Top 10 Cutest Girlfriend Traits

obento-hanami-shoujo-by-goto-p

A survey of Japanese men asking what sort of behaviour they find most cute in a girlfriend yields results which probably resonate with men the world over…

The ranking:

1. She links arms with you

2. She makes you bento

3. She does her best to help out in your daily life

4. She asks “Do you love me?”

5. She always spends the weekend with you

6. She asks “What were you doing?” if you don’t see her for a day

7. She wants to accompany you everywhere

8. She cleans your room for you

9. She does her best to match her hobbies to yours

10. She’s jealous of your last girlfriend

The corresponding male list may also make interesting reading in a subsequent article.

Comment by senfood
    02:45 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think #2 would be especially great if she came by your job to drop it off for you.

08:56 01/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

come by your work? She follows you everywhere, she is already nearby .^_^.

02:09 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks like the ones who answered the questions believe in Freudian Psychology.

Comment by motaku96
    02:08 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Moe.

I find it funny that some of the top 10 mysteries of the female heart are pretty closely related to what we find cute.

03:13 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hold on, guys don't like it when girls supposedly make them say "I love you" but they like to be asked "do you love me?" (5) what the fuck guys make up your mind already!

And what's with number 3, 2 and 8?? you want her to take care of you like your mother but you get annoyed if she nags like her! Fuck, guys are full of shit just the same as women.

05:12 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That is quite true. Are you a young female anon just coming to this realization?

13:18 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not young but damn I was hopeful, just a little bit hopeful, that things wouldn't be so fucked up and people such a piece of shit in this world. I think I've been too optimistic and I am paying for such naivety.

Comment by Y0k41
    01:56 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Cross out #10 and she's perfect.

00:55 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Im not a guy but I wouldn't want my girlfriend this clingy, bento and cleaning is nice but I would want her as girlfriend not maidfriend ^_^;

00:56 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

a list made by men without a gf

01:00 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

share a scarf is cute too

01:17 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Okay, at least half of those points are retarded!
    Worst is probably 9, followed up by 4, 6, 7 and 10...the rest isn't much better, typical depiction of a submissive female being something like a slave to the male. I wouldn't want a gf like that.

01:04 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't believe these POS surveys. If you look at the site, there are only 10 items total and there's a poll at the bottom of the page proving over 50% of the people think it's bull.

Just accept this as the fail article that it is and move on.

06:35 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah...some of those are actually turn offs for me.

Comment by hasegawamiki
    06:19 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think I'm too Japanese for not being one... I can identify myself with all of those

07:38 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

0 - She had sex with me .

08:52 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This list is a complete FAIL.

Totally fake and UNREAL !

05:35 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well... What about the bento? I've always thought that kind of thing only existed in animes.

22:45 27/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe not a complete bento, only a snack? It's not common, but not that rare either.

05:33 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

For Americans, replace #6 with:

"Did you have fun with your football buddies?"

09:28 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

- 1. She links arms with you
    That's cute, yeah.
    - 2. She makes you bento
    Not necessarily cute, but I like the fact that she thinks of me and cooks for me. It's good as long as it ISN'T every day.
    - 3. She does her best to help out in your daily life
    That's... sort of good... I think. But what about her own life?
    - 4. She asks “Do you love me?”
    That's annoying.
    - 5. She always spends the weekend with you
    That's normal, as long as it's not ALL the weekend EVERY weekend.
    - 6. She asks “What were you doing?” if you don’t see her for a day
    That's annoying. Bitching and stalking isn't into my likings list.
    - 7. She wants to accompany you everywhere
    That's scary. Very scary.
    - 8. She cleans your room for you
    That's scary and annoying. Why would she want to barge into my room and clean it? I know it's dirty, but it's MY place. What's in her head?
    - 9. She does her best to match her hobbies to yours
    That's... odd. If we were to have the exact same hobbies, although fun at first, it would soon become boring. Also, does she want to be an exact copy of me? Thanks, but NO.
    - 10. She’s jealous of your last girlfriend
    That's fucking crazy

Artefact:
    "... results which probably resonate with men the world over..."
    I disagree...

00:41 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well congratulations, you misanthropic asshats. Thanks to your inspiring comments, I've finalized my decision to join the seminary, so I'll never have to encounter the possibility of arguing with a real girlfriend.

Seriously, though, what the fuck, SC? You guys keep going on about how these traits are "stalkerish" and "clingy" and don't leave you with enough "personal space." I didn't realize you were all such a bunch of spineless, snivveling bedwetters.

Ever read the classics? This list should be titled "Top 10 Cutest *Hemingway* Girlfriend Traits". A real man knows that his woman needs to be tamed -- a task made much more easy if she's already docile.

22:52 24/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

My top five for cute.
    1. You grab her ass in public or talk about explicit stuff, she goes red.

2. When she walks into a room looking for you and you're standing in an obvious area where she doesn't see you.

3. You scare her and she makes a funny sound.

4. When she makes a funny sound period.

5. Certain flaws.

22:37 24/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I have a girlfriend and I wish she did all these stuffs, especially #8

23:29 24/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Pick a new waifu, it's never late

Comment by Chris
    22:24 24/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

inb4 duplicate list with the items shuffled around a bit.

21:56 24/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i'd seriously wouldn't want her to be jealous of my last girlfriend...but everything else is good for me.

and a girlfriend giving so much time and effort into "raising" her boyfriend seriously will think twice before dumping him....XD

.....well,said like it sure sound creepy (,_,)

22:17 24/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The guys who took this survey don't know any real girls...the sad fact is that I agree with this list except for #6.

22:12 24/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

6. She asks “What were you doing?” if you don’t see her for a day

Kinda common small talk for friends right? I don't know.

8. She cleans your room for you

I'd just feel a bit bad about her doing stuff like that for me.

3. She does her best to help out in your daily life
    7. She wants to accompany you everywhere
    9. She does her best to match her hobbies to yours

Hell yes.

00:41 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

3,5,6,7,9 and 10 can be leveled up to yandere, creepy...

00:37 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

#1
    #9

the rest is not needed

Comment by acesofthesky
    23:46 24/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Loveplus:

1. Can't link arm with DS. maybe someone will invent such, though every morning we got to link arm with them.
    2. Manaka made me one before. I don't know about the other girls though.
    3. They can wake you up in the morning. (Alarm helps your life.)
    4. God, try going into LovePlus mode for 2 hours. ><
    5. If I didn't call for a date, she will.
    6. Never left the DS for more than 2 days..
    7. Of course I carry my DS everywhere. if the DS is used by my sister, I'll take the microSD in my wallet.
    8. Now, this is impossible.
    9. This too
    10. But I never had a girlfriend! D=

23:59 24/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ahh the good side of 3D girls...

00:00 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japanese like super maids as gf? >.>

Comment by Busy
    00:03 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Who doesn't? Besides that in japan guys prefer innocent and cute acting woman.

Comment by Reichi
    10:20 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Good to see they followed up that other survey.
    But some of these traits seem creepy. But then again, I'm a girl, what do I know about men~

08:57 26/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Look at all the other comments about men disagreeing with some of these.

10:58 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Last time I did these things, I got dumped. *sad face*

10:59 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

of course, i wasn't his g/f. i was just being a clingy friend. XD

Comment by acesofthesky
    13:57 25/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe he wants you as his g/f, not as a clingy friend? >.>

10:41 17/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

cleans your room for you

dood

no man no.

05:15 14/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Like a slave(can be Male),I'm I right?

09:25 09/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

In short.

A low-maintenance satellite.
    Someone who doesn't need a lot of attention, puts your needs first, and doesn't. She "revolves around you."

08:15 25/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

...
    Basement Dwellers were interviewed with great risk.

05:58 21/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Too bad girls described on the list above don't actually exist. They only live in my imagination..
    And anime ^_^

Comment by Sandalphon
    11:19 20/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

1-5 I mostly agree, except for 4, which is not ok when she's pushing for it, but it's ok if I have come to word my feelings as such before and she simply wants to hear them again.

"6. She asks “What were you doing?” if you don’t see her for a day"

I find it endearing as long as it's not borne out of dominating jealousy, but rather an interest about how my day was.

"7. She wants to accompany you everywhere"

'Everywhere' might be annoying, but 'everywhere she thinks I want her company' would be ok.

"8. She cleans your room for you"

She's my girlfriend, not my wife. I dislike not finding things where I left them.

"9. She does her best to match her hobbies to yours"

That's a bit extreme, 'she shows interest in your hobbies' would be more endearing.

"10. She's jealous of your last girlfriend"

By all means no, just like she'd dislike me being jealous of her past boyfriend.

01:49 14/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Most of these would worry the hell out of me. 1 and 9, mayyybe, but the rest seem awfully clingy and shallow, not to more annoying than cute.

04:01 22/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

i find 5 of those 10 traits annoying

17:07 15/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yandere + traits mentioned in the list FTW!

15:35 05/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

#6 only works for Tsundere and Yandere.
    anyone else and it's just annoying.