Xbox 360 Sales Collapse Completely

xbox-360-rrod-shoujo

The latest console sales figures show what looks to be an irreversible and humiliating collapse in Japanese Xbox 360 sales, with the console by some margin the worst selling console on the market, even dropping once again below the PS2.

The latest figures:

DSi 57,000

PSP 55,000

PS3 37,000

Wii 32,000

DSL 6,600

PS2 2,800

360 2,600

The recent price cut in response to the PS3 Slim seems not to have had the desired effect.

On the other hand, cuts in price for the Wii and PSP, to say nothing of the PS3 Slim itself, have had rather positive effects on sales… The Xbox 360 may well and truly be in an irretrievable position this time.

16:48 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Seriously i dont undertstand why gay box is still here.Fail MACHINE IS FAIL.

23:03 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

PS3 FOR THE WIN!
    BURN ALL XBOX360s'!!!!!

18:05 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol seriously i dont know why xbox is still trying in japan. Its failing worse than the ps3 is failing here in the states. Xbox has a lot of great games, too bad the hardware breaks when you look at it funny

17:49 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Good! MS must lose and go out of console market!

16:50 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Clearly, the lack of sales indicates that:

a) People have their 360, and any problem fixed it being done under warranty
    b) Sales of the other consoles rising is Sony going 'Fuck you' with warranties so people have to buy new ones.

I mean, really.

17:32 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

not abig problem i have both console bwa ha ha ha...

20:24 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Contributing to a 4 digit comments news.

20:32 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

everyone wave goodbye to the dreamcast 2 euuuuhhh the xbox360...

19:12 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

CONSOLE WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Tateha
    19:07 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the xbox 360 satisfies a niche market in japan , mainly moe games, idolmaster, STG games (shit, want some CAVE games on ps3 damn it so I can import them) and for those who like western FPS games.

if I can remember correctly, the STG gaming industry have a tendency of favoring developing on the "loosing" systems since it's cheaper and they know it's fans will buy their games anyways regardless of platform.

it's probably the same for idolmaster, dreamclub and moe games,the players/ fans are hardcore.

xbox has that niche market covered in japan but it has virtually no new growth in it's games' fanbase, meaning it'll eventually see the same fate as the mega drive, saturn and dreamcast; which were all good systems in their own right but failed to capture the mainstream market.

14:48 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

aww the girl looks so helpless, i wanna comfort her.

Comment by notanother4non
    18:38 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

it's a trap!
    no, seriously, as long as it looks like an eye-pleasing subject, why do we care.

14:09 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If you want a console that can shit itself for no reason, then get urself a 360!

14:52 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They just don't like FPS's in Japan though I'm surprised the DSi is selling so well it's crap.

16:14 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

People realize xbox has almost nothing but FPS's you can already play on PC pretty much?

Wonder how long before it becomes just as worthless as the first xbox?

Are there any lines in vegas? It will happen soon enough..

16:18 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If the PS3 is such a good console, then how come IT HAS NO GAEMS?!

16:37 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL
    are you fucking stupid? Or are you a fanboy?
    No games huh? Okay then, here's a list to prove your statement wrong :
    1) Uncharted 1&2
    10)Gran Turismo 5
    11)Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1&2
    12)Demon's Souls
    13)Killzone 2
    14)Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots

and many many more!
    (sarcasm)yeah, the PS3 has no games(/sarcasm)

19:11 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

dude you must be new to the internet

21:11 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

PC has no gaems. (if you don't count MMOs)

Comment by Hunger
    16:07 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yehey!!!lolz

15:05 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I look at world wide sales figures and just laugh at this article.

15:21 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I look at the 360 and laugh at it's shitty stability.

Then I feel sad that I live in the country that's buying up all the 360's.

facepalm

16:00 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nice straw man argument there.

15:03 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It really is no surprise the Xbox 360 is not doing well in Japan the Xbox1 did very poorly and most of the games just are not of the genre that is popular in Japan.
    FPS games like halo just are not popular there they want moe games or platformers and puzzles.

What is surprising is how well the DSi is selling which is in my opinion a downgrade from the DSL.
    No GBA slot and the camera is worse then what you'd find in most cell phones today.

15:25 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Got a 360 a few years back, hacked the firmware and was fortunate to never get RRoD. I've played and enjoyed a few games on it.

Got a PS3 a few months back, and have got more enjoyment from it already.

16:15 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I also had a 360 for a while...but mine DID break and now I'm enjoying Demon's Souls on ps3. Fuck the 360...just fuck it.

Comment by Myballz
    15:33 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Here the thing I found out if Sony goes out of Buisness then the Japanese gaming Industry is screwed.

I was told this by a friend of mine because it seems they need Sony more then they need Microsoft.

21:22 10/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's JAPAN, what do you expect?

01:44 11/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Microsoft doesn't even need japan they aren't any huge bulk of the gaming industry.

07:39 11/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"they aren't any huge bulk of the gaming industry."
    You are about to die. Slowly and painfully.

10:37 26/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, too bad for you NA sales are also plummeting

PS2>XBAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWX360

15:07 10/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Moving to the PC now, as anon said "Console games are now lacking originality" and is so true.

08:09 10/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

PS3 started as an overpriced piece of crap (can't afford it), the XBox 360 has a poor QA from the start (my lens died after a year and a half), the Wii is....well it's the Wii what a I supposed to do with it?

to hell with this next gen console crap, anyone up for some empire strikes back on the atari?

06:43 10/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmm...interesting. Well, considering that developers had to actually try to get people in Japan to like the Xbox (SVC Chaos cover, anyone?), I really think this is to be expected. Maybe the Microsoft should just stay in the US, where they have their real fanba-

*gun clicks*

Er, umm...I mean...fuck, er ah...Micro$hit...umm, er, ah...the Xbox 360 is nothing...err...more than a...big...paperweight...and anyone that...err, likes it, should...umm, go buy a...PS3?

Mysterious Voice: *gun clicks* "Not rude enough."

...err...by go buy a PS3, I mean...uhhh...die in the worst possible way? ...preferably by suicide?

Mysterious Voice: "That's better."

So...yeah...umm...PS3 is...Number 1...Xboxisnumbertwo.

*gun fires*

13:15 10/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Its really amazing to see that the xbox 360 is still in the race only selling in the U.S. and Europe cause I really don't count Japan. ( U can see why) One could ask why the xbox doesn't sell well in japan?? but it still interesting! XD

14:57 10/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

serves right that crappy console... 54% defective?! WTF?! Microsoft should leave it to the pro's...

13:59 10/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

UNCHARTED 2!!!

00:02 01/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Damned Japanese!
    They have all those Moe Games on the Xbox 360 and can't even appreciate that. Why can't those game developers just screw Japan and develop Moe Games for the foreign market?

I have both Xbox 360 and PS3 and I just can't think of the reason those Japs (or all those PS3 fanboys) don't like the 360. The PS3 has slightly better graphics, but that's it.
    I prefer the gaming on the 360, and the PS3 for other entertainment purposes, since it's more customizable.
    In other words: The 360 is the better gaming console, the PS3 is the better home entertainment System.

However I have one big complaint on both: No Matroska and no FLAC...
    Is it really so hard to get those FREE Codecs to work? I mean those consoles are effectively fully capable computers. PS3 even had official Linux support.
    I'm sure that can be done with a software upgrade.

00:41 21/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

MMD + Kinetic = WIN, it shall rise and SONY has what?

NOTHING!

23:42 12/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the weak point of microsoft! they don't have marketing XD... and consequently they don't make market studies fail...

come on Halo and the american games don't are the important games in japan.. japan demands MOE

20:31 20/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank goodness its sales collapsed.Could you imagine a world where MICROSOFT RULES ALL? I'll be first on the next portal to an alternate universe.

05:26 10/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yup Microsoft neeeds to build a more reliable machine.

21:08 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The only way MS is gonna triump in the Japanese market, is to release the XCase, a portable Xbox.

21:02 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

to late for ps3 to pick up now only reason they are buying it in japan is becuase they are racist and prefer to buy japanese systems

20:38 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well its only one area of the market probably come back up next year.

My 360 has only died twice, first lasted year and abit, 2nd lasted year n a half which isnt too bad I think, both times were within warrenty so only waited a week before getting it back.

21:29 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Like I always say, given the bias over there, I think what's remarkable is that the XboX has done even this well in Japan.

The exclusive games are almost universally targeted at a western audience, so failure in Japan is almost a given. Though why Microsoft keeps trying to push it over there *is* baffling.

I however, am a gamer who enjoys entertainment from both sides of the pond, and therefor hope that both platforms remain competitive with each other worldwide.

00:22 10/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I dont believe this is entirely to do with what is better. I think this may also relate to reliablility no other gaming platform has experience their own version of the dreaded Xbox 360 "red ring of death"
    besides
    every gaming console has their good games and bad games
    every gaming console has their good features and bad features
    and concerning the 'ps3 slim' microsoft game studio released a newer 360 model known as the Xbox 360 elite of course the sales for the original model will drop

Comment by Killermanjaro
    22:18 09/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

How come I never had a problem with my 360? Yes I'm on my second, but it was under warranty. I accidentally dropped it from about 8ft but hey shit happens.

And hey if your a true gamer you don't bitch and moan about the little frivolous details. You play the game for the game not the console. You play the games to be with friends and family. You play for the fun and sport of it and not be little trolls like the majority of you are even if you don't realize it.

I've been a fan of Nintendo since the mid '90s. I got my first game (Super Smash Bros. for the N64.) Then I became a fan of Sony in the late '90s when I used to play Crash Barracuda and Driver. When the original xBox first came out I was never a fan of it, until the 360 was announced.

I am 19 now and this little tidbit comes to show that it all comes down to demographics in age and the popularity in one system over another.

And just to further this comment, Why were Sony and Nintendo products so great in the US? And Why are there so many people bias over another console? And why do some consoles seem to work better than others? Simple:

1) No console was made by US until the first xBox was released.

2) People grow up with different consoles so they favor that one over another.

3) People need to take care of their consoles. Clean them every so often. Do a little maintenance to make sure it works. Consoles are not cheap, try to make them last.

Comment by Riiku
    13:47 11/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Man, I love you! For speaking my opinion (i'm too lazy to type all those words)

04:36 10/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1) No console was made by US until the first xBox was released.

umm...Atari and the calecovision might want to have a word with you...