Sega: “We Won’t Fix Bayonetta on the PS3”

bayonetta-by-kanesada-keishi.jpg

The PS3 port of “multiplatform” witch fest Bayonetta has been decried as a travesty with long load times, inferior graphics and a host of other deficiencies, but the hopes of those awaiting a patch have been dashed with a flat denial from Sega.

Sony’s eventual response to fan complaints about the state of the game on the PS3:

“Sorry but we can’t change anything at the loading time of this game.

I think isn’t possible that a patch can change this.”

Can’t, or won’t?

Platinum Games is doubtless reassessing the wisdom of outsourcing the PS3 port to Sega, a decision which soured the hyperbolic esteem in which the game is held with a note of acrimony.

Perfect Bayonetta is available on the Xbox 360 now.

22:41 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually if they took a little more time on the PS3 version, then all this rage wouldnt have happened

22:01 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Has anyone even thought about HOW a patch would work?

There's no install data to modify, and it's only disc-based. All a patch could work with is the save file.

23:21 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't think you understand how patches work on current gen consoles.

Comment by Akagi
    02:07 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

A patch could work by enabling you to copy disc resources to the hard drive and play the game that way.

20:26 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

And companies wonder why people pirate games, movies, music and whatever. They release crap and not even trying to make it right to their customers. So some turn to piracy. $10 vs $50~$60 for some game, think about it.

PS3 games are currently not possible to pirate and play, but just trying to make a point...

23:26 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I still think that, in the end, the PS3's version will sell more than 360 original. This is a genre of game, difficulty level, and art style, seems to fit the PS3's install base more so than the 360.

I know it crushed 360 here in Japan, I wonder what sales are like over the in US?

02:58 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Didn't Bayonetta sell to a larger proportion of 360 owners in Japan compared to the proportion of PS3 owners who bought it?

In the west I think boring Darksiders is outselling it :(

23:39 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Me being a gameplay snob only care about the load time.

01:12 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@SEGA

so you're telling me you can make Valkyria Chronicles run perfectly on the PS3, look perfect and have no bugs whats over for a fully cell shaded game. . .

but you CAN'T port a game from the 360 without messing up, or even attempting to fix it?

no wonder you guys keep failing -,-

20:11 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is all really just one small step in SEGAs plan to get revenge on Sony for their role in the death of the Dreamcast.

God speed you glorious bastards, you.

14:39 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

As far as I'm concerned I will continue to buy games created by Platinum but will no longer purchase any game made by Sega or Published by them.

14:10 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I have the PS3 version and I'm not really bothered by the issues that much. Loading times are slow though at least they didn't give you a screen that just said "Loading", although somewhat of an annoyance just accessing the start or select menu or a notification pops up and loading appears for a second. The textures on the environments look like crap, yet I don't care since I barely noticed when playing, everything else in the game still looked stunning. Framerate never seemed a issue, noticeable in cutscenes but the only time I experienced a drop in gameplay was the room with the statue of Jubileus and all those platforms were on the wall. Still I heard the motorcycle level had framerate issues, I'm not playing in HD but I wonder if that has something to do with it. Still same on SEGA for not including a install.

14:14 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Shit, meant "Shame on SEGA" I should make a account

15:30 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

haha screw you ps3

18:04 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Haha because GAYBOX is such a easy machine to undertstand thats why dev prefer easy method to create a game.not like Naighty dog or gureilla game / quantic dream and so on...PS3 inferior ? try Unchrted 2 graphic gaytard box . I bet u will STFU and play ur gay master chief immediately !

21:43 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Exactly. X360 game developers do not have egos as big as PS3 developers. They get in, get it done, and get paid. Regardless of some of Microsoft's practices, I actually applaud their attempts to make development easier.

06:40 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

You have a point, but that Gaybox thing is going too far.

18:47 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes you can reduce loading time with a patch. Just add an option to install data on harddisk with the patch. Sega are beyond stupid, no wonder bayonetta is done wrong, they can't even make any more good sonic games.

Why don't they just die already.

Comment by Welkin
    17:03 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

if it still playabel I think it is fine game shuld not only be about looks or loading speed a great game has great story and great soundtrack and good controlss. The looks and loading speed comes last. I know several Ps1 game that is way better than todays ps3 games hmm Final fantasy 7 is 1000 times better than final fantasy 3 and the looks and loading speed is still not as great as Final fantsy 13 but the story is way better and it is not a Linare shot load like FF13. So I wonder why have todays gammer forogt that the looks in a game is not the most important thing to make a good game. shame on you all to call you gamers.

Comment by Myballz
    16:54 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sony and Sega doesn't want to admit they fuck this one up.After many advertisments of a chick with a gun killing stuff people wanted to buy it and got what they payed for.

Don't blame this on Mircosoft because they had nothing to do with this. I can tell you Xbox version loading time isn't that bad enough to bitch at Microsoft and Its working fine.

06:37 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is Sony to be blamed? They had nothing to do with "developing" (read: porting and not fixing) the game. O.o SEGA is the one who doesn't want to admit stuff. Sony couldn't even make the patch without SEGA's assistance.

I've seen install options be applied via patches before. Why can't SEGA use a bit of time to make a patch for it and make all those fans happy?

SEGA is Satan; making a crappy port of a game, mostly just thinking about Japan's sales (PS3 dominance), and when those blindly following sheep have bought the game that's being promoted so furiously, SEGA runs away and shouts "Enjoy!" without ever coming back to take responsibility for their horrid act.

End of rage.

07:44 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is Sony to be blamed? Because they wouldn't let Sega release Bayonetta on PS3 later than the 360 version. Hence, the rushed game on Sony's confusing hardware that doesn't have the 'hooks' necessary for patches to be applied.

But Sega have to be Sony's scapegoats, because Sega can't afford to say no to Sony. It's a sad state of affairs and you suckers are buying it. If only the Dreamcast had beaten the PS2 back in the day. It certainly deserved to, what with it being first, cheaper, and with better texturing and anti-aliasing whenever a game went cross-platform. Sound familiar?

16:09 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Any outsourced port is going to be shit.

Comment by tyciol
    02:53 15/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The commercials look cool, I guess we should all get X boxs?

03:17 15/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This is just a joke and a major rip off. I payed £40 for it and love it but because of the loding issues it frezes within half an hour. personally fuck you sega... money grabbing lazy cunts.

10:14 15/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why fix what isn't broken?

12:09 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

hell ya they would. its a waste of blu-ray disc. blu-ray cost alot

14:51 15/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, look at it this way: the 360 needs 3 discs for Final Fantasy XIII. I can handle a few extra seconds of loading time, but getting off the couch to eject a disc, put it away, pull out another disc and stick it in the machine, then wait for it to load? Takes way longer.

The 360 still has the short end of the stick. Suck it. PS3 fucking rocks.

Comment by Ghostchase
    07:29 16/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

YES GAYSTATION IS MORE FAIL NOW. HA! You probably get back at us when FF comes and is better than Xbox port.

07:38 30/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sony fixed the problem, more like WINSTATION M I Rite?

02:45 31/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

If you're stupid enough to buy a ps3 it's your own damn fault.
    I practically worshiped the ps2, and despised the xbox but now I have a 360. Yep, the ps3 is bad enough that I'm willing to give money to Bill Gates.

00:51 10/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I've been playing bayonetta on my ps3 for a couple days now, and after I installed the game data (which took for-fuckin-ever) there are barely any load times to deal with in-game, so stop your fuckin whining you crybaby bitches. install the game data from the options menu and shut the fuck up already

Comment by Mista-Kitty-Kat
    21:04 20/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh god fuck platinum games.

10:41 16/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Bollocks I had no problem so far... If you have trouble with loading times install a 500GB 7.200 RPM HDD and the loading time get cut down by a third in general...

09:08 17/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

...I may sound a bit biased because I am a PS3 lover, but my ps3 and copy of Bayonetta run fine. I'm running it on the origanal 60GB PS3 and the loading times haven't been bad and I've not seen any of the in-game glitches mentioned in all reviews of the ps3 version of the game. Just thought I would mention that.

11:46 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Man Sega was so good in the Genesis era but now they are just crap. Wont buy another game from Sega until is a good Sonic game hope and pray one day they might make one until then just rent those Sega little shit of ports.

08:50 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Sony needs to re-made the hardware

Comment by klado
    06:48 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

oh sega, if it werent cus of ur others ps3 exclusive games coming, i would say, screw u, u fcking bias pieace of company that cant even take adv for a better piece of hardware...ps3 obvious.

08:15 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Douchebags! Of course a patch can fix it, Sega's just lazy. I don't have a 360, so this shitty port is my only option here, and Sega should be ashamed about how much they suck.

Comment by Nathan08
    07:24 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I dont get it, I played, Valkyria Chronicles(Sega) for the ps3, it GOT installs option on it, so loading is pretty good. Why is this the only game that dont have it?

06:54 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think when they are saying that it can not be fixed by a patch means:
    They have to modify the porting from the beginning which is unreasonable
    Nevertheless, even with the loading issues, it is still a great game to get in the ps3, people are just exaggerating the problem

By the way, who is to blame?
    It's the fucking CELL processor made by Sony which is fucking had to program with
    Although I know Sega did a really good job in Valkyrie Chronicles! but it was their own game..

07:17 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yktb7iJoxyo&feature=related [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yktb7iJoxyo&feature=related]

You can't exaggerate loading as bad as this.

13:48 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I bet all the people who are complaining are the same people who laughed at the people who owned a 360 and got cheated out of content in games such as Star Ocean.

Good thing I own a PS3 and a 360. Stop being a fanboy and become a gamer. More fun that way.

Comment by knuclear200x
    11:22 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

It doesnt make sense. I thought the 360 was doing badly in Japan. Why are they supporting the red ring of death over...the other one?

11:56 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Why are all the PS3 fanboys butthurt over yet another shitty port? Shouldn't you be used to this by now? Even games like Ghostbusters - where PS3 was the lead platform - turned out worse than the 360 version.

It's like buying a Wii and complaining about all the party games.

12:37 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The thing is, this was simply a shitty code ported directly, they didnt even try to make adjustments...thats downright wrong...but then again, PS3 exclusive kill X360 games anyday, and since GOW3 is just around the corner, we dont really care about it (even if its currently selling better on PS3...oh the irony...).

13:59 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

@Anon 12:37:

You wrote, "...simply a shitty code ported directly, they didn't even try to make adjustments..."

How can one port game code "directly" between PS/3 and Xbox360 when their architectures are so different?

Yes, they both have a PowerPC CPU, but if you do any graphics I/O (and working games _will_ do graphics I/O), you _have_ to adjust for system differences.

05:00 14/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

When I wrote adjustments I was somewhat wrong, I meant "did things that would make both editions the 'same'", something that didnt happen. And in beggining of this gen, there were direct ports from X360 to PS3, those were downright horrible.

Comment by Myballz
    13:04 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

True, but Xbox 360 version of Bayonetta seems to work well enough for me to play.

11:13 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

News flash: 360 version is far from perfect. It has plenty of tearing and a fair amount of slowdown as well.

13:36 13/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

The PS3 version is a lot worse. If you think the 360's slowdown is bad, go see how horrible the PS3's is.