PS3 vs Xbox 360: Vesperia vs Magna Carta II

rita-mordio-official-oshiri

The full release of Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 is being greeted with enthusiasm by fans, and the impressive new HD trailer below shows why.

However, Xbox 360 followers are not to be outdone, and point to the release of Korean made RPG Magna Carta II as an entirely new AAA title for the console – more detail is also included below.

Patty’s addition seems to mean those who have played the previous beta version will have no option but to try the full version…

patty-trap

Magna Carta II is also being feted as a hit Xbox 360 exclusive, with stunning store demos showing it off in all its glory:

magna-carta-ii-stunning-demo

Via Ore-teki.

Comment by RiderFan
    13:17 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

With the technology of today, there could be a 2D top-down rpg in the same style as Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana with hundreds of areas and levels to explore... But so far none have been made.

13:44 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

my dog just farted

Comment by Struth
    12:06 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Magna Carta + AAA = does not compute.

12:47 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Magna Carta + AAA Batteries = possible.

11:13 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Its hard to replay a title for a few extras. I'm hoping those extras will be really good. There's so much new stuff coming out regularly after all.

A dual voice track will go a long way to tempt me. But an extra character and a handful of event scenes will not. A dual language text system (whereby japanese and english text are switchable) will have me on preorder immediately.

I honestly know very little about magna carte 2, i'll prolly have to find out more when its coming out. For the moment, Miku and Rorona are keeping me busy. Even if Vesperia reappeared i doubt i'd bother with it.

11:04 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Been there, played that. Time to move on... If only there was a decent game to play...

Comment by Kamanashi
    11:22 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

BlazBlue, nuff said.

Comment by ajnac
    10:51 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hmmmm, might check on this one. thanks. :)

Comment by Kaiji
    11:27 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

>>Rita with Indignation
    I play as Rita every damn battle, and now they want me to get $600 to mix Indignation in with my overlimit Meteor Storm spam? GODDAMMIT, JAPAN. I DO NOT WANT TO WORK MYSELF INTO HEART FAILURE BECAUSE OF MY NEED TO USE INDIGNATION ON EVERY SINGLE ENEMY.

12:57 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I find 10 fireballs the most effective spell out there. The multi-hits disrupt enemy movement/attacks and charge up the fatal slash easily.

I found using the Level 1 overlimits help me gain control over the battlefield since I can lock the enemy in place for the rest of the party to pummel.

Comment by Kaiji
    08:35 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I prefer to use a single meteor storm while the rest of my party attacks them head-on. For bosses, I turn on level 1 OL and spam meteor storm, occasionally using a pineapple gel to heal up. The only problem I run into is my 360 slowing to a crawl, and one day it'll probably crash...

08:16 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Rita + Indignation?

MIND = BLOWN

Lets just hope they bring it to the states....
    wait, what the hell am I saying? I don't have a ps3.
    Well back to playing the beta version. T_T

Comment by Zero
    05:16 10/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

New scan released today!

new swim wear! ;P

Comment by Booger
    05:02 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I am going to get a PS3 as soon as the 45nm Cell processors are out + price drop (should be later this year).

And the only reasons are because of a few exclusive games which actually don't need the PS3's power. Had they gone to another console or even a handheld I would have gotten that instead.

I would finally be entering the seventh console generation, but I'll still be using an SDTV for some time.

So basically my decisions have been made by prioritizing which exclusives are must-haves for me, then get the console that has those exclusives.

15:28 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd still be playing Vesperia if I wasn't a complete fucking idiot. I tried to stand the console on it's side while I was playing....SHIT!!! D:

Comment by Kaiji
    08:37 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I nearly always play with mine standing up, since I don't have much space. Despite my meteor storm spam, it still hasn't crashed. Maybe I'm lucky.

Comment by N.R.
    21:01 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I had a friend who had the same accident. His was a GTA 4 disc. He sent the game back to the game company (not to Microsoft) and they replaced it for free. BTW don't ask the impossible of your xbox 360. Asking the xbox 360 the stand like any other console made in the last 10 years is asking for too much...

07:13 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, I think the reason I was trying to stand it up is because I noticed that the green lights on the ring turned based on which way it's turned....But if Namco would replace it, I might even forgive them for not having the PS3 content as XBL content....(A bit extreme, but I just want my game back...D:)

Comment by N.R.
    14:53 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL on 2:00 she looks just like Megurine Luka! I guess she is just another Tear clone. In the past I though the tales series will someday become a rival to Final Fantasy but the difference in graphics just keeps on widening. This looks like a PS2 game in HD...but I will buy it anyway :)

15:31 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't really think they're gonna get any more realistic than the little CG cutscenes from Tales of Hearts. Otherwise, they're in completely different fields as far as animation. Trying to compare them is like trying to compare live action with anime, (graphic-wise.)

18:37 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

... Am I the only one less concerned with the whole ps3/360 thing (seriously, does anyone really believe Micro$oft is going to pass up this chance for a DLC?) and more concerned with the source for the Rita scan?

Comment by Artefact

It was published in Famitsu and appears to have been cleaned up from there.

21:03 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmm, so no web source. Darn, finally thought I had found a link to renders of the game images.

Comment by Celestz
    00:32 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol PS3 Got owned again. XD

15:05 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm sure it won't get owned by a lot of people until they get off thier high jackasses, lower the price and bring back PS2 compatibility. XD

15:05 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Or in other words, later this year.

00:18 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

so everyone has a new hi ougi huh

05:04 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Something tells me the story of Magna Carta I and II have absolutely nothing to do with the Magna Carta of 1215 or its contents.

05:14 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Something tells me you're probably right.

Comment by Kamanashi
    11:19 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Something tells me you're both right.

05:04 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow, the trailer really does beautiful.

Comment by thegirlguywhosaysheisagirl
    05:02 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That's sad yet another great game will not get its due. When will these companies trying for 360 exclusives realize that the majority of the rpg fans are actually ps3 or ps2 owners? The majority of the 360 groupies do nothing more than simply play shooters or sports games. The real fans of rpg games tend to be the ps2/ps3 owners. I do believe these companies are losing money by only offering exclusives. When will these game companies finally wake up and realize that they can make more of a profit selling to both parties. Although it is interesting to note that this news of "exclusiveness" is rather worthless because it is well known games on the ps3 take longer to be made. In the end we'll just have to wait and see.

15:50 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It'll probably happen when the PS3 starts to move consoles. As it is, the 360 is outselling the PS3 in two out of the three major markets. Until that changes, don't be shocked if major RPGs continue to pop up on the 360

Comment by Riful
    05:50 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Microsoft probably shovels enough money down their throats to make up for any lost sales for a short while. They don't realize it until later. Then they come out with the ps3 version.

The other side (and worst side) is when a title comes out for both systems at the same time but then microsoft buys out the rights to all the DLC. Fallout 3 is like this. There is pretty much no reason to own the ps3 version. Pretty detestable.

Comment by Kamanashi
    06:09 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, Fallout 3 didn't have the DLC because of problems. Though, now the DLC is coming to the PS3 soon. Also, the reason they go to 360 a lot is because more people own a 360. So, using the MS giving money thing isn't gonna work since it isn't true for all games. Though, I still get most of my RPGs for Playstation consoles anyways.

Comment by anon
    05:12 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

someone get me a ps3 and I will teach them how to get chicks

Comment by Lunar
    05:26 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i have a feeling that magna carta 2 will come out on the ps3 maybe like couple years later after its release date... but again im still hoping for star ocean 4 to come on to the ps3.

Comment by Forlourned
    09:05 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

And if they do, I hope that the company gets its ass out of its head and offers the choice of ANIME character models and Japanese language! FIFTY fricking GIGS of space gives no company any damn excuse for the lack there of for Space on the disc!!!

Tales of Vesperia probably has only what it had from the 360 plus a few costumes and character add-ons...
    In respect to the latter system, it looks no different from it if you have a HDMI cable -the difference in looks are too subtle for me.

Why didn't they at least add more DIALOG for the FIFTY GIG disc?! I know they could not afford a complete graphics change, but it won't hurt them to add more talking.

Comment by Struth
    12:10 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The PS3 version does have more voice-acted dialog.

Comment by Riful
    04:52 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow the ps3 version even looks better. I'll be really disappointed if this doesn't make it to the U.S. as well. I would have no problem playing through it again because it really was a lot of fun and a true pleasure to look at.

Comment by Kamanashi
    04:57 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It looked about the same to me. Though, the last time I played vesperia was about a year ago, so I could be wrong. Either way, I'm hoping for a US release of the PS3 version since there is some added stuff.

04:10 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Artefact, good old butthurt sony fanboy.

04:55 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Man, calm.
    Trolling is just one of Sankaku Complex's marketing strategies. They don't meant to be serious...Don't you think all these posts worth some good laughs?

Comment by Artefact

When a news site does it, it is called "stimulating debate" or some such. Nothing like what you said, at all. Because we do it, not you.

Comment by kebrus
    13:56 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah his articles were a lot better in 08, hes just craving for more attention

understandable if you consider the money he is making

14:10 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

To be frank, I don't think many people love this dude anymore...but still, we enjoy seeing the frequent sarcasms and flamings here. It's just so entertaining seeing you guys bashing around man.

Comment by Atsuke
    11:22 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol owned 8D

Comment by h8GWB
    14:31 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Who here isn't into "stimulating 'debating"?

wait

*facepalm*

05:31 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

When it's well done, it's a stimulating debate, but sometimes when things go wrong, it degenerates into trolling...Anyway, I do not mean it negatively. It creates a common phenomenon that people argue here (in other way brings up further discussions), and I think this is a great way to increase flow and popularity.

Come on, Artefact...You know most of us love you.

Comment by NonAnon
    05:35 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I dont love him, *used* to, when he was actually making good articles back in 2008

Comment by ManaYagami
    09:49 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

But you are still here.

Comment by philemon
    06:07 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Seconded '>.>