Top 10 Most Disappointing Games of 2009

king-of-fighters-mai-shiranui-by-ueyama-michirou

A list of the most disappointing games of 2009 which has begun circulating provides some uncontroversial choices, with the disastrous King of Fighters 12 port heading the list…

The ranking:

1. King of Fighters 12 (everything)

2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (can be cleared in 5 hours, bad multiplayer maps, dumbed down)

3. Fight Night Round 4 (bad controls, AI and lack of realism)

4. Bionic Commando (poor plot, overly linear)

5. Section 8 (buggy and unbalanced with no community)

6. Prototype (shallow and repetitive)

7. League of Legends (rushed out)

8. Empire: Total War (pathetic AI, multiplayer balance)

9. Street Fighter 4 (poor balance and silly new moves)

10. Madworld (dumbed down “God Hand”)

19:21 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

As for Modern Warfare 2 it depends. The single player is short but the multiplayer and co-op makes it up.

19:33 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

SF4 was only disappointing to the people that wanted another 3S. It's a fun game and I love the visual style, the online isn't too bad. The question is can you ignore tier whoring?

21:19 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Modern Warfare 2 and Street Fighter 4 are only on that list because of how popular they were.

21:23 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It should've been higher on that list if that was the case.

21:07 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ridiculous list,SF4 and MW2 were the best of 2009

Comment by Tateha
    19:46 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

king of fighters and modern warfare 2 totally agree. while kof 12 was just shit the displeasure with mw2 is probably a product of the extreme hype and marketing campaign it enjoyed. while it is an excellent game, it's not like the second coming of christ for first person shooters. the hype raised the bar so high it marked expectations that could never be met.

20:14 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

fuck this list
    madworld was fun, and so was god hand

Comment by g0dslay3r
    20:29 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i never played the other 9 but i agree with kof12

20:42 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

OK, the Top 10 games list was a simple Amazon sales chart, but exactly WHOSE list is this anyway?

Comment by Dee0342
    18:10 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Modern Warfare 2 and Street Fighter 4 dont belong in here.

But yes, KoF XII sucked hard.

17:01 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The source is TrueGameHeadz lol. it is not a poll or anything, just some gamer opinions. what a weak source. clearly a troll news.

16:55 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, that's just like, your opinion man.

17:03 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree with the list, KoF XII was what i was really looking forward to and i returned that shit within a week, and street fighter 4 is the biggest step down they could have taken from street fighter 3, and don't even get me started on that heaping pile of shit that is modern warfare 2

17:19 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree with league of legends being on the list.

17:21 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What is the source of this?

17:46 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well since Madworld is last on the list, it's alright for me.
    what, i didnt know i could clear COD mw2 so quickly. I got it cleared within 2 days of playing, probably 10 hours or so

17:57 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sf4 really sucks, I couldn't really play more than 1 hour, the movements and characters are all the same as the sf2 just with better graphics, boring as hell

17:32 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

These rankings are trolls.

17:34 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

>7. League of Legends (rushed out)
    To be fair, it's in a state of constant updating like most online games.

Comment by destructorv2
    09:24 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1. Hell Yes that was disappointing, and i was rooting this to be great, then... no..

2. Well knew it blows already, especially if their charging me 50 bucks. And. Would games stop focusing more on multiplayer and pls try to do a better single player?

3. didn't know, but thanks for warning.

4. I like "Bionic Commando Rearmed" better.

5. This one was underrated though, the multiplayer is where the game shines. the disappointment part is actually.. People didn't care.

6. Should've gotten Infamous instead of this, what an overrated game...

7. Can't argue with that.

8. Same thing with Section 8, no one cared.

9. I'm okay with it, just that ya, unbalanced. But what can you expect from SF? when they said they balanced the game, their lying.

10. The main thing about the game is to have fun, c'mon... think that bloodbath is for solving a math problem?

21:12 21/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

6. Lol No, play them both again. Infamous wasn't some cash-in rush-job that Prototype was. I mean seriously, in prototype there were 200 of the same character on screen just walking around, despite being in the middle of some fucking war, and also the story made no sense. Complete opposite with Infamous, less crappy people on screen, each reacted to what happened around them, and it didn't seem like the writers had no clue they were making a video game.

11:10 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Honestly, Can you believe the ranking from this site ?(i mean this url [http://www.truegameheadz.com/blogheadz/top-ten-most-disappointing-games-of-2009/,]http://www.truegameheadz.com/blogheadz/top-ten-most-disappointing-games-of-2009/, not sankaku). I never even heard of that site until TODAY.

Based on the comments the articles are getting on that site (I don't see too many lol), it must be popular *sarcasm*. I love their ghetto game writing for SF 4. Yes, I'm sure he can write better than me, but compared to other game sites, it sucks.

"Let’s also not forget the incredibly hyped, but useless focus attacks and the idiotic addition of Ultra moves. I never thought I would see the day where a fighting game rewards you for getting your ass kicked."

or pretty much biased rankings I suppose.

12:49 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

so many people complaining about balance on st4. If you didnt like it and found it dissapointing, thats fine, but i bet most of you dont play at a level where you can notice the unbalance. its only your lack of skill, quit complaining.

Comment by KajiKingStarzky
    13:02 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm sorry but why the hell is Street Fighter 4 on the same list as King of Fighters 12? Street Fighter was a good game with good controls and everything was good. I'm sure I'm not the only pissed off Street Fighter fan here.

Comment by Huey
    03:52 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol this site.

Best games of 2009 Japanese games <.<

Worst games of 2009 Western games

but worst games sold the most copy and made the most money.

Comment by R3TAK
    05:28 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I haven't even got Modern Warfare 2 yet and thanks to this thread i definetly won't i've heard alot of bad things about it anyway and plus it's been ruined by hackers too.

Comment by MARl0
    07:32 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

MadWorld and Street Fighter 4 were both fantastic games. To say that they were disappointing is just asinine.

07:51 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This list is shit.

02:14 19/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

you guys are forgetting tekken 6

00:17 22/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fight Night Round 4? Seriously? R4 plays a HELLUVA lot more realistically than R3! I'm glad they got rid of that parry system from R3 cause you can't do shit like that in real life! C'mon!

But I do agree with KOF XII. I loved the arcade release but they left us with so little in the home version.

11:50 22/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WEEABOOO!!!!!! FAGGOTTTS!!!!!!!!!!!

These game are good in general, but i think someone who likes Asura Cryin' would love Modern Warfare 2, and vice versa. The themes in both title are same, like betrayal, murder, etc.

These are JAP ranks, bitch! not US, Gamespot, or Gamefaqs ranks, you faggot!

Anyhow, for the offended, why don't you play Spore, The Sims 3, or NFS Shift?

03:45 29/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Clicking this list, I thought to myself, "If they say Modern Warfare 2, I will RAGE"

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

If you want the game to last longer, stop pussying around with the easy difficulty and play Veteran!

08:56 19/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

UR a fucking idiot to think Modern warfare 2 is a good game its total crap even of Veteran it should not be mentioned as an infinty ward game as its so terrible compared to MW4 but black ops is worse

13:34 21/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I just looked at the list for top 10 kickass games and compared, most of the top 10 disappointing games are mostly US/english-based whereas top 10 kickass games are mainly targeted at japanese.

So now it's just based on preference, whether you are a japanese orientated gamer or an american orientated gamer. Personally, I have no intent to troll but here goes...I don't wanna spend 40 hours shooting russians and terrorists alike. When you get down to it, most RPG games tend to lengthen their gameplay by dungeon grinding to get higher levels and loot and all...so shorten it down, prolly for an average, you cud've spent 10 to 20 hours lurking in a dungeon for levels.

I do agree that MW2's multiplayer gameplay is rather frustrating when someone obtains a really insane killstreak, but that's quite a rare chance sometimes. Most of the air support however, can be easily brought down with a stinger, no problem.

16:49 19/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

MW2, Prototype, Madworld, and SF4 don't even come close to being on that list. Nice try.

13:36 21/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Prototype does. The storyline was interesting but plot-wise and gameplay wise its darn repetitive.

Comment by Timoshikun
    05:40 19/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why are they using the picture of Mai? She wasn't even in the new KOF, which in my opinion was a mistake for them anyways. May should always be in it!

Comment by Bronxdragon
    13:51 20/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I did not get any of those games........

03:38 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol awesome I agree with this list, why the hell did they have to screw up KoF's man that game should have gone out in a bang but what can you do and yes MW2 blows I still want to play Counter Strike since you can't camp for 20 hours in one spot haha.

Comment by TakedaDoujin
    03:33 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

<,< Look, I know I'm probably dumb for saying this, and I know it's no excuse, but guy who spear headed KOF XII Already said he was sorry. He released the game in a rush because of BlazBlue and Street Fighter, and aside from BlazBlue, both of those games fell flat on their nerf character having asses. It's a broken game, and MUGEN is easily more fun, but let them redeem themselves.

23:23 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Where's The Conduit on this list?

00:39 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree on this list but come-on Prototype may be repetitive but its fun to master killing your enimes with a viral infection lol.

00:46 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

uh yeah.... anyone saying SF4 is broken is totally diluted.. it may not have been what yo invisioned, but its still the most balanced fighter ever..people are mad cause they cant beat the top tier fighters.. sounds like a bit of laziness to me.. no game has ever had the characters in such good balance while there were so many to select from.. and if you thin blaz blue is a proper fighter your out your gord.

01:01 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Totally. BlazeBlue is obnoxious. You can be extremely offensive in that game without worrying about openings, which is hard for defensive players like me. SF4 is balanced, but severely lacking in moves. Plus, it takes forever for the ultra bar to fill up, and if you miss your ultra you are wide open.

02:43 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

fuck off you tier dick suckin' fag!

22:22 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't see how Prototype was a disappointment. The game is great. As for repetitive, it was maybe a little but on the other hand you could kill in too many ways so it doesn't really count.

I had too much fun with this one.

Comment by Azwethinkweiz
    22:34 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Can't believe mwf2 is on this list.

Comment by destructorv2
    09:26 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well now you do.

23:08 17/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I love these rankings because they mean complete shit to me, protoype and section 8, I rather enjoy those two games, there fun to 'me' I dont really give a shit about others their enjoyment isnt my concern.

I will be getting MW2 xmas so I will see wether or not all this hate for the game is justified or just from 8 year odd retards

Comment by BlaqCat
    02:51 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I will admit the balance in SF IV is off, but it doesn't deserve to be on a "most dissapointing" list. Outside of BlazBlue, it's the best fighter to release this year (sorry Tekken, but the online issues killed it for you even AFTER the patch).

03:07 18/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Where is FFXIII?