Tales of Vesperia Remade for PS3

tales-of-vesperia-ps3-3

Fans of the beta version of Tales of Vesperia have been howling with rage at the release of the PS3 final version, which now seems to border on a remake.

The changes between the two are even more substantial than previously thought, making this an essential title for RPG fans:

Loli pirate Patty Fleur has been added, and integrated into the story, movies and event scenes.

tales-of-vesperia-ps3-6Flynn can be added to the party more frequently, and take the top slot and change skills.

The entire scenario is now fully voiced.

A large number of new skits have been added, apparently bringing the total to twice what was in the beta version.

With two new characters added the story has been adjusted.

Event camera work has been adjusted.

Event scenes can now be skipped.

Three new dungeons have been added along with an additional above ground area.

New bosses and giant monsters have been added.

New missions, events, secret missions and submissions are confirmed.

Party AI has been enhanced.

New ougi for each character have been added.

OVL gauge can now extend to 5 with unknown effects.

New skills have been added.

A total of 26 new attacks for the various characters have been added.

tales-of-vesperia-ps3-4Bosses can be refought in a practice mode.

Arena party battles have been added.

Attack sounds are enhanced.

New items have been added.

Namco Island has more features.

Smaller gameplay changes too numerous to mention are also added.

New, sexier costumes have been added:

tales-of-vesperia-ps3-5

There is only one month remaining until the game’s PS3 debut; whether this will sell PS3s as the beta sold Xboxes remains to be seen, but with the new PS3 models in the wings it seems possible.

The only possible detraction is the issue of the game’s resolution

OPTPiX Image

Via Hachimaki.

09:43 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I actually bought a PS3 for the sole reason of playing this game.

I'm not sure if I should regret this or not.

10:59 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Rorona is there for you!

10:58 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Regret it cause this is the only game other than metal gear worth playing. Assuming you're japanese and live in a cave, cause this game ain't worth buying a console for.

Comment by InfiniteNine
    22:20 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Buy Valkyria Chronicles and you'll never regret. You you can also play FFXIII on the hardware it was designed for.

09:48 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

One Red Ring to Rule them all

Comment by XSportSeeker
    09:20 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Pirate loli is cute.
    Also: Fuck you fanboys.

Comment by Mario1-7
    07:26 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope this game fails Hard I really do...

Comment by ChaosAngelZero
    07:08 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hoohoo... I hold my position: you Japanese PS3 owners can have your enhanced JRPG in the single least important videogame market (mostly due for being a bunch of small isles whose population is perhaps too fixated with portable non-gaming), 360 owners get essentially better versions of 99% of all multiplatform releases from as low a starting point as half the price of the competition.

So yeah, lol.

Comment by Kaiji
    07:17 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now that my 360 needs to be sent in for repairs, I'm left unable to play my beta version with no money for a PS3 in the off chance it's released over here.

I wish I could at least play my beta...

12:35 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah yeah yeah, 360 sucks blah blah blah. So when can I buy this remake in english?

Comment by RSLAEV
    12:49 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I was full steam behind the 360...then I had 2 of them break...yeah...go go PS3!

13:24 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now the question is, will the PS3 version be released in English?

12:19 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Event scenes can now be skipped."

What this wasn´t present the first time? Isn´t that like a basic function for a game?

16:28 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Vesperia events cannot be skipped.

10:58 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

> Party Arena Mode
    > Boss Fight Practice Mode

These 2 came as a surprise. A very pleasant surprise.

Language is no barrier to me. Once the title comes out and the total extent of the ambiguous upgrades like "plot integration", "enhanced party AI" and "new dungeons/areas" are detailed, I can make a decision as to weather I'll replay this one.

With Dream C Club coming out around that period, they better have put in some good work. I wouldn't mind having my party use mystic artes efficiently or Estell getting a better support AI.

05:50 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

As a 360 owner I'm glad to see that PS3 owners will also be able to enjoy this awesome game.

Comment by Yukikaze
    02:49 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Its sad how everyone gets up and arms over a couple of consoles, i say just build a huge colisium put about a hundred of the uber hardcore ps3 and 360 fans in there give them some weopons (non projectile) and tell them to go kill each other. sell tickets put it on pay per veiw (id pay to watch) and do it every year

Comment by WMD
    04:10 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm pretty sure we could get some NGO to sponsor this thing. We could call it "Darwin Tournament" or something.

Comment by Y10NRDY
    02:55 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah, but are we going to get an English language port?

Comment by kevinayP
    04:50 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nice to see all the upgrades - but didn't I read somewhere before that the Overlimit Gauge can go up to level 6 now instead of level 5? And I wonder what'll they add in Nam Cobanda Island... =/
    Anyways, I'm just glad I didn't buy a XBOX360 and decided to wait for the PS3 - I finished this game on my friend's XBOX360, though. xD

Comment by Riful
    04:45 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No word on a US release huh? That really sucks.

Comment by Chrouya
    03:37 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

PC VERSION WITH MOAR EXTRAS THAN PS3 VERSION, DO IT.

08:53 24/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the 360 is better

04:23 07/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol you weaboos need to stop loving the PS3 just because its japanese. I bet atleast some of your grandads died in ww2 fighting the japs.

01:58 20/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"The only possible detraction is the issue of the game’s resolution…"

That's enough to be a EPIC FAIL.

03:26 20/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Rita cast indignation
    BANG!
    over 9 million DMG
    pure ownage

07:02 07/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I would buy the PS3 version but ive already bought the 360 version when it launched, I want the new content but I dont want to buy thier game for 70 bucks all over again. Maybe I should wait till its bargain binned or used? I mean why should I continue to actively support a company that is willing to screw me over like this.

Comment by Gunes
    12:05 19/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Gotta love Rita's face at the end. -w-

Comment by tyciol
    05:43 01/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This seems worth buying our own PS3s for, or at least a backwards compatible PS4 when it comes out.

16:55 07/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The only reason the 360 has more sales is simply because the console was rushed to get it released a full year before the ps3 in america and 2 years before ps3 in europe. The PS3 has proven to be selling a lot more consoles monthly than the 360, the only place 360 gets more is in america but that is only a small portion of the world, so it's only a matter of time untill the PS3 overtakes the 360 in total sales.

00:01 20/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

story still sucks tho

Comment by EspadaKiller
    19:25 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow that's some really nice updates there, compared to the beta version.

I think Namco Bandai really want this game to sell, i mean look at Eternal Sonata's PS3 version sales, it's crap even though it sold more than the 360. Because of the super late 1 year old port with only extra costumes =/

Guess they learned their lesson :P

Comment by Hyjinx
    16:44 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is gonna release in america right. I love my 360, but PS3 should be RPG king like Sony all ways has been

18:56 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No one can answer that except Namco.

09:01 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

US release w/ dual audio pls!!

Comment by CRAPOLA
    00:06 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

so much ps3 fanboyism here. lets say tales of vesperia came to the ps3 first and then the 360 version came later with a lot of additions. would you have called the ps3 version the beta version?

16:17 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No he wouldn't. Instead the article would read "Traitorous Namco-Bandai ports ps3's best and only jrpg to American scum console. New additions include playing as UGLY and LAME loli pirates, and voice overs of irrelevant scenes.

Original PS3 version still seems superior, despite lack of additions and low resolution. Xbox additions are meaningless.

Death to America! *insert picture of rita being raped*"

01:12 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

tales of Vesperia sucks. and so are both sony and MS.

05:33 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ἀλήθεια

02:24 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Funny how Xbots keep saying Sony fanboys start crap but yet it's an Xbot that posted first instigating this fanboy war going on here.

10:56 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Are you fucking retarded? This entire article was the start of this shit. If Artifact learned how to make unbiased and informative posts, you sony faggots wouldn't be here.

Fact is, the ps3 version was only made to appease the raging japanese xenophobes who would not buy an american made console to play a jrpg on. So 360 was hardly a "beta" because the ps3 was never planned from the get go. The shitty japanese sales was the reason they had to remake it.

Fucking get the company cock out of your ass and use your brain you dumbshit.

Comment by Kai
    06:17 07/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This isn't IGN or gamespot he doesn't need to be unbiased, besides it's your fault for getting worked up over a console.

19:54 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

MUHAHAHAHAH! That was a good one.

02:33 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Umm well no, not really. I don't own ether console. I just love watching the flames fly. And lets face it, This whole topic was nothing but a fanboy shot at the 360.

"Fans of the beta version (the 360 im guessing) of Tales of Vesperia have been howling with rage"

I just fanned the flames thats all. hehehe.

02:47 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Face it, the truth is the Xbox version of Vesperia is a beta - an "incomplete" product they released. Maybe they should release these additional content as DLC on the Marketplace since xbox 360 loyals LOOOVEEE getting DLC and paying for it. They cream their pants at the thought of "exclusive" Fallout3 dlc.

/s

02:51 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes, yes, more more! Release all of your nerdboy hate! It feeds me! Muhahahahaha!

21:24 17/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Game is shit anyway

No amount of crappy loli fanservice can change that fact.

Comment by flaskis
    02:22 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

+3 to that

21:11 17/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

With a wireless adapter and larger hard drive the 360 is the same price as the ps3 and live costs money to use as well. Ive spent more money and headache on my 360 than my ps3.

Comment by Trepiz
    21:14 17/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hmm actually might be worth picking it up even after 100% completion of the 360 version. skipping scenes will be great holding X+A on 2nd plays probably added up to hours.