Final Fantasy XIII “Most Anticipated Sequel” of 2010

final-fantasy-xiii-oppai

Final Fantasy XIII appears to be the most anticipated upcoming sequel amongst western gamers by a substantial margin, the bitter truth of the matter evidently still not having crossed the language barrier.

The ranking in question:

gamefaqs-most-anticipated-sequels

A rude awakening may yet be in store

Comment by Tovansky
    02:58 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I have been expecting this game but now I don't know if I really want this game or not. I might just have to wait for my friend to buy it and see it myself before buying. Man, if it is disappointing, I can only hope for FFXIII versus to be good. And FFXIV, cos MMORPG couldn't be that bad.

03:30 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I am in the same boat. I guess FFXIII will probably not be in the "get it regardless of price" category of game, but more of the "must play...but can wait until the price drop" kind of game.

02:27 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lulz... Complaining About Shows/Games You've Never Watched/Played...

04:39 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm surprised bioshock 2 isn't higher on that list... I'd guess it's because the poll didn't target the pc gaming master race.

05:55 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I love SanCom, but seriously, all this FF13 hate is sensationalist bullshit. I'm 40+ hours into the game and it kicks all kinds of ass. For a game that is supposedly too linear, I just spent the last day and a half of playtime doing completely optional sidequests.

I guess because a handful of loud Japanese crybaby internet trolls don't like it, that voids the opinion of 1.7 million other people who probably do.

Also... is that a GameFAQs poll? GameFAQs has been FF fanboy central since the 90s, so those poll results should come as a surprise to no one.

06:14 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm 15 hours into the game, and thus cannot give a full review of the game, but I am not willing to play anymore. If I want to spend 40 solid hours out of my mind before I got to do anything fun I'd get a girlfriend.

05:50 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

western gamers =/= japanese gamers

just because japanese players do not like the game, does not mean the western players won't.

06:16 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ummm... western RPG fans tend to whine about linearity when you can't play an evil character, Japanese players are more acceptant of linearity; and yet that's the main complaint. I really think that the west will be disappointed too in all honesty.

02:16 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

well, at least Pokemon HG/SS lived up to the hype...

00:41 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well there is one issue or condition to buying a game like this as with the older ones in the past up from the Playstation2 to the Xbox360 and now to the Playstation3, how good is its 'Wack factor'? Are the girls enabled to have lots and lots of 'did she really turn like that and flash' or 'alternating hips with full motion camel-toes impacting the insides of the thigh as they stand before the camera? Hows the views of the girls in swimsuits if the game is enabled as well, GOOD? Could just be for the new 'Wack factor' of the new Yuna and clan in the game.

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    01:03 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Im actually more interested in No mor eheroes 2 and bioshock 2 xP

01:18 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Same least bout NMH2, but being relevant to the article if ya wanna play it then by all means play FF13.

Comment by Niwa
    01:21 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That was me I forgot to log in >_<

00:07 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WHOOOO, God of War 3 Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2!!!!

00:11 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FF fans are a bunch of retards
    i played the game
    sure it has good character design
    but sucky battle theme + battles ?

05:02 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

non final fantasy fans are retarded... no offense. u are just retarded person.

07:10 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nobuo, come back! FF music was always so memorable until he started to shy away.

02:04 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why couldn't she have been the female lead...

Comment by Mitsuo Kubo
    02:06 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm much more excited for No More Heroes 2.

02:07 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That poll image looks shopped. When I took it Bioshock 2 was in the lead.

01:38 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Honestly I'm looking forward to No More Heroes 2 the most out of that list. I also heard there was going to be a Virtua Fighter 6 some time later next year.

02:04 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Same here. No More Heroes 2 and Bayonetta are what I'm most looking forward too.

01:34 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Pokemon is superior.

01:37 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Most Anticipated Sequel? Only because it been in production for over 5 years and they kept delaying it. Thats why!

10:24 29/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Horray for BC2 :D!

00:27 29/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the picture isn't from ffxiii is it??? i don't remember it....

02:06 29/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I can't believe how many people on this site say this game is going to suck - have you played it yourself?

I only know of one site - one site - that says it isn't going to be good. That's this site. Everywhere else - everywhere else - says it's going to rock.

So, yeah, given Final Fantasy's track record, I'm buying this thing.

Could it suck? Maybe. But I think the game deserves the benefit of doubt.

Comment by El Chaos
    03:06 29/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh yeah, GameFAQs, biggest representative of America's tardest gaming community.

No wonder it's the most voted, while half of the games in the list seem to be more promising sequels that actually improve over the originals/ past iterations on a mechanical level, not just graphics or *lol*storee*lol* (because the only kind of idiot that enjoys Final Fantasy games because of their stories is the same kind that enjoys Metal Gear games because of their nonsensical, insultingly stupid stories).

03:27 29/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Because America is the only country to use GameFaqs...

Comment by El Chaos
    07:21 29/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Mmmkay, how 'bout "biggest representative of the Western world's tardest gaming community"?

Comment by Deko Wolf
    03:52 30/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So this ia based one ONE poll of ONE website, voted by a limited number of people who visited that website only?
    I don't think it's fair, going to gamefaqs.com and take a screenshot doesn't work for me....

15:48 30/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What are you so negative Artifact? Look at all the people who voted for God of War 3 and Lost Planet 2.

Comment by motaku96
    11:29 04/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Still looking forward to it. And lets not forget versus.

07:29 30/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

pokemon was 2nd highest

nice chart

Comment by Bronxdragon
    13:20 30/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Another stupid one.....

16:58 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the look of the girls in the game is a good enough reason for me to buy it XD ...

07:25 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, voted for Bioshock 2, since Dead Rising 2 wasn't on there, wonder why.

08:20 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Can't wait for Lost Planet 2...

I lol'ed at the Albert Wesker pre-order skin, but it's one of the reasons I'm buying it...

08:21 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Indeed it is. I will probably borrow from a friend (why waste my money when I can coerce someone into buying it so I can play for free?).

To be honest from what it sounds like this sounds like the type of game I would like. I've read reviews and sadly all they do is whine about the bad. I will not make any judgment myself until I actually play the game but I have to say other than the supposedly small amount of free roaming it seems like it will be a fine game.

I voted for Bioshock 2 in the poll myself though. But that was only because Ar Tonelico III was not listed.

Comment by fxc2
    06:48 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Screw your bitter facts. It's the story that matters, the Japanese just like to moan about everything if it isn't perfect.

09:42 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

America does not give a shit about butthurt otakus opinions about FF13.

13:25 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

is that picture from ffxiii o-O??

11:00 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Good or bad, I don't think either will affect FFXIII's sales, because given its production value, it will either get a fanbase anyway. The worse thing that a FFXIII game can be is simply being ordinary...which by the looks of people's reaction, it isn't. Oh well, Square Enix wins again.

09:55 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Whatever. The "bitter truth" has been communicated to me, but I'm still buying it because I want to see it with my own eyes, instead of letting other people decide whether it was worth it or not.

I honestly don't think it will be half as bad as Sankaku is making it out to be. I've heard positive things from other people.

10:03 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

what bitter tru--hey, are those boobies?

10:30 28/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Diablo3 is nowhere to be found, Gran Turismo 5 with only 2,8%. This list is awful, sup gamefaqs.

18:42 27/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Time to get a PS3...

18:47 27/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Kind of sad to see that Lost Planet 2 isn't too anticipated. I suppose its due to the fact that the original community was rather small. Still, after playing the demo I am truly looking forward to it. That, and basically almost every game on that list. XD

18:41 27/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FFXIII board on GameFAQs is full of denial. Mention anything bad about the game and you get hit with:

1) YOU DIDN'T PLAY THE GAME!
    2) If you did, you couldn't understand it
    3) They sacrificed gameplay for the good storyline
    4) 2ch doesn't know what they're talking about/they're known trolls

Fanboy logic ftl.

22:26 27/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Those are actually good points, especially numbers 1 and 4. 2chers are just a bunch of uneducated virgin manchildren, when it comes to games they view them in a different light then a normal person would. I for one am going to rent the game to see if i like it and not put my faith in people who are just one small step above being retarded.

20:06 27/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Go back to 1.

YOU DIDN'T PLAY THE GAME, DICK.

Everyone has their own opinions and it really comes down to you playing the game and giving a PERSONAL OPINION on the game.