Hong Kong Menu

chinese-prostitute-list

A non-culinary menu of the most sordid sort comes to light, illustrating the costs of various special encounters.

Advertising the going rates for procuring carnal services from ladies of various nationalities and characteristics, the “menu” has some rather fanciful descriptions of the wares available to the discriminating customer.

The translation:

大波北姑: big-breasted northern girl

青春陀地: youthful local

白淨馬拉: fair-skinned Malay

熱情寶妹: feisty Filipina

狂野鬼妹: wild white girl (or “raving wild evil ghost little sister” if you read the characters in more literal manner)

It is worth noting that procuring the services of the “wild evil ghost little sister,” will cost a customer twice as much than purchasing the services of one of the local varieties, perhaps owing to the exotic nature of a potential interracial sexual encounter, or the rarity of such a product in the local market.

500 HKD is about $65.

In comparison, Filipina and Malay equivalents may hold great appeal to the bargain conscious consumer…

Comment by life_is_happy@loop.com
    05:36 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Who removed my comment! Darn!

Comment by Artefact

Don't make those sort of comments (FFFFF, etc).

Comment by life_is_happy@loop.com
    01:09 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

But that picture is really really old!

03:31 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Filipina should be 1000 =P

Comment by Genny
    03:39 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The Pilipina shouldn't be in there to begin with

04:53 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes, unless the current Philippine government starts in advocating to strengthen and enriching itself as a nation, acquiring its own blue-water navy and then blast the Chink Navy away from some portion of the Spratlys Islands. A glorious nationalist revolution is the only way to achieve it.

There, we're going to prove that Chip Tsao is fucking wrong as hell. D:

04:54 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

In addition, Filipinas won't be forced to work in a melamine-infested Hong Kong anymore.

Comment by Genny
    22:29 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Whoever posted that inspiring thought up there I hope you're a fellow filipino.

Anyways, that's the main issue here in the country.

I hope that our people would be wiser in the next elections..if not, quit blaming the government and start doing great things themselves.

It would be great if we don't have to work abroad anymore.

07:08 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Am I the only one who finds this quite disturbing?

09:11 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i'll have a russian girl with a side of vodka please

09:41 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

one youthful local for me hmm i wonder how youthful she will be

Comment by xbow
    08:16 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I tried Russian once. Yeah, you got what you pay, exactly.

02:55 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i love my whores as much as the next guy, but can you at least try to relate it to anime or japanese culture somehow? toss in a line about how there's a company whose purpose it is to fly japanese men to hk for sex trips or something.

Comment by jinstevens
    04:17 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The site has had a pan-Asian focus from the very start, and as you can see the site is significantly different in tone than some of the other fairly prominent sites that feature exclusively news on anime. I think you'll find the news on such sites rather dry.

Balance is pretty important to us, so we do strive to publish the majority of the articles based on anime, manga, H and games, but we also publish articles that have wider audience appeal. This has been a goal since the very beginning, and we have reiterated this constantly.

With that said, the easiest way to get us to not publish these types of stories (or at least feature them more seldomly) is by simply not reading them. While we have wide latitude in the type of stories we write, we are constantly looking at what appeals to our readers. If these stories prove unpopular (they are not, they are consistently more popular than general anime stories, though not as popular as 3D galleries), then we will focus on writing on other topics.

Comment by Anon
    05:27 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just asking a question here, but how does the popularity (rated in page clicks I assume) of non-Japanese culture related stories like these compare to that of Japanese culture related stories like these? By "stories like these" I'm referring to general prostitution and sex slaves sorta news that may or may not be directly related to anime.

Comment by jinstevens
    06:48 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's difficult to say without going through some rather exhaustive analysis unfortunately. Some Japan culture articles are also pretty popular, and hence they'll continue to be written.

The most popular article on the site is one involving a chair killing a boy by anal penetration. That's a China story. After that are a series of 3D galleries. The first Japanese culture story that cracks the top 20 is one involving a charity effort by Japanese AV stars to help Africa.

What makes analysis murky is that some stories have been around for much longer, while others have been around for merely a short time. Some non-Japan culture stories have spiked quite a bit, drawing tremendous traffic in a short time (ex: recent Shanghai sperm hospital story), while others don't make an impact ignore (prompting us to not write similar stories). Stories that cause spikes in traffic tend to be quite valuable as you can well understand.

In short (generalizing a lot here), the popularity of Japan and non-Japan related culture story seem roughly equivalent, though that doesn't account for certain articles from each category that outstrip the general mean considerably.

I've actually been quite surprised to see what works and what doesn't. For example, some of our most popular stories happen to be some of our shortest, while some well-written but longer works barely get read if you consider the general standards of this site.

Comment by Anon
    08:13 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Thanks for responses. Yeah, I can imagine it being hard to check for comparing popularity due to some articles have been up longer. If one isn't really thinking long term statistical analysis, it wouldn't be automatic to put something in place that tracks visits per month per article or something like that. It'd be interesting to see how the decrease falls over time after the initial spike in views once posted, like is it linear or exponential. Also if a low level plateau is reached or no one looks at all after the initial spike, showing a sustained interest in an article's topic in what one could a assume to be new readers checking out older links in the site.

Though I don't find it that surprising at all that short articles are read more than long ones. I assume attention span over the internet is pretty small unless someone is researching something in depth or has a genuine interest in the article's topic. It not like people generally want to read analytic writing, but I kinda thought there would be more of that here after reading the About section. So I started reading this site looking for stuff that really delved into aspects of anime and Japanese culture. After realizing the articles weren't like that, I accepted it and added the site to my list anime news sites, only this one being more perverted. That part I didn't mind since it's still related to what I like reading about without being typically "dry".

On that note, about your top 20 hit article about JAV filming in Africa, I read that on another site which led me to find a clips of it. I saw one starlet not use a condom... basically saying "Insert HIV/AIDS Here". It was ridiculous. But I am still curious about how much they did raise in donation money, I never found articles about the result, just the moral outrage.

Comment by Artefact

I should add that one of the key determinants here is basically that Japanese "bizarre" news is much tamer in terms of number of sex slaves involved, outrageousness of crimes, insanity of perpetrator, moralism of government, etc.

It gets a boost as people are keen to read about Japanese perversion, but ultimately even the most hentai of teachers will only have sex with his students, he will not generally kill and eat them too.

Japan is just too safe to compete.

Comment by jinstevens
    09:55 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Unfortunately, I don't know how much money they raised, and you're right. It's downright dangerous to have sex in those conditions given the AIDS infection rates in parts of Africa and elsewhere.

Comment by halotoo
    11:18 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm surprise AV flim maker doesn't run HIV check, well it's her funeral.

Comment by Artefact

Supposedly they faked it with a black man they picked up in Japan.

Analytical articles just aren't that popular, and take a long time to write, so you won't see them in abundance. Hopefully as our stable of contributors increases you will see more involved articles at times.

The main problem with any long term analysis is that the site has grown in popularity such that an article can easily get 10,000 views in 24 hours, whereas a much earlier article might only have got a few hundred in the same period.

"Timeless" gallery articles tend to perform well over the long term (but it has to be offset against the colossal amounts of bandwidth they consume), but comparing other articles is hard as there are some which are very frequently linked in the posts themselves. Also there is the fact that search engine performance varies greatly.

Lastly, the time it takes to prepare a post is also a factor.

Much of this analysis is thus based on intuition: how many views, how many links, how SEO friendly, how many comments, etc...

02:54 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I would even like to see the HK columnist Chip "Cheap" Tsao to buy one 熱情寶妹 as a token of apology to the butthurt Flips whom they find one of his written articles as offensive. :D

Comment by Genny
    03:40 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Because it is offensive. Calling them Flips as you noted there is just the same.

01:36 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

500 is not a final for russian girl. Add cost of vodka, matryoshka, balalaika and gypsies with bear here.

01:49 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

>> balalaika

yaranaika?

01:53 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

balalaika, man, balalaika

09:12 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

kirarin revolution! balalaika balalaika bala~

Comment by Kinny Riddle
    01:24 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just in case anyone doesn't get it:

The "northern" in (大波北姑: big-breasted northern girl) doesn't mean Russia, but rather northern Chinese. As Hong Kong only borders with the mainland in the north, anything "north" in HK generally refers to all things China.

Comment by Al-Zabber
    02:06 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, China is pretty much like that in any case, Ive been living here for quite a while, three years in beijing and two in Shanghai to boot. Degeneracy and loonies all around.

Back to the malay bit, it is true... fair skinned malays are hard to come by. I find it quite strange that there are quite a mix of fair skinned and dark skinned in my family. then again, my cousins are Rojak and i'm half Hokkien... strange that i'm dark though

Well, im one of the unreligious types, and my uncle sums it up pretty well.

Nak makan Babi

From what my Grandparents told me, that was the way things were in the early days after the Japanese occupation. It was basically more like what Indonesia's upper class are like today, but both our countries are spoilled by radicals.

01:58 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Packing my bags atm, hope they taste good.

Comment by nekotails
    01:57 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Even looks aren't everything...or fair skin for that matter, I find that most malay girls doesn't have a very charming personalities, lady like or soft spoken and some other stuff that made me close one eye on them. They are some attractive/great attitude ones...but those are like 1 in a million.

Comment by japs
    15:11 21/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hmmm... dont really care for the price or the race... show me the face and I'll know the right value...

Comment by Desu
    21:28 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

first off, why pay THAT much for sex? its only 25 USD (or less, if you befriend the girls) in Cubao, and the girls are pretty good... if you know what you're supposed to do. (Like NOT picking from the "aquarium")

Second, how can the term "flip" not be degrading? I mean, "flip" is a term we use to designate Filipinos who "forgot" how to speak in tagalog and insist on what's popularly known as (srsly, no fucking idea what I'd call it) "nigga-speak". (again, no offense to african-americans or any similar demographic).

Oh, and I'm actually Chinese by blood, it's just that I was born and raised in the Philippines.

06:51 15/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

flip - fucking little island person, term used by us servicemen

Comment by AK-47
    00:54 22/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

THIS IS VERY HUMILIATING TO US MALAYSIAN!!! How come those Malay got there???!!! Is it because of their own willingness or else? Either way, there's only one solution for those that are willingly involved at that place : DEATH. I will personally ensure that!!!

10:17 21/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Melayu bodo mati sana.

23:18 05/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I think those malay girls should cost less than 100... U_U they are just horrible, generally... Some are cute, but that's 2 in a million... I'll take the Hong Koug girl to go please~

02:32 04/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

In Japland, if you want a decent quality girl, it will cost you at least 18k yen and that is only for 60 minutes...

13:37 30/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

malay gurl is fucking cheap bcoz most asians got a marble-sized breast and messy pussy... hahahaha
    go malaysians!~~~

11:29 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

“Malay and Filipinos, the niggers of East Asia.”

Oh my fucking god anon, your descriptions are always recognized by the whole world as very accurate. I salute you for that! :D

Although with my regrets, I’m sorry to tell you that I’m a fair-skinned Flip and I really hate to get myself into the hype of nigger (R&B, hiphop)and spic-infested (mexican telenovelas) mainstream culture of this country. I see them as degenerate and I want them to throw away back in the US and Mexico. :|

Have a nice day, then. *kira*

--- nice comment son, you could be the next hitler!

Comment by Genny
    22:34 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

For starters don't call yourself "Flip" if you are Filipino..it's degrading. Use "Pinoy" instead of that if typing Filipino is too long for you.

“Malay and Filipinos, the niggers of East Asia.”

that's some description coming from a power nation looking down on us..pitiful

Comment by Flip
    07:48 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

dude, flip ain't bad. F.ine L.ooking I.sland P.eople. as for the niggers of east asia comment, thats whatever lol. If somebody likes being a dick let them be a dick. Its their f*cking problem.

Comment by Genny
    23:05 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Calling Filipinos "Flips" feels like the same as calling Japanese "japs"..that's how I feel about it.

It isn't bad but...well, I just feel like we received so much insults already and the sorts

Comment by Southrop
    13:09 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow.. I didn't know Hong Kong had this. And I LIVE in Hong Kong!

Artefact: care to share the location? xD

22:49 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Things like these make life interesting.

Comment by rabbit
    22:22 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

is there any student price? (i kindly show my student card if i can get 10% discount)

Comment by Ido
    17:15 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd go for the first four because I'd still cost me just about 140$ XD

16:15 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The prices are a little more than what they charge here in Korea, no joke.

17:02 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Considering she's in goddamn Hong Kong, the Russian would probably do anything for a shot of Vodka.

16:55 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Im going to HK this may an im definately going to check this out. Problem is i dont know where this "restaurant" will someone point me the way :p

Comment by halotoo
    17:35 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Can't say for sure coz I don't do hooker, but my best bet is mongkok(Hongkong Akihabara).Try looking around the nightmarket's street. This remind me of a show they did regarding this matter how Russian girls were force into prostitution.

18:31 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Human Trafficking" is short two episodes series.

Comment by halotoo
    10:46 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

no not 'Human Trafficking', I think it was 'Inside story' local HK show.