Top 10 Fall 2009 Anime, According to 2ch

sora-no-otsohimono-mitsuki-sohara

2ch has given its verdict on the current state of the Fall 2009 anime season, and the ranking seems to indicate a resounding victory for Darker Than Black.

It should be noted that most of the votes for the ranking were concentrated in the top 5, with the other 25 or so anime generally securing equally little interest…

1. Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini

2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

3. Nyankoi

4. Kimi ni Todoke

5. Sora no Otoshimono

6. Natsu no Arashi

7. Kämpfer

8. Kobato

9. Seiken no Blacksmith

10. Tentai Senshi Sun Red

And the least popular? Asura Cryin’ and Fairytale, both with a pathetic 8 votes each…

06:44 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

what a shitty list... it just gets worse and worse...

06:29 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What the fuck is Kampfer doing in there, it's total crap.

Comment by exia
    06:13 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

what about ferry tell and Kämpfer is good to

Comment by vin-nii
    06:14 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol how did nyankoi get so high (even though i follow it too)

07:04 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

at least the first four are actually the best 4 of the season

Comment by mi
    09:43 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i thought their list will be
    1. queens blade
    2. queens blade
    3. queens blade

no inuyasha
    no fairy tail
    and kobato scoring lower than sora no otoshimono/natsu no arashi/kampfer

14:39 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Because Inuyasha is fail? And random shounen anime is junk?

07:54 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, Darker than Black is the best thing airing right now, I'll at least agree with that much. Kampfer shouldn't even be on the list. Blacksmith should be higher.

The line up this season is overall pretty stale.

04:24 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

out of those im watching

sora no otoshimono
    to aru kagaku no railgun
    Kämpfer

Comment by Miroku74
    06:25 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm keeping a close eye on Railgun and Kampfer myself. So far, aside from the copious fanservice, nothing to the story yet. But it is still at the start for those two.

Maybe they'll surprise us yet? I'll not hold my breath on it. But I can dram, can't I? ^_-

Comment by Kellogs
    04:07 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, InfiniteNine wasn't alone, nor did he dedicate all that time to this. He's also not poor, damn bastard has it better than I do and I'm the Anon that posted: "Not really, I'm perfectly content with my life. I'm 21 and have my own apartment... ^_^ Not even close ol' chap."

And in case you were wondering, those four + comments were not a mistake. The lot of us are pretty high right now, so this is... :)

As for the anime list I personally find DTB2 and Kimi no Todoke to be the best while Sora no Otoshimono to be amusing. I probably won't see Railgun because I was so disappointed with Index's story (or lack of thereof), even if Railgun is good. But overall I think the list is pretty accurate.

Long live the Priest!

Comment by Miroku74
    04:19 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

... why we can't have nice things.

I agree with the Priest comment though.

04:02 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anime has been pretty awful lately. There hasn't been a quality series that wasn't one massive fan service video in a long time. I miss the Last Exiles and Cowboy Bebops. Everything is moe, panties, breasts, and socially retarded guys amassing harems amidst constant misunderstandings.

Comment by Sylar
    04:32 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Emmm....Have you noticed number 1?

Comment by Miroku74
    04:14 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, true. Cowboy Bebop had some fanservice (Ed and Faye anyone?), but it didn't detract much from the overall flow of the story.

05:41 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"EVERYTHING is moe, panties, breasts, and socially retarded guys amassing harems amidst constant misunderstandings."

Trust me, when people say "all" or "everything", pretty sure they didn't really see them whole.

Comment by Miroku74
    06:47 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Mahoromatic. Sumomomo Momomo. Love Hina. Full Metal Panic! (1st season, The Second Raid, and Sigma).

All had copious amounts of fanservice. All hit certain demographics in their genres. BTW, I also particularly enjoyed *all* these series, TYVVM. ^^

Does that everyone shares my passion for pantsu fashion, or eye for oppai? No. Do I denigrate, exaggerate, or over-inflate my opinions of *their* anime (dis)likes? Fuck no!

I'll vote them up or down, and voice my own comments.

I love anime! I love manga! I love eroge!

*fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap...*

Comment by taz0x
    04:58 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FUCK YEAH SUNRED!!!! THAT SHOULD BE IN THE TOP 5 NOT 10!!

Comment by Yangth
    05:00 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm totally lovin Kimi Ni Todoke!

I like Railgun, but it seems like it's entirely compsed of fillers. There's no actual plot present as of yet, just day to day instances.

08:09 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It maybe a bit off the topic, but You have a cute avatar, Yangth.
    Actually many people in this forum do.

Comment by mi
    09:55 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

im fine with the way they're pacing
    not like the first season, where they throw everything on us, this is finer

07:27 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's started to have a plot... The part about the 'invisible' girl wasn't just there for the lulz. It showed the system 'may' have some errors grading people. And also that one of them is a lvl= is intriguing, she should have a power,even if it's useless (Tohma & co. are all lvl 0 with nullification and regen for example)

Comment by Frans
    04:59 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Rather than regular votes (where you can only choose one of your favorite), they should make a list of all the animes airing and let the voters at least choose their top 5 (in order of course) and grade it from there (weighted average). Of course I don't know how 2ch voting method, but if it like other internet votes, then you can only choose one. The problem with only choosing one is lets say that there is no DtB, then those who would choose DtB don't automatically choose Railgun as their favorite. This would help massively those anime that are good but bumped down because there is a better anime in the same genre.
    For example.. Let's assume that for most people Bantorra is a good anime but since DtB is the better action anime for most people then Bantorra is screwed.

As for the result itself I think it's fair enough considering that (cmiiw) this is just a simple vote.

05:04 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

10. Tentai Senshi Sun Red

Yay! Senshis Parody Go GO!..

Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamppppppppppppppp Saaaamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. I want karage in my bentooooooo

13:27 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Considering that Sora no Otoshimono is not "Oh grimdark with plot twists every episode" or a festival of moeblobbery like K-on, it's doing extremely well to rank #5 on that list (and also considering the majority of the votes were concentrated on the top 5).

Sora no Otoshimono is damn awesome, at the very least for having perhaps the best production values this season so far. (can anyone name another series that has a brand-new ED every single episode?)

13:25 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

well can't say anything since there is no better anime this fall

15:21 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What, how come Astro Fighter Sunred is #10?!

18:51 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Railgun, Kobato, Kimi no Todoke, Kämpfer and Sasameki Koto. These are my menu for the fall season.

11:48 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Darker than Black, well deserved first-place.

11:26 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looking forwardt KOBATO the manga is my favorite work from CLAMP

Comment by Giygas
    04:50 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The lack of Trapeze love upsets me.

04:25 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

what about seitokai no ichizon?! i can understand the fanservice shows ranking high, but kimi ni todoke?! sure, the graphics are nice and shiny, but it's simply brainless! >_<"

04:55 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Where the hell is spice and wolf? :(

07:20 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

In the summer anime section?

07:19 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You mean "Fairy Tail", right?
    Well, it is pretty generic, though it's fun to watch nonetheless (so far, at least).

Bah, who cares about that, though,
    Darker than BLACK for the f-ing win!

04:40 03/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

more like fairy fail lol

01:49 03/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

My personal opinion of fall anime 2009 xD

Book Of Bantorra and DTB 2 are damn great.

11eyes and Sacred Blacksmith, and Railgun are good.

Kämpfer, Nyankoi, and Aoi Bungaku are mediocre.

Needless, Trapeze and Sunred is crap.

Queens Blade, Asura Cryin, and Fairy Tail are all utter garbage and not worth watching.

Havent yet seen Kimi No Todoke or Kobato so aint gonna comment them.

06:35 15/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't see Seitokai no Ichizon

I am disappoint

08:25 17/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I found Nyan Koi to be surprisingly endearing for its type.

Nyan koi is a good example of a lame story told in an interesting way.

And by the comments here, I assume Fairy Tale is the opposite, an interesiting story told in a lame way.

13:12 07/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

According to 2ch.

11:42 05/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FUCK YEAH SUNRED

Comment by Ribbons
    02:44 03/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japan voted right this time~

Darker than Black > All

Comment by RBM
    05:56 03/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

For all the hate on the fall '09 animes, I personally have more shows I'm enjoying this season than anytime in recent memory; have about 8 or 9 I'm following compared to my normal 3 to 5 per season.

00:31 04/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Glad i'm not the only one that found Fairy Fail an utter disappointment. I haven't seen animation quality that bad in a very long time.

Comment by loplop
    04:00 02/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm enjoying Sora no Otoshimono and the 2nd season of White Album the most so far along with my guility pleasure, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu ~Purezza~

14:04 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Railgun in second. It shouldn't even be in the top 10.

14:37 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WTF on Asura Cryin being 8 pts!?! Blasphemy!

15:51 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Top 10 Fail 2009 Anime?!?

16:50 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

seitokai no ichizon is number one

11:10 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sums it up really. You have your odd quality show in the list and then the rest is dominated by the fanservice trash they regularly eat up.
    I know it's a rather poor fall season, but come on...

Comment by Wolfy
    11:06 01/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No love for 11XEyes? 2CH fails this time around.