Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Full Metal Alchemist Reborn

full-metal-alchemist-remade-1

The remake of Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Full Metal Alchemist, long anticipated, has just aired, and predictably has been greeted with great interest and enthusiasm.

This episode begins in medias res, apparently intended more to introduce the many charismatic characters the series possesses. The next episode is set to begin with the disastrous hubris which doomed the brothers Elric.

full-metal-alchemist-remade-2
full-metal-alchemist-remade-29
full-metal-alchemist-remade-30
full-metal-alchemist-remade-31
full-metal-alchemist-remade-32
full-metal-alchemist-remade

Via Nekoko.

The response seems extremely positive, although this summary episode is quite removed from the epic story expected.

Fans still speculate as to the precise timing of the anime versus the manga, though it seems fairly certain the manga and anime will follow into the same conclusion this time.

Comment by Cerenado
    06:21 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So the reason behind this remake is so that both anime and manga get the same ending? That's just great!! :D
    That indeed sounds much more enthusiastic than my previous fishy suspicion: "They just want to make some quick profit."

Comment by Fonzer
    23:42 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

why do i feel that i shouldn't watch full metal alchemist?

Comment by Firo
    01:59 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

'Cuz your Bleach, Naruto, Avatar (lol) are better "animes." Amirite?

Comment by ash_ka_chan
    05:13 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't diss Avatar The Last Airbender, man.

it's better then Naruterd and Bleach combined.

Comment by Cerenado
    06:22 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Avatar isn't even an anime though xD

Comment by ash_ka_chan
    08:25 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's made by classic anime fans although. 8D

Comment by rsk
    02:12 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

quite lawl.

felt that the recasting of mustang and hawkeye not really as good. mustang doesnt sound serious enough and hawkeye is a little too feminine. hope i get used to their voices.

but lust is totally to die for. 10 times sexier than ever.

paku romi is awesome as usual.

06:48 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I liked the episode, not too much recap from the first series, and we're right where the action is :-)

Comment by SaruDa
    01:52 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think I'm the only person I know who liked the movie better than the original series.

As such, I'll be treating the new series as though it doesn't exist.

Comment by apez1267
    05:47 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

im with ya, but its made by bones so i cant ignor it

Comment by SaruDa
    21:13 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You're still a hero in my book.

Comment by shalala
    06:46 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I Love the the first ep. It had action and comedy and the opening and ending rocks asss.

Comment by Hikikomori-Kun
    01:40 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I,am,not,even,going,to,begin,placing,the,whereabout,of,
    this,to,the,season,1.Elric,still,getting,bomb,on,with,
    the,'short',thing,though

17:53 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So dear Anonymous, which group of sub have the best one?

01:25 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Funimation is streaming the subtitled episodes, apparently the plan is to put each one up four days after it airs. The first one was just put up this morning.

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=1832 [http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=1832]

Seems really slow right now, I can only assume because many people are trying to watch it. =p

15:31 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

HUUUUUUUUUUGHES ;-;

08:14 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The preview/trailer for the show had the end song as the bg-score, so i was expecting that for the opening. I feel it would be better if they would exchange the op & end music. But all said both op & end seem lame in comparison to the old-anime's op & end.

Comment by Y10NRDY
    09:25 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i was extremely apprehensive about this but being a fan of the original i, of course, downloaded it and watched it last night and it... it... WAS EPIC!!!

Comment by motaku96
    23:42 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Animation looks great.

Comment by Archer112
    23:13 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

O WINRY, O WINRY, WHERE FORE ART THOU WINRY?
    Deny thy alchemist and refuse thy chest;
    Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my DFC.
    And I'll no longer be a critical (of this remake).

Comment by MaD-EyE-MoOdY
    17:56 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

thx for da post m8.... =]

Comment by Artefact

I have read the manga three times so it's not something I could overlook.

Comment by Pandemonia
    23:44 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

good call :3

new chapter soon <3

Comment by Jarmel
    00:46 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol three times? Looks like you're as much as a fanatic as I am.

18:23 08/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Same here Artefact, so I'm sure you also noticed that the first episode was a filler
    Strange

Comment by Raso
    18:09 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

considering its a anime only intro ep it was a really good side story

and since the Mangakan has stated FMA will not go past 100 chapters and they are on 97 iirc I suspect that it will cover the whole thing with 0 filler.

18:12 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I still think the series is too new to warrant a remake. It's fine for those who haven't seen the first anime. But for those who watched it, I would rather not plow through 30+ episodes of essentially the same story. Hopefully the scenario writer would add some plot twists or maybe narrate the story in a different fashion. Nonetheless I think it's a great show and I hope this will out perform the first anime(which was really good).

Btw I don't like the new Roy Mustang. I thought the old voice was more befitting. I would have preferred Nakamura Yoichi(Mr. Bushido) over Miki Shinichirou for the role.

Comment by GameBoiye
    18:46 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You don't have to plow through the same 30+ episodes of the same story. The anime only followed the manga up until about episode 18, and they had a few fillers before that. So esentially you're looking at 15-16 episodes of some of the same stuff but the rest of it being completely new (unless you read the manga)

17:45 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

was it just me? but i didn't like the season 2 at all. i don't really want to judge a serie after 1 episode. but i've been so against a season 2.

Comment by apez1267
    05:38 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i completly agree, i liked the frst 1 and they wer great and i love bones but the 1 thing i dont lik about the new 1 is the voiceing, it sucks

Comment by apez1267
    05:39 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

also, y does every 1 hatee the first version, i didnt see anything wrong with it??

Comment by ToastCrust
    18:15 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This isn't a season 2 at all. This is going to be a new adaptation of the manga, totally unrelated to the previous anime series.

To note, the previous anime series essentially veered away from the manga storyline about half way through (as it got ahead of the manga, in terms of plot), and rather than making filler or slowing down the tempo, Bones decided to just make up their own shit (which spawned several movies and OVA's, admittedly).

But yeah, the intention of this new adaptation is to (probably) follow the manga more faithfully, and give people a *real* adaptation of the manga. Of course, there's always a chance of a glitch between ideals and reality....

07:15 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Almost sound like the Final Fantasy games to me. Just that it's an anime instead. :p

Comment by halotoo
    12:06 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It is not as bad as Gegege no Kitaro, I was surprise that Alphonse was voice by Kugimiya-san. Didn't notice the first anime.

16:58 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Fans still speculate as to the precise timing of the anime versus the anime..."

I'm confused, did you mean manga versus anime, or the old anime versus the new one?

Comment by イチロ イノ Ichiro Ino
    18:39 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I was going to say that, but Thanks for letting us know...

Comment by otaku
    16:58 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

cnt wait to watch it!!!!

Comment by takuya
    17:01 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

same here... zomg >.< wish i was in jp instead of having to wait for the raw/subbed releases

Comment by イチロ イノ Ichiro Ino
    17:04 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There is a simulcast here in the Philippines...

also with Tears to Tiara

Comment by Kabayongtao
    03:14 09/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Philippines? Would it be subbed, english dubbed, or japanese?

17:58 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

san mappanood?

Comment by イチロ イノ Ichiro Ino
    18:31 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Animax, April 10 8:30 pm

Comment by ZeroEdge
    18:19 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sayang, pangit sched ng work ko.. di sure kung mapapanood ko T_T

(Translation)
    Too bad, my work schedule sucks.. not sure if I can watch it.

What's the sched, anyhoo?!?

Comment by イチロ イノ Ichiro Ino
    17:13 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

correction, FMA is "same-week" broadcast...

tears to Tiara is the simulcast...

18:34 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

@ZeroEdge

There's always torrents, Lol. Shinsen and Eclipse are subbing the series to name a few.

21:11 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

@ichiro
    is it dubbed or subbed?

Comment by BuggyBY
    23:04 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I doubt any commercial dubs will be aired the same week as the original Japanese.

Comment by Artefact

I think the point is that there are legitimate sources on offer?

Comment by HELL
    19:52 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ITT: People can't wait a few hours to get the subbed chapter

:rolleyes:

Seems like none of you kids is old to enough to have been watching anime during the late 80s and 90s where the only sources for anime were normal TV broadcasts and VHS copies.

Comment by Gantz_Playboy
    18:57 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I sooo want this series to 'go away'- I'll admit I haven't watched the 'new one' but I really don't get this notion of Re-DOING an entire series from scratch- It just reeks of re-milking original fans for New DVD's, Merch, and Misc products.

Imagine if they re-made "Haruhi" or re-made Sailor Moon or Cowboy Bebop - that implys you weren't serious the first time (cut corners, rushed it to air, just trying to make a buck?) OR that rather than continue with something NEW- you're gonna RE-Make the Old....gee, look at that 'ready made' audience so hungry for anything FMA.

Can you trade you Old FMA DVD sets for the new ones? Do you get New Merch for the old? I'd have waited atleast 5-7 more years before doing a Re-Make (like "Hellsing Ultimate"). It reminds me of George Lucus going back and 'tweaking' or re-doing his Original Trilogy....just leave your stuff alone! Why cheapen your first series by re-makeing it.

Yes, I am just annoyed that FMA (and it's USA Emo following) is relevent again - I was so happy it went away...I loath certain American FMA fans almost as much as I despise "Twilight" fans....VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE!! The are not pussy vegans!!...Edward is an EMO!

Sorry- I had to rant!

03:44 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

*cough*Hellsing *cough*

Comment by Gantz_Playboy
    17:16 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I am confident- I wear a "I love Hentai" T-shirt in public. I ate a Big Mac at a funeral. I don't worry about what others think, especially if they don't know about anime.

Why is it that FMA fans can't stand it when someone rails against FMA? (for ANY reason!) There are too many Anime's to count, it's just one series - Nothing is sacred! Eva, Bebop, Haruhu, Gundum, Bleach, Code Geass, Lucky Star, Naruto, Azumanga D, Chobits- none of fans of these shows ever get 'pissy' and defensive when you low-ball or call their show lame- only FMA. And they hate it when you call 'It' and Edward Emo.....I did this 'weed out' those people on this site.

I'm done talking about it- I hope you all enjoy FMA-2 and I can only hope that the recession will slow the progress of an English dub of this series coming to the US- lol. I have NO problems with a Japanese version (let those Emo's READ it!)

Comment by S_K
    14:13 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This annoys me quite a bit. If a bunch of douchebags start professing how much they love peanut butter it's not going to stop me from eating peanut butter. Be confident enough in your own tastes to not give a damn what other people think or fear that they'll lump you in with a group of people you don't like.

As for the new FMA, I'm interested to see how it goes. I was a bit annoyed by the chibi portions or whatever the hell people call them.

Comment by Gantz_Playboy
    13:02 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL....Yes, I LOVE the "Hellsing Ultimates". However, they waited over 5 years to re-do it and they're making them Hour long adaptations and it's a slightly different animal. I liked the original series also but it's more of a 'Cult thing' and the USA fans for it don't make you embarrest to walk around with a "Hellsing" T-Shirt.

As for the BONES concerns, I'll admit that I'm not at the level yet where I can judge or comment on an Anime but it's studio or house. I have NO probs with FMA anything in Japan! - It's the USA fans- like Hot Topic Emo's and whiney obese goth chicks that seem to 'love' FMA (on Cartoon Network) and run around and make the rest of us look bad.

I'm annoyed that those brats get another 'bite of the apple' with another FMA series- although most of those punks seem to be in love with "L" from 'Death Note'...but atleast "DN" is cool! It's the USA fans I despise with FMA - NOT the series itself. If you all like it, I'll trust your opinions that it's good!...just can't stand some of the people FMA attracts in the States.

Sorry for the rant!....back to Tsumugi, Ryofu Hosen, and Asuka Pantsu's!!!!

Comment by Madame Red
    01:15 13/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oh my. i certainly believe this isn't a remake.

if it was a remake it'd be the same storyline, same characters and all with better graphics and etc.

so, this isn't a remake.

and FMA still rocks. and yes, sparkling vampires suck.

Comment by EroMango
    21:07 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

they remade it cause the first one was too farfetched compared to the original manga, personally i hated the original anime, killed what was great about fma so im glad they remade it

imagine an epic novel (or maybe even your favourite novel), ppl decided to make a movie out of it but it sucked ass, and after a few years they decided to redo it again?

21:06 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I see your avatar and I'm assuming you like KyoAni. How can you rant about BONES when you like KyoAni?

The difference between the first FMA anime and the new FMA anime will be like the difference between Lucky Star and K-On.

Comment by ash_ka_chan
    05:18 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I like KyoAni too, but I like more BONES series. BONES are the ones that did the Cowboy Bebop movie Knockn' on Heavens Door.

BONES also did Darker Than Black, Wolfs Rain, Soul Eater, and the awesome Ouran High School Host Club.

Comment by Anonononono
    20:08 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol...this isn't hollywood...

Comment by ash_ka_chan
    19:16 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

... Uh... What?

BONES remade FMA to be more like the manga. FANS wanted a new series, since the old anime didn't follow the manga.

BONES sure as hell aren't milking our money. Instead, they're listening to us, the fans.

... Emo's aren't real. It's just depressed kids as adults call 'em. ._.;; Geez.

Comment by ash_ka_chan
    05:10 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I like to think that emo's aren't real... >.>;;

Comment by Pandemonia
    23:43 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Emos are real. Unfortunately.