Tales of Vesperia PS3 Version Announced

rita-mordio-tales-of-vesperia-bikini

The long awaited PS3 version of blockbuster Xbox 360 “exclusive” RPG Tales of Vesperia has finally been officially announced.

The game will be released at an unspecified time in 2009, and will be a “complete” edition, with the addition of a new character, the nautical loli pictured (possibly rendered as “Patty Fleur”).

tales-of-vesperia-ps3-announcement-1

tales-of-vesperia-ps3-announcement

With a Production IG movie adaptation of the game also due, it looks as if the Tales franchise is once again hotting up, although the next next-generation (PS3/Xbox 360) “mothership” title is still not announced.

Also detailed is another one of Namco’s interminable series of crossover spinoff Tales RPGS, Tales of Versus, due 2009 for the PSP.

This announcement has nothing to do with the usual torrent of fake news purporting to be humourous associated so unfortunately with the first of April.

Might this herald the end of the dearth of RPGs on the PS3? Fans will be hoping as much…

Comment by NightFoxXIII
    10:22 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FUCK YEA. It's good that I bought a PSP too. Damn this sounds fucking epic. Can't wait for the PS3 ver, I don't mind getting this again

11:06 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Love the new character. "Tales of" is a moe goldmine.

Comment by MaidNiac
    11:32 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Two Lolis for the price of one.. I love you Namco.

Really wished evil loli panchira villains are playable too <3

10:18 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

im a PS3 and 360 owner, so i dont care much about console war game but I say all should move to ps3 and goodbye to MS region lock shit

Comment by Tate
    07:47 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

looking good, definitely going to get this shit once it comes around to the ps3.

Comment by rawr
    10:08 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lots of 360 fanboys in here. Nice news for PS3 users. I'll continue being indiferent to next-gen for a while tho.

09:59 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That Rita pic turns me on.

Comment by Jashin
    12:04 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Finally... I hate X360...

Comment by mi
    21:03 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hope they make ps2 version...
    dun have x360 or ps3 yet T_T

19:58 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anyone actually going to replay it on the PS3 for a handful of extras?

I'm more interested in the other tales titles. Are they ps3 exclusives? If so when are they coming?

Comment by Kaiza
    19:04 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

@Artefact

the highlight one is TOV.

Comment by metatron
    01:10 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

loli pirate 8D

15:58 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

PS3/360 is current gen, not next gen.

00:02 23/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

- Joe - Well I aint read all the posts, just a skim... All I can say to you NTSC people is be thankful you have at least the 360 copy, lol... They're really not being fair in how long it's taken for the EU 360 release. 10 months? What the fuck. We get the same voice acting as the NA peeps anyway, the gap between JP release date and NA release date was about 3 weeks. Both were out at some time in August '08 -_- If we're getting the extra stuff that the PS3 version is apparently getting in our EU 360 version, that'd be some consolation/reason for a HUGE delay, buuuut I aint getting hopes up...

Comment by plmko
    17:35 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yah! I can finally play a game from one of my favourite franchises.
    Bloody Xbox it has done more damage then good, it is because of it that companies have become greedy and stingy on their ports. If there was only one premier console.

Comment by Jarmel
    18:29 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's called the Wii.

Comment by N.R.
    12:12 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't want to start another console war so take what I'm about to say in good spirit. I think the main point in Narcissist's first post is not which console is better, but the fact that a lot of "exclusive" games for the 360 are exclusive for about half a year. People that loves 360 gets betrayed by MS on a daily basis, and the extra content for the PS3 version doesn't help them think better of MS.

12:06 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I approve. I might actually pick up a PS3 if there's enough titles I like.

Comment by Kaiza
    12:24 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, the news of TOV in PS3 had been announced by Bandai Namco at December 2008.

1st april or not it doesn't matter the PS3 ver. The matter is , if it true that loli char is featured in PS3 ver.

Comment by Artefact

No it wasn't. Source it if you are so sure.

14:41 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

tales of graces for wii ?

03:00 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope this announcement is not something like this.

Comment by halotoo
    03:38 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

haha suck to be them,I wounder if this trend started from EGM

Comment by rargy
    02:40 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I can't help but think april fool when i see Patty Frool.
    That being said, a new character would mean additional content since she wasn't an already existing unplayable character and can't just appear out of nowhere..

Comment by Artefact

It's supposed to be a complete edition so hopefully there will be plenty of additions...

05:53 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Can't really call it a complete version though can we. It's simply a case of making good use of the gap between 360 and PS3 release.
    I'm sure most of the people outside of Japan who are interested in JRPG's have a 360 by now, so news like this doesn't really mean much.

Comment by Keirnoth
    12:19 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There's also the giant capacity gap between the DVD format and the Bluray format. There's tons of stuff they can add, so I hope they take full advantage of the Bluray platform.

Comment by Rinfinite
    02:22 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The PS3 version of ToV gets a new loli character?

Rita is still love though. I'd take her over some pirate loli. <3

Comment by DHYohko
    02:30 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

that makes too of us, rita made the entire game worth it for me. and now i need to ge this version too.

Comment by Chaos
    10:53 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't forget Judith, at least for me.

Well, that's one RPG I'm gonna have, that's for sure. And luckly I got the 'old' PS3 model with compability for $405 off eBay, so I should count my blessings.

Well, for the doubters, just stick around Sankaku and wait for the AF announcement. If it's not there, it was true.

02:14 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I can't believe anything on April 1st. If I'm still hearing about this next week, then maybe I'll believe it.

Comment by Firo
    03:00 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The date, look at the date! "2009-04-02"

FAIL XD

Comment by Lumi
    03:03 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's still April 1st in Europe/US. So... :/

Comment by Lumi
    07:16 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No, this announcement was made yesterday (April 1st). Shounen Jump's newest magazin (which came out yesterday on April 1st) "featured" both games there.

There isn't even an announcement on namco's homepage :/ If i don't see it there, i'm not goin to believe it D:

Comment by Lumi
    03:04 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oh, i meant to comment on artefacts "It isn’t April 1st." D:

03:17 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's April 2nd in Japan.

That's all that matters.

Comment by HELL
    03:05 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I laugh at people thinking that this is an april fools joke.

Wednsdays of every week, is the day that the Japanese magazines Famitsu and Shonen Jump get leaked before their release.

People have eyesight to differnciate a joke and an actual game announcement.

Comment by Jarmel
    03:16 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Magazines have been known to do April Fools. Anything regarding major news announcements are to be taken with a grain of salt till next week.

Comment by Jarmel
    09:23 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Um yes they do.

Comment by Joe
    06:49 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

not in japan they dont

Comment by Jarmel
    02:40 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm with Anon on this

Comment by ShibariComplex
    Comment by Artefact
    02:18 02/04/2009 # ! Questionable

It isn't April 1st.

Comment by Narcissist
    03:03 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Tytyty. Now I can whip my X360 some more and polish my PS3 with the 360's tears.

Disgusting MS always buys these exclusive periods for the good games, so I always have to first buy the game to X360 and then throw it away when the PS3 version arrives half a year later. Oblivion, Eternal Sonata, Bioshock, Enchanted Arms, I had to exchange all these games from X360 to PS3. -_-

But in the end, the best games are always the old ones. Have started to play Vandal Hearts again to PSX, aaah my sweet youth.

Comment by Jarmel
    10:51 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ok first off just because you own multiple systems doesn't make you a fanboy. Your absolute hatred for the 360 is pretty obvious.

Second of all your logic that price = quality is untrue. There is a correlation between price and quality but to hate a system and look down upon it is just stupid(I pray to god you have a 3.2 ghz quad core and atleast a 9800GTX or you're just common too).

Second off, of the three you mentioned only GTA came out at the same time(and even then the graphics are debatable). I'm assuming you are in the gaming industry if you can make lines such as "But when they are better on the X360, it is not because of lack of power buy rather crappy ports from unexperienced coders." It would seem about a large majority of developers are unexperienced like Bethesda(Fallout 3 was much much better on the 360 graphics wise),Sega, Capcom(Resident Evil 5 looks slightly better on 360), and Monolith(F.E.A.R. 2). Both systems are about equal graphics-wise.

Of course PC destroys all, I personally don't like keyboard and mouse though.

Comment by kebrus
    11:07 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

^ while you are right in almost everything you said, fallout 3 is actually better on ps3 graphic-wise, they even released a patch that enables some, not all, missing effects from the game that the ps3 version already had...

Comment by Jarmel
    11:25 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

@Kebrus

Oops seems I missed part of your post. Yes they did release a patch that upgraded the graphics on the 360 however IGN did an analysis even before the patch and thought it was better.

Comment by Jarmel
    11:12 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Incorrect. Go look at IGN Insider's Head to Head comparison and they judge the 360 version superior. In fact they upgraded the graphics on the 360 but I don't think they did something similar with the PS3. The PS3 patch it seems was mostly freezing issues and Trophies. And we're not even discussing the DLC for Fallout 3 that will make the game much better than the PS3 version(higher level cap anyone?)

Comment by Narcissist
    10:17 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Who did ever say wait? If you had read my previous comment I was clearly saying that I would first buy the game to X360, and then throw it away when the PS3 version arrives.
    And I own loads of consoles, so fanboy (boy?) do simply not apply to me, since then I would only own the brand I supposedly would be "fanboying" over. Since I own them all, I can speak from experience and not prejudice.

And Anonymous, please stop refering to yourself when commenting. Anon is the avatar of non-personality. If you want to write about yourself then use a nickname, oksiepoksie?

And Jarmel (is it just me or does that sound very muslim like?), I buy pretty much every game that is released and at least gets over 8 in average score.
    And there are loads of examples where the multi-releases are superior on the PS3, and admittedly alot that is better on the X360 too. But when they are better on the X360, it is not because of lack of power buy rather crappy ports from unexperienced coders. And it is usually only drop in FPS and such.
    When the PS3s power is utilized it WILL whip the X360, take for example Oblivion, GTA4, Bioshock. Not to mention that PS3 releases which are a bit later almost always get extras, like ToV now or Eternal Sonata etc.
    I usually do not care for multi-releases though, since they usually are worthless FPS like CoD and the like.

Now be quiet, obnoxious hoi polloi.

07:56 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I own a 360 and a PS3, so your "commoners" comment is not only asinine, it's based on a LOT of assumption. You are a fanboy, plain and simple. And a rather unintelligible one, at that.

Comment by Jarmel
    09:22 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Leave Narcissit alone in his or her own little crazy world. I's obvious they don't know much about gaming otherwise they would know must multiplatform games(released at the same time anyway) are better on the 360.

10:39 03/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I would just like to say that it's a proven fact that PS3 has better hardware. Meaning, games have been proven to run better and look better on PS3.

If PS3 had more games, more people would buy it, but since it's easier to make games for 360, developers tend to make games for 360 exclusively.
    For those that don't know, 360 isn't in true HD, it's just a regular DVD with an enhancer on it, that's it.

I own both consoles, and I've personally tested multiplatform games to see which one is better. And 9 times out of 10, PS3 is better in everyway. This means not only gameplay and graphic wise, but even the online community is better on PS3. Since you don't have children screaming and idiots trying to betray you all the time cause they think it's funny.

15:58 07/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If the cheapest PS3 didn't cost as much as two of the most expensive 360s, that might go a ways towards increasing sales.
    MASSIVE DAMAGE!

Comment by Jarmel
    12:17 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I prefer the 360(mostly due to shooters) but not the point where I'm obsessive about it. It's just Narcissist made some stupid comments so I was correcting him.

Comment by Keirnoth
    12:10 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I love how the X360 fanboys come out of the woodwork to call the PS3 fanboy a fanboy.

Pot, kettle, black.

I'm just glad the PS3 gets a good game. Isn't that the fucking point?

Comment by Ershin
    14:39 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

(I am speaking to Narcissist)

Just so I'm clear on this: Let's say hypothetically that a quality title similar to Trusty Bell or Tales of Vesperia were to come out on the PS3, and then get a largely identical port with a small list of new features added a year later for the Xbox 360.

Would you buy the updated 360 version and then throw away your PS3 disc? If you answer in the negative, then you have proven your bias right there.

07:02 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That said, I will probably get ToV for PS3 as well, providing it has dual audio and the extra content just isn't a single character as per article.

Comment by Narcissist
    06:17 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No, it is just you poor simpletons who do not understand.

First of all, of those games I mentioned almost all releases are better to PS3 then X360. Secondly, even when installing to harddrive the X360 sounds like shit.Third and most imporantly, X360 are a poor commoners console. It is cheap and I do not like cheap crap that is bought by commoners. It is not like the PS3 is expensive, but it is more expensive which will make most simple commoners like you buy the X360 instead.

07:02 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah have fun waiting a year and a half for a slightly upgraded port which barely anyone but poor PS3-only owners will lust over.

I have both a 360 and PS3 and this is pretty much truth.

05:45 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol, that makes just no sense beside youre realy just a fanboy.

04:46 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Shut up, fanboy.

Comment by Gar
    06:25 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

^ LMAO.

Comment by Rinfinite
    16:05 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh dear, I guess I am just a poor commoner since I am only my 3rd Xbox 360 now. And I will just keep on buying a new one whenever I get hit by the RROD. I am a just a poor commoner after all.

Article is successful disgusting Sony fanboy lure.