Xbox 360 On Demand Japan vs US: Oppai Demanded

xbox-on-demand-us-vs-japan

The most popular “On Demand” Xbox Live Marketplace games for Japan and “overseas” (the US) are compared above.

Naturally, the most popular Xbox titles in the US are the manly console FPSes the platform excels at (having, some would say, stolen them all from the PC), whilst in Japan they are idol molesting oppai groping simulators

Comment by teriases
    12:35 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You all are really missing the point here.

I was actually really upset about something like this a while ago - it was actually about the PSN.

Compare US PSN with JP PSN, JP PSN has so much more games for DL... While the US PSN are filled with uninteresting titles.

But I guess it all comes down to the society we live in. Here in NA, we are living in a cocoon of protection(anti-loli, anti-violence, etc etc etc etc etc etc).

Hence why these games will never see light here in NA, and why here in NA we will forever be stuck with boring titles....

Comment by goodyfun
    17:26 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Take that, FPSes!* Moe wiiiiiiiiinns! :D

* I find them boring but am not wanting to start a flame war or anything...

Comment by EspadaKiller
    15:30 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

haha i loled :P

Comment by PunchMyballs
    04:34 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i only play violent games for practice, so when i visit
    other countries i don't get killed by a loose bullet or an exploding bomb

20:07 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It fills me with so much fucking rage that you can't download IM@S outside of Japan, even if you have a jap account & points. It still does a region check based on your IP. GOD DAMN FUCKING NIPS DESERVE ANOTHER A-BOMBING.

02:01 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

if you bomb them, be reminded that you also bomb your IM@S fetish as well

Comment by Schrodinger
    01:16 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So, I don't know if anyone has tried this or not but...

I have a US 360. I also have a gold JP account card (the 1 month free trial). What I want to know is if I can buy the Idolm@sters off the JP XBL and download it onto my 360's HDD, and be able to play it.

I know that the actual retail Idolm@sters game disc is region locked (curse you Namco for that move) but I don't feel like importing a 360 for just 1 game.

19:12 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I see two IdolMaster games and the rest are western stile. And really, Bullet Witch, Chrome Hounds!? If you ask me the Japanese are more into mediocre titles.

11:05 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Americans play games for fun, Japanese play games for sex appeal.

08:54 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japanese men won't even talk to women. These games are a form of escapism.

Comment by MeidoNiac
    22:11 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, sex appeal IS fun.

Comment by Sabre|X
    11:13 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why not have a game that has both, like what GTA: San Andreas (PC) have?

Wait a minute, this is for 360 we're talking about...fuck, no love for Sony?

11:31 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Americans play games to boost their egos ("pwning" other kids online) and to feel "mature" (non-cartoony graphics with blood and violence). Pwning at games like Halo is serious business, not fun.

12:14 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

^
    +1 for truth

16:48 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

How would it be embarrassing to be called by a racial slur?...embarrassing, more like uncalled for however that should irritate you to the point of pwning the opposing person and feeling ultimate relief.

As someone that plays plenty of FPS games it's not only due to da gunz, but in my experiences FPS games tend to have a better story line (haha..like WoW has a great story...SURE IT DOES) Like Half Life, Bioshock, and Halo (I wish to read the novels sometime as the first game had a great original story and it's a lot going on in the halo universe.) but also the cinematic that come from an FPS. Strafing while shooting then being jumped by a dinosaur in Turok is something that not many games can pull off, or seeing a character that the game has made you attached to be shot right in front of you. Game play requires you to prioritize or die and you get to feel, not like the character, but like you are right there feeling the same things they are. Plus I think it takes a pretty good mind to read an enemy (multilayer, something like Counterstrike or Combat Arms) track their movements, know when to reload etc etc etc.

While I realize just how many idiots play a game only to shoot, I know there are a few people out there like me that appreciated something like Mirror's Edge opening more up to the first person genre.

Oh, and when I outsmart someone it really does feel good...because they cannot think ahead as far as you can and then being called a hacker...the 'this guy is an idiot' is win imo.

Comment by Rincewind
    18:47 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Cute lies! Like, I play Rapelay for the story and Rapelay takes a pretty good ming to think the better approach to family raep. :D

12:25 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

^
    +10,000,000,000 for truth

When I used to play online with my xbox360 I always leave the mute button on so I don't have to hear the players bickering, the cussing and the racial slurs that spawns during gameplay. I'm african-american and it really gets on my nerves alot because it's embarrassing to play against certain people (Example: Halo 3 & Gears of War).

12:30 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

As an Asian, I only play FPS games for fun and not to boost my ego by pwning 'noobs'. Pretty sums up for cultural differences, eh?

11:08 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japan > US

always

Comment by Sorrior
    11:24 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

QFT als+10000000000000000000000

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    11:04 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Heh all those games in the USA games on demand are on pc...

Comment by Endeavor
    11:33 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Right, that's why with a pc you can have games from both sides, pretty convenient... at least for me

16:36 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I bet your keyboard is sticky EWWWW

Comment by Endeavor
    08:10 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not really, as I've overcome many problems regarding my pc... For games I have a gamepad, plus I am careful enough not to ruin something so precious to me.

One more thing: I'd like to know if you are a girl, cause I could say the same to you if you are visiting this page and were a guy...

10:54 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Xbox is for killing things, PC is for boobies get it right Japan...

Wait, PC is better for boobies AND killing things... Why do I even own an Xbox... Damn it...

10:59 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That is because those games aren't even released on the US or for anyone outside japan.

16:35 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They DO need all the breasts they can get in Japan eh?

12:03 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

rainbow six is surprisingly popular in japan?
    or maybe there is a huge gap between number 1 and 2 and the rest?

16:50 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The same people that would like Rainbow Six would like bewbs more. >_>

Comment by maxchain
    11:36 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Idol... molesting?! Anybody who tries to cop a feel off of Makoto answers to me.

17:25 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I pai-touched her all the time. You have to get in line. You see, she's my waifu and she likes it.

11:28 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japanese people like Bullet Witch? Seriously?

Comment by Elle Lowel
    10:53 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I support the demand.. not all americans are violence junkies.. I too wanna see boobage and love love games. It's kinda like they want this nation to be fed violence and destruction.. I want to play those two games in the front on the japanese market!

16:35 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japan wants to raise perverts and America wants to raise soldiers (and the occasional...well, dominant* fucktard)

17:58 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"America wants to raise persons having a frenzy of shooting people at schools." -- Fixed

Comment by Sorrior
    11:23 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Here here down with the halos of the world. Give me sex games and JRPGS who needs violence when you can gets and/or story. vBTW only reason i own an 360 is due to RPGS i do have a ps3.

10:33 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What's the third game in the Japan list? I would really like to know.

Comment by Tenchi
    10:35 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bullet Witch

CRAPY GAME

Comment by hALOTOO
    18:00 16/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

He is telling the truth people,if it only had lock on system it would had been a bit fun

Comment by Kamanashi
    13:35 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Luckily I never played it.

Comment by Techeese
    10:27 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

(^w^)
    US like's killing and blowing stuff up
    While Japan likes groping stuff and molesting stuff

lol

11:00 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What do you expect of Americans who spawn school-shooting incidents because they love violent games lol.

10:32 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fatty. Anyways, the US is more inclined to violence while Japan is more inclined to sex.

08:33 15/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually the japs are less inclined to do either of those things. That's what makes them so pathetic. Capitalism has neutered their culture.

Comment by KamiOkurimono
    10:52 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Funny, one would think that would translate to a higher birthrate in Japan, just like the corresponding higher violence and war rate in US.

16:30 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

DEATH PANEL: Final Solution

"In a world where the old are no longer useful...there is but one solution. *gory cutscene in ratchet and clank like animation* Help grandma cross the street...for the last time.

STAB the grandparents, RUN OVER the babies, Smash the veterans....own the world"

*announcer/360 sound* "Coming to 360 in December!"

Sounds like an awesome game, who else wants to play?

Comment by PunchMyballs
    04:30 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yes and leave a world full of young strong people, that don't have half a brain and enp uo killing each other for survival in a week, and thus humanity dissapears once and fore all leaving the world as it should free of the human pest

Comment by Kamanashi
    13:34 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, they do. Saddens me too since I have had family members in older wars and friends in the Iraq war.

12:27 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"corresponding higher violence and war death rate among US soldiers since the Iraq War."

Fix'd.

Americans sure love waging war against other countries, don't they? :D

12:20 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ouch!^^

Comment by Cloudberry
    10:50 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

However, Americans can also enjoy their favorite brand of sexy violence in games like [Insert Favorite Fighting Game Here], [Weak God of War Clone With Boobies], and [Game Where Generic Female Protagonist Packs Two Pistols or One Huge Gun]. The Japanese can try to make a game full of violent sex and subsequently get a legion of gung ho moral crusaders hounding them into oblivion.

10:48 13/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't think you know what you're talking about.