Japanese Women: A Virgin is Fine, Too!

a-virgin-is-fine-too

Otaku are briefly rejoicing, before acknowledging the futility of it all, with the news that Japanese women are quite accepting of their male partners having no sexual experience, with even hapless virgins welcome in their beds. Some even express a predatory interest in virgin men…

The results of the survey, and the thoughts of the ladies in detail:

What would you think if you found out that the man you like is a virgin?

1. I wouldn’t think anything of it (64%)

If he’s younger it’s not impossible, and if he’s shy then  it’s not impossible either…
If I like him then it’s no concern.
Isn’t it better to have had fewer partners?
People all have their particular circumstances.
Totally preferable to some lady’s man!
I think I’d like him even more because of something like that.
Everyone was a virgin to start with.
It looks a little cute.
My current boyfriend was a virgin!
It doesn’t really matter, but I’d be a bit tense.
If he were 30 I’d be put off but…
If it’s love, it doesn’t matter…

2. I’d love such a man! (9%)

I’ll dye him my colour.
I’d be delighted!!!!
It’s better if he’s not used to it.
I’d want to teach him all sorts of things.
I’d love to hear that.
I’d have my way with him.
That’d be quite reassuring.
That’s clean, isn’t it?
I think that’s pure.
Cute. It’s a bit gross if he’s older though.
It’d be off-putting, but ok as only I’d know.

3. I’ll take the lead! (8%)

Only I’d know it so I’d actually be rather pleased…
Sounds interesting.
It’s easy to point out the “mistakes” learnt from AV…
The first time is a first for everyone, so it’s ok for the woman to take the lead, surely.

4. I’d be pretty put off! (5%)

5. I’d have to discuss the matter with friends… (4%)

6. I’d encourage him. (4%)

7. I’d break up with him. (1%)

It depends on age, but I don’t like younger men so it’s impossible.
It’s well… Right?
I’m a masochist so if he can’t have his way with me it’s a problem.
Honestly? I’d drop him.
I’d dump him on the spot.
Impossible.
I’d be upset, and not really sure about what to do.
If he can’t take the lead…
I wouldn’t know what to do…
I wouldn’t hate him but I’d be surprised.
Virgins are absolutely disgusting.
Well, it’s the age, isn’t it?

Other comments:

Hmm, if it doesn’t happen to me I can’t tell.
If we’re both virgins, isn’t that good?
I’d be surprised, but neither happy nor put out.
It depends on age, if he were over 30 or something I’d certainly be surprised…
I can understand it if he were in his teens, but it’s pretty bad if he’s in his twenties…
It all depends on age.

So, some 80% claim not to mind virgin men, and 20% are in fact the female equivalent of virgin-hunters, though age may play a factor…

The survey covered 2,000 Japanese ladies in their twenties and thirties, and was conducted by Gyao Trends.

As we have seen, it may be that they have more important things on their minds

Comment by Atma
    09:37 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I don't see any shame in being a virgin. Some days I wish I had my virginity back, even if I could just chalk it up to the mistakes of youth. Waiting until you're absolutely sure about it or find a girl/guy/whatever you like that you trust to do it with will be a lot better for you in every way than just doing it awkwardly with the first person you ever date. Take your time.

And don't be surprised if neither you or your partner get it right the first few times. Like most good things, sex takes practice to get good at. Find out what you two like and show and tell in bed.

I have more respect for people who save it rather than lose it and/or act like a goddamn slut.

05:46 23/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

*pat in the head*

Yeah...I made a few mistakes back in my days as well. Although for guys it is nowhere near as special as a girl's first time. On a second note I always thought it's better to make out with someone more sexually experienced. That way things would go smoother and your partner could guide you along the way. Now that I think about it, it would be really fun to explore things with a less experienced partner as well. You can make some memorable moments together(*chuckle*). And there is less stress trying to "keep up" or to meet a certain expectation. Then again, if I like somebody, whether he/she is a virgin or not is completely irrelevant(as long as STD is not a valid concern).

05:15 11/02/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Why? I'm a guy, and I consider my first time just as special as any girl's. This might be because I plan to be committed to whoever I have my first time with, though.

03:59 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

So many butthurt posters...

Women won't stop dating someone they like just because they're virgins, for fuck's sake. But they WILL if you don't have confidence. That's what it really matters to women in a man.

Also, please, refrain from saying you are a virgin and your age. It's something quite pathetic to write.

Comment by scwizard
    04:06 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It's a way of bonding through our mutual patheticness :)

Comment by Fonzer
    04:17 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

No it's not really pathetic to write that.It's just society influence and you follow it.
    What some other users i heard lost their virginty at the age of 25 with their wifes.
    What can you do?
    Things happen the way they happen,not everyone is gonna have the luck in this world to find love or lose his virginity.People should try looking for partners,but not everyone will be capable of it,due to also pshycial influence that the life has made on them.
    Boys who grown up without fathers in their family have it pretty hard(divorce,death or disapearance of the father,or never knowing about him).It's really hard for them to actualy know and find love.I know several casses back at my home.

Virginity is too much valued anyway all the huss about being virgin or not is unneded but good becouse it can sometimes motivate you to actualy lose it.

Comment by Artefact

So being a virgin at a certain age is pathetic?

04:20 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It's pathethic to write, not to be. I hope you can understand what I mean. There is no need to announce that to the whole world. It makes these people look like they have no pride.

09:38 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I don't know how some people see keeping their virginity as a failure to mate. We're humans, we have minds, we can make that choice for ourselves. Many people would see it as a sign of virtue to be able to hold off for so long. I can say I'm a virgin at 30 and that I've had many proposals but declined them. There are people today who still hold romanticism at value and would rather wait for the right person, someone they're emotionally attached to and trust, than just spread themselves everywhere they go nonchalantly. It's got nothing to do with pride. You shouldn't compare yourself to others and consider yourself better or worse for your decision.

People shouldn't give a fuck what other people think of them, if they feel they're right they should stick by it, have confidence in their decision, and not listen to people who laugh at them. It's only unfortunate for those other people, who can't even try to look at things from another perspective, outside of their narrow minds, try to understand, and accept that people are different and no better or worse than them for making a different decision. No matter what your choice is, know that there are people who understand and even share in your beliefs. It's even nicer if you find such people, but even if you don't, don't give up on yourself.

It's up to you, do you feel bad about still being a virgin at 40? Then go do something about it. Personally, I wouldn't be, but wither it's a bad thing or not should be entirely up to you.

05:31 23/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't assume things. It's not because being virgin is good or bad, something to be proud or not. It's just something you should keep to yourself, if you care about yourself (not about what others think). You could go on around saying that you smell, because you haven't bathed/showered in months. Well, why should you care? It's your choice. But why should you announce it to the whole world, knowing it will be detrimental to yourself (even if you don't believe in the actual values of socitety)? Because you don't care about yourself. You know it will be bad for you, but you say it even knowing it's not necessary.

People who don't care about what others think don't act that way. There is a little difference. People who don't care about what others think would speak firmly and proud of their virginity, WHEN THEY ARE ASKED. If you cross this line, it makes these people look they don't care about themselves (not what others think -- I'm making this clear, because I figure most people would misunderstand).

These people who say unnecessary things that will make them look bad to most people (and please do not think I'm inclusing myself in this "most people"): the reason can only be that they don't care about themselves (not what others think). It's psychologically unhealthy. You should care about yourself. And that's my point. That's why I think it's bad. It has nothing to do with virginity being good or bad, or something to be proud or not, or an age for losing it. Care about yourself, this will lead people to a better life.

This may sound like overreacting, but when people say here that they are 40 and virgin (true or not), they should know some people (I'm not included in this group) would think badly of them, like they were losers, even if it's their choice. And anyone is aware of that. So have some self-steem, don't expose yourself like a "loser" (according to these actual values), and say it unnecessarily. Have some pride. Even if you don't believe in these values, like me. Announce it when necessary, and proud.

I'm a virgin myself.

Pride? Who the fuck gives a shit about pride

08:15 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"I’ll dye him my colour."

What.

11:31 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"I’d want to teach him all sorts of things.
    I’d have my way with him."

CONFIRMED FOR AWESOME TIER.

05:21 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Most men arent virgins in the first place

at some point they were born

07:37 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That img is from Resort Boin

Comment by DuoMaxwell
    09:41 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmmm...this sounds interesting.

At least for virgins and first-timers, it's good practice though. I'm just overwhelmed with the 64% who said they don't mind.

I just hope that prudish religions don't mess this up.

Comment by Tatsu
    06:23 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I like #3.

Comment by BASHA
    11:44 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

...
    This is how I met my current girlfriend...
    She's laughing at this now XD

05:39 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

now, now isn't that nice

Comment by Seba
    06:13 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japanese Women: A Virgin is Fine, Too!
    Random otaku fag: A 3D pig is fine, too!

Comment by EspadaKiller
    06:52 26/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"I’d want to teach him all sorts of things."

LOL

16:44 09/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Hahaha good one :DD

Comment by Bronxdragon
    00:49 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Also bs on this list......its like a double standard......Its bad if the guy is a virgin. But good if the girl is?

09:45 06/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

To women, love is usually love...

and as to men, pussy is pussy.

To women, penis is penis.

Comment by my mom
    18:36 09/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

seriously, what's wrong with virgin?

23:46 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

DPJ's ambition is to make japan belong to client state of china.

Comment by Lain
    Comment by Nimas
    01:18 24/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hmm i question the validity of this statistic!

Comment by Watson Waterstone
    06:07 23/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Note to self: MUST LOSE VIRGINITY SOON

Comment by SilverTide
    06:27 23/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

As far as marriage is concerned, why should anyone believe that a person who can't keep their chastity be able to keep their fidelity?

People who have sex before marriage are 40% more likely than those who marry as virgins to divorce. Look it up.

Comment by kenjiharima
    10:38 23/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

2. I’d love such a man! (9%) - I so loled!

13:06 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I guess that's good then...

*pause*

What's that image from? Channel link?

14:27 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Resort BOIN ^~^

Comment by Izu Taisa
    20:22 21/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

haha.i hope they have poll on girl if how many of them is virgin.

Comment by Fatty
    20:23 21/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1% of Japanese women are fags

Comment by Accany
    20:28 21/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now i really need to go to japan.

Comment by Zomb1e13
    20:37 21/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

And do forget to say that your 14 or 15 as the like that twice as much :P

04:07 10/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wait What? I'm 15!! I hate being a virgin =,="
    T_T IT SUCKS T_T And I'm actually extremely cute, between 4"11 - 5"2 and I weigh between 87 - 90 pounds. =D I'm a guitarist and have been playing for 5 years, (just imagine how fast my hands can move ;D) Who would be willing to remove my virginity?!?!?!? (I'm a boy by the way)( And did I mention... Emo?!?!?!?!?)

Comment by clannadfanboy132
    20:16 21/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Honestly? I’d drop him."
    "I’d dump him on the spot."
    "Virgins are absolutely disgusting."

I know it's a minority, but these comments piss me off. Someone can only lose their virginity and become "experienced" by being a virgin IN THE FIRST PLACE.

And these women should feel special and gifted to be able to take a man's virginity. Plus, who's willing to guess the percentage of women who side with this mentality being virgins themselves?

21:13 21/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol @ women feeling special and gifted at taking a man's virginity.

A man's virginity isn't like a woman's. To a woman it's special. Speaking as a man, I know that I couldn't fucking WAIT to lose it, and it's not something men hold onto like women.

22:17 29/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Depends in which culture,area that you grew in,
    beliefs,E.C.T. as well as the fact some areas
    (you know who you are)Frown upon virgin women,though taking the human factor into
    account,and the wo/man in question pretty much
    says 'screw you with a brick' to statistics,
    logic,and for some,their reality/little world.
    don't forget some people are asexual,and other stuff.

21:32 21/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey, don't speak for all men. I couldn't wait to loose it either, but not to JUST ANYONE. If that was true of all men, they'd all go to a prostitute when they reach the age.

Romance still exists among men and women these days, though I think it's hanging by a finger.

And I can understand some women not wanting virgins, unless they don't want one because they find it makes the man less of a man. I mean, if you're a woman or man who likes it rough and wants to be overpowered by the person you're fucking, then that wouldn't be as likely if you were with a virgin, right? But then, such women might come off as a bit selfish. But then, as a man, I'm wondering myself if I prefer a woman who is a virgin or well experienced, since I find it hotter if the woman takes the lead, and I prefer them older.

In the end, this survey just proves that there's someone for everyone when it comes to virginity.

22:10 21/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

you mean what I said about going to a prostitute as soon as they reach "that age"? I meant legal age.

Besides, I could also have said that if it were true, then we'd see a lot more teen pregnancies than we already do. But I have seen a survey done on teens (girls and boys) that may surprise some, as it showed very few want to loose their virginity before finishing school, and few find it a bad thing to not loose your virginity before graduating high school.

Comment by CC
    21:41 21/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Only thing that keeps that from happening is it

1) Being illigal in some countries
    2) Even when it's legal some sort of social problem is probably the result.
    3) Money! (That's a lot of newspapers to deliver)

Comment by Miroku74
    01:53 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Shit. If I knew it would be this difficult to get laid in the 21st Century, I'd have built a time machine..... gone back to the Paleolithic Age..... and bashed my intended other over the head with a big fucking rock..... and drag her back to my cave to seal the deal. ><

Comment by Artefact

You can do this today.

Comment by Miroku74
    02:17 23/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I could, but they have prisons built for guys like that.

Comment by Uraisamu
    08:40 09/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

nah the alpha male would crush your fragile modern day skull like a grape, you'd never get near the ladies...

22:22 29/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You give him a explosive device,trick him
    into thinkin you're beta,run away with the lady(when he is occupied with explosive),
    and then,have fun,remember kids the brain
    helps kick ass.

Comment by Bla7e
    09:41 09/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not if you blast him with a shotgun no? xD

04:12 02/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

the funny thing is, that probably even their females would be too alpha for him

Comment by Miroku74
    01:54 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

dragged*

Comment by xatm092
    00:53 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This. It's not like they were never a virgin.