Louis Vuitton USB Memory, 4GB = $500

damiergraphiteusbkey

Pricey French fashion brand Louis Vuitton has long held sway as the most popular status fashion accessory amongst Japanese fashionistas, with its purchase the key to unlocking the heart (and legs) of many an avaricious maiden.

Thus it will come as a relief to more technologically minded fashion followers to learn that USB memory is now available from the label, though at quite a price…

lv-usb-key

louis-vuitton-insignia

The “iconic” Louis Vuitton Damier Graphite is an other standard 4GB USB memory stick in a shiny casing, and is available now.

Since Japanese apparently love Louis Vuitton to the point of profligacy, they are offered a price of $515, whilst the rest of the world gets a merely exorbitant $450 pricetag… By comparison, a stick fit for a peon might be shy of $20.

Via Itai News.

Comment by ashiguru
    15:24 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

for 450 bucks you think they would of made a 16gb flash drive

Comment by TsundereWorks
    14:27 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is so a rip-off.

You would have to one of the world's biggest idiots to buy a 4 GB cheese grater... honestly.

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    14:32 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

wtf only 4GB? Mine looks twice as good, and its 8GB

Plus it only cost me $5 >__>||

Comment by maru
    17:21 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

>with its purchase the key to unlocking the heart (and legs) of many an avaricious maiden.

Gotta love your writing style Artefact.

Comment by Tommy
    17:34 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Come on! 500USD USB with a shinny cover and some one name one on it? Not worth it! Who would go such length to buy it?

Comment by ATMalicious
    17:04 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I want one it goes with my LV wallet =) def a cop when it drops, shit if you want something and you got the money why not?

17:38 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The way I see it, even if I was the richest person in the world I wouldn't throw away my money on something useless. Some people don't like the "but people are starving over there" argument, but that's the way I feel about it. Do the creators of this thing really deserve it or are they just being unreasonable to make a load of unwarranted bucks? I'm sure there's something out there that looks similar or may even look better to you in some way that would be much more reasonably priced, and maybe even more functional and of better quality. People need to shop around and use their brains more, and take more things into consideration. I'd sooner give some money to those nice hand-made bead chain things that poor folk sell on the streets than some cold and overpriced shit like this if I want to stick something to my wallet.

Comment by ATMalicious
    01:45 30/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well I do try and donate whenever I can and give when I go to church during the collection, but I work for my money now and I like stuff like this im a sucker for limited stuff like sneakers(mainly Nike SB), wallets, fits, shirts, pants, and whatever else catches my eye. Idk if the people that makes these are just trying to make some money but I have a passion for fashion, and i'll probably get this later on when it goes on sale its kinda the smarter thing to do LOL and I usually know when stuff goes on sale cuz my cousin used to work at the LV in SF and still has friends that work there so I can probably get it with the employee 60%-60% off end of the year discount, he told me that they have massive sales for employees then they send stuff back to Paris and burn them so they stay limited. But anyway I see all these peoples points on how expensive it is but if you think about its kind of like just buying a really expensive anime figure of a girl posing people will drop $500+ for a figure and i'll drop $500+ for a sneaker thats kind of the way I see it and I do try to give when I can so yeahhhh...

Comment by ATMalicious
    01:46 30/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

60%-80%*

16:57 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd be amazed, but I've seen the Twilight USB:

Comment by Shimu
    16:23 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Amusing, many of you might be hypocrites. Put Mio's face on it and it wouldn't be so stupid.

Comment by TsundereWorks
    18:12 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ugh, Mio's face... No thanks.

16:44 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why do I find more proof every day that women are stupider than I think rather than proof of the contrary?

Actually, replace "women" with "people"... but mostly women... actually "girls" is more accurate.

But hey I love women (yeah 3D women), I just wish I didn't have to have this cynicism.

Comment by RyoBase
    12:33 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

rather buy a 4gb from kingston.

12:19 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I wonder which company is providing the flash drives for Louis Vuitton to jewel up. OCZ? Crucial? Corsair? SanDisk? Kingston? Hewlett Packard? I wonder which computer hardware company they consider to be the "Louis Vuitton" of the memory market.

13:01 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

........I'm pretty sure if you carve off the "Louis Vuitton Paris" part you could just get the thing for like 10 bucks....>.>.....or just get the case for like 10 bucks and carve "Louis Vuitton Paris" on it.

14:13 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd rather have a Louise Françoise de la Baume le Blanc de la Vallière USB stick

14:27 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL. Do want, too. :D

02:33 30/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That'll be $500 for a 4GB stick.

13:53 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks like you can grind cheese with it o_O

Comment by Reclusoul
    13:26 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

USB memorys attract virus, troyans, malware and many more. $500 for a virus container of 4gb, what a idiot idea.

Comment by hALOTOO
    15:58 30/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

500 for 4GB USB memory,it better be made out of gold

07:07 30/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That thing better cook me dinner for that price.

00:14 07/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Like everything else made by Louis Vitton, it's ugly, and opening a girl's legs would be the only reason I part with that much money for such crap (although I suspect there are some I could just as easily give the money to directly). I've much cooler looking USB sticks for the $20 price that is typical.

Comment by kajunbowser
    11:23 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

For $500:
    4TB=win
    4GB=epic fail

Comment by h8GWB
    14:11 02/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Considering that USB drives are theft prone already (why, I'll never know), that thing is just asking to be stolen.

Comment by Vanadis
    Comment by knee_san
    05:33 30/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nice..very nice.. but too much for a usb stick

China i will wait for you >__<

Comment by knee_san
    Comment by Celestz
    22:38 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

$500 for a 4GB USB Stick? I'd Hather buy a 2.5" Hard Disk than that.

Comment by shalala
    18:19 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It looks good but i can get one cheaper but not as good looking as that one.

02:11 30/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

guys, 2% population of this world control %50 wealth of it

08:50 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Countdown to Chinese knockoff...

3...

2...

1...

Comment by Athrun
    10:35 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Mmmm

Sweet and Sour Pork with steamed rice by Louis Vuitton. LV's next frontier: fashionable food.

09:20 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Done!

09:38 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

pure genius!!!!

Comment by paul
    08:50 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

besides the lv wallet i dont really like lv that much

Comment by Buri
    08:52 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You can get a microSDHC 4GB for 5-10USD. 16GB can go as low as 25USD. These things are the size of your fingertip btw. USB reader commonly included. Flash drives are about the same price.

Comment by abort-retry-fail
    09:00 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Selling high-priced versions of something you get cheap (especially during a nasty recession period) is the top of mental retardation...

Comment by glottis
    09:16 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

and yet they're making a huge profit out of it..

09:04 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If they're so good with technology,

Just pimp up something that holds several terabytes. You'll get people buying that.

08:52 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Holy crap, 500 dollars for a usb stick? It's like buying a Mac for gaming.

Comment by pluki7
    14:43 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I didn't buy my Mac for gaming, but I do play games on my Mac.

08:38 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You would have to be buttfucking retarded to buy one of these.

Comment by glottis
    08:43 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

does millionaires even NEED usb flash disks? I've always thought they have a backup copy of the internet on their super-juiced-up-macbook air of theirs..

08:54 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Haha good one.

Comment by basilio
    08:15 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

With that you can get like... 5 x 32GB normal thumb drives.

Comment by tagno25
    14:00 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

or 5 X 1TB USB HDD

That is 14285 half hour episodes at 350MB each.
    Which almost a year (297.6 days) solid of anime

Comment by Zearth
    08:19 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That is... 920 episodes of anime (with 178MB per ep)

Comment by Toiski
    08:53 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Most stuff comes in 320-350MB mkv files now, though.

Comment by CS
    05:42 30/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Aside from the ones I go out of my way to seek DVD rips for [read: Strike Witches, probably Saki], the ones I get are solid/moderate quality compressed to 50~60 MB files. Delicious.

Comment by Kortaku
    08:37 29/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just get like 5-6 Terabyte External harddrives...

Bigger yes, but infinite memory.

Comment by CS
    05:46 30/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yummy.

Flash drives, etc.: $-per-GB.
    XHDs: GB-per-$.

On the other hand, sticks are USB-powered and don't need an external source. They also fit in a pocket. Convenience comes at a price, perhaps.