tifa-lockhart-topless-suspenders-by-ueyama-michirou

Top Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura has rebuked fans of the series hoping for a PS3 remake of Final Fantasy VII, telling them he thinks the project won’t happen and that they should count themselves lucky if Cloud is recycled as a guest character in future titles.

Rumours of a remake of Final Fantasy VII, considered by many to be the highpoint of the series and by far the best selling, have long circulated, but all have been denied despite Square Enix going so far as to release a tech demo teaser featuring such a remake:

Now Tetsuya Nomura, famed as the character designer who projected the series to fame, scotches hopes of such a remake:

“There’s always talk of a FF7 remake amongst fans, and many seem to be looking forward to one, but I don’t think one will be realised.

But maybe Cloud will crop up in other titles as a guest character? You never know.”

Square Enix, attending to the wishes of fans as ever.

Comment by Orochium
    04:22 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Well of COURSE Square isn't going to re-make FF7, they're too busy hashing out bullshit like FF13.

This is a company that, in its hayday, was synonymous with proper fantasy, and a winning formula for role-playing gameplay. Since that time, it has been a pure slide. We have a company that has NO INTEREST in what it's fan's really desire, and NO INTEREST in the fact that they had a winning formula they have completely discarded. Every time one of these schmucks at Square enix blame the game formula for the crappy sales of the games, they don't bother to realize its because they keep fucking with the formula so much. If you want Action RPGs, get Star Ocean, that system actually works, if you want a real RPG, you use to be able to get Final Fantasy. NOT ANYMORE. Their games are lame, their formula is corrupt, game over.

Anyhow, who the fuck cares about FF7, that at least came out in the 3D era. I'd rather see a 3D remake of Final Fantasy 6. Why? Because it had story. It had contents. It had elaborate characters and an explorable world! There was a lot to do and see, and many hours of content and unlockables. This was, imo, more of the epitome of the Final Fantasy games than FF7 is, granted FF7 was a great game.

But again, Square doesn't care, because Enix doesn't care. We're stuck with shit. Fuck this. I'm abandonning square-enix, and putting all my money on Companies like NIS and GUST

07:45 17/10/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Do you realize that asking remakes is asking SE to stop producing new games? making remakes again and again are one of the thing that made SE the shitty company it is now.
    Btw, FF6 had a pretty simple story, but i agree about the characters they were really good.
    But the problem with FF6 is tha same as FF6: why not leaving the game for what it was? A new FF6, like a new FF7, would be different from the original but at same time won't have as many new ideas as a new game, not to mention it could be a complete failure.
    The compilation of FF7 was horrible enough, stop butchering the old legends SE plz. And start making GOOD new games, without stupid metrosexual characters if possible. A SD tale like in the old times.

07:47 17/10/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

oh ok lol i forgot the thread was 4 years old.
    ahah

05:47 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think I just died a little inside.

05:54 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't care about FF7 and don't give two shits about Nomura. One trick pony for the lose.

07:42 16/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Drink Haterade much?

06:08 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

FUCK YOU MR. NOMURA, FUCK YOU

05:15 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know, I didn't think what he said was so bad. All he said was he doesn't think that a new FF7 will be remade, and that Cloud may reappear somewhere else. He didn't sound "scorching" to me, and he didn't say fans should "count themselves lucky if Cloud is recycled". This article is phrased in a way that makes Tetsuya Nomura sound vindictive or something, when to me it just seems like he's sharing his honest opinion.

I mean, it sucks that it won't be remade, but the let down as paraphrased by this article makes it feel much worse.

04:54 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

if you think about all the objects and detail in every screen in FF7, then its easy to see why it won't be made nowadays- it would take 6 years to completly redo all of that in 3D. most games nowadays recycle objects and backgrounds like crazy (Dragon Age!) Now think of the giant mecanical hand in the ruined area after you get Aerith. you pass it by and never see it again, yet it would take days to make.
    Sadly, FF7 is damned by its own excellence.

05:06 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd buy a PS3 if there was a FF7 remake...

06:20 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I've never understood why VII is seen as the high point in the series. I agree that it was a high point in terms of sales, but I personally feel VI was a better game all around. I'm not saying VII was bad though, on the contrary, it was quite enjoyable.

06:59 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

My Final Fantasy VII from my heart and memory shall not be stirred.
    I love the game for what it was and, just like you accept people around you pass on with time. Final Fantasy will forever be the first RPG game that made me so happy, sad, angry, amazed and excited.

I rather want Final Fantasy VII to be kept a dear memory than remade again.
    Zombies aren't good looking but remade games mostly suffers from that impact it gets when you see it's not as good as you remembered it.

Many fans will kill for a remake but I'd say Final Fantasy VII died as the pride of Squaresoft.
    FFIX is a good game though, but it didn't make me so close to a game as FFVII did. Heck, even those square fists they had in FFVII isn't part of the memory, nor the lack of voice or such fancy effects we have today. All those things where made up inside you. THAT'S the one and only real and perfect remake you can get.
    Atleast... That's the best remake I'll ever see of Final Fantasy VII.

May you rest in peace dear Fantasy.
    In our past.

07:05 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Beautiful and thoughtful. This is what truly great video games are about.

07:36 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Is it just me, or is the main picture incredibly hot.

06:36 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think it's better to stay the way it is. Otherwise, SquareEnix would pretty much mix the old sountracks into new ones and add more sidequests, which would ruin the originality game.

03:16 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I actually hope they don't remake VII until all this moe shit is out of Japan's system. I can see them totally ruining all the female characters. Indeed, maybe they're holding off on rebooting VII because they fear screwing it up.

03:12 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope they just want to surprise us ^^

03:03 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Eh, whatever. Looking at their past remakes, I'm sure they would have just botched this too.

03:02 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Tifa's always had great tits.

02:36 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I love the original, everything about it, including the now outdated graphics. The artistic vision in the original is part of what makes the game so great. An update to that would just help put the nail in the coffin for this series.

02:42 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

THIS IS WHY SQUARE-ENIX IS FAIL ~_________~

04:17 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Square Enix: Giving the fans what they DON'T want.

04:18 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Some fans should just go ahead and make a remake anyway, fuck them.

07:45 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I would be lying if I said I didn't care about a remake of FFVII. I would love to see it remade. But I would rather see Square just end it now ... rather than continue to destroy a wonderful series, they should just move on to something new. Maybe one day in the future they can revisit Final Fantasy. But for know they should just let the legacy go while it still has a good name. Anyone who says FFVII wasn't one of the best and most influential video games of all times is just blind. R.I.P. FFVII

04:00 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

just make a good FFT sequel that lives up to the dark mood of the original instead of kids in colorful fantasy lands

Comment by hasegawamiki
    03:39 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He can say whatever he wants, but the market wants the game, so the market will have the game

Comment by Jimmykitty
    03:43 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fine. I'll keep my money then.
    It's not like I was spending it on Final Fantasy 13, either.
    And trust me, I was really looking forward to FF13.
    But I don't like the reports on how linear it is with tons of cut scenes.

Please give me a real RPG again.

03:54 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Most fans want a remake because the graphics are one of the few things holding the game back anymore. Loading times are slow, battle is slow, moving around environments is glitchy, prerendered backgrounds would look worlds better modeled in 3D, etc. They could make the summon animations skippable, or at least shortened. The FMVs could look more like AC in terms of realistic expressions and environments. They could remove the duplicate item glitch. They could offer an increased difficulty setting.

Other people think FFVII should die. But there would be no benefit coming out of that, besides the fact that people would calm down about it. Except that wouldn't work because gamer fanboys cannot calm down about ANYTHING because they feel it is their God-given right to have all video games cater to their tastes. I have to wonder how many of the complainers actually A) Buy video games, and B) Play them. If they do not do both, they should not complain, because they have no stake in the industry.

07:03 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Insightful and well said.

16:11 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Purists don't want a remake because they think SE will ruin the game. I don't see how a graphical makeover with additional content could ruin it."

Sure, that's all they NEED to do. It's certainly all most FF fans WANT them to do. But given SE's track record for remakes...they won't stop there. They'll make "improvements" all over the place.

The gameplay will probably be simplified to the point of removing almost any semblance of strategy. The bosses will probably also have their stats jacked up, causing most of them to become points where you have to stop and grind for an hour or so. Because as any current SE knows, grinding=QUALITY GAMEPLAY, and we have to have at least a hundred hours of it.

And any "additional content" will almost certainly be (A)a pointless waste of time, (B)nonsense that doesn't gel at all with the rest of the story/game, or most likely (C)both. And of course, their current localization team will probably "fix" the old translation by sticking in lots of obscure Shakespearean English words that most people don't understand at all (particularly the localization team in question).

I think the DS "improvements" of FFs three and four are probably the most blatant examples of Enix trying to turn classic Final Fantasy games into boring, Dragon Quest-esque grind fests. It's a pity they can't seem to figure out the reason FF became a much more successful series is because it was NOTHING LIKE Dragon Quest.

07:53 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

because of this, i will think twice about buying anything from Se now...

Comment by El Chaos
    22:19 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

They must find a way to break free of Final Fantasy VII, and that will most probably not happen since it was an unprecedented event. Read here: http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=ff07

"I don't think Final Fantasy VII is overrated. Ten years later, it's still the game every JRPG tries to be. It actually broke the genre. Final Fantasy VII is now to JRPGs what Street Fighter II is to fighting games: a standard that can't possibly be met. The successful JRPG will be the one that manages to break as much ground, sell as many copies, and stir up as much of a popular and critical tidal wave, and that's about as likely as Street Fighter IV resurrecting the American arcade scene. It's probably not going to happen.

Ignore the hype. Final Fantasy VII isn't perfect. Don't expect perfection, because you shouldn't anyway. For better or worse, this is one of the titles that helped push video games into their current identity crisis. It was a forward stride in the evolution of a genre and a medium, and the next step will occur when the genre is able to get past it. Square Enix: DO NOT REMAKE THIS GAME."

01:25 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

MORE CLOUD? Fuck that shit.

14:51 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Personally I think square is being really stupid by not releasing a remake of FF7 for PC, Ps3 and X360, SO many people want it, and FF7 was the highest selling final fantasy game so far. I just don't get it, other than graphics they could bascally use the same game and add some stuff to it, maybe voice acting (preferably with a way to use japanese VA in the US ver of the game since we all know how shitty dubs tend to be) and they would have a multi million selling hit on their hands, If they were going to release this, i'd honestly buy a ps3 or x360, or just upgrade my pc for it. It'll make up for how much fail ff13 has been. I just dunnp wth is up with square lately. Would be a easy money maker, and most of all almost all FF7 fans want it.

02:59 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

That's it. This just cemented my decision to not buy Final Fantasy XIII. I'm not going to give money to a company that's going to cater to the mainstream audience over their (so far) fans.

Square-Enix -> FUCK YOU

07:40 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Viva Nomura ! Oh and, i can't wait for KH III.

09:05 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I dont get how remaking ff7 could be in any way bad...i mean seriously when some 1 says final fantasy the first thing that comes to my mind is cloud...or tifa...or both. like they already made a movie and a game with such graphics would probly shake the foundations of the game market.

09:44 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Fans will be happy for HD Final Fantasy VII, Square Enix will be happy from how much money it earns them.

WHY WON'T THEY DO THIS?

21:34 01/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This part is at the end of the PSP version after all the credits....

01:30 03/05/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Nomura: It's not like.... it's not like I'm working on FF7 remake or anything....

08:31 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Well the way I see it, they're going to have to remake this game. At some point at least. Square enix has been going downhill for quite some time, and I think that ff7 hd will be their ticket out of bankruptcy if it comes to that.

07:31 09/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Probably another SE tactic. They're probably using FFVII as their last card when the whole FF series crash and burn.

20:24 21/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

why is the photo always a provocative picture of tifa? are we all that pervy?

20:31 21/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

OKAY, SHIT, FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS THE CLIP FROM CRISIS CORE BUT THEN CLOUD JUMPS DOWN AND FLASHES THAT SEXY GRIN OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP OF THEY SERIOUSLY DO THIS REMAKE I'M NOT EATING IN SCHOOL FOR THREE MONTHS JUST TO BUY A PS3

19:34 27/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe they'll settle for remaking Aeris' and Tifa's tits.

14:30 01/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

ff7 needs to b remade think about it. the profit will be alot more than wut . especially currently got for 12 and 13if u put DLC in the ff7 remake. who wouldn't want a new weapon 2 fight

02:12 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

FFVII the best rpg i've ever play

FVIII... just short term rpg

FFIX... dumbass char, very2 bad drawing, retard drawing of char, especially 2D raw char

FFX... to easy to play. Squaresoft staff, to lazy to make FF world

FFXII... copy paste from starwars? no brain at all

FXIII... even monkey can play this game

well love chrono cross too

go to hell square enix

01:58 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

*sigh*
    square enix only need to make graphics better..
    they have the story the characters and the whole gameplay-system Oo so it would be finished in no time and they would make a lot of profit.

well, FF XII wasn't that bad at all <_< only the story sux.. thats all

I haven't played FF XIII yet cuz I'm living in germany. but I'll play it for sure when it's out in march.

btw...I think FF Versus XIII will be as cool as FF VII!
    just wait till it comes. I'm sure it will be one of the best FF games ever.

10:39 28/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It is not PS3 Tech Demo.
    It is Crisis Core ending which also opening of FF7

03:01 29/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Which is exactly what the tech demo depicted...