Top 15 Most Entertaining Manga Ranking: Shonen Triumph

nami-one-piece-bikini

A survey with an impressive 6,000 participants yielded the following revelations as to which manga were thought most interesting by a general Japanese audience:

“Which manga do you think most entertaining?”:

1. One Piece
11. Kuso Miso Technique
12. Gintama
13. Detective Conan
14. Nodame Cantabile
15. Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei

Via Itai News.

A credible ranking, though there are some surprising omissions (Naruto, Bleach and Death Note, for starters), not that many will be complaining….

Comment by AngelsThesis
    22:34 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

awesome Kintama ftw

Comment by yuuji
    20:49 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

kuso miso technique ROFL

uho! ii otoko..

Comment by Vine-y
    20:35 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WTF? Kuso Miso Technique (Sh3t Miso Tech.) beat Conan, Gintama, and Nodame!! Is the Yaoi/fecalphiliac fangirl/boy population that influential?

22:31 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd never heard of it and decided to check it's wiki. WTF is right. Or more like LOL.

"The short manga is a famous meme on the internet (Japanese internet forums especially), largely considered the representative work of Yamakawa and responsible for the revived popularity in his works."

That basically explains it. Never doubt the power of internet memes.

03:12 22/11/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

so it would be like if "Pokemon: The Mudkip Special" outsold the entire works of William Shakespeare here in the states? Yeah I could see that.

Comment by navi410
    19:22 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No Naruto and Bleach, YEAH seems like people are using more brain cells. Please don't put one piece with those 2 garbage totally different.

08:10 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Honestly, I think you all hate these only because they're so popular. So it's inconsenquential if these are out/in, since all your hate is not determined by the manga in question, but its popularity and amount of retarded fans. The names would just change according to the situation. Other mangas would be being hated here, if Bleach and Naruto weren't so popular in the West.

Comment by Hurhur
    23:36 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

YARANAIKA YES.

Comment by Riot Gear
    02:15 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No suprise that One Piece is 'the One Piece' but the trouble is that there's too much violence and blood nowadays,and missing a bit of fun and adventure.I wanted more fun and adventure with less violence.

14:35 22/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

they have to go through the cruel pirate ocean, so it's to be expected.

Comment by Kinny Riddle
    01:37 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank goodness Naruto and Bleach aren't in it.

No disrespect to the more decent folks who likes them (they're different from the more extremely rabid "tards" of all nationalities), but I'm just getting sick and tired with its ever dragged out storyline already, I'm amazed I'm still following the series, simply because I always insist on finishing what I've started, no matter how inadvertedly. Perhaps even this will change as I grow even older.

If I spend too long watching them in one go, a few brain cells would fry, which is why I totally avoid their fillers now.

No offence to their authors, who are no doubt hard working and talented artists who sadly has become the victims of their own successes.

Anyway, most titles on the list are pretty much expected, like FMA, Conan, Nodame alongside the likes of Dragonball, One Piece and Fist of North Star. Though I'm not too familiar with 9, 10 and 11.

I constantly see no. 10 "Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo" in the Shounen Jump roster, is it a long running slapstick series. Wonder what's that about?

Comment by Azumifan
    00:03 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm surprised azumi wasnt on the list I prefer it to naruto,but berserk isnt on it either -.-;

Comment by pluki7
    18:38 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Golgo 13!!!

Fuck yeah, I saw the anime in mid '80s as a kid. Real cool violence and sex scenes.

Hey, maybe that's why I'm a fucked up geezer now...

Comment by anonymous
    18:21 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

sayonara zetsubo sensei! *_*

Comment by Atma
    14:36 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Heehee Kuso Miso is on there.

But honestly Gintama and SZS are the only ones on there I care about. I could care less about One Piece, personally, and I have tried over and over and over again to like it but I just can't. Oda's good at being goofy and creating detailed worlds, but not ones that can draw me in well enough.

Comment by Akumaten
    14:51 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

One Piece: Yes
    Dragonball: As long it is not the DBZ half
    Hunter X Hunter: Love the story, hate the author
    Gintama: 'Eff Yes!!!

14:35 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No Saint Seiya? Gotta Pegasus Meteor Punch the poll workers.

15:00 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually I'm surprised that Naruto and Bleach aren't in the list (not that I wanted them to be there).

The only manga I care about in that list are Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Nodame Cantabile and I'm glad that they seem to be quite popular.

Comment by mide
    17:19 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

only thing keeping me reading Naruto is cause I've been reading it for too long already. It's really bad, both plot and drawings imo. I don't even know why it became so popular here in the US.

I don't get HunterxHunter too. It started off with a really strong start, but now it feels like the author is half-assing it. I already gave up that one.

Surprised Yu Yu Hakusho isn't on the list.

Some of you guys don't get it, too. SLAM DUNK was HUGE! YEAH! Grew up with it, and I still love it till this day. JOJO too.

Comment by mide
    17:23 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

forget to mention:

ONE PIECE is a MASTERPIECE!

02:57 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Naruto is popular in the US because the fangirls think the male characters are, and I quote, "smexy".
    The male characters usually have at least one trait that fangirls love.
    1. bishounen good looks (even the non-bishounen ones are somehow morphed by a fangirls "bishie vision")
    2. a tragic past (so common in Naruto that it makes me wonder how certain characters think they're more special because of it when most characters had it just as bad, if not worse)
    3. emo (most likely cause by their tragic past which should be called an average ninja childhood)
    4. wears make-up (a ninja needs to look fabulous at all times)
    5. has a very strong emotional bond with another male character (usually a little too strong if you ask me)

Comment by Titolion
    08:14 10/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

wow.. that completely resumes the fangirl rage I have with Naruto

02:13 03/09/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I think its famous cuz of ze action and the funnies, lol

Comment by halotoo
    15:59 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What happen to Ranma,H2,Black jack,Urusei Yatsura, Nana and Godzilla?Then I realise this is not my list, Oh well.

Oh wait where is Narudoh and Beach?

18:39 07/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

NANA has no action and way to much drama to be on a list of the most entertaining (not best) manga.

08:28 13/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think I may actually use this list to check out some of the manga's. (in the future, when I have time :P)
    And to be honest I recently acquired the Slam Dunk manga already, so that's neat :)

Comment by insideofyou
    23:22 30/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

dude one piece sucks.it's for people that are just getting into anime and don't know which ones are good

14:38 22/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

the people of japan with anime since before they were even born, against you. you suck.

02:15 03/09/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

This is why i tell ppl to read the manga instead -.-

12:44 16/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hell Yea, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
    MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!!!!

Comment by Syaoran
    16:27 26/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

wtf? where's sailor moon

14:37 09/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei is becoming more ad more awesome, damn i miss the old School Rumble :/

03:26 10/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's sad that good anime series have only 1 or 2 seasons while Naruto/Bleach etc. get to be 100,200,300..episodes. It's like "Bald&Beautifull" being aired for 20 years and Futurama being cancelled after 4th season. Crap sells better and longer, maybe it's because crap isn't going to get worse or burn out. You can add new opponents,allies,techniques and stuuf almost forever, but it's hard to keep a good humor and plot quality for many seasons.

08:27 13/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Naruto has a decent plot/story.
    Bleach is alright too... Story wise.

And Futurama was actually a stupid cartoon with no plot whatsoever... So I'm surprised you even mentioned it.

And yeah... opponents/allies/techniques etc. can be endlessly... but you're forgetting that both naruto and bleach have a main enemy, though naruto's story isn't even so much based on their opponents but on the story between sasuke and naruto (imo).

03:32 20/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

one piece and gintama will always be n1 in my heart

19:19 05/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ohh!!!my fucking god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06:21 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Both One Piece and Hunter X Hunter rock

00:26 31/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hxh should have more anime episodes...

Comment by Kyo
    14:28 09/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

....ORAAAH!

Comment by i386
    Comment by maga
    05:28 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck yeah! One Piece!

Comment by shalala
    07:26 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

boya go One Piece. Its the bomb. Gintama is in there too now im happy.

Comment by Kamurotetsu
    07:43 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Naruto started like a total rip off of One Piece in the "tragic pasts" and the "I wanna be the most important known in my world!" but it got more interesting in his own way. But now is getting way to slow for some fans, and I agree... The desings are kinda messy some times. So I think it's ok if it isn't in this list.

Bleach was great at first as well... Now is getting a lot of action and shonen fights... Awesome fights, boring plots. xD

Death Note IS awesome, but when you see other "Intelligence" series (GITS in example) you realize that Death Note was nothing but a teenager logistic battle.

One Piece is right to be there 'cause of this:

1.- It started a "Dragon Ball" type of protagonists WITH emotional things...
    2.- It makse you laugh if you like the characters.
    3.- It has VERY original and out of the lot desings.
    4.- When you think that it can't surprise you anymore... It surprise you.

Away from this. JOJO's rlz. So does Hokuto No Ken. And the all time loved Kochikame!

Comment by raitoryuulk
    03:52 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

those 6000 people never reads gantz i guess

03:39 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

it's great to see Gintama be on the list, and I'm not surprised that Dragon Ball, One Piece, and Slam Dunk are on there. although I am surprised-like most other people-that others such as Doraemon, Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, etc. aren't on their. oh well~

Comment by A Zabber
    00:23 09/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i liked nodame cantabile. Though i have to say my favourites are one piece and fullmetal.

23:25 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1-ok
    2-shit
    3-ok
    4-ok
    5-nah
    6-ok
    7-YES
    8-no
    9-...
    10-...
    11- wait, what?

Comment by Cecilia´s Fan
    20:30 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

How can anyone consider Hunter x Hunter entertaining?

Comment by twin blades
    11:26 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

wtf! no gantz! no tenjho tenge! no air gear! no death note! aaaahhhhgggg!!!!!!!! fuck japan!

Comment by Rincewind
    18:39 08/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, Gantz is good.

18:33 10/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

kinda fucked up my brain, tho. especially when that awesome big tittied chick got hit with the religious acid shit and you could see her insides D: I was sick for a week and decided not to watch more