no intention of releasing the PS3 version of the game in the US (and presumably in less important places too).

With the admittedly utterly staid and unoriginal Tales series performing unimpressively in its localised versions, it is not a huge surprise to see Namco saying it has “no plans” to release the game in the US.

Fans of Patty Fleur are sure to be disappointed; the Japanese version is however available now.

01:55 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

02:25 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

i bought a PS3 for this t_t WTF

11:16 14/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Then buy Star Ocean 4 Int. ver. and White Knight Chronicles to heal your pain.

Comment by Xero
    13:54 15/11/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

You could always wait for this to come out

01:48 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

In the words of Adam Sandler in big daddy, awww horse shit!

01:45 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This does not surprise me at all. When I first heard news of the "perfect" version of ToV on the PS3, I knew we wouldn't be getting it. Namco Bandai is exceedingly predictable when it comes to the western market.

01:46 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

ITT: Butthurt weeaboos.

02:25 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

As a 360 "beta tester", I was completely willing to buy the same game twice if it meant I was getting new content.

Needless to say, this news doesn't really surprise me, but it does disappoint me.

Comment by Nin
    03:01 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Just like Tales of Symphonia... (TT_TT)

04:51 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I bought the beta,
    Stopped playing it when the perfect was annouced.
    And now that I have forgotten most of the plot don't feel like finishing, or restarting the beta again.

05:01 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

even square is releasing international versions of his games, why can't namco do that to:?

04:35 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck this, seriously, fuck this.
    I am not big into games and have little time to play but I love this style of games and when Vesperia came out I had planned to buy it.
    "eventually"
    then the PS3 version gets announced, with a loli, and I though hey I better wait for that one then and get it for my PS3
    I waited.
    And now this.
    Namco Bandai is an asshole, I know its all business but this would still be a profitable port over here and this is not a way to treat consumers if they want people to remain loyal to the brand.

03:07 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

With Symphonia was the same...the Game Cube received an english localization...but the PS2 didn't...looks like this Namco bitches have a grudge against Playstation users overseas.

So much for an english PS3 "Perfect" version of Tales of Graces too.

Now I will only play this shit in moonspeak ONLY if the PS3 is hacked and the game is a "backup".

03:09 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Now Nis America is our only savior!...Ar Tonelico III in english PLEASE!

04:22 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

They did the same thing with Symphonia, so I'm not surprised. Still not any less pissed about it, though.

Comment by Firetribe
    01:44 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

O Namco, Why has thou forsaken me!?

*weeps*

23:18 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's too bad. I guess I'll just have to import a copy, after all.

23:28 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Shit... now I have to spend extra dollars in shipping and bullthi >=/

Comment by A_Moose
    23:37 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF WHY?

22:57 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    And I thought I'd have a good 2010 with my newly-bought PS3

00:59 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

all those of you who are complaining and want to boycut namco bandai.. i have a better suggestion. :P buy japanese consoles! problem solved, who likes dubbed games anyway xD

Comment by InB4Haruhi
    01:33 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

PS3 isn't region locked, or so I've heard. You could just as easily learn Japanese. It only took me a few weeks to learn a good chunk of the writing system.

Comment by akuma2002
    01:09 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Namco fails so much, but well... we'll stick with Ar Tonelico 3 instead.

Comment by Crazy_O
    00:55 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

i dont understand this decision from an economical viewpoint. Most of the text should already be translated... so the costs should be relativly low. Its like saying they dont want the money.

04:42 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

maybe microsoft just paid for a time exclusivity in japan and total exclusivity outside of japan

00:50 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

WTF, its like they dont think of the western fans as important when compared to the Japanese fans. Like we dont buy the games too and enjoy them just as much.

Comment by Lily
    00:13 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You know, the whole reason I got a 360 was so I could play Vesperia. I absolutely love the Tales series. Now that I learn a more complete version is available only in Japanese for the PS3, it's pretty disappointing.

Yes, we still have the 360 version, but I don't think I can play it with as much enthusiasm I had before knowing how there's a better version out there. And my Japanese is abysmal (I should fix that). Siiiigh. Oh well.

06:22 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why would they need "beta testers" for a game that is essentially without any stopper bugs?

You guys at Sankaku don't know anything about software development. ToV Xbox is not a beta, it's a "revision 1.0".

08:21 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Namco as usual. Ever since they merged with bandai they have even been halting localizations of bandai franchises. Like Mobile Ops: The One Year War, the day it had a successful release in japan they cancelled the western release, despite the japanese release already being entirely in english and exclusive to the xbox360.

00:25 19/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

this lies theres proof of localisation first. the same thing happened to eternal sonata and secondly . the voice acters have been called back for doing more dialogue and moves ect

Comment by demonhaseo
    05:12 27/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

where'd you here the second Part?

and on a lighter note I still cant get over when I saw Yuri Lowenthal questioned at a convention about the next tales game and his reaction when he found he wouldn't be playing the MC and that the MC was practically NAMED after him XD.

07:40 07/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope Sony or Nintendo buys NamcoBandai when they start plummeting from sales.

Comment by Xero
    09:35 21/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Well there are some people who are subbing the whole game in English, and (as far as I know) their going to be giving it away for free for the ps3!

So there for us yet....

Comment by Xero
    00:15 16/12/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Well at least we'll be able to have this :http://www.talesofgraces.com/vesperia/: when it comes out

15:24 10/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You have to be kidding me people...
    I played this game 2 years ago on the 360 and it was incredible. One of my favorite RPG's this generation. You people are ridiculous waiting for the PS3 version and then calling the people who enjoyed every moment of it on 360 "beta-testers". Are you really that stupid and petty?

12:16 02/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You mocked us 360 owners when we complained about the withheld content.
    Well, you get NOTHING!
    Serves you right, you condescending arses!

14:19 11/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

leaves me with 3 options, play my beta version, import this one and hope for the best, or hope its a lie like eternal sonata

13:30 02/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Namdai doesn't like people buying stuff anymore? How silly, Namdai. How silly.

15:27 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Lazy bastards..

16:07 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

can't think of any other bamco games I was looking for. Don't have a wii anymore so TOG is out this is a real kick in the teeth. Guess I'll start searching for a cheap 360 to buy.

18:50 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

NAMCO fails :X

10:33 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You PS3 fanboys who took joy at the Xbox360 beta sure got told.

Bwahaha!

Comment by demonhaseo
    05:00 27/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I have the 360 version and was one of those fucking beta's you asswipe. I'm still fucking pissed they won't release the Perfect vers. BUT then again someone on a playstation forum said they said the same things for the PS3 Eternal Sonata and look what happened... who knows? I still hope we get it but I know their track record with re-releasing tales games internationally that they have already released.

Comment by demonhaseo
    08:32 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

NO!!!!!!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU BANDAINAMCO I ALREADY FUCKING WANNA KILL BANDAI EXECTS AND NOW I WANNA KILL YOU!!!

With that outa the way... I'm fucking pissed. I wanted to get the game but I don't know a lick of japanese sides from some words so I can't get the japanese version. This is fucking fair to us true blue tales of fans, they do this every fucking time they make a console port remake. Seriously WHY!

Comment by TheBeast
    09:19 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

screw namco, until either tales of graces or ps3 tales of vesperia comes to america, i'm not buying anymore of their crap. that is the second release that they have denied from the states. i know there are more but i didn't give a shit about those crappy titles. maybe it's a sign i'm outgrowing RPG's. oh well, i can't wait until heavy rain comes out.

10:33 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Bandai Namco trolls more than SquareEnix, at least we eventually got all the main Final Fantasys here (still pissed at no X and XII international, was it really that hard to even translate the extra stuff!!!!) Why we didnt get over half of the Tales games is beyond me...I guess that means absolutely no Tales of Graces Perfect for the PS3 in the future. We ALL know that's going to happen...

01:09 03/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What do you mean no FFX international? European FFX has all stuff, that international ver had.

03:45 31/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

DAMN IT! They always do this!

00:13 01/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe if they had actually released the good games in the series and not the shitty Team Symphonia games.

08:59 14/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Woah. Are you retarded? Tales of Symphonia was a great game! Sure, TOS 2 was shit on a stick but, TOS was freaking amazing. Don't just go and brand ALL Team Symphonia games as shitty when you have a perfectly good one right in your face.

Comment by demonhaseo
    05:09 27/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree, Team Symphonia games are by far my favorite of the Tales Series, Tales of Legendia was a bit clunky to play, and I only played the GBA Tales of Phantasia, haven't played any other tales games sides Radiant and I loved that one alot too.