Top 10 Anime of 2009, According to 2ch

bakemonogatari-senjougahara-hitagi

2ch has made its final pick of the anime of 2009, and the list provided seems unlikely to provoke much opposition.

The “let’s pick the top 5 anime of 2009” ranking (with an additional 5 anime to bring it up to the obligatory 10), along with the votes each received:

1. Bakemonogatari (1231)

2. Darker Than Black II (805)

3. Saki (704)

4. K-ON! (582)

5. Higashi no Eden (525)

6. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (456)

7. Kimi-ni Todoke (428)

8. Taisho Yakyu Musume (238)

9. Natsume’s Book of Friends (209)

10. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (199)

Whither Haruhi? 25th with a pathetic 76 votes, hardly a surprise considering 2ch’s attitude to Kadokawa’s marketing antics…

2ch conducted the same ranking exercise in 2008, with the following results:

1. Code Geass R2 (595)

2. Ga-rei Zero (564)

3. True Tears (439)

4. Strike Witches (371)

5. Kannagi (352)

There are also the earlier seasonal 2009 rankings for Summer and Fall, based on different threads.

It would appear 2ch’s critical faculties are as well developed as could be hoped for from anime otaku.

Comment by Matteas
    21:39 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

True Tears ranked third last year? Wtf?! Did I watch the same True Tears? Although I can't say it sucked, there were many better anime in 2008.

Comment by Chris
    22:39 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1. Bakemonogatari (1231)

No complaints.

22:56 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol i have never even see aney of thows shows

07:11 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

wat r u doing here then?

Comment by acejem
    23:13 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Heh, it's funny how if favourites of someone's didn't get in the top 10, the other animes are overrated for them. Overrated is a subjective term. What's overrated for one person is not for another.

If you're going to ask me for my personal opinions Saki, K-on! and Railgun shouldn't be on the top 10, whilst Clannad ~After Story and Spice and Wolf II should be. But whatever, this is what the majority of otakus tend to like, and 2ch, although not perfect, is a decent representation of what is popular/good.

I am very surprised about True Tears being ranked as #3 for 2008. I mean I really liked the anime, but I thought it wasn't THAT popular. I mean the DVDs sold like shit.

As a last note based on personal opinion, fuck yeah Bakemonogatari at #1 and Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou making the top 10.

08:13 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree with you about Saki, K-on! and Railgun, but I absolutely disagree of you about Higurashi no naku Clannad ni and Spice and Wolf QUALITY II(the ending sucked hard)... True Tears...= leechers.

Comment by exia
    22:58 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

same aney of them good ?

22:34 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Senjougahara is hot!
    But the anime overall is good, but not that good.
    Should be No.2

Comment by Templa
    22:16 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Where is Phantom - Requiem for Phantom? was the best series with the best story this year. WTH voted there? Boringmonogatari is overrated!

00:40 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

..was going to vote you down, but then I saw a blushing Misuzu...

19:59 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Was Saki actually all that good. I watched the first few episodes and all I got out of it was a short-circuited brain from all the Mahjong talk.

Is Mahjong actually that complicated, I used to play it on my computer when I was 10 or so and I swear it was that confusing.

21:15 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You were playing a different game which uses the same tiles. Don't remember its name right now.

Comment by LDC
    18:22 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Am I the only one who hated Senjogahara, but like every other girl in the show?

21:48 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I prefer Hanekawa and Hachikuji over her anytime. I don't hate her at all of course, only it feels like she's getting the Mio-like fame that the other girls in the series don't get enough love...

00:49 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

At least Senjougahara deserves her fame far more than Mio.

Personally I like all the girls (I'd argue that this is true for most guys who watched the anime), Senjougahara just happens to be my number one pick.

18:26 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No love for Kanamemo, 2ch? :(

Comment by Firetribe
    21:38 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not fully uncensoring the DVD release may have shot it further down the list...

20:35 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

DTBII is shit

22:15 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

you eloquent individual, you!

23:34 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Natsume Yuujinchou and Eden of the east are the only good anime on that list. And the list seriously lacks Phantom Inferno, Natsu no Arashi! and Hajime no Ippo: The New Challenger.

And it's ridiculous how Bakemonogatari is so popular when it's basically the equivalent of Twilight in Japan; poorly written teen drama with supernatural elements as shitty metaphors of teenage relationship problems.

Comment by acejem
    23:35 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually Vampire Knight is more like the Twilight equivalent of anime. Also males in general do not like Twilight, whilst bakemonogatari both genders like it.

Haven't seen Phantom Inferno nor Hajime, but Natsu no Arashi was boring (and the forced salt humour was not funny) and Eden of the East majorly flopped towards the end.

AS I SAID, whats overrated is subjective.

02:36 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

OMG, Twilight is equivalent to Bakemonogatari? Holy shi~ So that means there's going to be loli molestation in it as how Araragi raped Hachikuji..

Brb, going to watch New Moon just to see Edward screwing Fanning....

...oh nevermind, just remembered Fanning isn't a loli anymore.

Comment by RBM
    09:48 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Other than Railgun and Kimi ni Todoke, I haven't seen anything on this list (and truthfully have no real desire too).

No, I take that back. I started to watch Bakemonogatari but got bored with it after about 5 or 6 episodes and dropped it. I may give it another chance later on down the road but I'm not in any rush.

02:16 09/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

umineko should be on that list...maybe it's too gory or something...

02:43 09/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Im with Kannagi
    too bad it came fifth.

08:28 10/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japanese people really likes shit.

Comment by icecoldgangstaa
    16:13 29/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Good to see Bakemonogatari came in as number 1. I really enjoyed watching it...though I'm waiting for the last few episodes to be subbed...

05:49 04/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

2Chan..
    I see.. they like big titties and echchi..
    Saki.. seriously? The game, they play is just cover for boobies and panties exhibition .-D

Bakemonogatari is good.. but it should bee more echci and blody .-)

04:24 09/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Saki and K-On! above Higashi no Eden? Right.

02:29 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1- Edgy moe teens & drama
    2- A trainwreck
    3- Moeblob shit
    4- Moeblob shit
    5- Shojo faggotry
    6- Moeblob shit
    7- Moeblob shit
    8- Moeblob shit
    9- Moeblob shit
    10- Teen drama

Your taste sucks, 2ch and SC.
    Also, KAIJI S2 FUCKING WHERE. You said there would be Kaiji, Fukumoto, WHERE IS MAH KAIJI S2?

09:51 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Haha, Minority shonen Fag.

Truly you're just blindly stamping stuff as Moeblob just because they have characters that look nothing like Pinocchio.

01:17 09/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You made Usopp sad.

Comment by R3TAK
    02:01 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Good, im glad to see To Aru Kagaku no Railgun there I love that anime to much and can't wait for more eps. But ill have to have a look at K-ON and see what thats like.

Comment by pluki7
    03:28 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sigh. No love for CANAAN I see...

Comment by BlaqCat
    02:54 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WOW. DtB and Kimi ni Todoke made it up there eh? Good stuff. Kind of shocked Railgun wasn't ranked higher than it was though ( I personally think it kicks the ass of both Saki, and K-ON). Ah well.

08:17 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Railgun showed plot too late thats why is ranked 6th

08:57 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, It could have taken a spot or two higher, but not much. It can't beat K-ON and Saki on moe levels and it can't beat Bakemonogatari on anything (ok, I like the Railgun OP song better), so I doubt not having those first 3 fail eps in the beginning would have done it that much good.

They should have made an Index S2 instead.

01:17 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Needs more Cross Game

06:03 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looking at Hachikuji, I realised the artist is the same guy who did Popotan.

DO WANT MOAR.

06:24 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

OMG!!! I CALL BLASPHEMY! why does the clasics never reach the top?! like fullmetal alchemist! katekyo hitman reborn! instead there's freakin K-OOONNNN!! there! and yes, im sorry crazy otaku's but WHAT the HELL?! is k-on?! im soo very afraid of watching it cuz it's drawn so gay, and i think it's very hard to belive that someone like's that anime.. bakemonogatari and darker than black should be there though. i wonder if someone could get crucified in japan for saying this stuff.. or am i taking this crazy otaku deal a bit too serious?

00:53 09/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood definitely should be on the list.
    Now... Katekyo Hitman Reborn, well, it's pretty good. But now, not enough to reach the top.

Anyway, i'm glad to see Railgun and Darker than Black (though i haven't ended the first season, but well, from what i've seen, it's pretty good) on the list. And the first place, well... I didn't see Bakemonogatari to have an opinion, lol.

06:46 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck, where is Chrome Shelled Regios? Those bastards obviously are after the chicks and do not give a damn about whether a male can kick arses or not...How pathetic...

09:55 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's pretty amusing that you're using Regios as an example of something good

12:22 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Because it's better that some of the shit on the list? And the male lead is the best compared to the ones on that list, excluding Hei? Oh wai-, half of those doesn't even have a male lead...Guess Anon 06:46 is right about 2channers are after teh pussies after all ;p

21:49 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anon 07:15 here. I thought the male lead in Regios wasn't that special. Sure he seems better than the rest, considering just how low most male leads of anything have dropped but I wouldn't elevate him to my decent list.

TL;DR Regios is still just about the hot girls in it :p

07:15 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I was into Regios for the chicks btw :p

06:50 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

no kara no kyoukai?

2ch, i am dissapoint :/

Comment by Niktesla
    07:00 08/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

well, speaking about what i saw:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - is a special thing of its own special kind. And i think it's pretty "YOU CAN BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU SEE"-way done.

Saki - it was wery interesting to see the 1st half. Really, I even tryed to learn mahjong rules and watched Akagi. Watching Saki at first was similar to wathing Hajime no Ippo... but then all the puntsu service and extraExcess of girls flush just started killing the mood...

To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjobou(a.k.a. Railgun)....
    WHAT?!?!?!? Only 6th place ????????
    At least deserves a better position than Saki! Because somehow it creates the world you really want(and can) to believe...

//========================

BTW, is DtB new season is really better than the 1st one in terms of the plot ?

Comment by CC
    18:03 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Natsume’s Book of Friends

First time I see it fully translated, had to think a bit :)
    Decent lists

Comment by kyosak
    12:46 07/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So I take it that I REALLY need to get off my butt and watch Bakemonogatari?