Newlywed Wife Sells Husband’s PS3 for Fun

scheming-wife

The tale of a newly wedded husband whose wife secretly sold his PS3 and games to watch his shocked reaction when she told him has given rise to a storm of outrage, with thousands uniting in disgusted condemnation of the deed.

The story concerns a man who was something of a gamer and happily enjoying Winning Eleven on his PS3, and his wife who was not apparently pleased with this state of affairs.

The man’s wife, who wasn’t comfortable with her husband’s gaming, decided to take things a step further however, and in the continuing festivities the day after the groom was reduced to stunned silence on seeing the actual sale price of his beloved console and games come up on the screen, to peals of laughter from the crowd. It all fetched just shy of $200.

He can certainly buy another console and all his games (whether his wife is willing to contribute anything towards this is another matter), but it seems his precious save data is all lost for eternity.

Soon the question was posted on Yahoo! Answers (“Chiebukuro” in Japan): “My friend’s wife sold his PS3 and all his games, can he ever forgive this?” and huge interest followed, with hundreds of thousands of hits and thousands of responses.

A few opinions were of the opinion that “It’s just a console” and “You’ll laugh about this later”, but the vast majority were completely outraged:

“Just selling his stuff, that’s a crime isn’t it?”

“Of course he’d be furious…”

“That is despicable, if it were me I’d file for divorce.”

“I cried when I read the question.”

“What if this were a beloved pet – could you say ‘It’s just a pet after all’?”

“This lady is going to become one of those mothers who just toss out their children’s manga and collectibles.”

“My husband is the same, I feel a bit lonely at time. But selling his data too, it’s too much. Isn’t selling people’s things a crime anyway? I’d divorce and have nothing to do with the friends involved.”

“This is an outrage!”

“This is just criminal conduct, surely. I’d divorce immediately and report her!”

“This is horrible, but I don’t think someone who doesn’t game can really understand…”

“Impossible!”

“This is just the worst sort of thing you could do…”

“Just selling people’s things is not something I think easy to forgive.”

“This is grounds for divorce! Criminal!”

“Even practical jokes have limits. I couldn’t forgive this.”

“This just shows contempt for his interests.”

“Would you want to go on with someone like this? If not, then file for divorce immediately…”

Even non-gamers were incensed, pointing out that erasing people’s data and selling their things are indeed unforgivable.

The actual answer selected as “best” was a typically trite piece explaining how the man should prioritise his dear wife over any of his interests.

Given what we have seen of the attitudes displayed by many Japanese women, the nature of the demographic crisis facing Japan swims sharply into focus…

Poll unavailable.

05:13 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

What she's done is a bad omen for what's to come in the future. Not only has she sold something that was not hers and was valued to her husband but she was also stupid enough to sell it with private data still in the PS3.

16:40 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

no matter how you look at it, otaku or not otaku, selling your own husband's/spouse's things WITHOUT permission is stealing.

Comment by CS
    06:36 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Unforgivable. Reverse the marriage ASAP, Unfortunate Groom. It can only go downhill from here, and this action really seems scary when you consider what it might be a prelude to. Get out, man, you're in danger.

07:32 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Disreguarding what it was that was sold. I think it says a little about the kind of person it would take, to sell something of your husbands stuff, before your even married, without him knowing. It doenst matter what it is that was sold, just that is was done in a completely illicit and decietefull mannor.

What ever happened to talking things over with your spouce?

Now doing it as a joke to humiliate him... Myself, this would be enough to break up. I could not be with somone that doenst respect, or care for me.

Comment by bolt
    07:34 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

if she didn't accept his hobbys then why did she marry him? that's grounds for divorce, not just because of selling his stuff, but of not accepting him for who he is, and what he does to de stress.... if my wife went and sold my plastic models... i wouldn't be with her right now cuz that just isn't right... ditch the bitch, after she gets back ur system and games... at her expense... thats just wrong!

Comment by asianprostitute1500
    06:02 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

This can be settled with a simple three step solution listed as follows:
    1. Sell wife.
    2. Buy new PS3.
    3. Fuck PS3.

Comment by KajunBowser
    05:58 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

first i tought this was another bunch of retarded opinions by gamers, but then i imagined someone selling my guitar, kaoss pad, etc... and i could feel empathy.
    I still think the whole going OMGWTF gonna kill u!!1 is stupid, but yeah divorce sounds okay because someone who cant understand and respect your interests cant even be a friend.

Comment by Halconnen
    08:46 16/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I'm also in the 'instant divorce/anullment' category.

Srsly, wtf.

Just putting myself into that situation drives me nuts.

I just married the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, she goes behind my back, sells a valued possession of mine, then publicly humiliates me with her friends?

I'd ask myself how stupid I could've been to marry someone like that, then divorce/annul and depending on the legal situation file charges.

That is, if I'm thinking clearly in that situation. If I'm not, I have no idea what I'd do.

It's not even about the ridiculously low amount of money that PS3 netted. I'd be just as pissed if she just sold off any of my possessions that aren't consumables without asking me. What kind of utter bastard would ever do something like that? No matter what exactly the motives are.

07:51 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

BITCH. DIVORCE HER NOW.

THERE'S NOTHING MORE PRECIOUS THAN SAVE DATA.

06:30 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Instant divorce. Not because she sold "my precious gaming console", but just out of principle. You just don't sell someone elses stuff.

08:31 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

divorce her. i would file theft charges against her with the police.

16:01 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

unfortunately in a case like this you couldn't file for criminal charges

part of being married is joint ownership of both ppl's stuff

legaly the wife commited no crime cas she had the same ownership of the stuff as he did as soon as they became married

on the other hand this means that he could sell her stuff to buy his ps3 and games back then file for an annulment (fileing for a divorce is bad in this situation if he had more stuff than she did when they got married) so that it was like the marriage never happened.

01:52 16/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Have to keep in mind though, that she sold it before they were married, ergo she did not have joint ownership of the item at that point in time.

And thus it would still classify as petty larceny/theft.

05:04 18/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"The couple had just wed, when in the party following the service the curious question came up in a quiz: “How much would his PS3 and games fetch if sold?” Guesses were invited, but that was all.

It transpired his wife and her friends had secretly sold the console whilst he was otherwise engaged."

So let's establish a timeline.
    PS3 was sold, they got hitched, she reveals it during a party the day after they officially tied the knot.

It takes a bit to auction off a device like that and to have it shipped to its new owner.
    48 hours at the least I'd say. Ergo, it still counts as theft/petty larceny as she didn't have joint ownership of the device at that point in time.

according to the article it was shortly after they wsere married maybe you should reread it

14:06 08/07/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I'd divorce and sue her to get the money for buying a new one <_<

If she would just have sold some games that are easily replaceable it would be forgiveable but selling everything including the saves is not forgivable.

She didn't even seem to have a good reason for that.

If that guy would have played to much for her point of view: DON'T MARRY HIM.

She's a real bitch, I hope she gets sued and maybe even jailed.

02:57 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It's just a wonder, if she likes to humiliate her husband in front of all their acquaintances and doesn't give a fuck about his personal belongings (she did it for FUN, so it's not like they were in poverty), what else will she do in the future?

this is not about putting a console above a person, it's about whether you married a good person you can RELY ON or a fucking untrustworthy bitch.

Comment by Kip
    02:53 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

No forgiveness. You show her one inch of compromise this early, and the whole rest of your married life will be controlled by her.

Comment by BakaDI
    08:00 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

That's just criminal. I'd divorce right away. How can I trust someone who STEALS my stuff?? And more, the guy is at fault also. She clearly has no respect for him. That's something he should have noticed before marrying her. How can you MARRY someone like that?

Dammit.

05:57 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anonymous does not forgive.
    Anonymous does not forget.

Comment by Carrie
    05:45 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Man stabs wife "to watch her shocked reaction." Buys PS3 with insurance money."

Will we be seeing this article shortly?

I certainly wouldn't go to the extremes many of the other commenters here suggested (killing her :|) but ...this definitely is an issue he needs to discuss and settle with her ASAP. That's a huge breach of trust - not the best way to kick off your new life together.

Perhaps I wouldn't be so distraught if she had at least gotten the proper price for it. Only 200 dollars?! That's just idiotic on her part. Between this and Equality Now, I can see why there are misogynists out there. 8\ Ladies like this give our gender a bad reputation.

Comment by FallsFromGrace
    05:38 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I may forget but would never forgive

05:27 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not many women (If any) can appreciate videogames.

If it happened to me I'd simply compensate by selling all her clothes, jewelry, and make up.

23:13 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

My ex-gf was a hardcore gamer. Pretty much all the women I've been involved with have been gamers to some extent, and none of them were fugly. The hottest one being the WoW/StarCraft addict who used to do some modelling. Gamer girls are a dime a dozen if you know where to look. Gamer girls who are not only pretty but also fit aren't too difficult to find provided you're willing to move anywhere in the world if you want to be serious about it. The fit ones are more abundant in countries that actively promote good physical health. Either way, internet forums and real life school/university clubs is your friend.

Comment by maga
    07:35 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd sign her up for some expensive life insurance then murder her and file for a divorce in that order.

07:40 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd laugh it off, tell her to go live it up on the 200 dollars. Then while she's doing that sell everything important to her while taping it.

Oh, and if I can't find buyers, I'd just burn all of it in a pile. Then I'd invite all the same people over and do the exact same thing she did to me.

"Hey honey, revenge is a bitch, and so are you."

03:45 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

he should divorce her "for fun" and "just to see the shocked look on her face" lol

04:14 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow certainly a despicable thing to do just for the laugh but you all would have to agree that for her to reach that level there was some sort of conflict over the matter with no resolve. Seems unlikely to trust her again but would get some payback in the mean time. Sell some shoes, bag then wait to see her expression. Would be priceless.

Comment by elferio
    04:42 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Exactly eye for eye teeth for teeth, the bitch know that her husband would be outraged, yet she still sold it.
    If for example she would only hide them and tell him that she sold them would be mean but hilarious, but to sell them its outrageous.

04:03 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow, this is the highest number of comments on any one article on Sankaku I've seen in a while, if not ever...

08:13 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You obviously don't hang around here. Just go check the equalitynow/feminism articles.

02:26 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I would tie her up and gag her, put her in the trunk of my car, drive to a remote area, beat her silly, rape her with a dagger/knife, pour acid in her face and lastly, throw her off a cliff. Before throwing her away i would have cut off one of her hands which i would roast and eat later that day.

Comment by Fonzer
    02:35 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I would sell all her clothes and shoes.Go buy back all your clothes and shoes without my money.
    At least i would see her naked more :S

Comment by Hakurei
    02:37 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Get her wedding ring. Sell it and buy back your ps3. You still win if you divorce.

Comment by Omochikaeri
    13:55 16/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not really. Who paid for that ring?

02:49 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope there's another article about this.

05:04 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I could never forgive her and to get back at her, I'd sell all of her shoes, purses, and much of her clothes.

NEVER touch a man's vidya, NEVER

Comment by GourmetPrince
    05:12 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I would slap the shit out of that bitch. Women fucking suck.

05:08 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

She's obviously not someone you can trust. Divorce her immediately. First she sells your PS3 for kicks, then somethign more valuable, then your car, then gets you fired for fun, eventually she's peddling home made Bukakke videos on the street corner just to get a rise out of you.

04:49 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Note to myself:
    Remember to put my PS3 inside a reinforced steel cage and WELD it to the living room of my house before any marriage

Comment by ChonnyD
    04:37 15/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey guys I just bought a bitchin' new PS3 with a bunch of games for a little under $200 from some lady!

Comment by Oni
    15:39 01/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Dude, hells to the no, I'd have to go A Pimp Named Slick Back on a hoe... or be like "hell na, you forget my name? I'm Choke-a-bitch from the slap-a-hoe tribe, bes get my shit back!!"

Very inexcusable conduct. I hope he did divorce her or better yet, sell the rings. XDDD

Comment by Dan
    23:14 28/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now that's just nuts.
    What did she do that for???

Where's the "lover one another purely, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health". Instead it's "lover one another purely, richer or richer, in revenge and vengeance"

Comment by Dan
    23:55 28/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

PS:

Thins song would definetly complement what's the "feeling" inside us after we saw this article.

Enjoy.

Comment by GaryLemmons1
    20:29 08/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There is another way our poor PS3less friend the husband could get back at the wife for selling his PS3. He can secretly sells her stuff. I'm talking about her clothes, makeup, pets, & that ugly antique her grandmother gave her. After he sells all her stuff he can buy a new PS3. Then when she walks in a almost empty house & sees him playing his new PS3. He can tell her "That's a warning. Next time you sell my PS3 I'm selling your parents'house."

Comment by Anonymous125
    21:07 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Note to self:

Enjoy single life, video games, buying PVC figures and figmas and other stuff before getting married to someone because marriage is like being handcuff to someone else

Comment by TNinja
    10:46 28/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The world surprises me again.

Comment by thefranchise
    10:30 17/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i'm going to make like wayne brady and choke the bitch.

09:24 17/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Unforgivable!!!!!