Kadokawa Issues Haruhi Gag Order

haruhi-gag-order

Just when fans thought they had secured some reliable evidence of the existence of the Haruhi second season, Kadokawa has moved to scotch them.

Now we hear that lynchpin broadcaster Saitama TV is issuing a categorical refusal to comment on the series, after only days ago having confirmed with other broadcasters that the series would have 28 episodes.

The broadcaster will now only answer with the request to instead see the official Haruhi homepage. The immediate suspicion is that Kadokawa has moved to gag broadcasters from revealing any details regarding the anime.

You can see the 2ch exchange here.

Although the suggestion that new and old episodes will be mixed together or broadcast back-to-back is not directly challenged by this development, it does rather suggest that the broadcasters, in providing useful information to viewers, contravened Kadokawa’s policy of issuing only ambiguous or misleading information.

Currently the major possibility appears to be that Kadokawa was hoping to keep all disinformation control centred on its official channels.

We might speculate that some contrived marketing gimmick relying on generating word of mouth publicity is planned, or that an unusual or unannounced entry into the new episodes is due.

Considering how the marketing has been handled so far, anything seems possible. Dark whispers of a simple re-repeat in the alternative airing order following the first 14 episodes have even been heard…

Kadokawa’s marketing approach to the Haruhi appears to be to sow as much confusion and distrust as possible whilst delivering as little as possible. Few productions have ever been marketed with so little respect for those attempting to follow them…

Comment by COSMO
    12:15 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think I'm getting sick of these pusha & pull rumors!! (>.<) I'll just wait till the anime get released!!

Comment by Loli Star
    10:55 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lawl at Haruhi fans.
    Srsly!1 i gave up on this Anime a
    long time ago, therefore it's useless
    to sit and wait for a new season.

Just stick to the popularity that K-ON!
    has recently been gaining.

Comment by alex1_phang3
    18:59 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol here we go again XD

Comment by motaku96
    10:43 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Once again, an appropriate picture. It still smells fishy to me. Won't believe it till I see it with my own eyes.

08:37 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just got Kadokawa on the phone, they said the preveiw for season 2 will be bundled with Duke Nukem Forever. FPS+Anime=MegaWin. Not bad for a business partnership. Those people are really thinking with their heads.

Comment by GHS
    06:58 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't think people will get that unless they they know about the Duke Nukem Forever issue...

Comment by Chris
    14:40 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Everyone knows about the Duke Nukem Forever issue. Or if they don't, they can google it. That's what normal internet denizens do when they see a reference they don't understand... that or ignore it.

Comment by GHS
    17:15 06/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I dunno, think the classic Duke Nukem games might be a bit too old for some here to know right off the bat, if you know what I mean.

Comment by tasan
    07:24 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree that this could all just be a marketing tactic for the second season. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya I could definitely seeing the trolls of anime doing something like this. I highly doubt that they would cut the show into halves...for one that is just stupid and bad marketing altogether.

The theory of haruhi-chan also is a bit unintelligent for a few reasons. 1. haruhi-chan is far too short to be made into a series. 2. also bad marketing as who the heck would pay for a five dollar mini-mini series (it's too short to be called a mini-series). I could however see them spreading the haruhi episodes to a full hour with the haruhi attached on at the end and then they would have lots of commercials inbetween but that still does not make 14 additional episodes. Then again trolls are very mysterious creatures so who knows...

As for the idea that they will play the same series in one order and then in the alternative...that is stupid. One, once they discover that the first season is being replayed twice no one will watch it because they will have already seen it and the order won't matter. Sure some would watch it but not enough for them to make it profitable.

Here is my theory. They leaked the information on purpose in order to retract it later in order to keep people guessing. It is also to show a sort of connection to the season "disappearance of haruhi" in which it was there one moment and gone the next. Another theory is the idea that the company has taken so long to release one because they have been working on other seasons while the VAs are all in one place. This would be smart on their part because they would not have to worry about previous things. The light novels are on the eighth volume so I could easily see this sort of thing happening. Mind you who knows how smart these trolls actually are.

Then again we have the last theory in which Anal Cunt is to Music as Kadokawa is to Anime. I could easily see them trolling people (they've made enough profit on the first season that they can actually afford to piss people off). What would be funny is if they sold the rights to their cash cow to some other company without telling anyone and they are merely the scapegoats. Seriously can you imagine a square-enix or gonzo-fied haruhi? I think not. Kadokawa though can do whatever they want. I frankly could care less and although I'm a fan of haruhi I know a second season will come out sooner or later. The longer they take the better it might be...unless they're all chibified in the next season. That would suck.

07:51 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

mind giving us the tl;dr on that?

Comment by Supakitsune
    14:55 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Theory: Haruhi-chan tacked onto end of Haruhi episodes.

Theory: Current insane marketing campaign is just to keep people guessing.

Theory: Season 2 of Haruhi has been delayed for so long because the seiyuus have been caught up in other works.

Theory: Just chalk it up to Yuki-level trolling ("cheat" level) and good ole Kadokawa Quality.

09:27 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bondage bondage bondage

08:37 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Kadokawa's gorilla marketing would indeed make sense if someone else had swallowed the entire Haruhi team whole to make a movie. It might even be Ghibli, which is also shrouding their future projects in mystery. They had announced a project by Yoshiyuki Momose, which then turned out to be a music video this February - or was the music video just the cover for a greater project?

Comment by Peanutbutter003
    10:16 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Comparison of Ep 1 rerun and DVD version (7x speed):

Top-right: Rerun, Bottom-left: DVD

I've noticed 0:28 credits were slightly different, other than that, no difference.

Comment by Jarmel
    09:29 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What the fuck is going on?

Comment by shalala
    22:15 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There going to be a bloodshed and fans are going to end up ripping teh light novels,mangas, figures with any thing to do with haruhi. Thats what i think.

Comment by Chris
    14:48 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Along the streets in Akihabara they'll be metal barrels put up with Haruhi holding Haruhi figures, dvds, and games with a speech bubble saying "Please dispose of all your combustible trash"

It shall be a glorious day.

22:19 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Careful, from what I've seen lost1Zero is just the sort of money-grabbing dick to go right out and try to sue you for using his artwork.

Comment by Nanaya
    19:04 27/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh shut up. Don't slander my brother like that you dipshit.

20:49 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

T-Tll i juz wan to watch the anime . Well nothing can be done . juz sit down and see wat the dumbass editor is going to do with the million-making anime.

20:34 30/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The artist of the op pic has some brushing up to do. Staring at his own two feet for a while would be a good start.

Comment by Garvala
    19:05 27/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I...don't see what's wrong with them...

14:24 03/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

To me it all depends on Haruhi's seyuu... If it's not Aya, then fuck you. Thanks.

Comment by Kanachan0
    06:11 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think a japanese Johann is making a social experiment in order to see how many otaku suicides will be when they'll announce, after another year of terrifying marketing, that there was no second season in the first place.... nante kowai =_=

Comment by Muzaffar
    01:01 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So like, whats gonna happen now?

Comment by SaruDa
    23:13 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They're convinced the best marketing campaign is to confirm new developments directly via anonymous message boards.

Comment by Shinky
    23:00 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Can just ask them to show it and don't waste time anymore? :P All of us are waiting for it now. Soon, K-On would overshadow their popularity... ^.^;;

06:55 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

My money is on haruhi-chan being broadcast between episodes of the first series.

04:16 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

not surprised T.T

Comment by Otakumanichiwa
    04:15 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hmm maybe Officer Schroedinger and the Millenium is their PR team...time to call Alucard..hehe

04:19 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I have no idea who those are other than Alucard. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrodingers_cat

Comment by Otakumanichiwa
    04:22 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

neh? not a Hellsing fan? you've got to be kidding, that franchise can be considered as a masterpiece...man, I miss Hellsing...

04:31 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

How does it compare to Berserk? I need something to read while Miura watches NicoNico IdolM@ster videos.

Comment by Otakumanichiwa
    04:42 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hmm I think when it comes to art, berserks's the winner..

I dunno, Hellsing has its themes and motifs that are uncommon to most anime genres..and I liked the part that the creator successfully merged Bram Stoker's Dracula, World History, and contemporary events to Hellsing. The main characer, Alucard is way too cool.

Read the manga first, watch the anime then OVA afterwards. The anime series has a different story while the OVA (still unfinished) remained faithful to the manga, but the anime has more character development that's why I recommended to watch that first. Hope you'll like it. Enjoy!

Comment by Gantz_Playboy
    04:27 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I can hear Crispin Freeman (Alucard) now...Haruhi info release tactic- Level One!...hahahaha (evil giggles)

LOVE that picture though!- Who drew that! it's awesome.

Comment by Otakumanichiwa
    04:50 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

people, just remain calm..I think Kadokawa is just using psychological mumbo bumbo stuff here..the more you react the more it gets mysterious..just sit back, relax and enjoy the "rerun"...

Comment by Otakumanichiwa
    15:41 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ok, you're the boss

Comment by Otakumanichiwa
    04:52 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oops..I think I pressed the reply button..grrr

Comment by Otakumanichiwa
    05:53 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

basing from your statement, it implies the you actually 'cared' what an irony isn't it...

Comment by Firo
    06:04 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually - no. It's the same thing as with Spice and Wolf. I'm fully contented with first season - no need for other, BUT, I will watch 2nd season though ^^

Don't confuse my "rage" with "care" (rage =/= care)

Comment by Firo
    05:14 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"AS IF ANYONE CARED!"

I don't care if 2nd season gets released or not. I will watch it if it comes out, but I won't be crying if it won't.

The thing is, Kadokawa is a bunch of trolls playing with ppl.

I like their "psychology":
    1. Get rid of fans
    2. PROFIT??

Good luck for them >_> *pissed*

Comment by CC
    04:14 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That would be funnier than anything they could put in a new episode tbh.

Comment by mix
    11:24 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i dare them to try that. it would be epic.

Comment by Chris
    14:29 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The Otakuverse would implode, destroying Kadokawa in a firey blaze.

Comment by Fatty
    04:47 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If they keep it up I will refuse to watch it (that is if it ever comes out).

RAWR

Comment by Ren Ichimoku
    04:59 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

^_^ RAwR I love nagaTo YUki!

04:32 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

wow... I really don't like kadokawa... you'd think they would actually try to promote their biggest property, but instead they're just making people sick of it with all the crap they keep pulling.

If they really had a second season planned, I think they would get the best results by simply using a normal publicity campaign since they already have a guaranteed audience. So this means that they're either idiots for hiding the fact that they have nothing coming, douchebags for hiding a second season, or both for either reason.

Comment by Gantz_Playboy
    15:29 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe this is the same thing as guy who created "Cromartie High"?- Didn't he hate that it became so popular and that he had to keep doing it...to the point of making it Insanely weird (This is what an Otaku friend said).

Maybe Kadogawa really dislikes all the 'Rush' and Hub-Bub over "Haruhi"?- maybe he's pissed that it became popular with 'the wrong crowd' or He secretly despises the people who Worshiped Haruhi and he cynically likes to 'mess with them'...Haruhi is rather ego-maniacal and a bit of a Bully. Maybe Kadogawa is both Haruhi & Kyon on a personality level.

Kadogawa is a Sadist with his fans...no doubt about that! Screw Him, I'm gonna watch a fan-sub for free and never give the guy a dime anyway...his antics don't affect me. Theres way more to Anime than him.

21:03 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope my sarcasm detector is just broken, but Kadokawa is the company publishing Haruhi, no direct affiliation with the author...none of what you're saying makes any sense in this context.

Comment by Gantz_Playboy
    14:06 11/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WHOA- there Mr. Chris...while I would agree I'm not a 'Jedi of Otaku proportions' like many of you- This site alone has taught me a great deal about the more 'sexual' and cultural sides of the Anime/Otaku lifestyle- I've never bothered with ANY other English Anime site because they are: Full a angry girls, Wussy men, Hardcore P.C. attitudes, and avoid "moe", sexual fetish, and Japanese Lifestyle concerns like the plague! This is the ONLY anime forum I call home and I'd take a bullet for it's creator Artefact (for whom has given me so much!)

*Yes, I watch Dubs- I'm an American film student naturally I like to enjoy things in English. I also love the Subs and since the fall of 2008 I've been watch 80% subbed Anime. Am I 'Low-Level' next to all you on her?- Maybe. But next to the average American (who only watches "Adult Swim" & stuff)- I'm a fuckin' GOD!- lol. I am NOT a troll. I'd be happy to chat any of you personally but I understand it's a bit of a 'clique'. I appreaciate ALL those who contribute here. I am not a 2ch or 4cher....too scary.

Comment by Chris
    14:33 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anon, Gantz_Playboy is low level, to prove a point he watches dubs. I doubt he meant anything sarcastically nor was he trolling...

Why he'd type so much about something he knows nothing about is a mystery to me though.

Comment by Gantz_Playboy
    14:06 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I was going off what others have said on this very blog as they continually blame Kadokawa (or gawa?) for thumbing his nose at the fans and being a ego-manicial dick with it's handling of the 2nd season - I simply assumed it was 'a person'= I don't read into the creators or studio houses - I comment on the Anime, fans, & characters themselves.