“The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya” Arc Airs

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_01

The latest episode of Haruhi brings the start of a new and much anticipated arc, The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya / 涼宮ハルヒの溜息 (- no Tameiki), originally expected by many to air much earlier in the second season’s schedule until the looping of the Endless Eight became evident.

The episode is clearly marked as “Part I”, so a continuation is obvious, putting into some confusion where exactly the few unaired episodes from the first season will be shown in the reportedly 28-episode long broadcast.

Aside from the obvious fan relief to see another multi-part arc commence, sharp eyed 2ch-goers did note one likely in–studio reference from KyoAni: these seemingly Mio and Yui lookalikes in the train near the end of the episode:

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_02

Many comments regarding the significant resemblance between the character designs used for the new Haruhi episodes and that used for K-ON! are also circling about, perhaps making this cameo all the more fitting.

Some other screencaps from the episode:

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_03

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_04

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_05

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_06

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_07

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_08

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_09

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_10

haruhi_no_tameiki_episode20_11

Comment by kornpone
    22:51 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hankyu! Kewl.

Comment by kornpone
    23:11 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

For the uninitiated:

Comment by Too Lazy to log in
    23:05 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I, for one, enjoyed Endless Eight. After that arc, I really started respecting KyoAni more. I think Endless Eight proved that KyoAni aren't just doing whatever their fans ask. And that they value being artistic over being rich. Things like Endless Eight is what a show like Haruhi is really all about, really, only the people who started watching it just because everyone else did won't get that.

Anime fans act like they are so damn full of love and respect for their shows their creators. But things like Endless Eight prove just how full of shit they really are. I thought that the arc was an unique experience, and that it was a very brave move for any animation studio to do. The people who didn't enjoy or understand Endless Eight weren't the ones who enjoyed the first season of Haruhi for the right reasons.

I haven't seen the new episode yet, but I'm really looking forward to the new arc. I didn't like Haruhi that much BEFORE Endless Eight, honestly, but now I'm really loving it. So all you EE-haters, get out of this fandom quick so that I can have all of this entertaining show all for myself. <3

About the animation, I can't say that "I hate it" or that "it's bad", but... I saw the leaning towards the K-On! style from episode one of the new season. It's "different", and I don't know if I think this kind of style suits Haruhi the way it did K-On!, but as long as the animation flow and details are good I can't really find a good reason to complain.

Comment by Forlourned
    22:03 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The animator of all those hands is still amazing.. but... The faces.

Wow. This isn't the first season by far; what with the spec sheets being utterly ignored in many shots of Haruhi. Since this is the newest episode of the show, I actually watched it thru to.. the... end.....- No I lied!

I lied! I dozed off halfway thru~ I look at those pictures but don't remember nearly half of them! The carter malaise of '~Haruhi' still exists!!!

I am going to drink some More coffee, wait till the afternoon. and Watch. This. Episode.

But back to the first paragraph: Maybe it really means that most of the original animation crew who worked on the first one are not working for kyu-tard.

Outside of that astounding hand animation, the rest -Haruhi the most glaring- is somewhat less then the past.

Comment by Niker
    20:17 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Endless Hate has pretty much turned me totally off...

I got the light novels, so I might as well just read them and get over with the story.

KyoAni.. I'm dissapointed in you.

Kanon, Clannad, Afterstory, Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya 1st season... K-On.

And now, you think that you'll still have HUGE audiences...?

Cheers;
    Nick

Comment by Naked Snake
    17:46 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Haruhi FUCKING SUCKS! I say Mikuru sends them all back to the morning of August 6th ,1945 and watch the beautiful Fiyawerks!!!!!!!! EVERYONE WINS OOHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

17:50 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

except for you.

Comment by Naked Snake
    07:15 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I wasn't born in japan , so I do win dipshit.

Comment by sky173t
    02:19 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

U realize that wouldnt end well for anyone.
    Haruhi:What was that? Where are Mikuru, Koizumi, and Kyon?
    Yuki:They died.
    Haruhi:I will make whoever killed them pay. Wiat, why are u still alive Yuki?
    Soldier:Those clothes violate the Bushido code, u will be executed for treason.(fires his gun)
    Haruhi(stops bullet):What? I can do that? Now I will destroy u all for hurting my brigade members.
    Gods second coming, a hundred years early.

Comment by Naked Snake
    12:21 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1. She's not god. 2. They all be destroyed in a nuclear blast and if they lived they be irradiated 3. She can't change the past dumbass , if she did she probably wouldn't exist.

Comment by Naked Snake
    18:30 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

obviously you're a fucking loser if you go so in depth of a retarded ass anime. And none can be god because japs originally worshipped many gods,cause they're freaks

Comment by ganyks
    02:45 16/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Technically, based on the information we have so far, any one of the characters could be god, but the general assumption in discussions unless stated otherwise is that Haruhi is god. And one of them must be god considering that the world, including Haruhi and the IDE, was totally rewritten in Disappearance. Also the reason Mikuru's faction showed interest in Haruhi in the first place is because they were unable to travel back to before Haruhi's data explosion so 1945 does not exist in that universe. And even if Haruhi somehow died Yuki still wouldnt be affected at all. According to Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya she can block anything from lasers to mini-black holes with minimal damage so a pre-fusion power A-bomb wounldnt do much.

Comment by MechaTama31
    02:57 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Except Kyon is god, not Haruhi. :P

Comment by momoのキラー
    17:49 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

post test under way

17:00 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sigh... i hope this can repair damage done by endless boredom...

Comment by Exitium
    17:03 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The endless eight is finally over? I...I feel so at peace now.

Comment by DuDuL
    19:38 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

2nd line / 1st picture...

These two girls resemble me of Azu-Nyan and Ritsu a little

Comment by Lucy_Nyuu
    19:22 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol... finally... i´ve got pretty high hopes for this arc^^

DO WANT!

Comment by Rick
    01:26 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

After reading the novels, I can guarantee that Sighs is an awesome arc. Lots of weird things going on. Oh - and don't forget the talking cat.

19:11 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

New animation is a lot more detailed and better looking if you ask me. Look at the old and new side by side and the difference is pretty clear.

18:22 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now it would be interesting if the rest of the eps being aired are all new ones, and they don't actually bother finish re-airing the first season in between, just to make things more confusing

Comment by DieHardjagged
    23:14 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

..lmao, the last picture got me, where shes carrying a Desert Eagle.

Comment by Naked Snake
    12:28 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That's not a Desert Eagle it's replica toy,cause Japan sucks . Can't own or sell guns there , instead you can buy BB & Air Soft WOOPTY FUCKING DOO!!

Comment by Metalbunny
    14:54 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

MAKE THE EPS COME FASTER KYO ANI!! hell you had wasted 2 eps..you should have had the time to create more eps...

15:14 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oh man sooo many haters. i thought this episode was great. i lol'd so much, especially over everyones assignments for the movie xD.

14:47 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The amount of QUALITY in this episode is horrible. KyoAni must of run out of money making the endless eight arc.

12:26 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I like how the screenshots make it look indistinguishable from any other episode.

23:19 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

2010 haruhi calendar: the same picture for 8 months.

11:32 20/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What? No more Endless Eight?? :(

04:32 18/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

where is Tsuruya-san?

Comment by Sora14kingdom
    23:43 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

in the 10th image... The fourth square... ¿k-on? XD

23:26 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Make Haruhi looks like Haruhi. NOT YUI!!!

Comment by The_Real_TRUE_GOD
    08:35 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They already destroyed this thing, so NO THANKS!

Comment by knuclear200x
    08:52 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

...the characters look less cute than last season...

Comment by SenseiSyaoranLi
    07:46 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hell yeah, more haruhi.....not endless eight

Comment by Heavy_Gear
    07:45 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Haruhi's face looks extra retarded.

16:29 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Geesh, for the luv of otakus, there's nothing for the series anymore, the story's just that and that's it.

Comment by MeidoNiac
    13:31 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Itsuki's face in pic no.5 started to show some sign of QUALITY..

Comment by Awesome Kong
    14:00 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

And your comment here shows a sign of retardedness.

Comment by MeidoNiac
    17:13 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Stop attempting to start a flame war with your random trolling and go back to bed, Little Jim.

Comment by Random Basher Fag
    20:24 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Awesome Kong is not awesome. At all.

11:46 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

samefag^

Comment by Jimmy Yang Wang
    23:18 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

MeidoNiac, go suck a elephants cock bitch

Comment by Emphraim
    14:06 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That Itsuki pic makes me blood boil.I hate the new art style and that picture makes it blatantly obvious that it's not the same awesome style from season 1.

Comment by Soljashy
    15:25 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I thought it looked rather good, actually. On that pic, mind you, I'm not watching season 2.

Comment by AKA-nator
    13:33 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

TOTALLY NOT MAI YUI AND MIO. Their skirts are different colors, and the hair lengths are also too short - Yui's hair comes a little more past her neck, and Mio's hair is waaaaay longer. Their heights are also wrong (but then again, knowing Kyoto Animation and that last fiasco with the album and perspective...).

But if it really was Yui and Mio, I'm a little mad. I support more Ritsu x Mio...

Comment by notme
    14:06 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They look nothing like mio, and man, what happened to kyoani ? they really dont care about haruhi, this episode looks like it was animated by trainees. Substandart animation, inconcistente character design, and none of the features from kyoani previous animation, gonne is the hair detail of mikuru and haruhi.

Comment by giascle
    13:17 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the hell

doesn't look like them at all

Comment by Aero
    15:46 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You need to be a little bit more creative to spot them I guess.
    I can make them out.

Comment by Ryoko
    12:53 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

IMO, the new art style SUCKS. Bring back the old one, KyoAni!

Comment by Emphraim
    14:04 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah the new art style does suk. Nagato especially looks weird. Haruhi reminds me too much of Yui for some reason. Bring back the old style!

Comment by marids
    16:09 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hell yes, the old style was much better. haruhi is now a bit ugly whenever she does an expression... stupid kyoani and their money-saving scheme to simply use the K-ON artists.

Comment by CowExtract
    14:35 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I never lreally noticed till you said that, but you're right. She is rather Yui-ish. (How observant I are...)

12:59 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think the only real difference is how Haruhi looks in these new episodes. IMO, the others still look the same.

13:00 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

New style? When did it ever change?

13:02 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Haven't you noticed how different Haruhi looks in this season compared to the 2006 season?