Ar Tonelico III Flat as a Board Nopan Ero-RPG

Comment by Bronxdragon
    00:15 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

But isn't this whole series pretty uhh whats the word....."stimulating" to begin with. I mean you "dive" into the girl.....off the top of my head I can come up with like millions of jokes. So what does a few panty shots, flat chest, lolis, and traps matter.....its pretty much the accepted norm now and days.....its all well and good until the femnazi's rear their ugly ass faces around.

22:34 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That's one beautiful trailer...

And so flat yet so delicious :3

Comment by Firetribe
    00:17 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The Japanese sure have a keen eye for oppai.

Since this is the third game in the series, is it required to play the previous games first or can you just jump right into this one knowing nothing?

Comment by Duolis
    01:42 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You can play the first one to get a hold of the world, and if you don't mind the bug/glitch or you can read Japanese, play the 2nd, so your expectation for the 3rd will be higher because of a certain loli :p.

01:48 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks like a character from Ar Tonelico II is going to be there...and looks like that all the series are connected so I think you should play the first two, they are pretty good so play them.

21:46 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

shameless fanservice to trap otakus/pedophiles

I won't buy this out of principle, substance before fan service please. Not everyone is a shallow fan service humping otaku.

08:26 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The presence of fan service does not necessarily mean the absence of substance. Excepting of course for the substance on her chest, Mmmm DFC.

05:56 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The Ar Tonelico series has plenty of substance. But of course you wouldn't notice that, since you shut down your brain and switch to denial mode when you even hear or read the word fan service.

07:23 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think you are surfing the wrong place.

21:09 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i alway thought storyline and gameplay is the main attraction for anime and jrpg but now it is more about pantsu XD

22:41 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

...but I don't see any pantsu in those pics...

18:48 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Am 12 and what is this?

Comment by Nin
    01:48 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You've got to agree- that OST sounds pretty awesome.

16:02 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

One of the best things this series has going for it is it's OST alone! ^_^

16:53 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

omg i need to learn japanese

17:01 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

話せません?ホホホ

11:48 30/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Delicious and flat... Clearly relevant to my interests.

Comment by Dark Mage
    05:52 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Pettan Pettan Trurupettan.
    BTW game needs this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfUe2eckPFQ

04:03 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bound to happen, on a similar note, where are the BDSM costumes :0

Comment by Ero-Kurage
    07:16 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes, more J-RPG please !

07:22 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

color me interested

17:49 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Most DFC game ever !

Comment by softbanker
    14:21 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm not done yet with Ar Tonelico ll. Oh well I think I will be done with when the translated version comes out.

14:11 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LoLiS FtW (= 3=) <3

Comment by Exia
    14:23 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oh nopan is well appreciated.

Comment by TeeHee
    14:24 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks awesome. Maybe it's awesome!
    I don't measure awesomeness by cup size.

14:27 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

those who don't want to learn Japanese will have to wait until NIS America decide that it is time to license this title.

any way, any word on the CERO rating for this game? if it is less then "C", then the title won't be that interesting ;-)

although if it is "C" or above, there is a chance it might not get licensed by NIS, because of their tendency to always produce "Teen" rated games (sometime I wander if they believe that anime is for kids!).

18:00 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't see why Artefact makes such a big deal about this. The Ar Tonelico series have always had perverted things, this isn't the first time.

19:15 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah this is not really a big deal in Ar Tonelico series

Comment by demonhaseo
    13:21 27/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

what makes it a big deal for me is the fact that it's in 3d for the firs time so I'm curious how they're ganna play out the battle system, same for the next Atelier series game.

Comment by istuffedsunny
    15:19 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The game won't be nearly as sexual as you guys at SC are making it out to be. Don't set people up for disappointments. The girls will take off half their clothes for you in order to power up (probably at the expense of something else)--big whoop

Comment by demonhaseo
    14:27 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Still can't wait, I want it so badly!!

14:11 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Am I the only one here who's more concern about the gameplay?

Comment by Duolis
    18:04 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm not, since I already saw this:

-Battle system reminicent of ToA/ToV, free movement on 3D field
    -Cocona was narrating the event
    -Dive system allows you to obtain Hymma, Hymma are used to synthesize hymnos during battles
    -RAH system is rather dynamic...battle music changes quite a bit depending on Hymma combination, battle situation, etc
    -Undressing is rather important...

See the last part? The gameplay is going to be fine.
    At least they spent 10 months to complete the RAH system.

00:38 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

apparently its protecting the reyvetails is the essence of the game if turning it into the namco flex range battle system they wont last long in battles which is quite hard

Comment by Yangth
    14:19 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes you are.

15:08 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

if it's even close to 1 and 2, it's fuckwin....especially the fights.

00:49 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

close to 1 and 2? Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 were some of the most piss poor gameplay ever. They were beyond easy. It was really totally fanservice with a story tacked on.

14:08 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If this doesn't hit stateside, I'm so importing this.

On another note, the picture of the loli sounds like a carpenter's wet dream; flat as a board and easy to nail.

13:36 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's... it's beautiful...

Comment by maid-mio
    13:35 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I really need to play the first game.

14:45 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

First was good... second could have been more awesome that the first one if only NISA ironed out the bugs...

just the bugs... D:

16:08 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

...and you found nothing wrong with the dub? Ar Tonelico II probably belongs to top 10 worst dubs of all time. It's either over the top or unmotivated.

If they want Ar Tonelico III to sell, they have to at least hire better people to do the dub, though it is much preferred to have dual audio(or no dub at all).

21:03 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The dub and the localisation is piss poor. As someone who did play the jpn version and can comprehend the dialogue, the NISA localisation cropped off information, had inconsistent editing and changed the tone of the text throughout the game. Add to that having about half the voices missing seriously reduces the impact of certain key scenes since there is no aural backup to the poorly edited text.

I won't say the dub is 'top 10' bad, but it was bad enough to do a disservice to the game as a whole. I honestly couldn't care less about bad dubbing so long as it isn't grating since there's usually an option to turn it off.

What I do mind most of all is the ability for the game to convey the original meaning and intentions without sounding awkward. If the localised text reverses the relationship between characters, that is a travesty especially if a key aspect of the game is about character interactions and relationships.

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    20:09 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ar Tonelico II isn't even close to the top 10 worst dubs ever :P

Star Ocean and Resident Evil were really bad, and Tales of Phantasia on the GBA had such bad dubbing, that I had to go to the doctors office :P

Comment by Schrobby
    03:49 29/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The worst dubs ever are german anime dubs from OVA films. Pure horror..

Comment by Thage
    11:30 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What? Ohh.. English dub, I'm sorry, I don't know such thing; but the translation they did on both I and II made weep T.T
    There's even a fan-made translation for Ar Tonelico II going on now.

16:24 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yea cuz an amarican audiance really wants to listen to high pitched japanese voices, that are also over the top or unmotivated.

16:29 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hate it when people dont know what they are talking about when it comes to dubs. All the top 10 worst dubs will be in games (and anime)that were made 15 years ago.

Except for Chaos Wars. If you want to hear a terrible dub in a game made recently, play Chaos Wars. Its so bad its just bad.

15:31 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I didnt notice any bugs. Either way Im very disapointed in this games choice to go 3d. The sprites in the first 2 were so beautiful. *sad face*

16:19 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh I noticed, and thats what I was talking about. Not the anime drawings, the sprites. I hate that cheap 3d look. Its lazy and just a cheap copout. Give me my stpites back.

Comment by Dirty_Dingus008
    15:48 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If you haven't noticed this, the battle and traveling scenes are in 3D.

Not the pictures used for conversations, those look to be drawings.