Persona 3 Portable Unveiled

chidorin

Acclaimed PS2 RPG Persona 3 has been given a surprise adaptation to the PSP, along with some interesting changes.

The port is due November 1st 2009, and will feature a number of changes, the most notable of which is that the protagonist will be a female instead of the previous male.

Additionally, an entirely new character is promised, looking to be a male version of Elizabeth; some gameplay additions in the form of new difficulty levels are also promised.

persona-3-portable-caps-2
SA3A0043
SA3A0032

Whether this will incorporate the Fes expansion is not clear…

07:35 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I wont like game if im playing as girl to hard to relate to a female protagonist hopefully you can still be male.

07:37 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i don't know why they're doing this so soon. and adding in new characters just changes the continuity of the storyline too much which is a little annoying. i don't have a psp anyway so its not like it matters.

Comment by TaKa
    08:01 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nooooo, well... enough, from what I can see on the images, they gave a lot of attention to the female character, but, the male character is still in there (and I just saw some other information and it says you'll be able to choose your gender), so, we should be able (I hope) to use some option so we can choose our MC gender, and I'm sure they will add an "enhanced" version of the original music. And as you can see an slightly cooler version of the original MC.

Comment by Schrobby
    04:55 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

To Sony et al: Port your games to PC or shove it.

05:35 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah because PC is THE Platform for JRPGS right ?

srsly PC + Japan = Rapelay and other high quality entertainment

Comment by Max
    05:30 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well all we can do is wait

Comment by Schrobby
    08:21 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anonymous said:
    yeah because PC is THE Platform for JRPGS right ?

srsly PC + Japan = Rapelay and other high quality entertainment

You wanted to be wrong but actually you're right. ^_^
    I ignore console titles if I can't play them with an emulator.

Comment by Atma
    08:56 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm all over this.

Comment by taishi tetora
    10:20 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

finally atlus looking for the gendbend genre after they did reverse trap on P4 ROFLMAO

now i can make "yuri" route using female ver protagonist LOL

10:29 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wait, so if we played with a female protagonist...would we still have a Babe Hunt? Or would it be a Guy Hunt with the girls?

Comment by no$
    11:06 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

dunno,
    but i hope we still have babe hunt...

12:40 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I would assume so since jrpgs are staunchly anti-gay. Female MCs can look forward to dating Akihiko, Shinjiro, Junpei, Kenji, and maybe even Ken (maybe not "dating" but an onee-chan type thing.)

I think the biggest change would be how it'll completely change the dynamic of the group. The MC being a girl would not be hanging out with Junpei and Akihiko, but with Mitsuru, Yukari, and Fuuka. Alot of scenes will need to be rewritten to suit a female MC. It'll be almost a whole new game.

Be interesting to see what they do with it

Comment by numpang lewat
    16:32 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Alot of scenes will need to be rewritten to suit a female MC. It’ll be almost a whole new game.

Be interesting to see what they do with it"

seconded.

this will be , like, a whole new game !

honestly, even in my wildest dreams, I never thought ATLUS will be brave enough to do this X3

But... on the other side, I don't like the idea of the whole P3 story gets rewritten. But the female prota story will be considered non-canon though, so I guess no need to be so serious bout it :P

Comment by Chad
    04:51 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm all about girls in anime, and I don't give a damna bout the male cast. This is especially true in dating and life simulator games. But even I have to admit, this is epic awesome. I always love when a company realises that if people like me exist, then the anti-type to me exists as well. I know a girl who is all about the dudes and to hell with the chicks, so this will be christmas for her, lol. Now this is what I call, equality. XD

Comment by redmage87
    02:14 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know how I feel about Bro-lizabeth.

02:02 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is too right! There's a whole lot of female Persona fans out there, and though I know it is called "role-playing" for a reason, I'm sure a good number of them would definitely like to play as a girl (not to mention the guys who are into playing girls, but that hardly needs to be said.)

Comment by Arehexes
    01:10 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What a good b-day gift :D

Comment by numpang lewat
    01:29 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well... I think there will be a lot of Storyline changes if we play as the girl...

- Yakushima event -- Minato hugging Yukari -- THAT's GOTTA BE CHANGED ! (honestly, I don't liek Yuri, no offense)
    - Hot Spring event... now I wonder what's gonna be changed :D
    - and... there's so much Social Link with males, so there;s gonna be a lot of option for the boyfriend? WOW !
    - erm... I wonder what's teh ultimate persona -_-" (it'd be strange if Messiah became a female)
    - etc.

RLY INTERESTED !

02:41 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

wtf ? Must get though~ Minato-ko ? XD

Comment by Fakitymcfakers
    12:17 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hah, persona 3/4 is just for retarded little weebo's anyways. Go play the real ones, or keep looking forward to this version, essentially a version for girls and faggots.

Comment by numpang lewat
    19:57 20/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

By the way...

the MC can be now female, so will Aigis still has affection for her? (OMG Yuri)

and... if it has The Answer like in FES, wouldn't it be strange if Yukari is jealous to the fact that Aigis inherited the Wild Card ability??

woah, so many story points gotta be changed.
    if this turns out to be a success, Atlus, you did a great job.

but if it turned out to be Fail, then Atlus, Persona 3's name will become REALLY dirty, beware...

12:08 21/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Am I the only one here who prefers women, but still thinks Bro-lizibith looks cooler than the original female?

Comment by Exitium
    12:17 21/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anonymous said:

Not really. To be honest my first thought upon seeing the male version of Elizabeth was:"So that's what kanji would look like in elizabeth's garb."

Comment by numpang lewat
    19:49 24/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmm... I thought Bro-Lizabeth looks like GARcher, minus the black skin...

It'd be kewl if he can use Unlimited Blade Works to PWN us instead of the 9999 Megidolaon LOL.

12:43 20/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why are they holding fucking cards instead of guns?
    And why add a female character? The main character was a straight badass. They don't actually think girl play these games do they?

Comment by Exitium
    14:42 20/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Some girls do play these games.

Comment by anonvik
    04:44 20/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

anyone knows which magazine the scan is from?

I really want to buy it :3

08:56 06/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Apparently, the thing of the game is based on the butterfly effect or something to that extent. Kind of a 'what if' as far as the gender goes.

13:01 20/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hmmm.... a name for the FeMC Arisato Misato...maybe

23:08 06/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Alright, I'll wait for the UNDUB of this one :3
    (Knowing that ATLUS won't give us a choice between awesome JP voices and Earbleed and leave us with earbleed)

02:02 11/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

man the poster of this article needs to get his facts strate the main charictures gender is choosible batween male and female also the mail vertion has som added fetures sutcha as boness dungins and i cant seem to remember what elss as fare as i know the female charicter can date only guys i havent hurd anything difrent

PS sorry for the bad spelling and gramer i had to typ this wile holding in my by bath room worthy stuff umm sorry that was a bit tmi i apoligise

Comment by numpang lewat
    20:37 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL, female MC summoning Mara would be kicking ass :lol:

a female protagonist summoning a penis with chariot, how EPIC !

*NICE CHARIOT*

Comment by MeidoNiac
    00:49 20/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sorta related;

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=305266 [http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=305266]
    http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=517165 [http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=517165]

20:17 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm guessing the female MC's persona would be Eurydice (also known as Agriope)which was Orpheus wife well it kinda makes sense

Comment by savethepoppers
    13:12 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Female protagonist? That makes sense. In the art book, it seemed like there were plans for one.

13:30 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FUCK AWESOME!!! \m/

Comment by Gradation
    12:57 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The Genderbender of Persona 3?!

Comment by Mirei
    12:19 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow~<3
    This made my day! xD

13:53 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

they're gonna make fans buy the same game a 3rd time? jesus christ. i'll pass on this. i already bought the orginal p3 and fes

Comment by maga
    14:55 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I was gonna waste my money on final fantasy dissidia but I'd much rather waste it on this.

20:12 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FUCK YEAH MC is a girl

also I wonder if there will be new persona's just think of the appearance of the female MC with "Mara" also who's the deity related to Orpheus or a female counterpart?

Why does Bro-lizabeth look like Kanji oh well hoping for cameos

16:42 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Damm, it better have dual audio... It fucking better. More Elizabeth too.

Comment by Raso
    17:10 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

it probably won't a UMD only holds 1.9gigs while dvds hold 4 gigs, I am really surprised that they are trying this with the massive space limitations.

Comment by d
    15:00 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

persona gonna be my console buster

Comment by Exitium
    15:31 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmm, I'm curious if Yukari will still set her sights on the main character this time around.

01:05 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The disturbing resemblance of the genderbent Elizabeth with Kanji from P4 makes it hard for me to take him seriously...

Comment by Panda
    01:02 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

usually dont care about psp games but god damn this game is gonna own fuck me

Comment by maxchain
    20:52 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hell, if the old Social Links stay intact and the female protagonist has the potential to turn the ladies of SEES gay, I'll buy three copies.

20:56 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If they changed the protagonist to a female one, then shouldn't they change Aegis too? Anyway it still looks awesome, but I hope they will develop a new Persona game for next gen.

13:24 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Note the picture of Aegis. Notice anything... interesting... with the design?