A survey of what sort of behaviour Japanese men find most intolerable from their female companions whilst on a date presents some interesting, if not entirely unexpected, findings.
The results of the online survey, with men being asked to rate what behaviour from a woman they find most likely to ruin a date:
1. Expect to be treated as a matter of course.
2. Take a haughty attitude to waiters.
3. Do nothing but check for mail.
4. Get unhappy just because it is crowded.
5. Want to do something else.
6. Keep looking at other members of the opposite sex.
7. Complain about being tired or having sore feet.
8. Make a racket with ringtone after ringtone.
9. Take the attitude that a treat was a right.
10. Make no effort to make conversation.
These of course seem quite universal concerns, just as was the case with the surefire ways of provoking a Japanese woman’s ire…